PDA

View Full Version : Chuck's pre-Mock 1.0

ChucktownSteeler
01-15-2013, 08:04 AM
I am sure this will change a bit, including Lacy moving up (a made this before the BCS Championship game). Here's my first pre-Mock 1.0:

Round 1: Barkevious Mingo - OLB, LSU Possibilities - Minter, Okafor, Vaccaro. Linebacker is a must. I am still convinced Hightower was our pick last year until DeCastro fell in our laps.

Round 2: Eric Reid, S, LSU (Maybe Lacy here, but a RB is a definite need)

Round 3: Ed Lacy , RB - Alabama (his stock on the rise, we may need to grab him Round 2). If so, best S left is taken here.

Round 4: Zac Dysert - QB - Miami (Second in most Miami, Ohio QB records by a fellow named Roethlesberger). Big kid, time to draft a legitimate back-up QB, why not Dysert? Could be Landry as well.

Round 5: Ryan Swope, WR - Texas A&M - Big play maker - Good-bye Wallace.

Round 6: D.J. Swearinger, S - South Carolina - Play making ball-hawk that delivers big time hits. From the SEC, need I say more? Oh, Clowney's team-mate on a punishing defense.

Round 7: Brian Winters, OT - Kent State - Big time potential from a small school (my alma-mater, aka Linebacker U. (Lambert, Harrison). Also NFL players: Cribbs, Antonio Gates, and Edelman.

USMC607
01-15-2013, 03:26 PM
Ya your right Lacy is probably in the 2nd round now... But if that draft happened i would be totally content...

Since Lacy probably goes in the 2nd tho and i think we need a good RB... id take him in the 2nd and replace lacy in the 3rd with Rambo... that would be a good draft too Mingo, Lacy, Rambo, Dysert, Swope, Swearinger, Winters... Id take it...

CaptainJapan
01-16-2013, 09:08 AM
swope will never be there in the 5th

K Train
01-16-2013, 11:18 AM
I am sure this will change a bit, including Lacy moving up (a made this before the BCS Championship game). Here's my first pre-Mock 1.0:

Round 1: Barkevious Mingo - OLB, LSU Possibilities - Minter, Okafor, Vaccaro. Linebacker is a must. I am still convinced Hightower was our pick last year until DeCastro fell in our laps.

Round 2: Eric Reid, S, LSU (Maybe Lacy here, but a RB is a definite need)

Round 3: Ed Lacy , RB - Alabama (his stock on the rise, we may need to grab him Round 2). If so, best S left is taken here.

Round 4: Zac Dysert - QB - Miami (Second in most Miami, Ohio QB records by a fellow named Roethlesberger). Big kid, time to draft a legitimate back-up QB, why not Dysert? Could be Landry as well.

Round 5: Ryan Swope, WR - Texas A&M - Big play maker - Good-bye Wallace.

Round 6: D.J. Swearinger, S - South Carolina - Play making ball-hawk that delivers big time hits. From the SEC, need I say more? Oh, Clowney's team-mate on a punishing defense.

Round 7: Brian Winters, OT - Kent State - Big time potential from a small school (my alma-mater, aka Linebacker U. (Lambert, Harrison). Also NFL players: Cribbs, Antonio Gates, and Edelman.
mingo, reid and lacy would be amazing, but i highly doubt lacy falls past the first couple picks in the second round.

take it easy with linebacker U lol, theres about 15 other schools that deserve that title over kent lol

dont like dysert, just cause he played at bens school doesnt mean he should back up ben

ill make my first mock sometime in the next few days

USMC607
01-16-2013, 01:24 PM
mingo, reid and lacy would be amazing, but i highly doubt lacy falls past the first couple picks in the second round.

take it easy with linebacker U lol, theres about 15 other schools that deserve that title over kent lol

dont like dysert, just cause he played at bens school doesnt mean he should back up ben

ill make my first mock sometime in the next few days

If his mock happened i would be happy but there is no way swope is there in the 5th...

And i havent been a member very long but i have viewed the board a while b4 that, and i always look forward to Trains mocks... Especially because you normally get some picks right.

I still have yet to do my official pre combine one too, just been doing alot of In my dreams mocks...

JollyRob68
01-16-2013, 03:50 PM
ill make my first mock sometime in the next few days[/QUOTE]

Hell Yeah, Cant wait Ktrain

connecticutsteel
01-17-2013, 07:50 AM
Dysert is rated 3rd on a number of boards if he goes he will go in the bottom of 1 or 2 .the thing that stands out to me about him is the numbers he put up with no talent around him but i understand it's the MAC .I too will be soon posting my first mock

ChucktownSteeler
01-22-2013, 07:42 PM
Chuck's pre-Mock 1.1

Round 1: IT HAS TO BE LB and comes down to team-mates: Barkevious Mingo - OLB, LSU OR Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU, 6-2, 244, the 3rd best rated LB in the draft. Foote and Harrison long of tooth, Woodley has disappointed of late and Spence coming off serious knee injury and never has played a down in the NFL. Our defense lives or dies by the play of the LB.

Round 2: Ed Lacy , RB - Alabama (his stock on the rise, I had him Round 3 previous mock, we have to grab him in Round 2). Our running game quite possibly the worst shape in 20 years. For an organization that prides itself in the run this is unacceptable. Look for a RB in Round 2 and if Lacy is there it will be him.

Round 3: Zac Dysert - QB - Miami (Second in most Miami, Ohio QB records by a fellow named Roethlesberger). Big kid, time to draft a legitimate back-up QB, why not Dysert? Could be Landry as well. Time to draft a legitimate #2 QB to groom.

Round 4: Ryan Swope, WR - Texas A&M - Big play maker - Good-bye Wallace. Need to snag him here. He won't last much longer.

Round 5: Brian Winters, OT - Kent State - We still need to shore up that OL. Big time potential from a small school (my alma-mater, aka Linebacker U. (Lambert, Harrison). Also NFL players: Cribbs, Antonio Gates, and Edelman.

Round 6: T.J. McDonald, S - USC - We get our USC safety, but it is not Swearinger from USC (South Carolina). Swearinger missed bowl game and did not cancel, effectively eliminating himself from consideration by the Steelers. McDonald has size (6-3, 205), but a little raw. He can sit a year and learn from Clark, Troy, and Lake.

Round 7: Bruce Taylor, LB - VT - Good prospect, special teams ace, depth at LB.

K Train
01-22-2013, 07:51 PM
in what world is TJ mcdonald a 6th rounder

ChucktownSteeler
01-22-2013, 07:54 PM
in what world is TJ mcdonald a 6th rounder

In Chuck's world. LOL. He may go higher. This is still a pre-Mock, although it is now 1.1

BstripeYpaint
01-22-2013, 09:46 PM
I have experienced twinges of envy every time I watched Trent Richardson carry the ball for the Browns. We need a tough, reliable guy like that (like we always had in the past!). My wish is that we get Eddie Lacy. Of him, it has been written that "he will make his money between the tackles". Lacy will convert those 3rd & shorts. So, the collective hope of Steeler Nation should be that Eddie Lacy is there when make our pick.

polamalu43
01-23-2013, 12:25 AM
I have a hard time taking a RB early but when you look at Doug Martin and Trent Richardson it makes a case. Look at the NE backfield. They always have a serviceable RB because Brady stays on his feet. He usually has a couple good receivers and then some retreads like Stallworth and Branch.

I am flip flopping all over the place but maybe we trade back and take the TE from Stanford and grab an extra 3rd. Round 2 we look for a WR and then round 3 we go Rambo and a LB?

Thoughts. When was Ridley or Vereen drafted?

Just looked it up........Ridley 73 and Vereen at 56

coldrolled
01-23-2013, 09:45 AM
Montee Ball or Stephan Taylor if lacy is taken...

ChucktownSteeler
01-23-2013, 11:34 AM
I have a hard time taking a RB early but when you look at Doug Martin and Trent Richardson it makes a case. Look at the NE backfield. They always have a serviceable RB because Brady stays on his feet. He usually has a couple good receivers and then some retreads like Stallworth and Branch.

I am flip flopping all over the place but maybe we trade back and take the TE from Stanford and grab an extra 3rd. Round 2 we look for a WR and then round 3 we go Rambo and a LB?

Thoughts. When was Ridley or Vereen drafted?

Just looked it up........Ridley 73 and Vereen at 56

We had serviceable running backs last year. How'd that work out?