PDA

View Full Version : People who root for Baltimore aren't true fans

scudmissile29
01-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Seriously, whoever is rooting for Baltimore, what the **** guys? seriously.

YOU never root for rivals in sport.

In my country where rivalry runs deep, you never support your rivals, in this case DIVISIONAL Rivals.

I don't care if the Pats cheated their way or whatever but for those that root for Baltimore this weekend along with their murdering linebacker aren't true fans and are just fakes. They don't know and appreciate what a rivalry is and are just along for the ride.

I don't get the Jets switch the Giants rivalry as well, there would never be this case between arsenal and Tottenham and madrid and barcelona in soccer in europe, would be unheard of.

It's a disgrace that some are even considering supporting Baltimore.

jdehoff83
01-16-2013, 08:46 PM
Ahhh the thread i was hoping to see. Exactly how i feel. Bmore is a huge rival and contributes every season to the Steelers outcome they always have a say just like the browns and bengals. Thats why i would never ever root for these teams especially bmore

HUNT4SEVEN
01-16-2013, 09:14 PM
I agree... I hate both teams anyways fuc& em BOTH...U would never hear a RAT fan talking about Ben and our offense the way some of these So called Steeler fans talk about the RATS smgdh... I guess i'm to old school.

Big T
01-16-2013, 09:54 PM
I'd rather see the Pats win the next 10 super bowls than see Baltimore win one.

TarlsQtr
01-16-2013, 10:29 PM
They can still be true fans, just horribly misguided. People say stupid things on these threads all the time (e.g. Teo is a "fraud"), but they are still true fans.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2013, 10:42 PM
Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens........I would ask for my Steelers fan card to be revoked myself if I ever root for Baltimore......I mean I don't want to root for Marsha and the Pats either but I will over the Ravens....But really I hope that somebody fire bombs the stadium wiping out both teams.....Or I can root for a ton of injuries....Would love to see Brady and Flacco both carted off the field....lol

LatrobePA
01-16-2013, 10:42 PM
I'd rather shave my sack with a rusty razor then root for the fn ravens!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2013, 10:43 PM

Big T, Tom Brady with that many Super Bowl rings......I would have to move to Iceland since the ball washing would never end......

SteelerCountry58
01-16-2013, 10:57 PM
Best case scenario is, NE knocks out the Rats and then Atlanta knocks out SF.
Then....Atlanta knocks out NE for the SB victory. Sounds good,I'll take the Rats going
down first and foremost though. F them and their black ballerina pants. :tt02:

K Train
01-16-2013, 11:10 PM
id root for the browns or bengals over the ravens in this type of situation....i just cant stand anything about the ravens. They are seriously dead last on the list of organizations in any sport period.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2013, 11:11 PM
id root for the browns or bengals over the ravens in this type of situation....i just cant stand anything about the ravens. They are seriously dead last on the list of organizations in any sport period.

What K Train said.........

K Train
01-16-2013, 11:15 PM
dont get me wrong, ravens/patriots is damn near worse case scenerio, but its easy to want the patriots to go to the superbowl (and hopefully lose, but maybe not who cares as long as it isnt the ravens) but ultimately im an NFC fan this year

Big T
01-16-2013, 11:24 PM
dont get me wrong, ravens/patriots is damn near worse case scenerio, but its easy to want the patriots to go to the superbowl (and hopefully lose, but maybe not who cares as long as it isnt the ravens) but ultimately im an NFC fan this year

Exactly. I hate having to root for the lesser of two evils, but I will root my *** of for the Pats this weekend. And then I will root my *** of for the 9ers/Falcons in a couple weeks.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Falcons are who I'm rooting for even though I hate Matty Ice....lol I do like Julio Jones.......BEAST I can't root for the Ravens or the Pats but want the Pats to blow out the Ravens.......I don't like the 49ers but I do like Kaepernick....I liked him when he played at Nevada........I remember being impressed with him when he played against Notre Dame one year but he had nobody really around him.......

jdehoff83
01-17-2013, 01:28 AM
I'd rather shave my sack with a rusty razor then root for the fn ravens!
This is the painful truth

DBR96A
01-17-2013, 01:55 AM
I do not want the 49ers to tie the Steelers in Lombardi Trophy count, period, under any circumstances. If the 49ers play the Ravens in the Super Bowl...well, two is still a lot less than six.

Raleigh Steel
01-17-2013, 07:43 AM
It's the falcons this year or who the f**k cares! If Atlanta loses to SF I will not watch the Super Bowl. I can't stand the pats, loathe the ravens and don't want SF to get their 6th. Plus I'd rather watch a say yes to the dress marathon than watch either douche-Baugh hoist the Lombardi trophy.

Come on FALCONS!!!

connecticutsteel
01-17-2013, 08:42 AM
I do not want the 49ers to tie the Steelers in Lombardi Trophy count, period, under any circumstances. If the 49ers play the Ravens in the Super Bowl...well, two is still a lot less than six.

seriously

steelcity73
01-17-2013, 09:07 AM
Seriously, whoever is rooting for Baltimore, what the **** guys? seriously.

YOU never root for rivals in sport.

In my country where rivalry runs deep, you never support your rivals, in this case DIVISIONAL Rivals.

I don't care if the Pats cheated their way or whatever but for those that root for Baltimore this weekend along with their murdering linebacker aren't true fans and are just fakes. They don't know and appreciate what a rivalry is and are just along for the ride.

I don't get the Jets switch the Giants rivalry as well, there would never be this case between arsenal and Tottenham and madrid and barcelona in soccer in europe, would be unheard of.

It's a disgrace that some are even considering supporting Baltimore.

UM ENGLISH PLEASE! Well of course it would be stupid to "ROOT" for the ravens! Obviously ENGLISH is not ROOTED in you like second nature!:yellowthumb:

ROOT:
noun
a part of the body of a plant that develops, typically, from the radicle and grows downward into the soil, anchoring the plant and absorbing nutriment and moisture.
a similar organ developed from some other part of a plant, as one of those by which ivy clings to its support.
any underground part of a plant, as a rhizome.
something resembling or suggesting the root of a plant in position or function: roots of wires and cables.
the embedded or basal portion of a hair, tooth, nail, nerve, etc

verb (used with object)
to fix by or as if by roots: We were rooted to the spot by surprise.
to implant or establish deeply: Good manners were rooted in him like a second nature.
to pull, tear, or dig up by the roots (often followed by up or out ).
to extirpate; exterminate; remove completely (often followed by up or out ): to root out crime. Synonyms: eradicate, eliminate, wipe out, obliterate.
Idioms
root and branch, utterly; entirely: to destroy something root and branch.
take root,
a.
to send out roots; begin to grow.
b.
to become fixed or established: The prejudices of parents usually take root in their children.

Real Deal Steel
01-17-2013, 09:33 AM

Exactly. Fu*k Baltimore...and the horse they rode in on!!!

Real Deal Steel
01-17-2013, 09:34 AM
It's the falcons this year or who the f**k cares! If Atlanta loses to SF I will not watch the Super Bowl. I can't stand the pats, loathe the ravens and don't want SF to get their 6th. Plus I'd rather watch a say yes to the dress marathon than watch either douche-Baugh hoist the Lombardi trophy.

Come on FALCONS!!!

F*ck all Harbaughs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

teeceemadison
01-17-2013, 09:41 AM
Best case scenario is, NE knocks out the Rats and then Atlanta knocks out SF.
Then....Atlanta knocks out NE for the SB victory. Sounds good,I'll take the Rats going
down first and foremost though. F them and their black ballerina pants. :tt02:

more or less with you on this one....the cheatriots stole their lombardis and stole their playoff wins from us.....i would be all for your scenario, but i want the cheatriots to lose big time, this week or yet another superbowl loss to add to marsha's so-called 'great career'......we can start calling him the next Jim Kelly

Nolrog
01-17-2013, 10:22 AM
New England is a rival as well. For me, it's the lesser of two evils.

scudmissile29
01-17-2013, 10:54 AM
Best thread in sometime and I agree....I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Baltimore Ravens........I would ask for my Steelers fan card to be revoked myself if I ever root for Baltimore......I mean I don't want to root for Marsha and the Pats either but I will over the Ravens....But really I hope that somebody fire bombs the stadium wiping out both teams.....Or I can root for a ton of injuries....Would love to see Brady and Flacco both carted off the field....lol

thanks, that makes my signature

scudmissile29
01-17-2013, 10:56 AM
I could care less if we have the most Lombardi's, I love the Steelers because of their defensive identity and colours. I don't love them for being the most winningest in the whole of the NFL, so I could care less if San Fran wins this season.

I would actually like to see Brady win his fourth, I'm one of the very few here that probably think he's the best qb of all time.

Rhyno
01-17-2013, 11:21 AM
I would actually like to see Brady win his fourth, I'm one of the very few here that probably think he's the best qb of all time.

That could very well be true. However, it does not make up for the fact that is the biggest bitch to ever play the game.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-17-2013, 02:28 PM
more or less with you on this one....the cheatriots stole their lombardis and stole their playoff wins from us.....i would be all for your scenario, but i want the cheatriots to lose big time, this week or yet another superbowl loss to add to marsha's so-called 'great career'......we can start calling him the next Jim Kelly

I hate the Pats and Marsha Brady but I still don't buy that they stole their play-off wins from us........Lets look at the 2001 AFC title game.......Two special teams TDs were huge in that game....The Steelers had Troy Brown stopped on the first punt return but stupid Troy Edwards committed a penalty to give Brown another shot and we all know what happened next.....Then there was a blocked field goal by the Pats that they returned for a TD........Joey Porter also dropped an INT and he would have scored on the play....So I doubt "Spy Gate" had any effect on those plays......

The 2004 AFC title game loss its rather simple......Cowher gambled early in that game and went for it on 4th and 1....Bettis was stuffed and that gave the Pats momentum.....Plus Ben was a rookie and made some costly rookie mistakes (we were lucky to survive against the Jets the week before in the divisional round).......Another huge Cowher mistake in that game as well when he decided to kick the three instead of going for the TD late in the game........Again I don't blame "Spy Gate" for that loss......

Tom Brady is far from Jim Kelly....I hate the guy but 3-2 in the Super Bowl is far different then 0-4..........

Black@Gold Forever32
01-17-2013, 02:30 PM
Reading that some people prefer the Ravens winning then the 49ers doesn't make sense...Who cares if the 49ers tie the Steelers with 6 Lombardi's?...........I know I don't and would rather the 49ers win then the Ravens.....The Falcons winning it all is perfect for me since I really don't want the Ravens, Pats, or 49ers to win it all.....But I rather see the 49ers win over the Ravens or Pats......

steelchamp204
01-17-2013, 02:33 PM
Im rooting for the Falcons and Niners. I wouldnt be pissed if The niners got there 6th, we got there first.

K Train
01-17-2013, 03:16 PM
i dont mind jim harbaugh, the only problem i have with him is his stupid ****ing face reminds me of john too much

steelchamp204
01-17-2013, 03:27 PM
I love Baltimore as City itself as I do Pittsburgh and other larger cities, well atleast the Harbor or whatnot, Plus im an Orioles fan. But I hate the ****ing ravens. I went there last summer and wore My Orioles cap with a Steelers shirt, you should have seen the weird looks I was getting. It was great haha.

LarryNJ
01-17-2013, 04:11 PM
How everyone here feels about the Pats/Ravens match up is how the rest of the country feels when the Steelers played the Cowboys in the SB. They didn't want either team to win.

tgunn86
01-17-2013, 08:52 PM
Rooting for the ravens is like rooting for satan. Enough said.

LevonKirkland99
01-17-2013, 08:54 PM
How everyone here feels about the Pats/Ravens match up is how the rest of the country feels when the Steelers played the Cowboys in the SB. They didn't want either team to win.

I want the Patriots to win...better have Brady win another Sb or advance to the SB that the Rats. I'm tired of all the coverage about Ray Lewis and the " team of destiny".

The Ravens were ONE minute away from loosing to Denver and now they'd re a team of destiny? Flacco on cover of SI?

LevonKirkland99
01-17-2013, 08:56 PM
I love Baltimore as City itself as I do Pittsburgh and other larger cities, well atleast the Harbor or whatnot, Plus im an Orioles fan. But I hate the ****ing ravens. I went there last summer and wore My Orioles cap with a Steelers shirt, you should have seen the weird looks I was getting. It was great haha.

The Os are ok until they get kicked by the NY Yankees!!

jdehoff83
01-18-2013, 07:24 AM
You mean weird like being in pitt with a Steelers Jersey and a capitals hat? ..and btw bmore is a **** hole i was down there yesterday what a great place to raise your family

steelchamp204
01-18-2013, 09:08 AM
The Os are ok until they get kicked by the NY Yankees!!

Yea man, Im just glad they beat the Rangers when noones gave them a chance. They took the Yanks to 5 so that was decent, That was the first playoff victory I saw from the O's since I was 8-9 years old. Been a long time coming.

teeceemadison
01-18-2013, 10:10 AM
I hate the Pats and Marsha Brady but I still don't buy that they stole their play-off wins from us........Lets look at the 2001 AFC title game.......Two special teams TDs were huge in that game....The Steelers had Troy Brown stopped on the first punt return but stupid Troy Edwards committed a penalty to give Brown another shot and we all know what happened next.....Then there was a blocked field goal by the Pats that they returned for a TD........Joey Porter also dropped an INT and he would have scored on the play....So I doubt "Spy Gate" had any effect on those plays......

The 2004 AFC title game loss its rather simple......Cowher gambled early in that game and went for it on 4th and 1....Bettis was stuffed and that gave the Pats momentum.....Plus Ben was a rookie and made some costly rookie mistakes (we were lucky to survive against the Jets the week before in the divisional round).......Another huge Cowher mistake in that game as well when he decided to kick the three instead of going for the TD late in the game........Again I don't blame "Spy Gate" for that loss......

Tom Brady is far from Jim Kelly....I hate the guy but 3-2 in the Super Bowl is far different then 0-4..........

If they get there and they lose, he is then 3-3, three losses in a row....smells kinda kellyish to me....

come on, you dont remember the interview with hines ward after the 04 game where he said the cheatriots were calling out the plays the steelers were going to run, that is why folks like bettis were getting stuffed, they knew the plays, ward knew they knew the plays, everyone knew....they cheated. phukkthem.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-18-2013, 12:06 PM
If they get there and they lose, he is then 3-3, three losses in a row....smells kinda kellyish to me....

come on, you dont remember the interview with hines ward after the 04 game where he said the cheatriots were calling out the plays the steelers were going to run, that is why folks like bettis were getting stuffed, they knew the plays, ward knew they knew the plays, everyone knew....they cheated. phukkthem.

I remember the interview but sounds like sour grapes to me......Sorry but we can make all the excuses we want about "Spy Gate" but like I said the 2001 AFC title game the Pats scored two special teams TD's on a Troy Brown punt return and a blocked field goal that was returned for a TD.........The Steelers had Brown stopped the first time but a stupid penalty by Troy Edwards gave Brown another shot....Plus like I said Joey Porter dropped a pick-six in that game but we lost cause of "Spy Gate".....lol The Steelers made huge mistakes in that game period......

The 2004 AFC title game....What does "Spy Gate" have to do with huge Cowher coaching blunders in that game?

I hate the Pats and Marsha but our fanbase gets so butt hurt when some question the Steelers Super Bowls in the 70s due to some players using roids......Plus look how our fanbase acted over people questioning our win in Super Bowl XL.....I just think when people bitch about "Spy Gate" and questioning the Pats Super Bowls as being legit is the samething as our fanbase getting so butt hurt when people question the Steelers titles.....

smells kinda of Kellyish? Yea 0-4 is the samething as 3-3 if Brady ends up losing another.....one guy never won a Super Bowl and lost 4 straight and Tom has 3 rings with two losses with a shot win a 4th or lose a 3rd......ridiculous comparison

Dallas Burgher
01-18-2013, 12:14 PM
Larger issues to consider. I don't want the Patriots to win another Super Bowl and get closer to the Steeler's record.

Our season is over and the Ravens have gotten this far. If they go farther they pick last in the draft.

Ideal situation is Ravens beat SF in the SB which gives the 49ers their first SB loss.

LatrobePA
01-18-2013, 01:08 PM
If Balty wins the SB they'll have that huge target on their backs which could make it fun to watch. I'd just prefer they lose Sunday and end the thought!!

Granite State Steel
01-18-2013, 06:10 PM

Try being a Steeler fan living in the heart of NE for the past decade plus. You might change your tune.

USMC607
01-18-2013, 06:22 PM
Yuck that would blow

jdehoff83
01-18-2013, 11:06 PM
Try being a Steeler fan living in the heart of NE for the past decade plus. You might change your tune.
Try being a steeler fan living near bmore

Crash
01-18-2013, 11:20 PM
In Denver after the Tebow game? Worst loss for me ever.

To lose to that clown show. Good God.

scudmissile29
01-19-2013, 07:36 AM

Try looking up the definition of what a rivalry is or what a divisional rivalry is.

What do you expect living in the Boston area, that they all think the Jets are the best in the world?

I'm sure if he came near Pittsburgh he would hear the same ****.

Granite State Steel
01-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Try looking up the definition of what a rivalry is or what a divisional rivalry is.

What do you expect living in the Boston area, that they all think the Jets are the best in the world?

I'm sure if he came near Pittsburgh he would hear the same ****.

So true. Actually, I'm born and bred from the Pittsburgh area. So I know. Family is still there. We make our pilgrimage every year. In fact right near 'ol Latrobe, so I know both worlds. Old enough to have seen every Super Bowl and even home games back in Three Rivers. So I get it.

Just pointing out that it's frustrating watching the Pat's go this far every so many years in this area. Even though…and I know I'm going to rock some peoples world, but as much as I'm fine if the Ravens win, in the end, what is there really to hate about the Pat's. Living in the area I know them as well as the Black and Gold at this point. That is one class team. Oh I said it! Sure I feel our organization is better, but just calling it as it is.

And by the way, I'm a diehard fan for forty some years now. Who do I hate?! The Cowboys, and the Raiders. The old schoolers would know why.

The Ravens? It's ebb and flow. We'll be back.

lancer89074
01-21-2013, 06:50 AM
Baltimore did something that the Steelers have never done and that is beat a Brady led Patriots team in the playoffs. I am proud that a team from our division represents the AFC in the super bowl... go Ravens!!!

Ravenous Rex
01-21-2013, 01:43 PM
I agree... I hate both teams anyways fuc& em BOTH...U would never hear a RAT fan talking about Ben and our offense the way some of these So called Steeler fans talk about the RATS smgdh... I guess i'm to old school.

Ummm. You're wrong, but I wouldn't expected a close minded fan still living with his parents like you to understand this concept. It's called sportsmanship. There was a time I rooted for the Steelers when they beat us to rep the division well. But it's only after you win a couple rings and fans like you become intolerable in you vicarious living thru your team with trash talk, that respect turns to disdain. But has fun rooting against us in two weeks, just like u have the past 3...

Granite State Steel
01-21-2013, 01:48 PM
Baltimore did something that the Steelers have never done and that is beat a Brady led Patriots team in the playoffs. I am proud that a team from our division represents the AFC in the super bowl... go Ravens!!!

Amen Lancer. And wow…you said all of that without swearing. How refreshing!

LatrobePA
01-21-2013, 01:51 PM

**** Brady and the ravens and your post!

North Steel
01-21-2013, 01:58 PM
**** Brady and the ravens and your post!

WTF in a previous post u were sucking Flacco's dick like a champ on how he is an elite QB.

Clevelandsux
01-21-2013, 07:45 PM
I might hate the pats more than the ravens. I don't lke the ravens just like I don't like the bengals. I despise the Cleveland browns the most. Why? Because I live in Ohio and hate there obnoxious fans. I don't ever want to see Cleveland win a sb or any other major sport championship. Some of you said u hoped the steelers would lose to the browns the final game. I was like no way!

While I don't like the ravens, I don't hate them like I hate the browns. But really have the ravens ever won a big game vs the steelers? I mean we are 3-0 vs them in the playoffs. The pats on the other hand have owned us. Maybe if I lived in baltimorevi would hate the ravens worse. But to me my true hatred is the Cleveland browns. I never want to see that team or there fans win anything, ever. Most ignorant fan base in the league.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-21-2013, 09:14 PM

:iagree:

You couldn't pay me to cheer for Baltimore, ever, period. I love it when you hear people say, "well you should root for your conference" or "why not cheer for another team in your division for the benefit of exposure"...

Seriously, WTF is that! There is no way you cheer for a hated rival, ever period, especially in your own division. Just turn in your Steelers card and walk away to Baltimore.

North Steel
01-21-2013, 09:27 PM
Even if Flakeo wins the SB and all u fu*king flakes think he is an elite QB I would never come out and say he is for the simple reason he's wearing the wrong fu*king uniform.:helmet:

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-21-2013, 09:48 PM
Pathetic that this should even be discussed. But, that is the beauty of this forum. Most anything to do with the Steelers, their fans, and the rest of the NFhell is welcome. I personally would permit my execution if I was found cheering for anyone or any team besides the Steelers.

greg1964
01-22-2013, 07:02 AM
I HATE the ratbirds (i.e. Ravens) with a passion: but the question is: Do I want to live with the Ravens winning another Super Bowl (bad choice) or with the 49ers winnnig there SIXETH Super Bowl. (worst choice)

I'm willing to suffer one year of ratbird crowing, then the 49ers tieing the Steelers in total championships.

SnakeEyes43
01-22-2013, 07:24 AM
49ers all the way, F**K THE RATBIRDS! Maybe 49ers having six will give our team motivation to win one more. No way do I want Flacco having a ring, or Lewis having a stab at riding off into the sunset.

Real Deal Steel
01-22-2013, 09:05 PM
This is the worse position for us as Steelers fans to be in. It would be best for both teams to be held hostage until after the allotted super bowl time and then the league would be forced to just declare two conference champions and that's that. :yesnod:

LatrobePA
01-22-2013, 10:35 PM
49ers all the way, F**K THE RATBIRDS! Maybe 49ers having six will give our team motivation to win one more. No way do I want Flacco having a ring, or Lewis having a stab at riding off into the sunset.

Pun intended?? lol

LevonKirkland99
01-23-2013, 12:17 AM
Steelers way is the only way.

coldrolled
01-23-2013, 07:55 AM
Big T, Tom Brady with that many Super Bowl rings......I would have to move to Iceland since the ball washing would never end......

Ditto

coldrolled
01-23-2013, 08:00 AM
I HATE the ratbirds (i.e. Ravens) with a passion: but the question is: Do I want to live with the Ravens winning another Super Bowl (bad choice) or with the 49ers winnnig there SIXETH Super Bowl. (worst choice)

I'm willing to suffer one year of ratbird crowing, then the 49ers tieing the Steelers in total championships.

We will instantly be second rate if the 49ers win 6... It will be bad if the ravens win too... i think the ravens implode with retirement and boosted FA salaries if they win.. we will be battling the Bengals for the next 5 years either way...

LatrobePA
01-23-2013, 12:34 PM
How about Torrey Smith saying how the pats fans were taunting him about his dead brother. That's some low class **** right there!

SnakeEyes43
01-23-2013, 01:13 PM
How about Torrey Smith saying how the pats fans were taunting him about his dead brother. That's some low class **** right there!

That's low, but honestly...not suprised at all.

LatrobePA
01-23-2013, 01:15 PM
That's low, but honestly...not suprised at all.

Brady's slide to the crotch of Ed Reed says it all.

scudmissile29
01-23-2013, 01:47 PM

obviously not a fan.

some people act as if we own the lombardi.

We weren't the first to 1,2,3 or 5

So I don't know why 6 is so ****ing precious.

SuperSteelers
01-25-2013, 02:28 AM
obviously not a fan.

some people act as if we own the lombardi.

We weren't the first to 1,2,3 or 5

So I don't know why 6 is so ****ing precious.

I liked your old avatar better and to answer your question a lot of fans want 6 to belong to the Steelers as long as possible so they can throw it back in other team fan's faces.