PDA

View Full Version : RFA - Anyone not to get a tender?

Zachintosh66
02-18-2013, 08:42 PM
Usually RFA's almost always end up re-signing with their origianl team. Anyone think we will choose not to tender anyone?

RB, Dwyer
RB, Redman
WR, Sanders
DT, McClendon
LB, Sylvester

I think they will offer Sanders, McClendon and Dwyer right away. May wait on Redman to see if anyone tries to go after Dwyer (other wise letting Redman go if Dwyer stays). I think its time to move away from Sylvester and chalk him up into the bust category. We need ball players, not special teamers.

I dont foresee anyone to get huge tenders (even Sanders) and may be willing to let guys walk if they do get interest from other teams.

I want Sanders and Dwyer to return and be a priority, the rest I could move on from if need be...

ChucktownSteeler
02-18-2013, 09:11 PM
We need Sanders, for sure. McClendon good on passing downs, but struggles against the run.

Big T
02-18-2013, 09:21 PM
I wouldnt call a fifth round pick, who turned into a very good special teams player, a bust. I get that he never turned into a starting caliber player, but there's a reason he was a fifth round pick. We got our picks worth from him.

Zachintosh66
02-18-2013, 09:35 PM
I wouldnt call a fifth round pick, who turned into a very good special teams player, a bust. I get that he never turned into a starting caliber player, but there's a reason he was a fifth round pick. We got our picks worth from him.

may be right there, but we all thought he had the potential for more at some point

ChucktownSteeler
02-18-2013, 10:39 PM
Agreed, we Ned depth we can count on at LB. Time to restock the LB shelf.

Goodfrom55
02-20-2013, 02:17 PM
Definitely Sanders, rest, honestly are a toss up. Dwyer perhaps. McClendon. . .those would be my three.

BubbyBlister
02-20-2013, 04:57 PM
Definitely Sanders, rest, honestly are a toss up. Dwyer perhaps. McClendon. . .those would be my three. McClendon is a good player and not used enough.

Cricker24
02-20-2013, 05:22 PM
My choices would be:

Redman
Sanders
McLendon

I think the Steelers will tender Redman before Dwyer. It sounds like Haley wasn't too happy with Dwyer last year. Haley mentioned somewhere that he didn't understand why Dwyer would constantly tap out after 1 or 2 plays. Although Dwyer improved last season, I think he's reached his ceiling. If the Steelers do in fact pick a RB in the draft, like most expect them to, then I think Redman is the way to go. He's a guy that can play on 3rd down if needed, which is something Dwyer doesn't appear to be capable of.

McLendon is a no brainer. He's going to start at NT next season in place of Hampton. I don't see any of the guys in the draft being good enough to start from day one. I also don't feel like Ta'amu or Fangupo are the immediate answer at NT.

I also think Sanders is a no brainer to get tendered. If you think the WR depth chart is thin now, imagine if Sanders isn't brought back. He's definitely not a #1 WR, but he's a solid #2/#3. I'd give him one more year to show what he's got. I think Sanders biggest problem last year was dropped passes. If new WRs coach, Mann, is as good at teaching technique as his reputation says, then let's see if he can get Sanders to hold on to to the ball.

Those are the 3 guys I would tender. This is going to be one interesting offseason for the Steelers, that's for sure!!

Chris :tt02:

steelchamp204
02-21-2013, 12:30 AM
Dwyer and Sanders would be locks, everyone else is 50/50

Crash
02-21-2013, 01:53 AM
Sanders, McClendon, and Dwyer IMO.

Let Redman and Sylvester go.

steelchamp204
02-21-2013, 03:46 AM
Crash

2nd String

This message is hidden because Crash is on your ignore list.

View Post.

Remove user from ignore list

coldrolled
02-21-2013, 10:39 AM
55 and 33 are great players for their low cost... they wont pull any real big money.

55 is a crusher on ST. must not have much sense to play LB.. thats too bad.

Goodfrom55
02-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Seems to me as though Sly is always injured.He reminds me of a young Harrison on specials, but has yet to crack the lineup otherwise. He would come cheap, and SHOULD know the system by now. . .I guess a lot of this depends on how Spence is rehabbing.