PDA

View Full Version : Browns new stadium name, First Energy Stadium

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2013, 03:35 PM
Oh great, now I need to find a new electric supplier.

I don't bank at M&T ever because they support the Ravens and now I need to find someone else to supply our electric, if that's even possible. WTF, I better not get some stupid Cleveland Browns **** in my mail now from them :rant2:

We knew on Monday that FirstEnergy Corp. was purchasing the naming rights of Cleveland Browns Stadium. What we didn't know was the name.

The Browns unveiled FirstEnergy Stadium, Home of the Cleveland Browns. I personally preferred FirstEnergy Field, but I'm not the one putting up millions of dollars. Browns owner Jimmy Haslam told reporters that terms of the deal with FirstEnergy will remain private.

The stadium was built in 1999, when the Browns returned to the league, and it had been named Cleveland Browns Stadium until the team sold the naming rights this week.

The Steelers sold the naming rights for Heinz Field for $57 million over 20 years. The Ravens got $75 million over five years for M&T Bank Stadium.

The only stadium in the division without a corporate sponsor is Cincinnati's Paul Brown

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/63643/firstenergy-stadium-is-new-home-of-browns