PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison to THE RAVENS?!?!?!

Rhys Lightning 63
03-13-2013, 08:29 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-veteran-linebacker-james-harrisons-agent-talks-with-ravens-20130312,0,1079751.story

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

LatrobePA
03-13-2013, 08:48 PM
Harrison is washed up! Fk him!

coldrolled
03-13-2013, 08:51 PM
That's a good one... Would he really sign with them???

Goodfrom55
03-13-2013, 08:57 PM
I hope not, because if he does, I will have to change my handle in fear of being characterized as a troll. . .

Clevelandsux
03-13-2013, 08:58 PM
I heard this too. Remember it's a business. Ravens are hurting because of all there defections.

USMC607
03-13-2013, 09:24 PM
Whatever... when we beat him nxt yr hell wish he took.that 30% cut

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Real Deal Steel
03-13-2013, 09:38 PM
His place in Steelers lore will really,really take a hit if he does a blasphemous act like that.

coldrolled
03-13-2013, 09:40 PM
His place in Steelers lore will really,really take a hit if he does a blasphemous act like that.

ditto

Thomas_43
03-13-2013, 09:49 PM

It's a business, don't be one of "those" Steelers fans, it's about one thing and one thing only....Money

jdehoff83
03-13-2013, 10:24 PM
It's a business, don't be one of "those" Steelers fans, it's about one thing and one thing only....Money
So you would date your buddies ex? F that...harrison jersey will get lost quick

LatrobePA
03-13-2013, 10:36 PM

Well said.. I feel the same!

Big T
03-13-2013, 10:42 PM
He's 35 and he's still feels like he has a lot to give. If the Ravens are going to give him an opportunity, he'd be stupid not to take it just so he doesn't upset unreasonable Steelers fans.

That man has done so much for this team and to discard all that just because he wants to keep playing is ridiculous.

Clevelandsux
03-13-2013, 10:47 PM
Remember rod woodson played for the ravens and won his only sb there.

Thomas_43
03-13-2013, 10:58 PM

This is nothing like dating a friend's ex girlfriend. That situation involves friendships, feelings, and loyalty........

James Harrison signing with the Ravens involves none of those things. He gave us everything he had while he was with us.
This is a pure business move. The STEELERS are the ones who cut him, he didn't up and quit on us. We are the team who offered him a contract and didn't stick to it. No blame to James, Hats off to the man.

That being said, I don't blame the Steelers for cutting him, we have to get younger and they realize that.

DanRooney
03-13-2013, 11:23 PM
This is nothing like dating a friend's ex girlfriend. That situation involves friendships, feelings, and loyalty........

James Harrison signing with the Ravens involves none of those things. He gave us everything he had while he was with us.
This is a pure business move. The STEELERS are the ones who cut him, he didn't up and quit on us. We are the team who offered him a contract and didn't stick to it. No blame to James, Hats off to the man.

That being said, I don't blame the Steelers for cutting him, we have to get younger and they realize that.

Yeah that's why we signed Larry Foote to a 3 year deal and lost Wallace, Mendenhall and probably Lewis.

I don't blame Harrison for leaving at all. His performance was great when he was finally healthy in the last few weeks. Making him take a paycut was uncalled for. Colbert is overpaying players. Period. Antonio Brown isn't worth 8.5 million a year. Woodley isn't worth his 61.5 million. Polamalu should have taken a pay cut. He makes 9 million a year and has played like 7 games in the past 3 years.

86WARD
03-13-2013, 11:40 PM
Who cares. Just hope he hits Ben legally, hits Sanders and Brown legally and doesn't hurt Miller...lol.

Harrison is a Steelers legend. Just like Woodson, it's not going to "tarnish" his legacy. It's a business.

Omicron
03-13-2013, 11:41 PM
Remember rod woodson played for the ravens and won his only sb there.

This. I was upset when Rod signed with the Ratbirds, but he is still one of my favorite Steeler players.

TarlsQtr
03-14-2013, 01:02 AM
The guy intercepted a pass and returned it 100 yards for a TD in the Super Bowl, a TD that ended up being absolutely necessary to win. I do not care if he breaks Ben's leg and sh!ts on his face while Ben screams in pain; I will always love him for that play at the very least.

Nolrog
03-14-2013, 07:32 AM
First of all, the agent is only talking to the Ravens. And he should talk to them, along with all the other teams. That's what an agent does. Second of all, the Ravens don't have money to pay him like he wants. They basically want him for dirt cheap. If he refused a 30% cut from us, there's no way he'd go for less than that to them.

Nolrog
03-14-2013, 07:37 AM
Yeah that's why we signed Larry Foote to a 3 year deal and lost Wallace, Mendenhall and probably Lewis.

The Steelers have been getting younger (and hopefully healthier). Hampton, Smith, Harrison, Ward, Farrior all were let go in the last year+. They are obviously getting younger, even though it's still necessary to bring back a guy like Foote (who they had no replacement for by the way) for another year.

As for Wallace and Lewis, Wallace wanted QB type money. There's no way he'd fit into the Steelers salary structure; Miami is going to regret that contract, just you watch. And Lewis, well, let's see what happens first. He hasn't gone anywhere yet. And Mendenhall, you're complaining that they let Mendenhall go? Seriously?

DanRooney
03-14-2013, 10:57 AM
The Steelers have been getting younger (and hopefully healthier). Hampton, Smith, Harrison, Ward, Farrior all were let go in the last year+. They are obviously getting younger, even though it's still necessary to bring back a guy like Foote (who they had no replacement for by the way) for another year.

As for Wallace and Lewis, Wallace wanted QB type money. There's no way he'd fit into the Steelers salary structure; Miami is going to regret that contract, just you watch. And Lewis, well, let's see what happens first. He hasn't gone anywhere yet. And Mendenhall, you're complaining that they let Mendenhall go? Seriously?

And who is James Harrison's replacement? Jason Worilds? lol.

coldrolled
03-14-2013, 11:09 AM

What is the deal... Worilds needs to play.. Lets see how Worilds does in the first 4 games... then lets evaluate and say he is good or bad...

He never really had a chance and when he did his sacks per rush attempt were way higher than Harrison's average.. and maybe Woodley's too..

I think both Worilds and McClendon look like they can handle the job at this point..

Zachintosh66
03-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Watch Worlids have 2 sacks in his first or second game... then all these "Harrison grave robbers" will be like "oh yeah it was time to move on, we had to do it for the best of the team"

coldrolled
03-14-2013, 11:31 AM
Watch Worlids have 2 sacks in his first or second game... then all these "Harrison grave robbers" will be like "oh yeah it was time to move on, we had to do it for the best of the team"

Throw one in for McClendon too.... He will throw the center on top of the QB.. We will still call it a sack.

jdehoff83
03-14-2013, 12:01 PM
Please ask some ravens players if they would cut a deal with pittsburgh!? Ill stand there and watch as they laugh in your face... its money its his life totally understand and no matter what ill think he was an incredible lb... should he have been cut no but i thought ward shouldve played another year or two, and im sure ill be pist when troy has to go too.. that being said players shouldnt cut deals with rival teams or teams within their own division thats my opinion. Some of you stand for a player, while i stand fora team

steelchamp204
03-14-2013, 12:01 PM
I just bought his jersey lastyear, If he signs. Im burning it.

Nolrog
03-14-2013, 12:20 PM

Didn't you just say they brought back Foote so they aren't getting younger? And now you're saying they shouldn't get younger because they have Worilds?

You're on both sides of the argument.

tburg68
03-14-2013, 12:29 PM
There should be an age and IQ limit on this forum of at least 20+.

Zachintosh66
03-14-2013, 05:56 PM
Heard harrison is gonna vist Arz too, naturally

coldrolled
03-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Harrison wont goto the Ravens.. He sees everyone leaving... He will look for a spot on a SB team and be a backup for cheap.
SF, Seattle, Denver

Farrior Fan
03-14-2013, 07:02 PM
I doubt it, he is going for one last payday. And no one is going to pay him big money to be a backup. I don't blame him, but man I'm gonna miss him.

LatrobePA
03-15-2013, 10:42 AM
The mutual interest between the Baltimore Ravens and former Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison continues to build.

"I've talked to Ozzie and we're going to talk again Saturday," Harrison's agent Bill Parise told The Baltimore Sun on Thursday. "Their timeline is a little slower at this point, but Ozzie's going to have to sign at least a couple of linebackers. I know where we stand. He's made it clear that there's interest from the Ravens, and we have an interest. We would like that very much for James to wind up with great organization like the Ravens. So, we'll wait and see where it goes."

The Ravens' "slower" timeline might have to do with them awaiting a decision from safety Ed Reed. Harrison and the Ravens haven't even talked contract terms.

It's a familiar story from Parise, who said soon after Harrison was cut that he was a good fit in Baltimore.

Free-agent tracker

Where will Mike Wallace wind up? Follow him and all the other NFL players on the move in our free-agent tracker. More ...

The agent told The Sun there are six teams that have interest in the five-time Pro Bowl linebacker.

The Ravens make some sense for Harrison. Coming off a Super Bowl championship Baltimore lost outside linebacker Paul Kruger to the Cleveland Browns and inside linebacker Dannelle Ellerbe to the Miami Dolphins along with the retirement of Ray Lewis

The 34-year-old Harrison could provide a good tandem with linebacker Terrell Suggs as well as spelling Courtney Upshaw in certain passing situations.

Baltimore has holes to fill and will look to do it on the cheaper end. Its former nemesis could fit perfectly into both categories.

Follow Kevin Patra on Twitter @kpatra.

Big T
03-15-2013, 10:46 AM
They aren't going to pay Harrison $6 mil this year. I just don't see it happening. If he doesn't get an offer much better than what we offered, I can see him coming back to Pittsburgh. Giving him a "take a pay cut or be cut" ultimatum is shady, but having said that, a 30 percent decrease with a chance to earn it back by starts and production seems reasonable to me.

LatrobePA
03-15-2013, 10:51 AM
They aren't going to pay Harrison $6 mil this year. I just don't see it happening. If he doesn't get an offer much better than what we offered, I can see him coming back to Pittsburgh. Giving him a "take a pay cut or be cut" ultimatum is shady, but having said that, a 30 percent decrease with a chance to earn it back by starts and production seems reasonable to me.

I'd go for this..

coldrolled
03-15-2013, 11:33 AM
Worilds is young he can sit another year?? lol

coldrolled
03-15-2013, 11:34 AM
Sign Harrison.. Cheap.. Trade him to the first team that loses an OLB in the fall and get a #2 for him next year...

LatrobePA
03-18-2013, 11:47 AM
Since James Harrison was released by the Pittsburgh Steelers upon refusing to accept a pay cut, he has publicly flirted with at least a half-dozen teams featuring a 3-4 defensive scheme. His agent recently insisted that six teams are interested in the veteran linebacker.

So why hasn't Harrison signed -- or at least made team visits?

It appears that he and his agent have overestimated his value significantly.

Free-agent tracker

Where will Brent Grimes wind up? Follow him and all the other NFL players on the move in our free-agent tracker. More...

With NFL executives congregating in Phoenix over the weekend, SI.com's Peter King finds that Harrison is "the coldest name of them all" at the NFL Annual Meeting.

Unable to find a single person willing to admit an interest in Harrison, King believes the 34-year-old will have to settle for less than half of the $6.57 million he was scheduled to earn with the Steelers.

Frankly, King's report isn't the least bit surprising. While Harrison remains stout against the run, it was obvious that he had lost a few steps as a pass rusher last season. No team with a 3-4 defense is going to spend big money for a declining, injury-prone edge rusher no longer pressuring quarterbacks on a consistent basis.

It will be interesting to see if Harrison's market is cold enough that he would consider returning to Pittsburgh on a contract worth less than the reduced rate he rejected just over a week ago.

scudmissile29
03-18-2013, 11:50 AM
I don't want him back if he comes back with his tail between his legs

Big T
03-18-2013, 11:52 AM
SI's Peter King calls free agent James Harrison the "coldest name" at this week's league meetings. King says he "cannot find anyone admitting to being interested in the former Steeler." King believes Harrison may have to play for "less than half" of the $6.57 million he was scheduled to make before being cut loose by Pittsburgh. Harrison has been vaguely connected to the Ravens, but has spent most of his time on the open market opining about teams he would "love" to play for. At least so far, the interest hasn't been mutual.

LatrobePA
03-18-2013, 11:52 AM
I don't want him back if he comes back with his tail between his legs

Right, even if he says, OK I'll take a cut.. F that you had your chance!

TarlsQtr
03-18-2013, 12:13 PM
Right, even if he says, OK I'll take a cut.. F that you had your chance!

No way. Think of it from a business perspective. James was rounding into shape the last few games of the season as his knee got better. James at $6.57 million is too much. James at $3 million is a freaking bargain.

LatrobePA
03-18-2013, 12:15 PM
No way. Think of it from a business perspective. James was rounding into shape the last few games of the season as his knee got better. James at $6.57 million is too much. James at $3 million is a freaking bargain.

3 is a bargain but I feel like he'll sit on the couch before making an *** of himself coming back for that..

Real Deal Steel
03-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Harrison is not getting any interest from any teams. I"m thinking maybe we can get him back at a bottom basement price tag now.

coldrolled
03-18-2013, 02:39 PM
Harrison is not getting any interest from any teams. I"m thinking maybe we can get him back at a bottom basement price tag now.

If i was Harrison, i would sign for $1 and Life Time Health Benefits with 100% coverage...

Wont need an agent either.

BstripeYpaint
03-19-2013, 12:21 AM

A part of me would die to see JH in another uniform, especially the purple/black one. Like you, I'm hoping we might still get him back. The Steelers would remember his loyalty.

LastRide
03-19-2013, 12:33 AM
The millions this organization gave Harrison. Shouldn't he have given back a little and take less money ?.

connecticutsteel
03-19-2013, 01:33 AM
His place in Steelers lore will really,really take a hit if he does a blasphemous act like that. yeah just like woodson's did gimme a break

Crash
03-19-2013, 01:50 AM
yeah just like woodson's did gimme a break

Rod actually did. When he called the city racist that basically ended his sports bar which was doing booming business at the time.

TarlsQtr
03-19-2013, 09:40 AM
Rod actually did. When he called the city racist that basically ended his sports bar which was doing booming business at the time.

Uh, you basically admit in your response that Woodson did NOT suffer for the "blasphemous act" of playing for the Ravens, but for calling Pittsburgh a racist city.

I am sure connecticut steel appreciates you proving his point, albeit unintentionally.

K Train
03-19-2013, 09:54 AM
harrison is gaining little attention on the market, hopefully he can be brought back and we can draft his replacement in the first or second round still

jpele
03-19-2013, 10:47 AM
harrison is gaining little attention on the market, hopefully he can be brought back and we can draft his replacement in the first or second round still

I hate to break your heart but they already have Harrison's replacement. Jason Worilds,I think he's better suited for ROLB but don't be surprised if he plays well for us.

K Train
03-19-2013, 10:53 AM
well i hate to break it to you but jason worilds is absolutely horrible

NeilPatrickBanana
03-19-2013, 10:54 AM
I hate to break your heart but they already have Harrison's replacement. Jason Worilds,I think he's better suited for ROLB but don't be surprised if he plays well for us.

I'd also like to see him on the right side, and Woodley on the left

For 50 million, Woodley should be rushing LTs anyways... lol

NeilPatrickBanana
03-19-2013, 11:00 AM
well i hate to break it to you but jason worilds is absolutely horrible

I thought those first 5 games of the year were a very good indicator that he's taken the necessary steps in development to be ready to start

K Train
03-19-2013, 11:09 AM
I thought those first 5 games of the year were a very good indicator that he's taken the necessary steps in development to be ready to start
hes a straight line runner, ive only ever seen him do anything when hes unblocked running as fast as he can, then he still misses.

Ive used the clark haggans comparison for him for years, since he was at VT...he is a guy that seems to almost get there all the time but nearly never closes. And its not like hes even disrupting things, hes just never very effective. I like Adrian Robinson better as an OLB personally, but i think pass rusher is easily the #2 priority because they cannot be comfortable with worilds, robinson, and carter

Real Deal Steel
03-19-2013, 11:23 AM
Here's a little something for you guys to feed on:

Coach Mike Tomlin expressed confidence in Jason Worilds as his starting right outside linebacker this season.
With James Harrison gone and no signs of a free agent signing, the job is Worilds' for now. The 2010 second-round pick has posted just 10 sacks in 42 career games, but did set a career-high of five last year when Harrison missed three games. There's some IDP sleeper appeal here if Worilds holds on to the job through the offseason.

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

K Train
03-19-2013, 11:33 AM
great, a fantasy football article lol

LatrobePA
03-19-2013, 11:55 AM
I'm not sold or unsold on JW, I just wonder if a whole offseason as a starter will whoop his *** in shape??

NeilPatrickBanana
03-19-2013, 12:27 PM
I'm not sold or unsold on JW, I just wonder if a whole offseason as a starter will whoop his *** in shape??

Same here...

There is a tendancy to write off young players before they get their shot...
But yet fresh draft picks will solve all our problems...

it's odd...

NeilPatrickBanana
03-19-2013, 12:27 PM

Same here...

There is a tendancy to write off young players before they get their shot...
But yet fresh draft picks will solve all our problems...

it's odd...

K Train
03-19-2013, 12:36 PM
i just didnt like him coming out of school

but i loved thaddeus gibson, so what do i know

NeilPatrickBanana
03-19-2013, 12:45 PM

I loved Cliff Avrill in his draft year.... and we took Bruce Davis a few picks before him.... ARG!!!!

LatrobePA
03-19-2013, 12:46 PM

I loved Gibson too, still po'd it didn't work out!

K Train
03-19-2013, 12:51 PM
I loved Cliff Avrill in his draft year.... and we took Bruce Davis a few picks before him.... ARG!!!!

i couldnt believe avril fell that far, had him rated about the same i had anthony spencer in 07. I loathed the bruce davis pick

steelers4life66
03-19-2013, 11:13 PM
Harrison could end up with his foot in his mouth and a dent in his wallet.

Teams staying away from free agent James Harrison?

Since James Harrison was released by the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) upon refusing to accept a pay cut, he publicly has flirted with at least a half-dozen teams featuring a 3-4 defensive scheme. His agent insisted recently that six teams are interested (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150945/article/james-harrison-still-on-baltimore-ravens-radar) in the veteran linebacker.
So why hasn't Harrison signed -- or at least made team visits?
It appears that he and his agent have overestimated his value significantly.

With NFL executives congregating in Phoenix over the weekend, SI.com's Peter King finds that Harrison is "the coldest name of them all (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130318/jake-long-nfc-west-nfl-free-agency-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/?mobile=no)" at the NFL Annual Meeting.
Unable to find a single person willing to admit an interest in Harrison, King believes the 34-year-old will have to settle for less than half of the $6.57 million he was scheduled to earn with the Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT).
Frankly, King's report isn't the least bit surprising. While Harrison remains stout against the run, it was obvious that he had lost a few steps as a pass rusher last season. No team with a 3-4 defense is going to spend big money for a declining, injury-prone edge rusher no longer pressuring quarterbacks on a consistent basis.
It will be interesting to see if Harrison's market is cold enough that he would consider returning to the Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) on a contract worth less than the reduced rate he rejected just over a week ago (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000149114/article/james-harrison-released-by-pittsburgh-steelers).

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/d9Z3b?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=pittsburgh-steelers

LatrobePA
03-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Harrison isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, I'd love to have him back at a min but I have a feeling he wouldn't come back.

USMC607
03-20-2013, 12:00 AM
He must be really confused as to why no one wants him... shoulda taken the paycut homie

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

jpele
03-20-2013, 09:00 AM
hes a straight line runner, ive only ever seen him do anything when hes unblocked running as fast as he can, then he still misses.

Ive used the clark haggans comparison for him for years, since he was at VT...he is a guy that seems to almost get there all the time but nearly never closes. And its not like hes even disrupting things, hes just never very effective. I like Adrian Robinson better as an OLB personally, but i think pass rusher is easily the #2 priority because they cannot be comfortable with worilds, robinson, and carter

I see your point: Worlids only had 5 sacks in limited play compared to Harrisons 6 as a 13 game starter. We'll see what this year brings.

Big T
03-20-2013, 01:34 PM
I see your point: Worlids only had 5 sacks in limited play compared to Harrisons 6 as a 13 game starter. We'll see what this year brings.

First of all, Harrison was banged up all year. Secondly, I guarantee that at the very least, 3/5 were unblocked, "run in a straight line" sacks. I know for a fact that he had those against Denver, Philly, and Tennessee, I just don't recall the other two.

I couldn't find the other ones but here's the one against Denver:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9xl8JdX2ur4

coldrolled
03-20-2013, 02:23 PM
So the point is Harrison would have hit 27 first instead of going around him for a clean shot?????

Big T
03-20-2013, 03:49 PM
So the point is Harrison would have hit 27 first instead of going around him for a clean shot?????

Is that that new thing called sarcasm? The point is that all these people are talking about Worilds getting "5 sacks in limited playing time" when the sacks were "run in a straight line" sacks. Worilds has never had a problem running in a straight line, put a tackle in front of him though and it's over before it started. Worilds has a great jump off the snap, but then he has no idea what to do.

LatrobePA
03-20-2013, 03:52 PM
JW over pursues too much, some coaching and patients might just tune him up... I'm not ready to call him a dud!

JensK
03-20-2013, 08:41 PM
Is that that new thing called sarcasm? The point is that all these people are talking about Worilds getting "5 sacks in limited playing time" when the sacks were "run in a straight line" sacks. Worilds has never had a problem running in a straight line, put a tackle in front of him though and it's over before it started. Worilds has a great jump off the snap, but then he has no idea what to do.

This might be a matter of semantics, but I slightly disagree. To me, Worilds has been very good at beating tackles 1on1. It might be that its his speed which surprise them. That does not really matter though, as there are no style points getting past a fat man! My issue with him is what he do after he gets in the backfield. He seem to lose track of the QB, and when he finally finds his way there he is terrible at wrapping up.