PDA

View Full Version : Rolando McClain

JollyRob68
03-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Rolando McClain is rumored to be released on or after March 12th. Would you take a chance on this troubled Buck LB? I think Mike Tomlin would take a chance on him and I think he could turn this kid around.
Before the draft Mike Tomlin loved this kid and said " You can be my Mike Backer for me anytime". Well That time is NOW! I'd Love for the Steelers to trade a 7th rounder for him but get permission to talk to him about a new team friendly contract. Instead of him being cut and someone putting in a claim on him.

All of this also depends on his legal situations. If they're all cleared up I think a long fatherly talk from Mike Tomlin is just what Rolando McClain needs.

What do all of you think?

coldrolled
03-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Rolando McClain is rumored to be released on or after March 12th. Would you take a chance on this troubled Buck LB? I think Mike Tomlin would take a chance on him and I think he could turn this kid around.
Before the draft Mike Tomlin loved this kid and said " You can be my Mike Backer for me anytime". Well That time is NOW! I'd Love for the Steelers to trade a 7th rounder for him but get permission to talk to him about a new team friendly contract. Instead of him being cut and someone putting in a claim on him.

All of this also depends on his legal situations. If they're all cleared up I think a long fatherly talk from Mike Tomlin is just what Rolando McClain needs.

What do all of you think?

McClain - Maualuga ?????

Who would cost more?

Mike Tomlin
03-07-2013, 04:05 PM
I think he's worth the look, I think he'd do very well in our defense.

LatrobePA
03-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Not slamming anyone but its funny every year we all see the players cut and discuss how they'd fit into the steelers team and every year the team passes over hundreds with out signing anyone worth a ****. I hate it!!

JollyRob68
03-07-2013, 04:55 PM
I think with McClain he may want to play for Tomlin and thats where we'd get him at a team friendly deal.
Maualuga I think would be very good in our Defense but can he lead the defense? I'd love to see Erin Henderson,Larry Grant, Rey Maualuga & Rolando McClain get brought in for a meeting. Maybe two of them. Erin Henderson could play Inside or out and Maybe Larry Grant can play both.

I think Maualuga might cost more but I hoping both want to play for a winner and try to become a Pittsburgh Legend.

JollyRob68
03-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Not slamming anyone but its funny every year we all see the players cut and discuss how they'd fit into the steelers team and every year the team passes over hundreds with out signing anyone worth a ****. I hate it!!

TRue but it is the off season. Plus they did sign James Farrior and the time is now to find his replacement.

JollyRob68
03-07-2013, 04:58 PM
I think he's worth the look, I think he'd do very well in our defense.

At the right price it wont hurt.

coldrolled
03-07-2013, 05:11 PM

Its the only fun we can have now... We are so soft in many spots you have to figure this year we grab one or two like these.

But we wont... Colbert needs to wake up this year. were running out of ammo and the Bengals and Browns have been stockpiling for 4 years in a large way.
Well minus Weeden...

LatrobePA
03-07-2013, 05:24 PM
TRue but it is the off season. Plus they did sign James Farrior and the time is now to find his replacement.

I know, and honestly I do it too and was really hoping they'd make a splash this year..

Zachintosh66
03-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Headcase... No thx

connecticutsteel
03-07-2013, 07:41 PM
malauga is garbage i wouldn't pay him league minimum and mclain is a felon forget it move timmons to olb and draft a ilb or give Bart scott the league mininimum for one year

Nolrog
03-07-2013, 09:18 PM
We can't even keep our own guys. We're not going to go out and sign someone elses.

JollyRob68
03-08-2013, 10:57 AM
We can't even keep our own guys. We're not going to go out and sign someone elses.

They can if they follow what they use to do. CUt aging Vets and Sign younger Vets plus their own.
They can fix many of their problems by 1. Cut Harrison, 2. Ask Troy for a paycut and Guarantee his money. 3. Kiesel Paycut,4. Clark Paycut. 5 Willie Colon post June Cut money helps sign draft picks. Ask Ike for a Paycut of half his salary for two years and Guarantee it. Both Ike & Troy retire in 2 seasons and keeping them at the reduced salary is worth the risk.

Sign Lewis

JollyRob68
03-08-2013, 11:05 AM
malauga is garbage i wouldn't pay him league minimum and mclain is a felon forget it move timmons to olb and draft a ilb or give Bart scott the league mininimum for one year

But you want Bart Scott?? Come on man.
Malauga is playing in the wrong type of Defense and getting him to bag in the middle might work.
McClain's charges were dismissed. I agree he's doing some stupid ISH but can Tomlin reach this kid? Is this young man in need of a father figure to set him on the right path? Could Tomlin & LeBeau teach him how to be a Professional MAN? It's worth a shot because we haven't found a replacement for Farrior yet.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-08-2013, 11:07 AM

why would anyone suggest moving Timmons outside... that's downright stupid

K Train
03-08-2013, 03:24 PM
hes too thug to be brought in. backwood alabama thug but thug nonetheless

K Train
03-08-2013, 03:25 PM
maualuga would be a stud in a 34

LatrobePA
03-08-2013, 03:27 PM
maualuga would be a stud in a 34

We passed him in the draft right?

He was one I wanted!

K Train
03-08-2013, 03:28 PM
We passed him in the draft right?
yeah....for hood

LatrobePA
03-08-2013, 03:31 PM
yeah....for hood

Oh my! Now I remember!

coldrolled
03-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Oh my! Now I remember!

Well here is our chance.. i think Maualuga would work for now.

So the big question would be Teo, Ogletree, Minter or Maualuga??

Fix a hole.. Move on.. Draft JJones or Eifert

LatrobePA
03-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Well here is our chance.. i think Maualuga would work for now.

So the big question would be Teo, Ogletree, Minter or Maualuga??

Fix a hole.. Move on.. Draft JJones or Eifert

I agree 100%!

Zachintosh66
03-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Ogleetree is a joke, no thx... Immature and a punk

Jones could play ilb or olb...

Maulauga is a headcase and he will not come here.

Other than that its Teo and Minter. Teo prolly has the most upside, but some would say risk. Minter is prolly the safer choice.

LatrobePA
03-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Te'o isn't a head case? Lol the dude was in love with his imaginary GF! Not saying he won't be awesome here just saying watch who you're calling a head case... This team needs a player with a chip! Te'o could be that player as well as Rey..

Real Deal Steel
03-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Teo likes girls with Adam's Apples. No thanks.