PDA

View Full Version : Willie Gay Cut

Zachintosh66
03-01-2013, 01:46 PM
Finally, wish we coulda had the satisfaction of cutting him tho!

If you reply that you want this "great blitzing CB" (with a whopping 4 sacks in 6 years) to come back to the 'burgh, im going to kick my dog...

K Train
03-01-2013, 01:57 PM
i was always a fan....except when he was asked to cover gronk or TO.

that being said he is a great NB or FS (great tackler too) but he struggles on the outside.

Hopefully Curtis Brown can be our NB though

scudmissile29
03-01-2013, 02:02 PM
he was a great nickle corner.

cmerrifield
03-01-2013, 02:04 PM
I bet if they can't resign Lewis, Gay gets signed as insurance.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

cmerrifield
03-01-2013, 02:12 PM
Finally, wish we coulda had the satisfaction of cutting him tho!

If you reply that you want this "great blitzing CB" (with a whopping 4 sacks in 6 years) to come back to the 'burgh, im going to kick my dog...

He had similar int and ff stats as all our cb's just for the record.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

Black@Gold Forever32
03-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Willie Gay was a former 5th round pick and really didn't understand all the hate he received........Gay wasn't a waste like some of the Steelers late round picks........

BubbyBlister
03-01-2013, 02:27 PM
I do miss him rushing the qb. He was damn good at that.

BubbyBlister
03-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Willie Gay was a former 5th round pick and really didn't understand all the hate he received........Gay wasn't a waste like some of the Steelers late round picks........ I think it was his cocky attitude that people remember. Being that cocky you better be very good and he wasn't.

LatrobePA
03-01-2013, 02:48 PM
I miss his pretty smile!

Steeldude
03-01-2013, 03:37 PM
For the price Gay was a better than an average nickel CB for the Steelers. He was better than McFadden and cheaper

weakdraft
03-01-2013, 04:15 PM
I'd like to see Willie G back in da burg.

Zachintosh66
03-01-2013, 04:16 PM
I bet if they can't resign Lewis, Gay gets signed as insurance.

were supposed to be losing dead weight... we got enough medicore talent...

i was always a fan....except when he was asked to cover gronk or TO.

Correction... i was always a fan....except when he was asked to cover ANYONE.

weakdraft
03-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Guys that play tight coverage tend to make the QB a more accurate thrower because the target becomes bigger with a WR and DB in the picture, and often results in better throws.
Gay used to play real tight coverage, and QB's made better throws on him. A QB's focus on the throw is greater when he is throwing into tight coverage. Wide open recievers are hard to hit.

jdehoff83
03-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Guys that play tight coverage tend to make the QB a more accurate thrower because the target becomes bigger with a WR and DB in the picture, and often results in better throws.
Gay used to play real tight coverage, and QB's made better throws on him. A QB's focus on the throw is greater when he is throwing into tight coverage. Wide open recievers are hard to hit.
Good thing zac isnt kicking dogs over your replies or the poor thing would be dead by now

Goodfrom55
03-01-2013, 06:31 PM
Not unless absolutely necessary. He was serviceable at best.

ChucktownSteeler
03-01-2013, 08:57 PM
No way, do not bring him back.

weakdraft
03-01-2013, 11:40 PM
Good thing zac isnt kicking dogs over your replies or the poor thing would be dead by now

Every corner knows that its best to give a little seperation to make the QB feel like he doesn't have to make a perfect throw, then you close on the ball while its in the air. You bait the QB into throwing your way.
Tight coverage can get you back shouldered, or the QB puts it the only place a WR can get it.
The great CB's bait the QB and make plays on the ball. The more open a Wr is, the worse the QB throws the ball. You can make a play on poorly thrown balls.

polamalu43
03-02-2013, 12:45 AM
Does anyone remember McFadden coming back. How did that work out. I, for one, could not understand how they put him on the field.

weakdraft
03-02-2013, 02:18 AM
QB's "throw scared" to wide open WR's. They don't wanna muck it up.

86WARD
03-02-2013, 08:09 AM
Taylor, Lewis, Allen, Gay, Brown isn't a bad line up...

JollyRob68
03-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Signing him would put some pressure on Lewis to sign and Curtis Brown to step up. HE can always be an backup option at FS. Everyone jumps on him but fails to remember his INT sealed games for us. HE was released because he hit his contract escalators(meaning he played well). SIgn him before Cleveland does because you can always use more DB's.

Signing him doesn't change anything in the draft. They'd still draft Vaccarro,Rontez Miles,Banks,Rhodes,Elam or any other DB they want.

polamalu43
03-05-2013, 12:46 AM
I read this earlier.....makes sense. Taylor, C Allen, Gay as Nickel.....then draft another corner to replace Ike in the next year or 2. Way cheaper than paying through the nose for Lewis.

I sure hate losing everyone but until we lose the Roethlisberger, Harrison, Polamalu, Woodley burden we are handcuffed

scudmissile29
03-05-2013, 05:04 PM
lol at zach.

fail thread

BstripeYpaint
03-06-2013, 05:29 PM
I do miss him rushing the qb. He was damn good at that.

And he's very good on special teams.... and durable too.

Zachintosh66
03-07-2013, 01:01 PM
I read this earlier.....makes sense. Taylor, C Allen, Gay as Nickel.....then draft another corner to replace Ike in the next year or 2. Way cheaper than paying through the nose for Lewis.

I sure hate losing everyone but until we lose the Roethlisberger, Harrison, Polamalu, Woodley burden we are handcuffed

Huge mistake letting go of Lewis... Remember I said this...

Real Deal Steel
03-07-2013, 02:57 PM
I agree. Yet..they keep Willie (I'm smoked out) Colon???

Remember you guys, when your going around blaming this coach and that coach, remember the bums that were forced on them by Colbert.

coldrolled
03-07-2013, 05:25 PM
I would think theres a lot of smoke blowing out there right now.. 5 days to go to see what is really going to happen..

well in the league anyway, we wont do anything on the 12th as normal, except lose players.