PDA

View Full Version : The cuts are coming in from around the NFL.

LatrobePA
02-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Thoughts or predictions on who the Steelers let go???

Nolrog
02-06-2013, 10:34 AM
Harrison and Colon.

SnakeEyes43
02-06-2013, 10:45 AM
Possibly:
Batch
Wallace
Colon
Big Casey
The Beard
Silverback

Hope they keep:
Lewis
Worlids as back up
Cotch
W. Allen

Real Deal Steel
02-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Worlids isn't going anywhere.

Wallace is gone because it makes no sense signing him when Bowe is available. Colon's luggage should be at the front door waiting for him. And Batch and Lefty have no buisness ever wearing the Black and Gold again.

jpele
02-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Gone:
Hampton
Wallace
Colon
Batch
K. Lewis hate to see himgo buy he already stated he's all about the money.
Keisel...cap
Harrison..cap
Mendenhall

LatrobePA
02-06-2013, 11:03 AM
Gone:
Hampton
Wallace
Colon
Batch
K. Lewis hate to see himgo buy he already stated he's all about the money.
Keisel...cap
Harrison..cap
Mendenhall

Your list is what I feel as well.. I do think they resign Lewis but the rest are gone! I still feel this team could try to trade Woodley, I just have a feeling!

Real Deal Steel
02-06-2013, 11:05 AM
They need to find a way to keep Lewis. Imagine how bad that secondary would be without him?

K Train
02-06-2013, 11:05 AM
i dont think letting harrison go is a good idea personally, it will cripple us at OLB (and MLB) even if he is old unless they have a big time plan in getting a new OLB (Jarvis Jones?)

Colon is on the outs, ive always liked him but its time to cut ties...he'll have a home in AZ

They should keep lewis and mendenhall. Lewis can be all about the money all he wants, but truth is he isnt gonna gain much interest on the open market, less than mcfadden did i would say. Mendenall needs to stay unless they really have a plan at RB

Batch needs to go, hampton needs to go, wallace is out

Keisel absolutely 100% needs to stay

Real Deal Steel
02-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Sadly, Harrison has to be cut. And with him being cut, coupled with Woodley's ineffectiveness now, LB will probably move to the top of the priority list.

Real Deal Steel
02-06-2013, 11:07 AM
i dont think letting harrison go is a good idea personally, it will cripple us at OLB (and MLB) even if he is old unless they have a big time plan in getting a new OLB (Jarvis Jones?)

Colon is on the outs, ive always liked him but its time to cut ties...he'll have a home in AZ

They should keep lewis and mendenhall. Lewis can be all about the money all he wants, but truth is he isnt gonna gain much interest on the open market, less than mcfadden did i would say. Mendenall needs to stay unless they really have a plan at RB

K-Train

What if they went LB and RB with their first two picks? How would you feel about that?

K Train
02-06-2013, 11:16 AM
If they take a RB in the second (or POSSIBLY lacy in 1) i could live with that because of the very low learning curve, however its not quite that easy with OLBs....if they could land jarvis jones in 1, possibly dion jordan or keke mingo id be ok with it. All are vastly different players though, combine will go a long way to ranking them.

Jarvis Jones
Stephen Taylor

is something i could live with, but id rather address WR than RB and if they miss out on allen or patterson id look for them to go terrence williams in the 2nd

K Train
02-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Id love the steelers to pick up Delanie Walker, that would be a TE pickup acutally worthing something

Crash
02-06-2013, 11:45 AM
I think Harrison will take a cut to stay.

Batch if he wants will stay at #3.

Colon will go. Kiesel will take a cut also.

coldrolled
02-06-2013, 02:14 PM
#1 Ogletree and #2 barrett jones.. slide pouncey to guard. jones center.. Keep starks.

Stepfan Taylor at #3

NeilPatrickBanana
02-06-2013, 02:22 PM

I dont think we can afford not to cut Harrison, cap wise... the numbers don't add up. even with restructures

NeilPatrickBanana
02-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Id love the steelers to pick up Delanie Walker, that would be a TE pickup acutally worthing something

He's in my "top 5 realistic signings" thread

K Train
02-06-2013, 02:32 PM
#1 Ogletree and #2 barrett jones.. slide pouncey to guard. jones center.. Keep starks.

Stepfan Taylor at #3
ogletree is just not a good fit

coldrolled
02-06-2013, 02:54 PM
ogletree is just not a good fit

I see him as a fast ILB or OLB

you dont think he can play either??

K Train
02-06-2013, 03:00 PM
hes a sideline to sideline guy, but hes essentially a big safety...not saying he couldnt be valuable with the TEs were seeing now but hes going to get destroyed if they want him to play MLB and take on guards, much worse than timmons did his rookie year when he was undersized

Raleigh Steel
02-06-2013, 03:01 PM

Stepfan Taylor at #3

I've actually thought about Barrett jones and moving pouncey to guard. That could work.

Real Deal Steel
02-06-2013, 03:27 PM
hmmmmmmmm.

K Train
02-06-2013, 03:49 PM
barret jones or travis frederick in 2 and moving pouncey to guard would work.

im not opposed to warmack in 1 and keeping pouncey at C either though

Black@Gold Forever32
02-06-2013, 03:58 PM
barret jones or travis frederick in 2 and moving pouncey to guard would work.

im not opposed to warmack in 1 and keeping pouncey at C either though

I'm surprised you like Jones.....You usually don't like those OL that can play multi positions.....Jones three National title games and played three different positions......Personally I like any OL coming out of Bama right now......

Big T
02-06-2013, 04:12 PM
My dream draft would start like this:

1) Jarvis Jones
2) Matt Elam
3) Marcus Lattimore
4) Tyrann Mathieu

I'd have to just throw my pants away...
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/270/948/d33.jpg

Nolrog
02-06-2013, 04:29 PM

1) Jarvis Jones
2) Matt Elam
3) Marcus Lattimore
4) Tyrann Mathieu

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/270/948/d33.jpg

The offense is losing three top pieces and you would pick no one to replace them for the start of 13 (Lattimore would probably start on the DL if not miss the whole year.)

NeilPatrickBanana
02-06-2013, 04:30 PM

1) Jarvis Jones
2) Matt Elam
3) Marcus Lattimore
4) Tyrann Mathieu

i like the players... but not addressing WR is a mistake

Rhys Lightning 63
02-06-2013, 04:43 PM
People who question what we should do at RB, I would like to inform you that AHMAD BRADSHAW is now a free agent

Big T
02-06-2013, 04:46 PM
People who question what we should do at RB, I would like to inform you that AHMAD BRADSHAW is now a free agent

He just had another foot surgery. No thanks.

Edit: I guess I shouldn't totally write it off. When he's healthy he's good but the injuries scare me. The fumbles don't help either.

Big T
02-06-2013, 04:49 PM
i like the players... but not addressing WR is a mistake

Seeing as how it's my dream scenario, let's just say they sign Bowe as well lol. But yes I agree, WR needs to be addressed early if no one is picked up via free agency. Matt Elam likely won't be there in the second. I could see Terrance Williams/Robert Woods/Quinton Patton.

NeilPatrickBanana
02-06-2013, 04:56 PM
Seeing as how it's my dream scenario, let's just say they sign Bowe as well lol. But yes I agree, WR needs to be addressed early if no one is picked up via free agency. Matt Elam likely won't be there in the second. I could see Terrance Williams/Robert Woods/Quinton Patton.

your dream scenario gets even better! Bowe is only an option if we do a serious hack job to the defense (massive cuts). I'm actually not against that though.

terrance williams in the 2nd would be a steal.
Im not a fan of Woods, USC WRs.... bleh

markus wheaton in the 2nd

Real Deal Steel
02-06-2013, 04:57 PM
We need a lot, and right now I just don't see all the needs properly addressed without the serious use of free agency.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2013, 05:02 PM
Agree about Harrison, there just isn't anyone available to fill in and play close to his ability right now. He'll restructure and come back for another year but drafting depth here is extremely important this year.

Lewis will come back, that all about the money thing was blown way out of context. He wants to come back and I think he feels he's got a good future here. Ike won't last forever; Cortez Allen and Lewis are the future.

Colon, Hampton, both gone.
Keisel - still had a decent year last year but something needs shaken up on the DL. Status quo at DE hasn't yielded positive results in years.

Don't be shocked if Charlie comes back, but as 3rd string and for the love of God take a QB mid round or UDFA with an upside as a future backup to Ben.

Mendenhall, no thanks, let him go. Bridges burned, time to move on.

NeilPatrickBanana
02-06-2013, 05:22 PM
another interesting cut... coming from the Giants.
Chris Canty

I was very high on him in his draft year.
He's a natural 3-4 DE

K Train
02-06-2013, 05:52 PM
I'm surprised you like Jones.....You usually don't like those OL that can play multi positions.....Jones three National title games and played three different positions......Personally I like any OL coming out of Bama right now......

warmack, fluker, jones are all soooo good. Gotta see how jones lisfranc checks out

K Train
02-06-2013, 05:55 PM
another interesting cut... coming from the Giants.
Chris Canty

I was very high on him in his draft year.
He's a natural 3-4 DE

he was a waste in the 43, hes a very long DE at 6-7, was perfect for wade phillips 1 gap system but would certainly look good in our defense. hes freakishly athletic, when he was on the boys he was probably second most athletic to ware

coldrolled
02-06-2013, 06:19 PM
How about Minter over Ogletree?

Do you think Jarvis Jones sees #17?

Real Deal Steel
02-06-2013, 06:28 PM
Would love to kick the tires on Canty.

BstripeYpaint
02-06-2013, 08:31 PM
I would rather pull out one of my own molars than see Harrison released.

LatrobePA
02-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Would love to kick the tires on Canty.

Ditto

K Train
02-06-2013, 08:37 PM

Id say Teo, Minter, Ogeltree, Hodges, Reddick, Bostic as 34 MLB rankings

if jones makes it to 17 id FLIP if the steelers dont take him, hes my #1 player in the draft and imo better than von miller

Goodfrom55
02-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Gotta tell you, loved sifting through 4 pages of posts without reading even one insult - way to go!

Kiesel should stay. I know he is old, but he produces so why cut a guy becasue of his age?
Harrison needs to take a pay cut or else he will be in Arizona. Woody just needs to get in better shape.
Hamp, Wallace, Colon, Lefty, Possibly Harrison, Plax, Starks, Foster, Redman, all waived or not resigned.

They will find a way to resign Lewis. He has to be their top priority.

Draft wise, I say the best available OLB or Safety in the 1st round and then vice versa in the 2nd.

K Train
02-06-2013, 08:51 PM
im becoming more and more interested in WR in the first round.

Id like:

1. Patterson/Allen
2. Brandon Jenkins/Matt Elam

or

1. Jarvis Jones/Keke Mingo
2. Terrence Williams

NeilPatrickBanana
02-06-2013, 09:38 PM
im becoming more and more interested in WR in the first round.

Id like:

1. Patterson/Allen
2. Brandon Jenkins/Matt Elam

or

1. Jarvis Jones/Keke Mingo
2. Terrence Williams

welcome to team "WR in the 1st... if the top pass rushers dont fall"

the only difference for me is I include Hopkins in the first choice of WRs... and I'd would have Dion Jordan instead of Mingo

K Train
02-06-2013, 09:50 PM
welcome to team "WR in the 1st... if the top pass rushers dont fall"

the only difference for me is I include Hopkins in the first choice of WRs... and I'd would have Dion Jordan instead of Mingo
patterson is a guy that just screams stud to me, and the more i watch keenan allen the more i see javon walker, who was great minus horrible knee injuries

Real Deal Steel
02-06-2013, 09:50 PM
I saw two new mocks and both had Mingo in the top 3.

K Train
02-06-2013, 09:51 PM
for mingo to go top three he needs to absoultely dazzle in not only measurements but LB drills

Real Deal Steel
02-06-2013, 09:52 PM
And no more bench sitting. The guys we take with our first two picks, need to start.

NeilPatrickBanana
02-06-2013, 09:59 PM
patterson is a guy that just screams stud to me, and the more i watch keenan allen the more i see javon walker, who was great minus horrible knee injuries

i think Javon Walker is a solid comparison for Allen. Nice job.
Patterson has stud potential, sprinkled with a bit of bust factor

i'll be thrilled if we took either one.
Hopkins is the guy who will go later in the draft, and years later, everyone will wonder why he wasn't taken in the 1st.

NeilPatrickBanana
02-06-2013, 09:59 PM
I saw two new mocks and both had Mingo in the top 3.

those are pretty terrible mocks

Raleigh Steel
02-06-2013, 10:00 PM
I have seen at least 2 mocks with us taking Jarvis jones. That may not mean much but we didn't expect decastro to fall to us either so there is some hope I guess.

cbrunn
02-06-2013, 10:34 PM
What do you guys think about going after WR Ramses Barden??

Ben would love his 6-6 frame to throw to ... and worst he could be a red zone threat

and if Jarvis isn't there I would like a trade back

but I wouldn't be mad to come out of the 1st and 2nd with Justin Hunter and David Amerson

NeilPatrickBanana
02-06-2013, 10:39 PM

Ben would love his 6-6 frame to throw to ... and worst he could be a red zone threat

but I wouldn't be mad to come out of the 1st and 2nd with Justin Hunter and David Amerson

i suggested Barden already in the "realistic signings" thread

JollyRob68
02-06-2013, 11:01 PM
What do you think about 6'6" TE Ertz or Eifert in the first? I read that they should put Woodley at ROLB & Worilds at LOLB. It forces Woodley to bring his A game every week plus Worilds filled in better on the left.

As for Cuts I'd cut a lot of vets and sign Bowe and lock up some of our young studs before they become free agents. The one issue that upsets me is that The Steelers don't play the younger players and then when they do they can't keep them because they're cheap.

JollyRob68
02-06-2013, 11:03 PM
Ktrain
If Bowe was Franchise tagged would you sign him and give up a 1st for him or are they better off signing a rookie like Allen in the first?
Patterson they say is raw and has low football IQ.

K Train
02-06-2013, 11:13 PM

Barden sucks, but he must have come a long way in that complicated *** offense coughlin runs. He was really struggling with routes and the option routes he'd have to run...my problem is even as far as hes come hes gigantic and can run but still never sees the field unless their top 2 of 3 guys are hurt. He does run pretty horrible routes, id almost rather keep plax

What do you think about 6'6" TE Ertz or Eifert in the first? I read that they should put Woodley at ROLB & Worilds at LOLB. It forces Woodley to bring his A game every week plus Worilds filled in better on the left.

As for Cuts I'd cut a lot of vets and sign Bowe and lock up some of our young studs before they become free agents. The one issue that upsets me is that The Steelers don't play the younger players and then when they do they can't keep them because they're cheap.

Ertz is explosive, Eifert is lethal at the jump ball...both would be complete studs from day one, i wouldnt hate it at all.

Ktrain
If Bowe was Franchise tagged would you sign him and give up a 1st for him or are they better off signing a rookie like Allen in the first?
Patterson they say is raw and has low football IQ.

patterson has been very good ever since he put himself in the conversation for top WR. He really has all the tools and might be raw but hes not stephen hill raw. he could really become an impact player and he was unknown until pretty recently.

My WR Rankings are:

Keenan Allen
Cordarelle Patterson
Justin Hunter
Deandre Hopkins
Terrence Williams
Tavon Austin
Robert Woods

I feel pretty comfortable with that right now

Would not give up a 1st and a big money deal for bowe...not worth it, would throw every dime they stiffed wallace at him though

Goodfrom55
02-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Would love to draft a true OLB in the 1st round in lieu of a DE / OLB conversion project.

Gotta take him Jones if he is there.

LatrobePA
02-06-2013, 11:23 PM
I have a feeling they'll make a splash in the FA market this year.... Colbert said there isn't any franchise players on this team and they'd be silly to go into the new season with the same batch of players... I see some changes coming!!

Big T
02-07-2013, 12:47 AM

Patterson's open field running <3

The man's vision is insane. I've never seen a dude at 6'3" that makes some of the cuts he does. I wouldn't be upset at him at all, unless of course Jarvis Jones is on the board. He's my #1 player in this years draft as well. I just hope teams pass on him because they're scared of his spinal stenosis. I can't think of a more perfect fit for him. He and Woodley would be insane. He's without a doubt #1 on my wish list.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-07-2013, 01:54 AM
Bowe isn't happening people.......The Steelers don't have the cap space.....

Ktrain you see Allen as Javon Walker like?.....Freaking awesome since Walker was a BEAST before knee problems.....

Patterson and Jarvis Jones at 17 would also make since if one of those were available......Really pass rusher or WR should be the thought process at 17.........

Real Deal Steel
02-07-2013, 10:24 AM
So many areas of critical need. But OLB and DT are the highest to me. But a WR that reminds someone of Javon Walker sounds really tempting.

Ben needs a WR like that. He'd be the perfect compliment to the WR's we already have.

K Train
02-07-2013, 10:40 AM
i was a little behind on my WR rankings but this group is really growing on me.

Gotta find a bit more on patterson to watch, hunter too. Love what ive watched on allen though. Back when i thought julio/green/dez/floyd/crabtree was gonna be the best class ever (ended up being several classes) a lot of these guys slipped by me, its not as weak as i initially thought...but man does he have a lot of javon walkers skills

K Train
02-07-2013, 11:03 AM

A guy much like ogletree would be Kenny Tate from Marland, had some injuries but played both FS and OLB for them and the kid can ball out...could probably get in in the 5th-UDFA and see what we can make him into.

Kenny Tate and Ray Ray Armstrong were both top guys for this year a few years ago...how the mighty have fallen

tburg68
02-07-2013, 11:22 AM
I'm an admitted Wallace fan without apology. That being said, I don't see him back next year. I see that as a huge problem if they don't go get someone like Bowe in FA. You can't have quality depth if you allow your own talented draft picks walk after three years without replacing them via FA at least. The draft is only seven rounds, and that is not enough to stock a roster with quality when you let your own talent walk and never make a splash in FA. That is the reason the Steelers need to keep Lewis AND Mendenhall also. If anyone brings up Bradshaw and dismissed Mendenhall, you don't watch much football.

You can't solve all your roster needs through the draft if you let your own FA's walk with no compenstation and continue to make no significant adds from FA.

K Train
02-07-2013, 11:26 AM
im a huge wallace and mendenhall fan, but i gotta admit i think too many hurt feelings on both sides....the players are better off moving on, the steelers are better off keeping them.

I fully expect wallace AND jennings to be dolphins.

wouldnt surprise me the least bit to see arians snatch up mendenhall, ryan williams and beanie wells are garbage

Real Deal Steel
02-07-2013, 11:32 AM
I definitely think that Mendy is going to be the new starting RB in Arizona. If the Dolphins sign both Wallace and Jennings, then their committing cap suicide. Too much BIG money tied up in one position.

Wallace should find a way to be an Indianapolis Colt. He and Reggie Wayne would make an excellent combo and Hilton as the third WR would put the Colts that much closer to the Texans and give them a superior WR corps to the Texans.

K Train
02-07-2013, 11:35 AM
miami has 35 million in cap space with the cap going to rise in the next few years, they have NOTHING at the position and a young QB that showed promise but needs help.

I think jennings would welcome playing in philbins offense again where he wouldnt command top dollar. Im thinking they sign both guys and draft fisher or fluker to replace long (which clears up massive cap space)

tburg68
02-07-2013, 11:39 AM
I do believe that both Wallace and Mendy are gone, but the Steelers need to understand that a change is philosophy is in order, and fill 2 or 3 positional needs via FA to compensate. (and resigning Plax to the minimum isn't a replacement for Wallace)

Real Deal Steel
02-07-2013, 12:01 PM
miami has 35 million in cap space with the cap going to rise in the next few years, they have NOTHING at the position and a young QB that showed promise but needs help.

I think jennings would welcome playing in philbins offense again where he wouldnt command top dollar. Im thinking they sign both guys and draft fisher or fluker to replace long (which clears up massive cap space)

No doubt Jennings would like it. I just don't see them landing both because then there is a competition between Wallace and Jennings about who's the # 1 WR and blah, blah, blah...you know what I mean?? But both would definitely help them and moving Bass to the slot would be outstanding.