PDA

View Full Version : which RB would you take?

acero
02-27-2013, 10:12 AM
and at what round?

with the injuries of the prospects and our situation now im very confused, lattimore could drop he is a risk that i think could be worth

LatrobePA
02-27-2013, 10:40 AM
Steve Jax via FA....

coldrolled
02-27-2013, 11:01 AM
Get Cooper, Jones and/or Schwenke and solidify the Oline... Dwyers, W.Johnson and Redman will be fine...

Get the Big TE and a tall WR and our RB's are fine....

We really need two ILB's this year... We are too thin there.

JShare86
02-27-2013, 11:14 AM
I really only like 2 backs not sure if they will be there when we pick in the 2nd round. Lacy and Bernard I know Lacy will be gone by our 2nd pick I'm not sure about Bernard. I'd really like to trade back in the first and pick up Lacy. I just don't think using the 17th overall pick on Lacy will be justified when we have too many other needs in this team.

scudmissile29
02-27-2013, 11:29 AM
lacy.

i would trade back in the 1st and grab him. Then have 2 more additional 2nd's.

Big T
02-27-2013, 11:36 AM
Get Cooper, Jones and/or Schwenke and solidify the Oline... Dwyers, W.Johnson and Redman will be fine...

Get the Big TE and a tall WR and our RB's are fine....

We really need two ILB's this year... We are too thin there.
Dwyer, Johnson and Redman absolutely will not be fine in a zone blocking scheme. Not even a little. We need an instictive, one cut runner with at least a little bit of speed. Neither Dwyer or Redman possesses the skillset to succeed in a ZBS. If we go into another year with one of those two starting, just chalk it up to the team giving up on 2013. We need a starting RB. I dont care how they go about it: resign Mendenhall (though there's tension I think he'd be a relatively cheap resigning and he'd be perfect for a ZBS), draft one early (ie Eddy Lacy) or use free agency.

JShare86
02-27-2013, 11:57 AM
lacy.

Just trying to figure out where a safe place to trade back to would be. I'm thinking the teams that select at 21,22,24,26,28 (bengals,rams,colts,packers and broncos) all have a need for RB and could possibly take Lacy. So I guess that leaves us trading back only 3 spots with the bears as a safe option.

scudmissile29
02-27-2013, 12:02 PM
Just trying to figure out where a safe place to trade back to would be. I'm thinking the teams that select at 21,22,24,26,28 (bengals,rams,colts,packers and broncos) all have a need for RB and could possibly take Lacy. So I guess that leaves us trading back only 3 spots with the bears as a safe option.

Out of that list I don't think the Bengals would grab a running back, I think they will select Teo.

Colts will probably draft a defensive end.

However, I still think Lacy warrants a 17th overall pick.

JShare86
02-27-2013, 12:05 PM
Out of that list I don't think the Bengals would grab a running back, I think they will select Teo.

Colts will probably draft a defensive end.

However, I still think Lacy warrants a 17th overall pick.

I agree I think he deserves a top 15 overall pick its just the simple fact that its not our biggest need. Also it's looking like he could be had somewhere in the twenties. I'm interested to see where he goes. I'd love for him to be a Steeler we shall see.

K Train
02-27-2013, 12:13 PM
i think we can rule out FAs like jackson and turner.

I like Bernard a lot, I would be smitten by taking lattimore though.

scudmissile29
02-27-2013, 12:54 PM
i think we can rule out FAs like jackson and turner.

I like Bernard a lot, I would be smitten by taking lattimore though.

I don't think we should take Lattimore.

But I have said I wouldn't mind Lacy in round 1 and Lattimore in round 4/5 lol

Real Deal Steel
02-27-2013, 01:01 PM
I want to see the status on Deangelo Williams. That's the direction I'd like to go.

Big T
02-27-2013, 01:52 PM
I've always been a big DeAngelo Williams fan. I'd be all for that. He wasn't used correctly the last couple seasons. The man has shown the ability to carry the load. He'd be a very nice fit in our zone. I'm down for that for sure.

Goodfrom55
02-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Being snakebit by Mendenhall, I think the Steelers will be a little more careful with a RB in the 1st round. However, if Lacy is still there, he would be hard to pass up. An interesting pick would be the kid from Arkansas (6 foot 227 lbs) who ran a 4.37.
Whaoever it is, the Steelers need a take over the game back.

Not to revert to the ground and pound, but be able to run the ball effectively enough to completely open up the passing game.

K Train
02-27-2013, 02:44 PM
Knile Davis is felix jones at best, dude runs sooooo upright and is an injury problem already

scudmissile29
02-27-2013, 03:52 PM
i really do think lacy should be our first round pick.

and no for those that remember, I don't have a crush on him like I did with Earl... close but not so much lol

Real Deal Steel
02-27-2013, 03:59 PM
I think Chris Ivory is a restricted free agent.

Zachintosh66
02-27-2013, 04:16 PM

Yes, Ivory is restricted. Have we ever signed a RFA form another team? I cant think of any off hand. I dont expect it to start now.

We will still prolly cut 1-2 big names from our roster but it doesnt make sense to do it before june. They are gonna do everything they can to get under without cutting anyone yet.

Steelcityman73
02-27-2013, 04:43 PM
Knile Davis is a beast size, speed, and strength 6'2" 225-230

Goodfrom55
02-27-2013, 05:17 PM
Lacy is an inviting talent, but I stand by my thoughts that they should go Safety/OLB in the 1st 2 rounds or vice versa.

LatrobePA
02-27-2013, 05:28 PM
Lacy is an inviting talent, but I stand by my thoughts that they should go Safety/OLB in the 1st 2 rounds or vice versa.

I agree with you.

BlacknGoldHaze
02-27-2013, 07:03 PM
I wouldn't draft a RB in the first....even though Lacy would be tempting......I'd go with Jonathan Cooper at #17.

Mike Tomlin
02-27-2013, 07:41 PM
I still like the two I said earlier Kniles Davis or Zac Stacy. I think we can get Stacy between the 3rd and 5th round the guy is NFL ready great power and even though his 40 time was in the 4.5 range that dude has some shake. He had back to back 1000 yard seasons in the SEC with no one else but him on the team. Look at what he did to georgia's defense this year. He's also great in picking up the blitz ( he stopped Jones cold a few times in that Georgia game). I know Davis has had an ankle injury the last two seasons but I think he's worth the shot. They said the same thing about A.P and his injuries when he was about to get drafted and I think as far as size and speed goes he is the closest to him.

K Train
02-27-2013, 09:28 PM

ivory and joique bell are our best chance at a FA...williams, jackson, turner just isnt gonna happen

ChucktownSteeler
02-27-2013, 10:16 PM
Hearing good things on Knile Davis.

LevonKirkland99
02-27-2013, 11:11 PM
Jarvis Jones in 1st Round? Or Mingo? It should be very interesting what theSteelers will do in the draft...

tgunn86
02-28-2013, 06:30 PM
I think the sleeper pick at RB is definitely Le'Veon Bell from Michigan State. The guy is strong, fast, can block and uses his huge *** frame in all the right ways. Not to mention he shows great vision and patience as a runner. Then we should get Ray Graham if he goes undrafted for some speed and change of pace.

ChucktownSteeler
02-28-2013, 08:09 PM
Knile Davis in the fourth round.

NeilPatrickBanana
02-28-2013, 08:28 PM
ivory and joique bell are our best chance at a FA...williams, jackson, turner just isnt gonna happen

hey... step off my kool aid
:lol:

K Train
02-28-2013, 08:34 PM
hey... step off my kool aid
:lol:

huh?

im just saying the RFAs might be our best bet if they are going to go after anyone. doubt the lions let bell go now that best is most probably hanging it up

NeilPatrickBanana
02-28-2013, 09:29 PM
huh?

im just saying the RFAs might be our best bet if they are going to go after anyone. doubt the lions let bell go now that best is most probably hanging it up

i was joking around. i've been pushing Joique Bell for months.
He's #1 on my list of "realistic" Free Agents (restricted) we should pursue.

looking forward to see what tag Detroit gives him (UDFA) and we should drop a nice contract in his lap 3yrs/10 million
If they tag him with a 1st/2nd round comp tag... then we can't sign him.

BubbyBlister
03-01-2013, 12:34 PM
i was joking around. i've been pushing Joique Bell for months.
He's #1 on my list of "realistic" Free Agents (restricted) we should pursue.

looking forward to see what tag Detroit gives him (UDFA) and we should drop a nice contract in his lap 3yrs/10 million
If they tag him with a 1st/2nd round comp tag... then we can't sign him. If they get Reggie Bush like they want. I could see Bell being available.

LatrobePA
03-01-2013, 02:21 PM
Honestly Turner would be my starting RB in 2013...

Steeldude
03-01-2013, 02:31 PM
lacy.

Why?

Here are 3 reasons on why not to draft a RB in the early rounds...

RB is not a priority
Lacy isn't going anywhere behind the Steelers' O-line
There are no RBs worth a 1st round pick in this year's draft

coldrolled
03-01-2013, 03:37 PM
Why?

Here are 3 reasons on why not to draft a RB in the early rounds...

RB is not a priority
Lacy isn't going anywhere behind the Steelers' O-line
There are no RBs worth a 1st round pick in this year's draft

Eifert - BPA at 17

Real Deal Steel
03-01-2013, 03:41 PM
You can't trade back too far in the first for Lacy. Teams like the Bengals and Falcons will be all over Lacy. There is talk here on the left coast that the Chargers are thinking of taking Lacy. Ryan Matthews is a bust.

weakdraft
03-01-2013, 03:47 PM
You can't trade back too far in the first for Lacy. Teams like the Bengals and Falcons will be all over Lacy. There is talk here on the left coast that the Chargers are thinking of taking Lacy. Ryan Matthews is a bust.

Ryan Matthews isn't used properly to take advantage of his skills.

LatrobePA
03-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Michael Turner says he has a lot more left in the tank

By Gregg Rosenthal

Published: March 01, 2013 at 9:24 AM PST

Modified: March 01, 2013 at 9:24 AM PST

The Atlanta Falcons released three of their most trusted veteran players on Friday in running back Michael Turner , cornerback Dunta Robinson , and defensive end John Abraham .

Suddenly, all three players are free to look for work elsewhere. Turner, for one, says he has a lot more to give . "I'm excited to begin a new chapter of my career and truly believe I have a lot left in the tank," Turner said in a very gracious Facebook post that praised the Falcons .

"The Burner" doesn't break long runs much any more, but he was productive against the Seattle Seahawks in the Divisional Round with 98 yards. While we don't rank him among the top five running backs available (or the Top-85 players overall ), he should be able to find a role somewhere. A team like the New York Giants could look at him for short-yardage duties. The Dallas Cowboys make some sense as a potential backup.

In general, veteran running backs don't come off the market quickly. Look for Robinson and Abraham to find jobs first.

Steeldude
03-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Eifert - BPA at 17

Depends on the position. LB and DB are the priorities.

Zachintosh66
03-01-2013, 07:54 PM
I wouldnt be upset with them drafting someone like Graham, Barner, Franklin

If we dont get Lacy, Gillsee or Taylor of the upper class of RBs

Real Deal Steel
03-01-2013, 09:03 PM

Latrobe, trust me on this one. Turner is done. Done.

LatrobePA
03-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Latrobe, trust me on this one. Turner is done. Done.

You think? I don't know there's something about him, I think he could give a good year or two.

K Train
03-01-2013, 09:38 PM
i dont think turner is done, but hes a far cry from the work horse he used to be

weakdraft
03-01-2013, 11:13 PM
I'd take Turner for 2 years if he would sign a performance based contract. 1 mill for 1000 yards, 2 mill for 1500 yards, plus another mill for 350 carries, and another mill for playing a majority of snaps in regular and playoffs.

Those Duce Staley types only seem to last 1/2 a season. Darren McFadden being another one of em.

Real Deal Steel
03-02-2013, 01:35 AM
i dont think turner is done, but hes a far cry from the work horse he used to be

exactly. He's done.

weakdraft
03-02-2013, 02:11 AM
exactly. He's done.

Says who? You? Rancho Kookoomunga.

coldrolled
03-02-2013, 08:02 AM
I wouldnt be upset with them drafting someone like Graham, Barner, Franklin

If we dont get Lacy, Gillsee or Taylor of the upper class of RBs

I know, but logic says we have Big Ben and no TE or Big WR.. for Sept 10th. We cant keep wasting Bens years.

We were a #1 D last year. A Saftey at #1 or a LB that is not a #1 ILB or OLB wont start anyway.

JollyRob68
03-02-2013, 09:10 AM

Turner runs like he doesn't want to be hit anymore. If he's still free in late summer for vet mini then thats fine.
Lets see what RFA tender New Orleans puts on Chris Ivory. Grabbing him allows them to take Lattimore and let him heal.

Lattimore, I see why he gets hurt with those long legs. He has wild legs and thats why people get clean hits on them. DO we really want him running in the Black & Blue collar AFC North?

Ray Graham should be on board in the 6st after that combine display. The Steelers need more mid round picks.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-02-2013, 09:14 AM
If they get Reggie Bush like they want. I could see Bell being available.

i hadnt heard the bush rumor
id be surprised since bush has been adamant in the past about not wanting to play on field turf.

LatrobePA
03-02-2013, 09:45 AM
They don't want bush, I heard he's pretty much a Lion...

Black@Gold Forever32
03-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Turner runs like he doesn't want to be hit anymore. If he's still free in late summer for vet mini then thats fine.
Lets see what RFA tender New Orleans puts on Chris Ivory. Grabbing him allows them to take Lattimore and let him heal.

Lattimore, I see why he gets hurt with those long legs. He has wild legs and thats why people get clean hits on them. DO we really want him running in the Black & Blue collar AFC North?

Ray Graham should be on board in the 6st after that combine display. The Steelers need more mid round picks.

Ray Graham is one of my favorite RB's in the draft......I really hope the Steelers take a late round flier on him.....

K Train
03-02-2013, 01:39 PM
the steelers do not need more mid round picks, thats a horrible idea. Steelers need quality picks and need to do well in the first 3 rounds.

The only way im for getting more picks is trading this years first for a this years second and a next year first...cough cardinals cough. 2 seconds this year and 2 first next year <3

NeilPatrickBanana
03-02-2013, 01:44 PM
They don't want bush, I heard he's pretty much a Lion...

what?
they = who?

LatrobePA
03-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Steelers don't want Bush, Sounded like the Lions all but had him headed that way.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Steelers don't want Bush, Sounded like the Lions all but had him headed that way.

no one was talking about Bush to the Steelers. We were talking about Joique Bell's availability, to which the Bush to Detroit rumors were brought up.

personally... i think you are reading too much into media OPINIONS. I'd bet against Bush to Detroit.

K Train
03-02-2013, 04:21 PM
man i wish the steelers could afford bush, he would be an amazing addition to haleys offense

LatrobePA
03-02-2013, 04:23 PM
no one was talking about Bush to the Steelers. We were talking about Joique Bell's availability, to which the Bush to Detroit rumors were brought up.

personally... i think you are reading too much into media OPINIONS. I'd bet against Bush to Detroit.

Keep your ****ing nose off my post I wasn't directing it towards your sorry *** anyway JoeFlaccoSaysHi fn troll! I ****ing hate you and your trolling! I wish one time I can post without being bothered by a troll!

Real Deal Steel
03-02-2013, 05:21 PM
Yeah...neil and weak are both undercover ravens fans. It won't be long before their banned. Both have been on my ignore list for weeks now. Latrobe, just put them on ignore.

JollyRob68
03-02-2013, 07:09 PM
the steelers do not need more mid round picks, thats a horrible idea. Steelers need quality picks and need to do well in the first 3 rounds.

The only way im for getting more picks is trading this years first for a this years second and a next year first...cough cardinals cough. 2 seconds this year and 2 first next year <3

I'd take that deal with Cards.lol

I still want my first round pick but move down some and get an extra 3rd or move way back and get an extra 2nd,5,6 or extra two 3rds.
It all depends on who slipped and who's available. Example Cooper,Jones,Vaccaro, Star L due to health on board at 17( then you stay) or move back Austin,Eifert,Banks or a WR. I'd take Austin at 17 he's a playmaker who can take the top off a Defense,Punt/kick return,SLot, Zone Scheme type RB,reverses and the Steelers favorite Bubble Screen.

What needs do you address in the first 3 rounds then? I say more mid rounds because they have needs and the Quality Depth is in rds 2-4. They need a RB,ILB,OLB,FS,SS,NT,DE,WR,TE,OG,CB and those players are available in 2-4. Hell ,Their are some injured players who were suppose to be top picks until they got hurt that can be had in rds 4-6. Lattimoer,Mike Mauti,Walter Stewart. They cover your RB,ILB,OLB and can have time to heal for 2014 with those extra picks.
At least thats my thinking about extra picks

NeilPatrickBanana
03-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Keep your ****ing nose off my post I wasn't directing it towards your sorry *** anyway JoeFlaccoSaysHi fn troll! I ****ing hate you and your trolling! I wish one time I can post without being bothered by a troll!

I think you are terrific
Your uncontrollable emotional Internet meltdowns are thoroughly entertaining.

Reggie Bush has stated his desire to play on natural grass, so I find the Detroit rumors less than solid

NeilPatrickBanana
03-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Yeah...neil and weak are both undercover ravens fans. It won't be long before their banned. Both have been on my ignore list for weeks now. Latrobe, just put them on ignore.

Keep on questing kiddo

Zachintosh66
03-03-2013, 03:02 AM
Turner got cut b/c he failed the team physical... no thanks

jimmybeesteelers
03-03-2013, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE=JShare86;538950]I really only like 2 backs not sure if they will be there when we pick in the 2nd round. Lacy and Bernard I know Lacy will be gone by our 2nd pick I'm not sure about Bernard. I'd really like to trade back in the first and pick up Lacy. I just don't think using the 17th overall pick on Lacy will be justified when we have too many other needs in this team.[/QUOTE
I like your thinking I thought trade back early 2nd or late first adding another 2nd rd pick that way we could get RB- Tall Wide Receiver - Inside LB or OG no particular order take BPA 3 of 4 taken care of then. I like Condrance Patterson if we stay put in the first then if Lacy available in 2nd (doubt it) would be awesome or get Montee Ball or Joe Randle on 3rd or 4th rd. Hate when my phone automatically makes me mispell words....

Real Deal Steel
03-03-2013, 06:16 PM
the steelers do not need more mid round picks, that's a horrible idea. Steelers need quality picks and need to do well in the first 3 rounds.

The only way I'm for getting more picks is trading this years first for a this years second and a next year first...cough cardinals cough. 2 seconds this year and 2 first next year <3

I hear ya K. But think of it this way.......

With the news of the Falcons cutting Michael Turner, Lacy will not fall further then the Falcons. And you can take that to the bank. And...rumor is that the Bengals are dead set on taking Lacy at # 21. So..if we want Lacy, we could trade down to maybe the Bears at # 20 and then take Lacy while picking up an additional 2nd round pick. But getting two 2nd round picks would allow us to adequately address the LB position and maybe WR.

This is a very pivotal year in the draft. Colbert is going to have to step it up big time. I want to see some saviness, some boldness and smarts. We can't just sit back and expect things to work out. Not with all the needs we have this year.

NeilPatrickBanana
03-03-2013, 06:18 PM
I hear ya K. But think of it this way.......

With the news of the Falcons cutting Michael Turner, Lacy will not fall further then the Falcons. And you can take that to the bank. And...rumor is that the Bengals are dead set on taking Lacy at # 21. So..if we want Lacy, we could trade down to maybe the Bears at # 20 and then take Lacy while picking up an additional 2nd round pick. But getting two 2nd round picks would allow us to adequately address the LB position and maybe WR.

This is a very pivotal year in the draft. Colbert is going to have to step it up big time. I want to see some saviness, some boldness and smarts. We can't just sit back and expect things to work out. Not with all the needs we have this year.

I'll take that bet.

TarlsQtr
03-04-2013, 12:44 PM
I am just not completely sold on Lacy. It seems like I could look great running behind that OL too. That said, I am not a big RB in the first round type of guy anyway. Success in the NFL is not necessarily about getting the best player at a position but getting the best value. You can get very good ones in later rounds and not spend a first rounder on a position where most players do not reach 30 as an effective player.

Mike Tomlin
03-04-2013, 04:22 PM
Zac Stacy in the mid to late rounds.