PDA

View Full Version : NFL | Giants, Dolphins will play in London

Captcoolhand
02-02-2007, 07:19 AM
The Miami Dolphins will host the New York Giants in a regular-season game in London later this year, the Associated Press reported yesterday.
The Dolphins and Giants will play in September or October, and the game will be scheduled around a bye week for both teams. The schedule will not be released until early spring.
The game will be held at either the new 90,000-seat Wembley Stadium, scheduled to open in the spring, or 82,000-seat Twickenham, home of English rugby.
The Dolphins were one of six teams willing to move a home game and were chosen over San Francisco, Seattle, Buffalo, Kansas City and New Orleans.
It will be the second regular-season game played abroad. In October 2005, the Arizona Cardinals played the San Francisco 49ers at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City. The game drew a crowd of 103,467.
You would have to schedule Bye weeks for these guys. How in the hell would they be ready for the following week.

House of Steel
02-02-2007, 09:55 AM
I bet the fans of the Giants and Dolphins aren't too pleased about this move. That just crazy. These teams are going to be so tired from all the hassel of traveling abroad and trying to get ready in a short period of times. NUTS!!!

AZ_Steeler
02-02-2007, 10:02 AM
I'm not really sure of their reasoning for taking a game over there, unless the NFL Europe league is going downhill and they want to try and restore it :dunno: I'm not really for or against this mainly because it's not the Steelers going :D

Captcoolhand
02-02-2007, 10:03 AM
It's like I said before, Unless you schedule a Bye week after these overseas games, The players will have to start practicing on the flight back for their next game. to to mention Jet Lag:lol: :lol:

Captcoolhand
02-02-2007, 10:07 AM
I'm not really sure of their reasoning for taking a game over there, unless the NFL Europe league is going downhill and they want to try and restore it :dunno: I'm not really for or against this mainly because it's not the Steelers going :D
Not yet but there's always next year:yesnod: Cards & Steelers goes to Europe:eek: You pick home field

AZ_Steeler
Sounds like the game will be scheduled around a bye week...

The Dolphins and Giants will play in September or October, and the game will be scheduled around a bye week for both teams. The schedule will not be released until early spring.

House of Steel
I agree with a pre-season game being overseas but a regular season game? I can't believe this.