PDA

View Full Version : Le'Veon Bell ???

VTSteelerfan
01-16-2013, 10:27 AM
What's our chances on drafting this kid.. He's a big back that not afraid to pound the middle like Bettis...

USMC607
01-16-2013, 11:07 AM
He did well in college. But hes a little bit too tall (i think hes 6'2") IMHO. I love his size and aggression but i like my RB's to be built a little bit lower to the ground. My RB of choice is deff Ed Lacy.

But Bell is not a bad choice.

cbrunn
01-16-2013, 12:01 PM
My question is why do all Steeler fans want the Bus ... he was great ... but I doubt there will be any other huge RB like the bus to come around...

Now we already have pounders up the Middle with Dywer and Redman ... Dywer age is like he's a rookie now, so take that into consideration

We need a change of pace back / 3rd down back... my choices would be in this order

Mike Gillislee (best all around RB, 3 down RB...and I think will run faster than PPL expect at the combine)
Andre Ellington
Kenjon Barner
Robbie Rouse

LatrobePA
01-16-2013, 01:19 PM
I think we just want a durable feature back. Not this tick, tack, toe BS Tomlin tried.

USMC607
01-16-2013, 02:10 PM
Ya i dont want the reincarnation of the Bus.. Obviously no one is the NFL or from what i can see in college has the same physical attributes as the bus. That type of RB looks like it has died out.

But I do want a everydown break down the defense during the game RB...

Redman has had a while to prove he is that back, and he has shown flashes. But there just isnt enough there and his development isnt improving at a great pace. I think what we see is what we get with him. Good in spot work.

Dwyer i would keep him because he is very young still. But im also trying to be realistic about how high his ceiling is too. I just dont have the feeling like hes our RB of the future... I just dont...

A guy like Ed Lacy could be that guy.

As far as a change of pace back... EVERYONE always wants a change of pace back... Which in some ways its good to have a lightning to a thunder type combo. But :imho: im just not impressed with those types of backs. They are usually small, cant break tackles and are only worth a damn if the get to the edge or find a decent hole in the line and get into open space...
And with our Oline problems id rather have a bigger back that can break a few tackles and at least push the pile forward (Which Dwyer, Redman cant even do).
A change of pace back cant do that and until our Oline is healthy and the kinks get fixed would be useless to us.

USMC607
01-16-2013, 02:13 PM
kenjon Barner tho i would draft on his returning ability alone... Especially with Rainey no longer on the team.

cbrunn
01-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Mike Gillislee has the potential to me to be the best RB in this years Class

Best pass protector , Least amount of wear and tear , a good pass catcher , and explosiveness ... maybe not the most powerful but he can get the job done

Zachintosh66
01-16-2013, 03:59 PM
theres the problem... there has only been one jerome bettis ever... yet everyone wants another. reality is that just wont happen.

i dont want a bettis, i want a game changer who holds on to the ball and isnt a headcase...

coldrolled
01-16-2013, 04:17 PM
I think we just want a durable feature back. Not this tick, tack, toe BS Tomlin tried.

Adrian Peterson wouldnt even play if tomlin was his coach...

LatrobePA
01-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Adrian Peterson wouldnt even play if tomlin was his coach...

Sad but prolly true...

USMC607
01-16-2013, 05:15 PM
Sad but prolly true...

Ya, He'd fumble once and be deactivated for 3 weeks, in place of (Insert garbage back here)

LatrobePA
01-16-2013, 05:43 PM
Ya, He'd fumble once and be deactivated for 3 weeks, in place of (Insert garbage back here)

lol so I wasn't the only one that saw that!

SteelerCountry58
01-16-2013, 10:18 PM
I like Bell,he's a load to bring down. I could see him and Dwyer wearing down people no doubt.
We could use a little scat back too so it depends on what round we might address the RB position.
I wouldn't pick a back until the third or fourth round so who knows who will still be on the board.
I'd take any one of...Bell/Gillislee/Barner/Lacy/Ball/Line/Rouse/Michele etc.... You'd have a instant
contributor with any one of those guys listed and then some.

Mike Tomlin
01-17-2013, 05:24 AM
I like that kid Zac Stacy out of Vanderbilt, short tough runner with good speed. This kid finishes every run, hell he had back to back 1000 yard seasons in the SEC.

USMC607
01-17-2013, 11:34 AM
I heard Graham is having a hell of a showing in practice for the shrine game... Interesting option in rds 3-4

Especially if we dont jump on Lacy...

LatrobePA
01-17-2013, 12:20 PM
They'll bring in a FA RB...

coldrolled
01-17-2013, 08:44 PM
They'll bring in a FA RB...

hmm... im thinking any round the BPA is a RB we get him fast...

JenZwain
01-17-2013, 09:53 PM
Bell would be a good RB

For returns, take a chance 6 or 7 round on matheiu

LatrobePA
01-17-2013, 10:34 PM
No Reggie, maybe Jackson? Beenie?!

USMC607
01-17-2013, 11:32 PM
Beenie?!

For the love of god please no....

USMC607
01-17-2013, 11:38 PM
I still think we need to draft a starting RB early on in the draft...

I would like to pick up Danny Woodhead as our Passing Downs, Kick returner RB tho since rainey is gone...