PDA

View Full Version : cameron heyward = waste of a pick

scudmissile29
03-10-2013, 04:32 PM
self explanatory.

**** dick lebeau and his ****** love for ohio state products

ChucktownSteeler
03-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Easy on Ohio State there buddy. The jury is still out on Heyward, unlike Ziggy Hood. Bustola.

Farrior Fan
03-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Heyward has barely gotten a chance. I can think of a bunch of guys that 2-3 years in that didn't look all that good....turned out to be great.

aaronsmith91
03-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Under the new CBA coaches and players get to practice fewer times in pads so it will be harder to develop interior lineman. But I will admit I was expecting more last year. If he does not win a starting job by the end of the year then I will be more inclined to consider him a bust.

JollyRob68
03-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Remember that Johnny Mitchell strips them down & builds them up his way. Meaning they aren't playing the way they did in college. They're playing Mitchells way so any bust factor is theirs not the player.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-10-2013, 07:13 PM
self explanatory.

**** dick lebeau and his ****** love for ohio state products

I disagree since Heyward hasn't gotten much of chance yet.......He has 0 career starts........How about the coaches allow him to start so we can see what we have in Cameron Heyward?.......

coldrolled
03-10-2013, 07:33 PM
I disagree since Heyward hasn't gotten much of chance yet.......He has 0 career starts........How about the coaches allow him to start so we can see what we have in Cameron Heyward?.......

Bust??? the only busts are getting paid millions and stand on the sidelines and then barely produce... Woodley, Troy, Harrison, Colon.. Thats the real bust...

LatrobePA
03-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Bust??? the only busts are getting paid millions and stand on the sidelines and then barely produce... Woodley, Troy, Harrison, Colon.. Thats the real bust...

I love it, throw the fn head coach in there too!

ChucktownSteeler
03-10-2013, 07:57 PM
Heyward missed some time due to a late graduating class at OSU. Give him a little time. Sounds like the old echos of "Bustomola" a few years back.

I, agree, however, Tomlin is a bust.

Big T
03-10-2013, 08:15 PM
Cameron Heyward is literally the only defensive player on the roster from Ohio State that we drafted. The only other defensive players on the roster are Will Allen and Brian Rolle who were signed as a FAs (Rolle only recently). Even further, Mike Adams is the only offensive player we have on our roster from Ohio State.

Since LeBeau has been a Steelers coach (including his time as their secondary coach From 92-95, defensive coordinator from 95-97, and defensive coordinator from 04-present), the Steelers have drafted 3 defensive players from Ohio State.... Total. 2 of those were in the 2010 draft (Thaddeus Gibson (4th rd) and Doug Worthinton (7th round)) and one was in 2011 (Cameron Heyward).

So in 14 years LeBeau has served as a Steelers defensive coach, they have drafted 3 Ohio State players on the defensive side of the ball. None of which were drafted before 2010, and none since 2011. Gotta love when people make ridiculous, uneducated statements with no facts whatsoever to back them up.

"He went to Ohio State so he loves Ohio State products" - Flame

Black@Gold Forever32
03-10-2013, 08:45 PM

I didn't call Heyward a bust.............

Real Deal Steel
03-10-2013, 09:13 PM
It is way too early to take that stance on Heyward. That is just frustration talking. But Heyward needs to get some starts this year. No excuses Lebeau. Get the younger guys involved.

LatrobePA
03-10-2013, 09:39 PM
Cam needs to play, Tomlin has got to stop being a pussy and allow young defenders some time.

Clevelandsux
03-10-2013, 10:37 PM
the verdict on woirlds, heyward and hood are still out. these guys havent been given much of a chance.

Crowned
03-10-2013, 10:55 PM
Waste? He's better than Ziggy Hood.

LatrobePA
03-10-2013, 11:11 PM

Not saying much!

Big T
03-11-2013, 12:22 AM
the verdict on woirlds, heyward and hood are still out. these guys havent been given much of a chance.

Heyward hasn't been given a chance at all. Worilds has had opportunities due to injuries and didn't capitalize. Hood on the other hand was been handed a starting job in which he clearly showed to be incompetent at and has failed on nearly every occasion. Hood has been here 4 seasons, starting many games and has proven himself to be useless. There's a reason teams had success running to the left side of our line. Does anyone remember the Bengals drive during the first matchup last season in which every play was run directly at Hood? They ran righ at him the entire drive, which ended up in a TD, and he was blown off the ball every time. Saying that Hood hasn't been given a chance is pathetically hilarious.

Heyward has proven on every opportunity he was given, though extremely infrequent, to be a superior player to Hood. But apparently since he was only a second year guy they weren't going to be smart about it and start him over Hood. Believe it or not, that simple swap would do the D wonders.

I'm a Mike Tomlin fan. I don't agree with a lot of the bashing he gets around here (but I'm not trying to hijack the thread lol), but if there's one thing that pisses me off about him is that he won't get his head out of his *** when it comes to this whole Hood/Heyward situation. Heyward should be starting over Hood without a shred of a doubt. Hopefully there will be a legitimate open competition for the left side between them in training camp.

I know that given the opportunity Heyward will shine.

TarlsQtr
03-11-2013, 12:32 AM
Yikes. Although all coaches give input, the thought that LeBeau "drafted" Heyward is ridiculous. Depending on the player, you can go through these threads and find out that Rooney is responsible for drafting. Colbert is responsible. Tomlin is responsible. Haley is responsible. Lebeau is responsible. Hell, even Kiya Winston (Tomlin's wife) is probably responsible, depending on who people want to blame on a given day.

As far as Heyward, he is given "chances" every training camp and practice. If he were blowing up the OL during these times like the stud everyone thinks he is, he would be playing.

K Train
03-11-2013, 10:18 AM
just a retarded thread

Crowned
03-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Not saying much!

True.

Nolrog
03-11-2013, 01:10 PM

Then why doesn't he play over Hood?

Nolrog
03-11-2013, 01:16 PM

Hood has been the starter. Worlids is coming to the end of his rookie contract and Cam is going into his 3rd year. The fact that thhe jury is out on these guys speaks volumes (though, Hood is the starter, we know by now.)

K Train
03-11-2013, 01:22 PM
heyward should play over hood...hes a much better player when it comes to stacking and shedding blockers. Hood just gets wiped out.

I look forward to seeing heyward play, its time they give him much more playing time

worilds is the second worst player on the defense now that harrison was cut, next to hood

LASVEGASGUY
03-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Tomlin is a bust.

Yes, Yes and hell Yes. Anyone who thought this team wasn't gonna go to **** once Cowher's team aged should have their head examined. Tomlin will do nothing to pull this team out of the weeds. I fully expect this team to have 3 straight 8-8 or worse seasons before we fire Tomlin and offer 5 million a year to Cowher to come back and fix what this ******* destroyed.