PDA

View Full Version : USMC's Official Pre Combine Mock Draft

USMC607
01-19-2013, 01:46 PM
Hey guys. This is my official Mock draft b4 the combine-prodays-senior bowl-shrine game etc. My next one will be after the combine. Anyway Ill do my pick followed by 3 potential alternative options with explanations/bios/stats for each with a highlight or video if i can find any. Opinions, Thoughts, Criticism is obviously welcomed for discussion since im sure i wont appeal to everybody.

USMC607
01-19-2013, 02:49 PM
Round 1 - Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon
Height: 6-7. Weight: 243.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
Jordan has 44 tackles, 10.5 tackles for a loss, three forced fumbles and five sacks so far in 2012. His pass-rush opportunities have been hurt because he is often dropped back into pass coverage. Jordan plays well in space and would definitely fit best as a 3-4 outside linebacker in the NFL. This guy is very versatile and athletic and i think he could give the steelers the ability to place him in multiple situations in multiple looks. ---- ALT's - (Manti Te'O, Barkevious Mingo, Kennan Allen)

ROUND 2 - Phillip Thomas, S, Fresno State
Height: 6-1. Weight: 215.
Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
Thomas leads the nation with eight interceptions. He had three picks against Colorado, returning two of them for touchdowns. Thomas also has recorded 82 tackles, 12 tackles for a loss, four passes broken up and four forced fumbles. He has really put himself on the map with his big plays. A ture ballhawking playmaker in the 2ndary that the steelers have not had in a long time, can spend a yr or 2 learning behind Clark and Troy and relieving them on plays.
----ALT's - (Eric Reid, Justin Hunter, Ed Lacy)

Round 3 - Larry Warford, G, Kentucky
Height: 6-3. Weight: 340.
Projected 40 Time: 5.31.
Kentucky was terrible in 2012, but Warford was very good. He opened up holes in the ground game and performed well in pass protection. Warford is a better athlete and quicker than one would think. He had an impressive senior season. Warford is also a good pass-blocker. He is strong at the point of attack and can push defensive linemen around. The senior has underrated speed and quickness for his size. Warford, Warmack and Bailey are all very comparable prospects who should turn into solid starters at guard in the NFL. ---- ALT's - (Jesse Williams, Sean Porter, Barcarri Rambo)

Round 4 - Andre Ellington, RB, Clemson
Height: 5-10. Weight: 190.
Projected 40 Time: 4.50.
Ellington had a solid senior year. His added weight allowed him to be a more effective runner between the tackles and pick up more yards after contact. He averaged 5.2 yards per carry with 1,081 yards and eight touchdowns. Ellington also caught 14 passes for 232 yards and a score. The senior has improved his draft stock. This guy would be a very good C-O-P back and could also do well for us in the return game. --- ALT's - (Kenjon Barner, Duke Williams, Ray Graham)

Round 5 - Conner Vernon, WR, Duke
Height: 6-2. Weight: 195.
Projected 40 Time: 4.50.
Vernon is a solid receiver who has a nice combination of size and quickness. He made 85 receptions for 1,074 yards and eight touchdowns this year. ----ALT's - ( Aaron Mellette, Aaron Dobson)

Round 6 - Michael Mauti, ILB, Penn State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 239.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
He finished with 97 tackles, four tackles for a loss, 2.5 sacks, three interceptions and three forced fumbles. Mauti had an interception returned 99 yards against Illinois. He drops a little bit because of his injury but he had a very productive career and LBerU is known for producing results.

ROUND 7 - Brandon Williams NT, Missouri Southern
HT - 6'2", WT - 328
40 time - 5.09
This is my sleeper pick i know his level of competition hasn't been high but i like his production and his work ethic seems like a great kid that wants to work hard to earn what he gets. Got a good head on his shoulders and a high motor to go with great frame and work ethic. This yr he had 5 forced fumbles, 8.5 sacks, and 16.5 tackles for loss. He got an invite to the senior bowl so well get a chance to see him and he may raise his stock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGSMeSZXQdM

scudmissile29
01-19-2013, 03:07 PM
Love the phillip Thomas pick

USMC607
01-19-2013, 03:10 PM
I need to put Ellington as a ALT pick in rounds 2-4. I doubt he even sniffs being close to 4 but well see.

scudmissile29
01-19-2013, 05:03 PM
Didn't notice u had ellington.

I think we would have to select him in the third round.

reminds me very much of Chris Johnson

connecticutsteel
01-19-2013, 05:21 PM
WHY WOULD YOU DIRECTLY LIFT the player descriptions from walter football ? and not give them credit for there work

scudmissile29
01-19-2013, 05:45 PM
WHY WOULD YOU DIRECTLY LIFT the player descriptions from walter football ? and not give them credit for there work

I don't think anyone cares

connecticutsteel
01-19-2013, 05:53 PM
thank you for answering that USMC607

USMC607
01-19-2013, 08:20 PM
Ya to be honest i was doing it on a fly instead of typing in stats individually... didnt think someone would blow a gasket...

I didnt mean to offend u but its not like i stole a invention or book that was gonna make them millions and i didnt take all just bits and pieces along with my own comments

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

scudmissile29
01-19-2013, 08:59 PM
connecticutsteel is just looking for an argument.

cbrunn
01-20-2013, 12:44 AM
I really like this draft

I'm not sold on Dion Jordan pass rushing ... but one thing for sure is he could drop back in coverage which we ask the OLB do more then normal

Love Philip Thomas

Not sure they take a guard in the top 3 ... maybe some oline depth 5-7... I would put Cobi Hamilton in the 3rd ... and Oline in the 5th

USMC607
01-20-2013, 12:44 AM
Ya i was kinda blind-sided on this one....

I needed their stats and instead of writing them in myself i copied and pasted, with some add-on from myself toward the end.

I mean it was my mock draft on a fan forum message board. I wasn't taking it to ESPN trying to get compensated for it.

Sheesh... Easy Tiger...

USMC607
01-20-2013, 12:49 AM
I really like this draft

I'm not sold on Dion Jordan pass rushing ... but one thing for sure is he could drop back in coverage which we ask the OLB do more then normal

Love Philip Thomas

Not sure they take a guard in the top 3 ... maybe some oline depth 5-7... I would put Cobi Hamilton in the 3rd ... and Oline in the 5th

Ya it was between Mingo or Jordan and i think with the tear in Jordans knee a team like NYJ would probably take Mingo. Which is why i picked jordan... He is also 6'7" he has a huge frame and could easily add some weight too it without looking like woodley, and that could help his strength in the pass rush as well as batting down passes... I wouldnt wanna be a QB trying to throw the ball over him as hes rushing me...

the 3rd round was a toss up between WR and OL for me and i just felt Warford had more value then any receiver that would be there at that time, since i think Hunter, Patterson, Etc Etc are all gone in the 2nd.

JenZwain
01-20-2013, 11:17 PM
Solid draft.

Love the Mauti pick.

BstripeYpaint
01-20-2013, 11:50 PM
I like your list, especially Phillip Thomas, so I'm basically just agreeing with Flame. Thomas plays like a Steeler. He's a big play guy with great hands... and he can hit hard.

BstripeYpaint
01-20-2013, 11:59 PM
I like your list, especially Phillip Thomas, so I'm basically just agreeing with Flame. Thomas plays like a Steeler. He's a big play guy with great hands... and he can hit hard.

Zachintosh66
01-21-2013, 12:14 AM

who cares... were a msg board, not a news source

USMC607
01-23-2013, 11:36 PM
Seen Brandon Williams practicing for the senior bowl.... Big guy with a high motor i cant wait to see him in the game

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

coldrolled
01-24-2013, 09:18 PM
Seen Brandon Williams practicing for the senior bowl.... Big guy with a high motor i cant wait to see him in the game

I would rather see 90 play .... and Tamamanaununu

ChucktownSteeler
01-24-2013, 09:26 PM
who cares... were a msg board, not a news source

Well the NE Patriot gad-fly jv320i always blows a gasket. But then again he is not a member of this board.

USMC607
02-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Ive been saying for a while now that mclendon is gonna be solid but in the 7th round i would take a chance on the kid. High motor very well spoken. Only concern is lack of opposing talent cause he wasnt in D-1

connecticutsteel
02-01-2013, 05:08 PM
connecticutsteel is just looking for an argument.

Ya right don't ever speak for me ******* i never looki for arguements i just get harassed by ********s named flame.