PDA

View Full Version : I'd have kept Alameda Ta'Amu

weakdraft
01-26-2013, 01:07 AM
I would have kept Alameda Ta'Amu because he looked pretty good to me when he had chances.

Young guys tie one on every now and then.

He probably made his situation worse by trying to avoid getting arrested, but I certainly would give a young guy another chance. Young, strong, some money, a steeler, the celebrity goes to a young guys head.

He might be better than anybody we get in this years draft. So I'd bring him back into the fold and expect that he learned a valuable lesson.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-26-2013, 01:35 AM
Ta'amu is still on their roster........

strummerfan
01-26-2013, 06:47 AM
He was brought back months ago.

steelspikes
01-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Yeah, this thread is misleading since it implies something happened (a player being released) that does not seem to have happened.

ChucktownSteeler
01-26-2013, 01:58 PM
I think he is still on the team, unless I missed something.

Nolrog
01-26-2013, 07:31 PM
I think he is still on the team, unless I missed something.

You didn't. It's just someone trolling.

weakdraft
01-27-2013, 12:47 AM
Alameda Ta'amu was released after getting arrested for drunk driving in the burg.
Around thanksgiving.

weakdraft
01-27-2013, 12:47 AM
Don't you guys keep up with team happenings.

polamalu43
01-27-2013, 01:59 AM
Ta'amu is on the roster for now. Was added back as a Practice Squad addition. We will see how his trial goes and then see what the Steelers Brass does with him.

I am all for one more chance on this guy too. It sure did look bad though.....running topless though the streets drunk!

scudmissile29
01-27-2013, 06:57 AM
weakdraft you are a ****ing idiot.

He is still on the roster.

Why do we have such idiots on this board.

strummerfan
01-27-2013, 07:01 AM
Alameda Ta'amu was released after getting arrested for drunk driving in the burg.
Around thanksgiving.

Ta'amu was suspended for two games after his arrest. After reinstatement he was waived to make room on the roster and then resigned a few days later. He is still on the team. Don't you keep up with team happenings?

BstripeYpaint
01-27-2013, 11:03 AM
You might derive some comfort from this little article: http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/pittsburgh-steelers/2012/12/29/3814620/steelers-alameda-taamu-david-gilreath

Ta'amu is still wearing black & gold.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-27-2013, 12:06 PM
Take it easy all, perhaps he just named his thread incorrectly. He was brought back to the practice squad and was on the roster for the final game of the season.

He just didn't look good in training camp or preseason. He's got such raw power and size that you'd think he'd be a natural but according to reports out of camp last season he was routinely blown off the ball and just couldn't hold his ground or finish plays. He'll have a lot of work to do but I think they'll keep him around this offseason and see what he can do, especially since Hamp is likely gone.

Nolrog
01-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Take it easy all, perhaps he just named his thread incorrectly. He was brought back to the practice squad and was on the roster for the final game of the season.

Nah. He's trolling. Even after people said he was still around, weakbrain replied with "don't you keep up with team happenings".

Ta'amu wil not be on the team next year. He'll probably be in prison or about to go to prison. He's a guy that shouldn't have made the team out of camp last year. He only made it because he was a 4th round pick, and Colbert needed to save face.

coldrolled
01-28-2013, 07:59 AM
What did Talib do? What did talamamamunun really do?

Talib almost made the SB...

Maybe Talamananan needs some counseling.

weakdraft
01-29-2013, 02:50 PM
Alameda caught my eye in pr-season. I was hoping to see more of him during the season.
I don't believe he got blown off the ball.

I bet he starts next year. if he ain't in jail.

K Train
01-29-2013, 02:57 PM
1 belligerently drunken bad night doesnt equal a lifetime running from the cops and jail time.....if it does im ****ed

Big T
01-29-2013, 03:36 PM
Nah. He's trolling. Even after people said he was still around, weakbrain replied with "don't you keep up with team happenings".

Ta'amu wil not be on the team next year. He'll probably be in prison or about to go to prison. He's a guy that shouldn't have made the team out of camp last year. He only made it because he was a 4th round pick, and Colbert needed to save face.

Ridiculous comment. Saving face? What team in their right mind cuts a 4th round pick before the 3rd preseason game of his rookie year? I'll answer it for you... No team. There's a reason he was drafted in the 4th round, and you don't give up on that during his first couple months as a pro. Ridiculous.

Zachintosh66
01-29-2013, 04:38 PM

but they took his library card...

Real Deal Steel
01-29-2013, 04:44 PM
Ridiculous comment. Saving face? What team in their right mind cuts a 4th round pick before the 3rd preseason game of his rookie year? I'll answer it for you... No team. There's a reason he was drafted in the 4th round, and you don't give up on that during his first couple months as a pro. Ridiculous.

I totally agree.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-29-2013, 04:47 PM

Yea we do but its clear you don't.....But I'm not shocked that you don't have a clue since you posted some of the dumbest **** on this board......lol

Nolrog
01-29-2013, 06:14 PM
Yea we do but its clear you don't.....But I'm not shocked that you don't have a clue since you posted some of the dumbest **** on this board......lol

Maybe he should be taking PEDs on the PET and try to write PEPs.

*Performance Enhancing Drugs, Performance Enhancing Turf, Performance Enhanced Posts.

Nolrog
01-29-2013, 06:15 PM

If he not good enough, he's not good enough. He shouldn't have made the team out of training camp regardless of where he was drafted.

Big T
01-29-2013, 06:46 PM
If he not good enough, he's not good enough. He shouldn't have made the team out of training camp regardless of where he was drafted.

Polamalu was kinda ****** his rookie year. Guess we should've cut him too.

Nolrog
01-30-2013, 12:26 PM
Polamalu was kinda ****** his rookie year. Guess we should've cut him too.

Yes, exactly the same situation. A first round pick, who we traded up to get, that was highly regarded versus a guy who was picked 4th, showed nothing in camp and barely made the team. That's entirely the exact same situation.

K Train
01-30-2013, 12:56 PM
it doesnt really matter what round they were picked in, especially the first 4 who are all expected to make the team and are pretty much on a level playing field.

woodley was far superior to timmons their rookie year, but im not sure thats the case anymore.

taamu is not a bad person, it was definitely a bad night but hes got immense potential within the scheme with his massive body

hood and worilds have been consistently horrible, but they dont just cut them

coldrolled
01-30-2013, 01:07 PM
it doesnt really matter what round they were picked in, especially the first 4 who are all expected to make the team and are pretty much on a level playing field.

woodley was far superior to timmons their rookie year, but im not sure thats the case anymore.

taamu is not a bad person, it was definitely a bad night but hes got immense potential within the scheme with his massive body

I think Hood and Woirlds would look better with Timmons/Minter behind them.

or Woodley/Ogeltree outside...

I think Ogletree can play ILB or OLB

K Train
01-30-2013, 01:16 PM
hood is supposed to make the LBs look good, not vice versa. theres no hope for hood, we do need him for depth but hes a painfully average player.

worilds too....in such a plug and play OLB system, theres no excuse to not produce.

Heyward needs to play more, and an OLB needs to be drafted....whether its high like jones, moore, mingo, jordan or if its chase thomas, brandon jenkins in round 2....worilds needs to be pushed, but probably completely upgraded.

Big T
01-30-2013, 01:35 PM
Yes, exactly the same situation. A first round pick, who we traded up to get, that was highly regarded versus a guy who was picked 4th, showed nothing in camp and barely made the team. That's entirely the exact same situation.

Obviously they are astronomically different situations, but was brought up due to your own point...

regardless of where he was drafted.

coldrolled
01-30-2013, 06:01 PM
hood is supposed to make the LBs look good, not vice versa. theres no hope for hood, we do need him for depth but hes a painfully average player.

Exactly.. But Timmons is the only ILB... Foote was Farriors backup he can only look so good... We have no second ILB

If we had Timmons/Minter it would make evryone look better. And of course another OLB.. I think Worilds can do it or a third round OLB if we went other

NeilPatrickBanana
01-30-2013, 06:57 PM
I think Hood and Woirlds would look better with Timmons/Minter behind them.

or Woodley/Ogeltree outside...

I think Ogletree can play ILB or OLB

How would an ILB make a DE look better?

coldrolled
01-30-2013, 10:08 PM
How would an ILB make a DE look better?

I remember years of farrior busting into a hole towards the QB making the QB run left or right and then rushed by the OLB...

We used to have our 4 LB's and safeties jumping around in the box and then dispursing all around to confuse the D.. We havent been doing that... We are not fooling any OL, we just dont have the speed. Foote is not real quick..

But when we had a quick set of LB's that seemed to help everyone on the DL...

tburg68
01-31-2013, 02:34 PM

Instead, the FO chooses to let talented high round draft choices walk away with no compensation. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems Mendy and Wallace are gone with nothing to show for them. Saddest part is the fans who are all for it.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-31-2013, 04:12 PM
I remember years of farrior busting into a hole towards the QB making the QB run left or right and then rushed by the OLB...

We used to have our 4 LB's and safeties jumping around in the box and then dispursing all around to confuse the D.. We havent been doing that... We are not fooling any OL, we just dont have the speed. Foote is not real quick..

But when we had a quick set of LB's that seemed to help everyone on the DL...

yea, that hole existed because Aaron and Casey occupied 3 or 4 blockers... the ILB does not make the DE look better

coldrolled
01-31-2013, 08:06 PM
yea, that hole existed because Aaron and Casey occupied 3 or 4 blockers... the ILB does not make the DE look better

4 quick LBs and 3 DL men are a team they make each other look good..

We have a slow Foote and a limping woodley and an old Harrison... and your worried about our DL?

We need LB's ILB and OLB

We have Woods, Hood, Heyward, alamadatammuuu all young.

K Train
02-01-2013, 10:04 AM
foote played really well last year....sure he can be upgraded but id have a hard time laying the blame on him for the defensive problems.

pass rush needs to be handled, but heyward and keisel need to be the ends and may the best man between hood, woods, mcclendon, and fangupu win the NT battle.

casey hampton looked like he was winding down for years around when tomlin was hired, but he had a heroic last wind in his career but he was terrible last season...the fact that he was getting snaps over some of these guys was ridiculous

LatrobePA
02-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Pass rush and creating more TO's and this team would of been set IMO, so I'd say just a few tweaks on D is needed..

NeilPatrickBanana
02-01-2013, 10:37 AM
4 quick LBs and 3 DL men are a team they make each other look good..

We have a slow Foote and a limping woodley and an old Harrison... and your worried about our DL?

We need LB's ILB and OLB

We have Woods, Hood, Heyward, alamadatammuuu all young.

Schematically... you're wrong.

NeilPatrickBanana
02-01-2013, 10:42 AM
foote played really well last year....sure he can be upgraded but id have a hard time laying the blame on him for the defensive problems.

pass rush needs to be handled, but heyward and keisel need to be the ends and may the best man between hood, woods, mcclendon, and fangupu win the NT battle.

casey hampton looked like he was winding down for years around when tomlin was hired, but he had a heroic last wind in his career but he was terrible last season...the fact that he was getting snaps over some of these guys was ridiculous

Agreed on all 3 points

I don't see how Hood can keep a starting DE job. He is awful.

Also agree that NT, should be a camp battle between all available bodies. Frankly, all available DL should be in competition... Al Woods~!! Come one!! Beast.

I don't know why anyone would complain about Foote... he quietly executes. Sure, and upgrade would be nice, but I'd just as soon re-sign him for cheap and start him again. Not a weak link

Real Deal Steel
02-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Again, none of us would be too upset if the Front Office used the first two picks on the linebacker positions.

LatrobePA
02-01-2013, 10:49 AM
Again, none of us would be too upset if the Front Office used the first two picks on the linebacker positions.

Ravens, Pats are two teams that stick out with rookie defenders making plays. If we draft early for a LB they need to fn start!

coldrolled
02-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Ravens, Pats are two teams that stick out with rookie defenders making plays. If we draft early for a LB they need to fn start!

Ditto... Foote is not the answer. Didnt Worilds have more sacks than Harrison?

Real Deal Steel
02-01-2013, 12:07 PM

Totally agree. We have to start getting the most out of the early draft picks.

weakdraft
02-02-2013, 05:43 PM
Well, I guess I'm the one who has to always bring the clarity........

Y'all are crying about the Steeler D? The #1 ranked D year in and year out. #1 the last 2 years?

Steelers have 3 glaring weaknesses.: 1. No pass rush. 2. No running game. 3. The whole O- no QB or line.

Black@Gold Forever32
02-02-2013, 06:39 PM
Well, I guess I'm the one who has to always bring the clarity........

Y'all are crying about the Steeler D? The #1 ranked D year in and year out. #1 the last 2 years?

Steelers have 3 glaring weaknesses.: 1. No pass rush. 2. No running game. 3. The whole O- no QB or line.

You bring clarity....funniest thing I ever read on these forums.....

weakdraft
02-02-2013, 09:04 PM
You guys are retarded for being so willing to waste draft picks this year.
If the crop sucks, trade em for another year. Why take a borderline "okay" player with a #1 , #2, or #7 ?

We lost our identity in the Burg. Thugs persona non grata isn't too smart of a policy for a football team.