PDA

View Full Version : Who would you pound your fists for in the war room?

K Train
02-27-2013, 01:44 PM
Who is the guy that you just would make your voice heard in the war room? We've gotten a couple of my guys over the last few years, not just in the first round but later on as they slide. Guys like Thad Gibson and Dan Sepulveda were my dudes that year, neither were glorious players but had potential off the charts. Guys int he first round i clamored for were Pouncey and Roethlisberger. Mike Adams was another guy last year.

This year its Marcus Lattimore. I dont care if he cant play this year, in fact id prefer him not playing....next year you enter the season with a new first round pick and one that youve had on the shelf returning to his beastly self.

Its like any investment, you gotta play it smart to get your return....and that return doesnt have to be immediate. The dude is an amazing talent.

Also, jarvis jones too :-)

apparently im a sucker for medical issues this year

Few other names if they start to slide:

Jordan Reed
Ryan Swope
Brandon Jenkins

weakdraft
02-27-2013, 02:15 PM
You lost cedibility when you said you clamored for Pouncey. Talk about over-rated, sheesh.

Jarvis Jones looks like a very real talent as far as I can see. But, this year I'd pound the table for Mathieu.
The only guys who impressed me at the bines were Wheaton and Austin. I liked Okafor's potential because he looks like he is deft at using his hands to keep his vision and shed blocks. These guys that take their eyes off the ball and get their helmet in a tackles chest are pathetic. 250 lb. LB's who think they can bull rush a 300 lb. Ollie only make themselves tired and frustrated.

K Train
02-27-2013, 02:19 PM
Pouncey is a top 5 center and is unreal at the second level. Hes probably a better guard, but center is harder to play so thats not surprising

and even if he is a little overrated by some, which he is...lost credibility? **** you, he was a badass prospect and the steelers had justin hartwig who still leads the league in sacks given up for a center over the last 5 years and he hasnt played in 2

JensK
02-27-2013, 02:24 PM
it depends if it has to be realistic! Jarvis Jones would be a dream come true, but even though there are questions swirling around him (both in terms of work ethic and health), I see him going in the top 10. Truthfully, I'll be happy with either Mingo, Jordan and Jones, though the two latter ones are much better fit for our system imo.

Matt Elam was one of my early second round guys who I really wanted them to pick, but I am one of those who got scared a little by his measurements. He'll have a hard time covering guys like A.J Green and the like (most have, I know).

I guy a like a lot is Armonty Bryant. Small school project who made some stupid mistakes, but the guy can get in the backfield and wreck havok.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-27-2013, 03:09 PM
You lost cedibility when you said you clamored for Pouncey. Talk about over-rated, sheesh.

Jarvis Jones looks like a very real talent as far as I can see. But, this year I'd pound the table for Mathieu.
The only guys who impressed me at the bines were Wheaton and Austin. I liked Okafor's potential because he looks like he is deft at using his hands to keep his vision and shed blocks. These guys that take their eyes off the ball and get their helmet in a tackles chest are pathetic. 250 lb. LB's who think they can bull rush a 300 lb. Ollie only make themselves tired and frustrated.

With the garbage you post on this site you have the nerve to say somebody like Ktrain has lost credibility........

NeilPatrickBanana
02-27-2013, 03:42 PM
there are too many to go over in terms of 1st-2nd round guys... but I'll pound my fists for these "non typical" guys

Cornelius Washington 2nd-3rd
Brian Schwenke 3rd-4th
Jamar Taylor 3rd-4th

K Train
02-27-2013, 03:45 PM
Loving Schwenke the more i watch

Id prefer Margus Hunt ove Washington if im taking a dazzling athlete and trying to turn him into a football player

msullivan
02-27-2013, 05:31 PM
I agree with u on Hunt. I like Jones,Warford,Patton,Swearinger,Ellington as first five

NeilPatrickBanana
02-27-2013, 06:08 PM
Loving Schwenke the more i watch

Id prefer Margus Hunt ove Washington if im taking a dazzling athlete and trying to turn him into a football player

moving Pouncey to guard, with Schwenke at center... drool for zone schemes

and to me, the value is so much better than using a first on Warmack... I think Schwenke has all pro center potential, and Maurkice would be even better at guard.... getting that at the cost of a 3rd is much better than using another 1st on Wwarmack.

Schwenke is Nick Mangold lite

scudmissile29
02-27-2013, 07:27 PM
lost credibility? **** you, he was a badass prospect and the steelers had justin hartwig who still leads the league in sacks given up for a center over the last 5 years and he hasnt played in 2

LOL!

Everyone knows who I'm clamouring for, it's about time Mendenhall ****ed off and crawled back to Chicago.

USMC607
02-27-2013, 09:32 PM
Agreed... Along with his tap dancing shoes

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Big T
02-27-2013, 10:03 PM
Where do I start? 2008 it was Mendenhall and when Limas Sweed fell to us I could not have been happier with those picks. 2009 was Percy Harvin. 2010 was full of favorites for me. Earl Thomas was the big one, Pouncey, CJ Spiller, Brandon Spikes, Aaron Hernandez (no gator bias from me at all lol). 2011 was DeMarco Murray. Man i wanted him in the 3rd. Last year was Dont'a Hightower and Chris Rainey.

This year I have a a few again like 2010. Jarvis Jones is at the top of my list. Te'o, Elam, Lattimore, Mathieu are my guys this year.

K Train
02-27-2013, 10:18 PM
oh man earl and sweed.....jesus.

When we got pouncey i was conceding earl wasnt gonna be there. I KNEW we were taking sweed when the jags traded up to take groves.

I wanted Michael Oher so ****ing bad too...i was damn near in tears as he fell...would have taken him #1 this year, how buffalo took maybin over oher and orakpo ill never understand. Oher was better than Smith, Smith, and Monroe imo...and today i think that can pretty much stand....even though Eugene and Andre are pretty good players and Oher isnt a world beater like i thought he would be. One of the more over analyzed players ive ever seen, the dude could play. Killed me to see where he ended up

USMC607
02-28-2013, 12:04 AM
Where do I start? 2008 it was Mendenhall and when Limas Sweed fell to us I could not have been happier with those picks. 2009 was Percy Harvin. 2010 was full of favorites for me. Earl Thomas was the big one, Pouncey, CJ Spiller, Brandon Spikes, Aaron Hernandez (no gator bias from me at all lol). 2011 was DeMarco Murray. Man i wanted him in the 3rd. Last year was Dont'a Hightower and Chris Rainey.

This year I have a a few again like 2010. Jarvis Jones is at the top of my list. Te'o, Elam, Lattimore, Mathieu are my guys this year.

I know i remember being pumped with first 2 picks... sampsonite.... i was way off

JollyRob68
02-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Mike MAuti in the 5th. Colbert said they'd still take a risk then he's my risk. I need to watch Walter Stewart from Cincy. Mike Mayock was quoted as saying he'd be a top 10 pick if his medical checked out. Hs medical issue is a birth defect he's played with all his life. If he's as good as they say I'm pounding the table for him in the 4th if our medical team cleared him after he visits.

JollyRob68
02-28-2013, 04:42 PM
BAsed on some mocks after the combine some have the following people on the board.

Cooper
Austin
Vacarro
Eifert
Moore
Jones
After the combine I feel we need playmakers on Offense and based on what was whispered to Jim Wexell(No March Massacre of healthy starters) most Long in the tooth vets will be back. I feel in rounds 2-6 they can get a future Safety,LB,TE,RB.
RD 1 Cooper to complete the line or Austin as your playmaker who should excel in the new zone scheme & passing game. I'm thinking RAndle El with Willie Parker Speed.
If both are gone I want Eifert! Playmaker.

scudmissile29
02-28-2013, 05:49 PM
I like Ellington.

Him and Dwyer would be a good combo I feel

ChucktownSteeler
02-28-2013, 09:07 PM
Mingo

K Train
02-28-2013, 09:10 PM
im loving mingo...he would be an excellent fit in the steelers defense

BstripeYpaint
02-28-2013, 10:44 PM
Wow. This post triggers many thoughts. My position is that we gotta go LB early in the draft, but I would love to have Eddie Lacy and a healthy O-line that can give him holes. I don't think the Steelers will go power back in the first round, even though we need it.

In the face of so many needs, it's hard not to feel paralyzed. All I really have is faith in Colbert.

coldrolled
03-01-2013, 08:23 AM
BAsed on some mocks after the combine some have the following people on the board.

Cooper
Austin
Vacarro
Eifert
Moore
Jones
After the combine I feel we need playmakers on Offense and based on what was whispered to Jim Wexell(No March Massacre of healthy starters) most Long in the tooth vets will be back. I feel in rounds 2-6 they can get a future Safety,LB,TE,RB.
RD 1 Cooper to complete the line or Austin as your playmaker who should excel in the new zone scheme & passing game. I'm thinking RAndle El with Willie Parker Speed.
If both are gone I want Eifert! Playmaker.

Eifert.... Miller is down for a month or two, when he gets back we have a TE tandem... Ben would have fun.

LB in RD 2

Schwenke or Barrett Jones in the 3rd.

Ellington in the 4th

Whatever you need the rest of the picks.

JollyRob68
03-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Eifert.... Miller is down for a month or two, when he gets back we have a TE tandem... Ben would have fun.

LB in RD 2

Schwenke or Barrett Jones in the 3rd.

Ellington in the 4th

Whatever you need the rest of the picks.

SO true

Real Deal Steel
03-14-2013, 11:06 AM
Justin Hunter..

After looking at this guy, seeing how he's worked very hard to come back from an ACL to running a 4.44 at the combine. The kid has the size we need, can beat the jam because of his size, and has some mitts for sure. I just think he's what our WR corps is missing. And having Plaxico there to look at is a plus for him too.

Black@Gold Forever32
03-14-2013, 03:05 PM
Justin Hunter..

After looking at this guy, seeing how he's worked very hard to come back from an ACL to running a 4.44 at the combine. The kid has the size we need, can beat the jam because of his size, and has some mitts for sure. I just think he's what our WR corps is missing. And having Plaxico there to look at is a plus for him too.

I agree.......Ben needs weapons period......

Big T
03-14-2013, 07:04 PM
I've been a fan of Cordarrelle Patterson for a while now and the more I think about it the more I want him on this team. His potential is through the roof. Right now, my 2 dream picks in the 1st are Jarvis Jones and Patterson.

Justin Hunter would be a nice consolation prize.

coldrolled
03-14-2013, 07:10 PM
I've been a fan of Cordarrelle Patterson for a while now and the more I think about it the more I want him on this team. His potential is through the roof. Right now, my 2 dream picks in the 1st are Jarvis Jones and Patterson.

Justin Hunter would be a nice consolation prize.

Jarvis Jones, Eifert, Patterson.. they will be starters... Happy with any of them...

SteelCityKid5
03-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Mauti later round

MillerTime83
03-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Tyrann Mathieu how can you not root for a kid who wants to turn it around. Plus his nick name is the Honey Badger! *POUND*

cbrunn
03-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Hunter in the 1st
Amerson in the 2nd
Jordan Reed in the 3rd
another WR in the 3rd

Big T
03-18-2013, 02:31 AM
Tyrann Mathieu how can you not root for a kid who wants to turn it around. Plus his nick name is the Honey Badger! *POUND*

He's one of my favorite players in the draft. If he's there in the 3rd, I'd take him in a heart beat. I think someone might take a chance earlier though.

USMC607
03-18-2013, 04:15 AM
Mine is deff justin hunter. His work ethic is thru the roof. Like previously said the guy busted his *** to rehab his injury to run a 4.4... At 6'4" being able to run a 4.4 not even a yr removed from surgery is something

USMC607
03-18-2013, 04:21 AM
Lattimore, Mauti, Honey Badger,

I really like that DT b. Williams kid too looks like a hard worker. His lvl of competition is questionable tho

scudmissile29
03-18-2013, 06:41 AM
im starting to love justin hunter and cordarrelle patterson.

USMC607
03-18-2013, 08:37 AM
Agreed so i guess that means we get neither... They got bigger plans...

Leon Sandcastle, or Troy Edwards out of retirement

tburg68
03-18-2013, 11:18 AM
The Steelers need to draft impact offensive skill. Defensive draft picks don't see the field for a year or two at least anyway. Draft offensive play makers and out score your opponent.

coldrolled
03-18-2013, 01:41 PM
The Steelers need to draft impact offensive skill. Defensive draft picks don't see the field for a year or two at least anyway. Draft offensive play makers and out score your opponent.

Seems like the only way right now.

BstripeYpaint
03-18-2013, 11:42 PM
im starting to love justin hunter and cordarrelle patterson.

No way Flame. You want Lacy, we all know that. I may be way off, but the acquisition of Spaeth may be a sign that we will get a power back early.

K Train
03-19-2013, 12:54 AM
spaeth is hardly a lock to make the team

Thomas_43
03-19-2013, 01:24 AM
I would pound my fist for:

Jarvis Jones *No Brainer, wouldn't have to pound hard, if he's there, I am confident the FO will pull the trigger.*
Cordarelle Patterson - I love the ceiling on this kid, BUT, I don't think Colbert/Tomlin/Rooney's do, no inside info on that, just a hunch.

I'd also like to see Cooper or Warmack in a steelers uni. Our interior line would be pretty stout.

I am also big on Mingo...He just reminds me of a slightly poor man's Demarcus Ware....at least as far as measureables

K Train
03-19-2013, 09:41 AM
Patterson isnt a bad kid though, he just is a little dumb with 80% of all pro athletes.

Cooper, Warmack, Patterson, Jones, Mingo....my top 5 players pretty much lol, probably toss star in there too

cbrunn
03-19-2013, 08:23 PM
I would love to get Honey Badger , ... I really believe him in his interviews and believe he changed ... and I'm not usually a fan of drafting a guy of his size , but man this guy plays with a toughness and also just has a nack of making a play , weather it's in the return game or defense ... the defense needs a guy that can get the ball back ... I want either Mathineu or Amerson in the 2nd

K Train
03-19-2013, 09:00 PM
i like him, he really is a turnover producing machine and an excellent all around special teamer.

He was one of the best players in the NATION as a sophomore....all this workout stuff for him is easy, doing what he does in shorts. He does have some real concerns in his size, strength, and character though. I like him best as a NB or little tiny FS. Not sure hed find a home here though, but i wouldnt complain. Id still prefer Elam as that NB/FS hybrid

Amerson is my guy though....he was almost a top 5 LOCK after his amazing 2011....but damn hes got everything you look for in a CB->safety conversion.

Excellent size, speed, range, hitting ability, and off the chart ball skills. I do think he could play corner in our defense, just like i thought aaron williams, malcolm jenkins, and most conversion guys could. But he really does play very well with the ball in front of him

Britishsteeler
03-23-2013, 06:25 AM
The two guys in the first I really want are star lotulelei and ziggy Ansah. These are two guys who will dominate at the next level. Ansah may take a little longer but he will be a beast.

Last year we lacked pressure and these guys will help with that. Ansah in particular can be lined up as an olb or at the 5-tech creating mismatches. In the nickel and dime Lebeau could have so much fun with this guy, I'd love to see him in a steelers uniform.

The other guy I like us Terrence Williams, he would add a different dimension to our passing attack and will be a better receiver than Wallace.