PDA

View Full Version : If the Steelers were active in Free Agency.

USMC607
01-17-2013, 11:46 PM
Who would you want them to sign, I know were over the cap so if we wish to cut a person or 2 to make it happen do it.

If we decided not to address OLB in the draft i would love for them to cut harrison and sign Cliff Avril and have him play OLB.

Crash
01-17-2013, 11:51 PM
Steven Jackson He has about 3 years left. Make him a decent offer.

Big T
01-18-2013, 12:05 AM
Avril will sign with a team desperate for a pass rusher and they'll overpay for him. I'd like to see the Steelers sign Matt Moore to be the primary back up. I'd also love to see them sign Jared Cook but if he hits the market he'll probably command more than the Steelers would be willing to pay.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-18-2013, 12:15 AM
Steven Jackson He has about 3 years left. Make him a decent offer.

9 years
2,400 carries

first, Jackson isn't a free agent. he has 1 year left on his deal.
second, that is a TON of wear for today's NFL.
third, 7 million SALARY

if the Steelers were to target a veteran back, possibly hitting the trade market, they should target Jones-Drew

7 years
1,570 Carries
1 year salary 4.95 million

NeilPatrickBanana
01-18-2013, 12:16 AM
Avril will sign with a team desperate for a pass rusher and they'll overpay for him. I'd like to see the Steelers sign Matt Moore to be the primary back up. I'd also love to see them sign Jared Cook but if he hits the market he'll probably command more than the Steelers would be willing to pay.

Cook could be so dominant in an offense that used him properly

Crash
01-18-2013, 12:16 AM
MJD would be good too. Offer two #2's and a conditional 1-3 pick.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-18-2013, 12:19 AM
MJD would be good too. Offer two #2's and a conditional 1-3 pick.

hell no... he has 1 yr left on his deal. He's a RB with 7 years of carries. He doesn't hold excessive trade value

i'd offer a 3rd and 5th and that's being generous.

Brandon Marshall was traded for two 3rds

Big T
01-18-2013, 12:22 AM
Cook could be so dominant in an offense that used him properly

No question. That's why though I'd love to see him sign here, I know that he'll he paid elsewhere.

USMC607
01-18-2013, 10:45 AM

Were not desperate for a pass rush? lol coulda fooled me:scratch:

Its all just for the sake of discussion anyway we all know the steelers rarely use FA. Let alone sign a big name.

cbrunn
01-18-2013, 10:48 AM
I would love to have a safety like Jarius Byrd

TarlsQtr
01-18-2013, 11:13 AM

Maybe, maybe not. I could easily see the Steelers FO concluding that their lack of a pass rush was more the result of injuries to Harrison and an aberration of a bad year by Woodley than indicating a need for more pass rushers. I disagree, but I could see them coming to that conclusion.

Of course, if Harrison becomes a cap casualty then it would be a big time need. Even if they keep him, we need his eventual replacement who I do not feel is currently on our roster.

Big T
01-18-2013, 11:24 AM

Its all just for the sake of discussion anyway we all know the steelers rarely use FA. Let alone sign a big name.

What I mean is, quality pass rushers are a big deal. Ignoring the fact that the Steelers never play a big role in FA, another team that does will pay loads more than the Steelers would consider.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-18-2013, 11:49 AM
I'll try to keep it realistic...

1. Beanie Wells RB - Injury history will make him an affordable back. Steelers situation will make us an attractive option for him. Play style is "Steeler Football". The Cards have a team option to keep him. With cap space becomming an issue, and cheaper options on the roster, I think there is a chance he's cut.
(I'd prefer Shonn Greene or Deangelo Williams, but I'm taking the Steelers/Affordable route)

2. Laron Landry S - the guy has flaws, and isn't a great deep safety. but when it comes to playing in the box, he is an impact player. if Troy can't stay healthy, Landry could be the future Strong.
(I'd prefer Deshon Goldson)

3. Delanie Walker TE - Criminally underrated because he plays with Davis. Would be a #1 on a lot of teams
(I'd prefer Jared Cook)

USMC607
01-18-2013, 01:35 PM
I would love to have a safety like Jarius Byrd

I have been saying that for a while now i would love that pick up... But once again i doubt it happens...

USMC607
01-18-2013, 01:37 PM
What I mean is, quality pass rushers are a big deal. Ignoring the fact that the Steelers never play a big role in FA, another team that does will pay loads more than the Steelers would consider.

Of course im sure they would get outbid...