PDA

View Full Version : Harrison won't take a paycut to stay with the Steelers...

LatrobePA
02-12-2013, 01:45 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000138434/article/james-harrison-wont-take-pittsburgh-steelers-pay-cut

NeilPatrickBanana
02-12-2013, 01:46 PM
He's gone

JShare86
02-12-2013, 02:17 PM
About time he's gone....... Talk talk talk just like woodley

K Train
02-12-2013, 02:29 PM

actually hes more like one of the most productive LBs in the league, unless being the best against the run, while rushing the passer and creating turnovers consistently over her career is just "talk"

LatrobePA
02-12-2013, 02:32 PM
1 so so year doesn't mean he's a dud, if I recall he helped seal the game against Flacco and the Ravens last year...

Let's not forget what he did in the SB a few years back, the dude has been MONEY!!!

Real Deal Steel
02-12-2013, 02:38 PM
The key phrase being "has been" because after the back issues, he's been a shadow of himself. This is a buisness about what have you done for me lately. Plus..he brings a bullseye to this team.

Don't get me wrong, I"m grateful for what he's done but I think it's time to move on.

steelcitysfinestXL
02-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Yeah the Steelers need him more than he needs the Steelers. Injuries are the only thing holding him back. In '11 he still had about 10 sacks, made the ProBowl and he missed all those games after breaking his face against the Texans. I think he got bad advice last offseason forgoing surgery until TC and that held him back last year. If he gets healthy, there is no reason to think he wont be that 10-15 sack type of guy he's been since '08. And yes, he is VERY under rated as a run defender too!

BubbyBlister
02-12-2013, 02:43 PM
He's gone Not necessarily and he is willing to restructure just not taking a pay cut. Guess it really boils down to what the Steelers do in the draft.

steelcitysfinestXL
02-12-2013, 02:48 PM
Not necessarily and he is willing to restructure just not taking a pay cut. Guess it really boils down to what the Steelers do in the draft.

He's too old to restructure. Thats the problem! He's 34-35, where do you push that money back too!?! Even if he plays 3 more years and you restructure him, you have the same problem every year. And thats counting on him playing more than 10 games a year!

steelcitysfinestXL
02-12-2013, 02:49 PM
If im the Green Bay Packers im trying to fugure out a way to muster up $6-7 mil for a one year deal for this guy!

Black@Gold Forever32
02-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Yeah the Steelers need him more than he needs the Steelers. Injuries are the only thing holding him back. In '11 he still had about 10 sacks, made the ProBowl and he missed all those games after breaking his face against the Texans. I think he got bad advice last offseason forgoing surgery until TC and that held him back last year. If he gets healthy, there is no reason to think he wont be that 10-15 sack type of guy he's been since '08. And yes, he is VERY under rated as a run defender too!

Harrison is still a damn BEAST vs the run no doubt.....But at his age and with the money he is due to receive then it will be hard for the Steelers to keep him....Its a shame but it is a business......I agree if healthy he could easily post double digit sacks again but that is a big.....IF

steelcitysfinestXL
02-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Harrison is still a damn BEAST vs the run no doubt.....But at his age and with the money he is due to receive then it will be hard for the Steelers to keep him....Its a shame but it is a business......I agree if healthy he could easily post double digit sacks again but that is a big.....IF

Oh dont get me wrong: I agree he's going to get offered a lesser salary, then get cut when he refuses it. Im just saying the previous posters were talking like he's garbage and thats far from true.

Big T
02-12-2013, 04:28 PM
He'd still be worth his contract if they moved him to MLB. The man would be a hell of a buck.

NeilPatrickBanana
02-12-2013, 04:51 PM
He'd still be worth his contract if they moved him to MLB. The man would be a hell of a buck.

I'm not so sure about that, but I'd like to see it to make a proper judgment.

I don't know if his body would hold up

NeilPatrickBanana
02-12-2013, 04:53 PM
Not necessarily and he is willing to restructure just not taking a pay cut. Guess it really boils down to what the Steelers do in the draft.

He's in the last year of his deal. There's no restructuring, the only option would be a contract extension for an older player... Not a good idea

EDIT : My mistake... he has 2 years left...

still, i'd cut him. We need to clean up our cap mess. pushing more **** into the future only exacerbates the problem

ChucktownSteeler
02-12-2013, 06:32 PM
I hope he comes back. The man is a disruptive beast. He was never healthy last season.

Nolrog
02-12-2013, 06:41 PM
I hope he comes back. The man is a disruptive beast. He was never healthy last season.

He was injured the year before as well (just coming off neck surgery.) That's what happens when you get old. The body starts breaking down. Could he be productive for another year, sure if he's healthy, but given where the Steelers are, and the cap situation, it's time to let him go.

It's better to let these guys go a year too early than a year too late. And if he catches on with another team and has a great year, that's fantastic. He was a great player and one of my favorite Steelers. No matter what, he's cemented a spot in Steeler lore and Super Bowl legend.

ChucktownSteeler
02-12-2013, 06:45 PM
I'd like to give him one more shot, unless we get a Mingo like beast in the draft.

Goodfrom55
02-12-2013, 07:54 PM
If Harrison gets cut, he will be out of work for about 15 minutes.

In the beginning of the year, I said he would not be back in 2013 because of his body breaking down. He finished the year strong and healthier than he has even been at the end of a season. I roll the dice on him for one more year, but that nit nat has to restructure or take a paycut with incentives. Even if Woody moves to the blind side, who is going to play LOLB, Carter or Worilds? That's great news for offenses.

K Train
02-12-2013, 08:00 PM
I'd like to give him one more shot, unless we get a Mingo like beast in the draft.

mingo is becoming more and more interesting to me

ChucktownSteeler
02-12-2013, 08:32 PM
mingo is becoming more and more interesting to me

And his stock is on the rise. One draft had him as high as 5 I think. What do you think of his sidekick Minter? Is he worth taking if Mingo is gone?

gameface
02-12-2013, 09:08 PM
And his stock is on the rise. One draft had him as high as 5 I think. What do you think of his sidekick Minter? Is he worth taking if Mingo is gone?

Minter is good but not as good as Mingo....

LevonKirkland99
02-12-2013, 09:52 PM

You must be smoking something....Harisson gave it all as a Steeled.

JShare86
02-12-2013, 10:53 PM
You must be smoking something....Harisson gave it all as a Steeled.

Never said anything about his play just said talk talk talk. The guy never shuts up just sick of hearing him all the time. I think he was a great player. He's always hurt he's getting old cya later thanks for the years.

weakdraft
02-13-2013, 12:16 AM
If Harrison was such a talker, why don't we know that?

Steelers don't have any talkers that I know of.

coldrolled
02-13-2013, 07:48 AM
If Harrison gets cut, he will be out of work for about 15 minutes.

Trade for a #2 pick then...

Goodfrom55
02-13-2013, 03:25 PM
Trade for a #2 pick then...
I don't know if they could get a (2) for him, only because of his age. Perhaps a (3)?

coldrolled
02-13-2013, 09:52 PM
I don't know if they could get a (2) for him, only because of his age. Perhaps a (3)?

A three would get us a RB...

BlitzburghRockCity
02-13-2013, 10:05 PM
If Harrison was such a talker, why don't we know that?

Steelers don't have any talkers that I know of.

Nah he's not a talker on the level of guys like Porter and Lloyd were. He does some trash talking though but it's not over the top..unless you mean off the field..LOL.