PDA

View Full Version : 2013 draft is worst in my 55 year lifetime.

weakdraft
01-22-2013, 10:03 AM
I don't think this draft will produce any future stars, and there is going to be a lot of teams looking to trade picks for future drafts.

This will be the first draft in my lifetime that I won't even bother to follow.

weakdraft
01-22-2013, 10:04 AM
People think that the Linemen are deep in this draft, but thats only because there was so little talent on the reat of the field this year. There is some okay big guys tho.

weakdraft
01-22-2013, 10:21 AM
I'd just try for Fluker and Okafor, and call it a day - er, draft.

K Train
01-22-2013, 02:49 PM
this is said so often, still so early in the process. its not nearly the weak class you are making it out to be.

this is an awkward time for the draft because the new CBA rookie cap has had premium talent declare early so as a senior class, it is weak...to say no stars will come out of it is wrong

NeilPatrickBanana
01-22-2013, 03:32 PM
nonsense

weakdraft
01-23-2013, 06:35 PM
If you could pick #1 overall, who would you pick?

I trade this years #1 for 2 picks next year. I CAN'T SEE ONE SINGLE PLAYER THAT I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE. NOT ONE.

Fluker or Okafor would be okay, but I wouldn't get excited about it.

K Train
01-23-2013, 06:52 PM
for us? if im picking #1 id take Joeckel or Jones which is a nice problem to have, especially with the rookie cap you could pay a rookie OLB that much easily, without the rookie cap youd have to take Joeckel

Okafor would be a good fit, but pump the brakes on him a little bit if you have followed the draft so extensively for 55 years like you claim you would realize how nonsensical it is to say "okafor or bust"...thats ridiculous

If im the chiefs im probably taking geno smith

ChucktownSteeler
01-23-2013, 07:16 PM
Nonsense, this is a solid draft.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-23-2013, 09:40 PM
If you could pick #1 overall, who would you pick?

I trade this years #1 for 2 picks next year. I CAN'T SEE ONE SINGLE PLAYER THAT I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE. NOT ONE.

Fluker or Okafor would be okay, but I wouldn't get excited about it.

thanks for confirming you don't know anything about this draft

for the record, if the Steelers had the #1 pick, I'd be happy as **** at the choice of Woerner, JJones, or Joekel.
I'd probably take Woerner who has a JJ Watt type of game.

K Train
01-24-2013, 12:24 AM
not sure woerner is like jj watt, id say chris long...who could have gone either way as far as scheme (RE in a 34 or LE in a 43)but had a slow start but now is a DPOY type of player

but weakdrafts thoughts on the draft are just that....weak

NeilPatrickBanana
01-24-2013, 11:29 AM
not sure woerner is like jj watt, id say chris long...who could have gone either way as far as scheme (RE in a 34 or LE in a 43)but had a slow start but now is a DPOY type of player

but weakdrafts thoughts on the draft are just that....weak

I definitely think Werner/Watt is a very valid comparison. Both guys "get up" at the line of scrimmage. They get up the field, and they get off the ground. They defend the pass in multiple ways (pressure, collapse, eyes, swats, etc).

I've seen the Chris Long comparisons made plenty across draft sites. And I don't think it's a bad comparison. I just think Werner has the versatility that Watt has, and that Long lacked. Long was a 1 scheme prospect, a pure hand on the ground pass rusher. Werner can do more. He dropped weight to be a more pure pass rusher this year, he can put that weight back on and play more of an anchor like Watt.

JenZwain
01-24-2013, 11:35 AM
I'd find a way to do whatever it took next year to get Clowney.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-24-2013, 12:10 PM
I'd find a way to do whatever it took next year to get Clowney.

Cut Ben Roethlisberger, Harrison, Polamolu, Ike, Keisel, Clark and let Hampton, Lewis, Mendenhall, Foote all walk as free agents

and then we might have a chance at him lol

Clowney will be the #1 pick next year, and NO team will trade out of the #1 spot, passing on him is not an option.

So, having the worst record in football is the only way we get him

scudmissile29
01-24-2013, 12:33 PM
retarded thread.

ban this idiot.

K Train
01-24-2013, 02:24 PM
I definitely think Werner/Watt is a very valid comparison. Both guys "get up" at the line of scrimmage. They get up the field, and they get off the ground. They defend the pass in multiple ways (pressure, collapse, eyes, swats, etc).

I've seen the Chris Long comparisons made plenty across draft sites. And I don't think it's a bad comparison. I just think Werner has the versatility that Watt has, and that Long lacked. Long was a 1 scheme prospect, a pure hand on the ground pass rusher. Werner can do more. He dropped weight to be a more pure pass rusher this year, he can put that weight back on and play more of an anchor like Watt.

i dont think there were many that viewed long as a one scheme type of guy, i remember there were talks of him replacing aaron smith (before he shot up the boards to a sure top 3 guy) but he had great use of hands and could stack and shed with the best of them while getting pressure, essentially what JJ watt is now, but hes built more like long imo...watt is a good 40 pounds heavier