PDA

View Full Version : Watching these playoffs has me convinced.....

Get7With7
01-13-2013, 02:32 PM
....that the Steelers WR trio are just a bunch of punks. Not every pass from the QBs in the playoffs has been perfect, but the WRs are actually making adjustments to make the catch, or jumping in the air, putting their bodies at risk to make a play. Do the Steelers WRs ever do that? They never make adjustments, they never jump up to grab the ball out of the air. Whenever there's an incompletion, they just throw their hands up in the air like "what am I supposed to do?"

And of course, the balls that are perfectly thrown get dropped or caught then fumbled. But they still act like their hot **** even though they haven't won anything. Ben was not good after returning from injury, but he gets no help. He's surrounded by mostly clowns on offense with a few exceptions.

Hopefully these punks eat some humble pie in the off season.

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 02:35 PM
This whole team needs some humble pie.

Especially the o-line coach and whoever is responsible for their conditioning.

Crash
01-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Too many social media giants on the Steelers.

Like MM said, focus on football ONE week without social media. We'll see how they play.

NYCsteelersfan
01-13-2013, 02:56 PM
I've been saying this for years. Holmes was the closest thing we had to a #1 receiver since Ward had already become too old. And even Holmes wasn't on par with other #1 and really good #2 receivers int he league. Roethlisberger has to make the perfect throw on every pass for these worthless receivers to make the catch while Eli Manning, Rodgers and Flacco have to just get the ball int he receivers vicinity. It's really frustrating to watch.

NYCsteelersfan
01-13-2013, 02:58 PM
This whole team needs some humble pie.

Especially the o-line coach and whoever is responsible for their conditioning.

Watching the o-line compared to the o-lines of the "elite" quarterbacks is also very frustrating. Eli Manning has 3-5 COMFORTABLE seconds in the pocket on nearly every snap while Roethlisberger has no pocket from the moment the ball is snapped. It's been the same miserable story for at least 4 seasons now.

Get7With7
01-13-2013, 03:19 PM
Too many social media giants on the Steelers.

Like MM said, focus on football ONE week without social media. We'll see how they play.

Go further than that. Ban twitter and other social media from the beginning of training camp all the way until the end of the Steelers' season.

Also, the WRs should be forced to focus on actually getting better instead of what dance move they're going to preform after they make a routine 5 yard catch for a first down.

Zachintosh66
01-13-2013, 03:39 PM
whoever is responsible for their conditioning.

shouldn't they (the players) be held accountable... they are supposed to be "professionals"

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 03:52 PM
watching this season, and these playoffs has me convinced that the QB position has been forever changed.

the "Athlete" QB's have caught up to the "Pocket" QB's. These guys now have big time arms, high football IQ's, and incredible passing talent to go along with their RB/WR like athleticism. Kaepernick is a freak athlete, and also happens to have a ****ing cannon arm. Andrew Luck and Rodgers are elite passers with the athleticism to get it done with their legs as well.

Lets see what Wilson does with 3 minutes left... because as a football fan, i want to see wilson vs kaepernick next week. strong defenses with new school QBs... YES PLEASE!

NYCsteelersfan
01-13-2013, 03:57 PM
watching this season, and these playoffs has me convinced that the QB position has been forever changed.

the "Athlete" QB's have caught up to the "Pocket" QB's. These guys now have big time arms, high football IQ's, and incredible passing talent to go along with their RB/WR like athleticism. Kaepernick is a freak athlete, and also happens to have a ****ing cannon arm. Andrew Luck and Rodgers are elite passers with the athleticism to get it done with their legs as well.

Lets see what Wilson does with 3 minutes left... because as a football fan, i want to see wilson vs kaepernick next week. strong defenses with new school QBs... YES PLEASE!

As a quarterback and ESPN ball-washer, you want to see two of ESPN's favorites on the same field so your mouth won't have to take a break from sucking quarterback meat. You probably thought Vick was going to be great as well.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 04:00 PM
As a quarterback and ESPN ball-washer, you want to see two of ESPN's favorites on the same field so your mouth won't have to take a break from sucking quarterback meat. You probably thought Vick was going to be great as well.

Vick never was a good passer

which QBs are ESPNs favorites? list them please.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 04:04 PM
and russel gets it done

maybe you should start listening to me... or espn

at least we know that if Ben Roethlisberger did that in the 2nd half of a playoff game, you would suck him off, right? your just a monogamous QB **** sucker

NYCsteelersfan
01-13-2013, 04:07 PM
and russel gets it done

maybe you should start listening to me... or espn

at least we know that if Ben Roethlisberger did that in the 2nd half of a playoff game, you would suck him off, right? your just a monogamous QB **** sucker

Russel? You mean Wilson? Let me guess, you were having flashbacks of sucking off Jamarcus Russel as well?

Ryan shits the bed in the playoffs like always. Nothing new. Just another quarterback that you secretly think is better than Roethlisberger, but you're afraid to admit it because you know you'll get flamed.

Farrior Fan
01-13-2013, 04:08 PM
I don't care what anyone says, I would trade Ben and Wallace for Russell Wilson right now.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 04:09 PM
wow...

NYCsteelersfan
01-13-2013, 04:10 PM
I don't care what anyone says, I would trade Ben and Wallace for Russell Wilson right now.

As stupid as that is, I would too. Roethlisberger is only a couple hits away from having his career ended. At least Wilson can survive for about 2-3 seasons behind this offensive line. Maybe.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 04:10 PM
Russel? You mean Wilson? Let me guess, you were having flashbacks of sucking off Jamarcus Russel as well?

Ryan shits the bed in the playoffs like always. Nothing new. Just another quarterback that you secretly think is better than Roethlisberger, but you're afraid to admit it because you know you'll get flamed.

OOPS

Farrior Fan
01-13-2013, 04:12 PM
OOPS

LOL, its not over yet! Wilson has a rocket for an arm.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2013, 04:23 PM
But all that talk of the new generation QB and there is only one of them types left in the post-season........Wilson had a damn good rookie year but....Can he do it again?....NFL defenses always adjust.........

NYCsteelersfan
01-13-2013, 04:24 PM
OOPS

Ryan still **** the bed with 2 INTs. What happened to your "maybe you should start listening to me....or ESPN"?

NYCsteelersfan
01-13-2013, 04:25 PM
But all that talk of the new generation QB and there is only one of them types left in the post-season........Wilson had a damn good rookie year but....Can he do it again?....NFL defenses always adjust.........

Exactly.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 04:31 PM

yea, the 2nd year guy is still playing... all 3 ROOKIES are now out.

sure RG3's knee is going to be a huge set back... maybe he'll never be the same.

Wilson is a born leader with ice in his veins. I don't see any reason to believe he won't continue to grow as a player. He carried that team back into a game they were getting blown out of...and was 30 seconds away from the 2nd biggest playoff come back ever...

TarlsQtr
01-13-2013, 04:32 PM

But before Ben, each one of them would have had seasons that could only be described as "unprecedented." They all went to flawed teams but had fantastic seasons. Even Brady does not make the SB some years.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 04:32 PM
Ryan still **** the bed with 2 INTs. What happened to your "maybe you should start listening to me....or ESPN"?

i don't think ryan is anything special... he's like a pre-elbow injury Carson Palmer. He's good enough to take a good team to the playoffs.

you don't like any QB that anyone could possibly see better qualities in than Ben. Your a jealous girlfriend.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2013, 04:37 PM
yea, the 2nd year guy is still playing... all 3 ROOKIES are now out.

sure RG3's knee is going to be a huge set back... maybe he'll never be the same.

Wilson is a born leader with ice in his veins. I don't see any reason to believe he won't continue to grow as a player. He carried that team back into a game they were getting blown out of...and was 30 seconds away from the 2nd biggest playoff come back ever...

I agree that Wilson is a damn good young player but NFL defenses always adjust....I want to see him do it again before putting him in Canton, Ohio.......

I don't have any doubts about Luck or RGIII......As you see I was just talking about Wilson and want to see him doing it again.....All I'm saying this isn't the first time we heard about QB's who could run/throw and how they're going to dominate the NFL........I willing to bet its going to be Ryan/Brady in the Super Bowl....more of the traditional type QB............

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2013, 04:38 PM
God forbid I question Russell Wilson?....Jesus Christ I thought I was on Seahawks forum for a minute.....lol

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 04:42 PM
I agree that Wilson is a damn good young player but NFL defenses always adjust....I want to see him do it again before putting him in Canton, Ohio.......

I don't have any doubts about Luck or RGIII......As you see I was just talking about Wilson and want to see him doing it again.....All I'm saying this isn't the first time we heard about QB's who could run/throw and how they're going to dominate the NFL........I willing to bet its going to be Ryan/Brady in the Super Bowl....more of the traditional type QB............

no, this is simply the first time 4 of them went to the playoffs the same year and all at such a young age. before the season started, no one had luck, rg, or wilson taking their teams anywhere... but they did.

yes, defenses will adjust... but game changing QBs are the name of the game, no matter what style of football they play. and these guys are game changers.

sorry, as NYC said... i suck a ton of QB dong. i just cant get enough of the frothy QB conversations.

NYCsteelersfan
01-13-2013, 04:42 PM
God forbid I question Russell Wilson?....Jesus Christ I thought I was on Seahawks forum for a minute.....lol

It's that whole fantasy football ESPN young quarterback groupie thing. They like latching their mouths onto that young quarterback while ESPN rants and raves about how he's going to be great. Then the following year, when that quarterback sucks, they latch onto the next young first-year quarterback. Keeps them moving.

NYCsteelersfan
01-13-2013, 04:44 PM
sorry, as NYC said... i suck a ton of QB dong. i just cant get enough of the frothy QB conversations.

Everyone already knows. Everyone also knows your hidden agenda of knocking Roethlisberger because his dick is too old and not flashy enough for you.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 04:45 PM
It's that whole fantasy football ESPN young quarterback groupie thing. They like latching their mouths onto that young quarterback while ESPN rants and raves about how he's going to be great. Then the following year, when that quarterback sucks, they latch onto the next young first-year quarterback. Keeps them moving.

it's the whole analyzing performance thing. it's over your head.

look up

teabag

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2013, 04:48 PM
no, this is simply the first time 4 of them went to the playoffs the same year and all at such a young age. before the season started, no one had luck, rg, or wilson taking their teams anywhere... but they did.

yes, defenses will adjust... but game changing QBs are the name of the game, no matter what style of football they play. and these guys are game changers.

I'm a big time Colts hater but I even told one of my best friends who loves the Colts that the Colts had a shot at the play-offs this year since I thought Luck would have a impact....I also like RGIII big time at Baylor and wasn't shocked at all by his success or the teams.....I'm glad Kaepernick got his shot since Alex Smith is a bum and hell I even drafted Russell Wilson on one of my fantasy teams (won the championship in that league)......But all I'm saying its not a lock for them all to make the play-offs next year or even win Super Bowls.......My personal opinion Wilson will be the long shot of the four to sustain his success.......

LevonKirkland99
01-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Guys, I know things can get heated sometines...but can we keep it clean and not resort to name calling. You can argue, but respect each other.

Now who gives a #uck about Wilson or Flacco?

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 05:06 PM
I'm a big time Colts hater but I even told one of my best friends who loves the Colts that the Colts had a shot at the play-offs this year since I thought Luck would have a impact....I also like RGIII big time at Baylor and wasn't shocked at all by his success or the teams.....I'm glad Kaepernick got his shot since Alex Smith is a bum and hell I even drafted Russell Wilson on one of my fantasy teams (won the championship in that league)......But all I'm saying its not a lock for them all to make the play-offs next year or even win Super Bowls.......My personal opinion Wilson will be the long shot of the four to sustain his success.......

i didn't say anything about next year.

there's this weird "anti QB" sentiment here. a weird result of Ben never really entering that elite realm we all expected him to preach (and ironically, began expecting after his rookie year).

guys like NYCDingleberry hate any praise of a young QB... but that don't actually "talk" QB... I recognize that Kaepernick is a freakish athlete, but he can make throws a lot of QBs can't. His arm strength is off the charts. The fact that he is going to be groomed by a quality former NFL QB... sky is the limit.

NYCsteelersfan
01-13-2013, 05:17 PM
i didn't say anything about next year.

there's this weird "anti QB" sentiment here. a weird result of Ben never really entering that elite realm we all expected him to preach (and ironically, began expecting after his rookie year).

guys like NYCDingleberry hate any praise of a young QB... but that don't actually "talk" QB... I recognize that Kaepernick is a freakish athlete, but he can make throws a lot of QBs can't. His arm strength is off the charts. The fact that he is going to be groomed by a quality former NFL QB... sky is the limit.

You're a punk. I've said it before and will continue to say it. You're too scared to straight up bash Roethlisberger, which is what you want to do, so instead you make subtle swipes like "he can do things other quarterbacks can't do, but he's not a great or accurate passer."

You claim he's in your top 5 in the league, but then you say he's not elite. The biggest compliment you've ever given him is that "he's hard to bring down."

However, contrary to your moronic opinion, he's 9th all time in QB rating, ranked right up there with some of the great quarterbacks of all time. And anyone who isn't a highlight reel obsessed ESPN fanboy like yourself knows that there is no way someone can get on that list by just being "hard to take down." He's an elite passer and he's an elite quarterback and he does it with far less tools than other quarterbacks in the league have to work with.

You're not fooling anyone. Just come out and be the Roethlisberger hater that you are.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 05:32 PM
You're a punk. I've said it before and will continue to say it. You're too scared to straight up bash Roethlisberger, which is what you want to do, so instead you make subtle swipes like "he can things other quarterbacks can do, but he's not a great or accurate passer."

You claim he's in your top 5 in the league, but then you say he's not elite. The biggest compliment you've ever given him is that "he's hard to bring down."

However, contrary to your moronic opinion, he's 9th all time in QB rating, ranked right up there with some of the great quarterbacks of all time. And anyone who isn't a highlight reel obsessed ESPN fanboy like yourself knows that there is no way someone can get on that list by just being "hard to take down." He's an elite passer and he's an elite quarterback and he does it with far less tools than other quarterbacks in the league have to work with.

You're not fooling anyone. Just come out and be the Roethlisberger hater that you are.

no, i've simply got a deeper understanding of the game and can talk about specific pros and cons of players. my comments are more than dick jokes.

it is quite possible to be objective about QBs. To recognize strengths and weaknesses, to give weight to success and also recognize potential. you are incapable of doing these things because you aren't very bright and your vocabulary as it relates to football doesn't really include anything that can't be found in a game of madden.

Ben was in my top 5, and will fall outside of it going into next season. You can only rest on your past success for so long. The last 4 years include 2 playoff wins, and 2 seasons missing the playoffs... yes, around a super bowl appearance.

my rankings will include performance (stats), history (wins, rings), and potential along with my opinion on that players ability/talent.... Ben's biggest claim to elite status is from history (rings, post season record, reg season wins)... along with his talent....and that history is getting further and further in the past.

i am a homer for young talent.... i don't deny it. i see things in Andrew Luck that is a combination of so much talent it makes my testies tingle. and keapernick is like nothing i've ever seen before.

anyone who knows me, knows im a huge fan of Ben. You can be an excellent QB and also there can be throws and reads you have never demonstrated the ability to make. but im not going to go into detail with someone who lacks the analytical skills to talk about details

Here's a thought... Ben can be an elite QB, and there can also be incredibly talented young players in the league who are demonstrating skill sets that one COULD believe will make them better QBs.

Your defense mechanism is kind of disturbing... like, Ben is your boyfriend or something

NYCsteelersfan
01-13-2013, 05:40 PM
Ben was in my top 5, and will fall outside of it going into next season. You can only rest on your past success for so long. The last 4 years include 2 playoff wins, and 2 seasons missing the playoffs... yes, around a super bowl appearance.

lol...stop lying. He was never in your top 5.

i am a homer for young talent.... i don't deny it.

I know you are. I said you were before you admitted it. You suck off whatever young talent ESPN tells you is the second coming of greatness. And then the following season when that quarterback doesn't pan out or falls back, you simply latch on to the next young quarterback. It's not based on anything other than the quarterback being new to the league and the sports media hyping him up.

Here's a thought... Ben can be an elite QB, and there can also be incredibly talented young players in the league who are demonstrating skill sets that one COULD believe will make them better QBs.

Who would argue that point except for you? I wouldn't deny the latter, but you certainly deny the former whether you outright admit it or not.

If you want to praise young quarterbacks, that's fine, that's your business. The irritating part is that you come to a Steelers forum to praise young quarterbacks in an attempt to take jabs at the Steelers quarterback. Either just be a Roethlisberger hater outright or go to an ESPN forum and ball wash young quarterbacks with the rest of the young quarterback ESPN groupies.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 05:47 PM
If you want to praise young quarterbacks, that's fine, that's your business. The irritating part is that you come to a Steelers forum to praise young quarterbacks in an attempt to take jabs at the Steelers quarterback. Either just be a Roethlisberger hater outright or go to an ESPN forum and ball wash young quarterbacks with the rest of the young quarterback ESPN groupies.

or i can be a smart Steelers fan and continue to make you look like a dong burger by getting you to attempt to talk about football, something you clearly know very little about.

Hey, maybe if you keep using your "espn/ball washer/cum guzzler" jokes... someone will mistake you for knowing something

NYCsteelersfan
01-13-2013, 05:50 PM
or i can be a smart Steelers fan and continue to make you look like a dong burger by getting you to attempt to talk about football, something you clearly know very little about.

Hey, maybe if you keep using your "espn/ball washer/cum guzzler" jokes... someone will mistake you for knowing something

The only thing you continue to do is prove to be exactly what I pegged you to be from day one: an ESPN regurgitating **** sucker.

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 05:51 PM
A pocket passer will win the super bowl. Like its always been.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 05:52 PM
The only thing you continue to do is prove to be exactly what I pegged you to be from day one: an ESPN regurgitating **** sucker.

don't forget "ball washer".... you gotta get all 3 in there. i mean when you only have 3 things to say... you may as well say all 3.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 05:54 PM
A pocket passer will win the super bowl. Like its always been.

I don't consider Ben or Rodgers to be the typical pocket passer.

NYCsteelersfan
01-13-2013, 05:56 PM
don't forget "ball washer".... you gotta get all 3 in there. i mean when you only have 3 things to say... you may as well say all 3.

ESPN regurgitating **** sucker and young talent ball washer go hand in hand. One automatically implies the other.

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 05:59 PM
They are pocket passers who are mobile. But pocket passers none the less. Pocket passers win championships

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 06:01 PM
They are pocket passers who are mobile. But pocket passers none the less. Pocket passers win championships

if they throw... a lot.... outside the pocket, then they aren't really pocket passer.

the definition of the pocket passer is... HE STAYS IN THE POCKET and delivers the football under pressure. (Peyton, Troy Aikman, etc)

Aaron Rodgers should definitely not be classified as a pocket passer. neither should steve young.

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Steve young was a runner who learned how to pass and check down to the third option. But Young learned to stop being a runner and learning to move around to bye time to pass. Pocket passers won super bowls.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 06:22 PM
Steve young was a runner who learned how to pass and check down to the third option. But Young learned to stop being a runner and learning to move around to bye time to pass. Pocket passers won super bowls.

if you are going to call both steve young and troy aikman pocket passers... then the term has no meaning what so ever

was Donovan McNabb a pocket passer?

whether you are too stubborn to understand it... steve young won super bowls and was NOT a pocket passer.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2013, 06:31 PM
if you are going to call both steve young and troy aikman pocket passers... then the term has no meaning what so ever

whether you are too stubborn to understand it... steve young won super bowls and was NOT a pocket passer.

Steve Young won a Super Bowl as a starter....was a backup to Montana for the other rings he owns.....

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Steve Young won a Super Bowl as a starter....was a backup to Montana for the other rings he owns.....

Correct

is he a pocket passer?

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2013, 06:36 PM
Correct

is he a pocket passer?

Not the traditional pocket passer but come on by the time he beat the Chargers in the Super Bowl he developed into one hell of a pocket passer......

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 06:42 PM
Not the traditional pocket passer but come on by the time he beat the Chargers in the Super Bowl he developed into one hell of a pocket passer......

maybe it's semantics. but a mobile QB, who makes a lot of plays with his feet, and has an offense that designs ways to get him outside the pocket... isn't all of the sudden a "pocket passer" because he ALSO throws from the pocket.

The pocket passer, is ALWAYS in the pocket.

Cam Newton makes throws from the pocket. so does Drew Brees. RG3 makes throws from the pocket, so does Andrew Luck... but none of them are pocket passers.

Pocket Passers : Peyton, Eli, Matt Ryan, Carson Palmer, Rivers, Flacco, Aikman, Marino... etc ... Big, strong armed guys, who STAYED in the pocket to deliver the ball under pressure. They take hits to deliver the ball. They DON'T throw on the run regularly, they don't roll out much, they don't scramble... they are pocket passers.

if just throwing from the pocket a portion of the time makes a pocket passer... then EVERYONE is a pocket passer.

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 07:01 PM

Steve young was a runner who learned how to pass and pass well. From the pocket. When Young won a super bowl, he wasn't nearly the runner he was when he was playing for the L A. Express. Weather your too stubborn to admit it or understand it, young was a pocket passer (who was mobile) By the time he won. Pocket passers win super bowls.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 07:05 PM
Steve young was a runner who learned how to pass and pass well. From the pocket. When Young won a super bowl, he wasn't nearly the runner he was when he was playing for the L A. Express. Weather your too stubborn to admit it or understand it, young was a pocket passer (who was mobile) By the time he won. Pocket passers win super bowls.

everyone is a pocket passer by your definition.

you can write the same thing over and over.

What % of your passes need to be thrown from the pocket to be considered a pocket passer or not?

and can you give me a list of Non Pocket Passers please

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 07:06 PM

lol....

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 07:10 PM
does Ben make that throw?

really how many QBs make that throw with regularity... that route, in single coverage...
that wasn't a WR making a play... that was a ****ing RB... and a QB making a perfect throw... that's a "2 foot window" ball....