PDA

View Full Version : Flacco Stakes Claim as Top AFC North QB

steelspikes
01-13-2013, 09:18 AM
You gotta admit, Fucco has been nothing but amazing in the clutch. His accuracy and "touch" is among the tops among all NFL QBs. I expect this post make rankle the rank and file SA reader, though that is not my intention.And I'm not saying that I'd rather have Joltin' Joe than Big Ben. I'm just saying that the dude has ice water in his veins and mad skills. One good Superbowl showing will have people affirming his self-proclaimed "elite" status.

LatrobePA
01-13-2013, 10:06 AM
He's been money....

Troyisabeast_43
01-13-2013, 10:36 AM
He has been much much better then Ben in the clutch the last few seasons and especially in the playoffs. Say what you want about the Ravens who I think are very very lucky, but their receivers such as Boldin,Smith,and Jones come up huge in the clutch and make plays for Flacco unlike the young money crew who drops balls and dont make plays. The Ravens as much as it kills me to say have shown a ton more heart and guts then the Steelers last year and especially this season and that is why they are one game away from playing in the Super Bowl...

Zachintosh66
01-13-2013, 10:43 AM
i wish i could argue... but unfortunatley i cant :evilshake:

Speeed
01-13-2013, 11:01 AM
It kills me to see other WR's make plays to the ball and make catches. The only guy on the Steelers who does that is Miller. If the ball is not thrown perfectly to Brown or Wallace, even Sanders, they won't make a catch. It is maddening. I am soooo tired of our stable of 5' 11" 190 lb receivers. They need some size.

LevonKirkland99
01-13-2013, 11:23 AM
Torrey Smith runs circles on Mike Wallace....I see all the Wallace fanboys stop posting after the regular season ends. I am so discussted with our receivers and coaching staff.

Wallace and Brown fanboys...feel free to chime in... you know who you are

CelticSteel65
01-13-2013, 11:48 AM
Our coaches need to be reevaluated as well as our talent at several positions !!! our receivers won't dive for a ball or seem to fight for 50/50 balls. That is on the coaches as well as the players.It is not always about speed or route running but also about who is hungry for the ball and their passion to win games !!!! I didn't see it most of this season.

steelcity73
01-13-2013, 11:49 AM
Torrey Smith runs circles on Mike Wallace....I see all the Wallace fanboys stop posting after the regular season ends. I am so discussted with our receivers and coaching staff.

Lets make no mistake with Wallace and AB, IMO they aren't the sharpest tools in the shed, they've got the talent/skills. What they lack are smarts/willpower/heart. I do think AB has the willpower/heart his biggest problem is the smarts. Just watch the videos on the Steelers website neither of these guys can make a complete sentence. I like the potential of Wallace/Brown/Sanders/Cothery. Sanders is one of my favorite players on the team and I think he can become a nice receiver for this team. IMHO if we could have kept Hines one more yr, I think it would have at least benefited AB and Sanders. Looks to me, we need a coach that can teach the mental part of the game and not just the physical!

Zachintosh66
01-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Wait you mean Torrey Smith went and got the ball (unlike Wallace), caught the ball (unlike Wallace), and held onto to it (unlike AB and Sanders)?

TarlsQtr
01-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Re Flacco-

Yeah, but let's keep in mind that Flacco benefited from great receiver play all year and yesterday (Ben did not), some questionable calls, and a Broncos secondary that played their worst game of the year. If any ONE of those things do not happen the Broncos win and we are talking about how Flacco cannot quite get them there.

That TD to tie it with 30 seconds left was not Flacco at all but the worst adjustment to the ball in the air that I have ever seen.

Flacco is a little above average.

ChucktownSteeler
01-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Smith has stepped up big time. That's how Wallace should have played all year.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-13-2013, 12:42 PM
Say what you will about the ragings. I hate the mfrs. But, they absolutely had their **** together last night and it showed. It was sweet to see the AFC North reign supreme as my second most hated team "the Doncos" got their *** handed to them by possibly the most hated team in the AFC. It was sweet.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-13-2013, 12:46 PM
Re Flacco-

Yeah, but let's keep in mind that Flacco benefited from great receiver play all year and yesterday (Ben did not), some questionable calls, and a Broncos secondary that played their worst game of the year. If any ONE of those things do not happen the Broncos win and we are talking about how Flacco cannot quite get them there.

That TD to tie it with 30 seconds left was not Flacco at all but the worst adjustment to the ball in the air that I have ever seen.

Exactly and now they are heading for the big score. Shame, cause our players are not being made or are incabable of doing the same.

Big T
01-13-2013, 12:53 PM
Come on now. That 2nd TD to Torrey Smith was thrown into perfect coverage by Champ bailey and Torrey smith made an incredible adjustment and a better catch. And I find it very hard to gve him any credit on that last TD to Jacoby Jones. That was pathetic by the broncos secondary.

And people forget since the Broncos D couldn't come up with the interceptions, but in OT he made some horrible decisions an threw a couple balls that should've been picked. Joe did what he's been known to do with the game on the line, broncos just couldn't take advantage. The first was on their drive that started at their own 5, he throws into double coverage, DB picks it, couldn't get his feet down. Would've already been in field goal range. Second one was the next drive before their punt, DB had the ball in his hands and dropped it. The only difference is that Peyton's bad decision was picked while Flacco was let off the hook by the DBs.

Joe Flacco is an average QB that gets over hyped due to bullshit like last night.

scudmissile29
01-13-2013, 12:58 PM
I would rather take matt ryan out of the 08 class and thats just from that class alone.

coldrolled
01-13-2013, 12:58 PM
I hate Flacco.. But he has some long last minute drives to win big games... Hes making a case.. Not sure its all luck...
He beat us with them the last few years.. He needs to get paid 140million since hes the AFCN top QB.. Ravens need to dole it out.

steelchamp204
01-13-2013, 01:21 PM
The past couple seasons Flacco has been playing better ball than Ben. Atleast in big moments. Gotta give the dude props for something.

Crash
01-13-2013, 01:33 PM
If Flacco is so dreamy why did the Ravens refuse to put the ball in his hands in the second half until they were down 7?

Be honest, that heave at the end of regulation had no business being caught.

And their play-calling in OT was even worse.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2013, 01:39 PM
Besides Flacco having WR's make plays on the football he also has a much better offensive line....The Ravens have had their share of OL troubles but I don't think anybody can question that the Steelers OL was in worse shape due to injuries and lets not forget that Flacco has that little RB called Ray Rice in the backfield......Call me when Flacco actually appears in a Super Bowl or wins one.........

coldrolled
01-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Besides Flacco having WR's make plays on the football he also has a much better offensive line....The Ravens have had their share of OL troubles but I don't think anybody can question that the Steelers OL was in worse shape due to injuries and lets not forget that Flacco has that little RB called Ray Rice in the backfield......Call me when Flacco actually appears in a Super Bowl or wins one.........

We need to go G and RB #1 and #2

Steeler4life
01-13-2013, 01:54 PM
I'm not buying into any of this Flacco stuff yet.

He was money yesterday but his hail mary with 30's seconds to go was not all Flacco being money. His part in it was mostly luck after he tossed it. The hesitation on the defenders parts was the main reason that happened.

Forgot which one it was that said after the game the loss was his fault because he got to excited or something and was thinking they had already won with 30 seconds to go and lost focus.

Flacco comes out next week and lights it up then (hopefully not) goes to the SB and carries the team, then, just maybe I will think of him as a top QB he thinks he is.

Until that day should it happen, no sir. :)

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2013, 01:58 PM
Flacco has a great arm.....His arm strength is one of the tops in the NFL and I have always said it and he throws the deep ball perfectly.....Especially when he throws it up for grabs and lets his WR's adjust to it.....Flacco has confidence in his WR's to make the play (were I do think Ben doesn't have that same confidence in his WR's)....Plus if Flacco does throw a INT on those deep balls its almost like a punt....So really maybe Ben should throw more moon balls and not worry about throwing an INT in those situations......Plus look how many times the Ravens have gotten PI calls on those moon balls.....

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2013, 02:00 PM
But I still think Flacco squats to pee....Put pressure on him and he will fold........I think people are forgetting that yesterday the Ravens OL kept Flacco clean for the most part.....

SnakeEyes43
01-13-2013, 02:02 PM
If Ben would have made some of the same throws last night, we wouldn't have called it "luck", we would have called it "clutch". Wake up people. Yes Flacco is slightly above average most of the time, and he is inconsistent as hell, but he has been money in the playoffs two years in a row. Last year he outplayed Brady in the AFC champ. This year thus far he's outplayed Manning.

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 02:22 PM

Hahahahaha. But K-Train will show up to shamelessly support Mike Wallace in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..............................

Nolrog
01-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Flacco has gotten the job done, but let's not go crazy.

He was 18/34 yesterday, which is barely over 50%. He completed some long ones and that helped a lot. That's what happened last week as well. 12/23. He's not a great QB in the short game.

The Ravens also got 30 carries for 131 yards from Ray Rice, and a strong defensive effort.

Flacco had decent games but let's not go crazy. Oh, and when he takes his team to the Super Bowl 3 times, winning twice, then we'll talk about the top QB in the division.

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 02:24 PM
But I still think Flacco squats to pee....Put pressure on him and he will fold........I think people are forgetting that yesterday the Ravens OL kept Flacco clean for the most part.....

Flacco is still the same soft bitch he's always been. He threw two passes yesterday that should have been picked. Especially that one on the sidelines in overtime. Denver had their chances.

the clock will strike midnight next week for Flacco. And he will revert to the same turd he's always been at that moment. Flacco will never be as good as Ben. NEVER!!!

Nolrog
01-13-2013, 02:26 PM

Right you are. That corner (safety?) should have knocked that ball down. What a horrible play he made on that.

Nolrog
01-13-2013, 02:29 PM
We need to go G and RB #1 and #2

We already have two #1s and two #2s on the OL. It's time to focus elsewhere.

LatrobePA
01-13-2013, 02:32 PM
Wait you mean Torrey Smith went and got the ball (unlike Wallace), caught the ball (unlike Wallace), and held onto to it (unlike AB and Sanders)?

Yeppers!

BlacknGoldHaze
01-13-2013, 02:39 PM
Flacco is the best QB in the division right now....Ben's play took us out of the playoff hunt......Flacco has the Rats a game away from the big dance....gotta give him credit, he made the throws last night.

LatrobePA
01-13-2013, 02:51 PM
Ray passed the "general" title on to Flacco! How fn cheesy... lol

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 02:57 PM
Flacco will be out next week. And this conversation will be moot. Because Ben will still be polishing his two Super Bowl rings (along with the greatest clucth pass in SB history) while Flacco will be trying to get a new contract. :rolleyes:

Ravenous Rex
01-13-2013, 04:19 PM
Re Flacco-

You're a joke and blind homer. Jacoby Jones dropped a critical 3rd down catch on the drive BEFORE the miracle catch. Had he not, we probably tie the game on that drive. On the miracle play, he stepped up in the pocket and made a helluva a throw, not unlike Ben to Antonio brown on 3rd and long in the divisional round two years ago. How quickly unforget. AND PLEASE. Disgrace and hypocritical to take credit away because of refs. The were bad calls on both sides. I guess u quickly forget the horrible hometown calls u got to allow u to win that game ages years ago. Phantom block in the back to negate a punt return td. A nev called a bogus DEFENSIVE holding call on hAloti gnata on 3rd n goal when we stuffed u to allow u to score. I guess I'd be bitter too tho. U guys lost to Tim Tebow in Denver just a short year ago.... Hmmmm... I guess the refs did u in tho?

Btw, much respect to the original poster. As a Ravens fan, what irks me more than Anything is fans dogging Flacco when all he does is win. Houshmanzedah dropped the ball vs you guys two years ago on what could have been the game winning drive. Lee Evans DROPPED the game winner in New Engalnd last year... But yeah, it's always Flacco who benefits from great play around him...

Ravenous Rex
01-13-2013, 04:20 PM
Flacco will be out next week. And this conversation will be moot. Because Ben will still be polishing his two Super Bowl rings (along with the greatest clucth pass in SB history) while Flacco will be trying to get a new contract. :rolleyes:

Yup. Have fun watching the game and bragging About the past...

Ravenous Rex
01-13-2013, 04:23 PM
Flacco is the best QB in the division right now....Ben's play took us out of the playoff hunt......Flacco has the Rats a game away from the big dance....gotta give him credit, he made the throws last night.

Thank you. At least some fans on here aren't completely biased. I don't even know if I'd say joe is the best yet... Not over Ben... But he sure as hell deserves respect. Football is a team game and our team isn't built around Joe, but he plays his role and more times than not steps up when needed to.

TarlsQtr
01-13-2013, 04:24 PM
Wow. What an illiterate dolt. I guess even the Ratbirds have their version of Real Deal Steel...

Crash
01-13-2013, 04:27 PM
You're a joke and blind homer. Jacoby Jones dropped a critical 3rd down catch on the drive BEFORE the miracle catch.

Thrown behind him and short of the sticks.

Again, if the Rats value Flacco why did Caldwell take the ball out of his hands in the 2nd half until a minute left in the game?

Crash
01-13-2013, 04:28 PM
A nev called a bogus DEFENSIVE holding call on hAloti gnata on 3rd n goal when we stuffed u to allow u to score.

Don't forget Suggs' head shot on Ben when you scored that defensive TD.

Two hands to Ben's helmet, no call.

Ravenous Rex
01-13-2013, 04:29 PM
Come on now. That 2nd TD to Torrey Smith was thrown into perfect coverage by Champ bailey and Torrey smith made an incredible adjustment and a better catch. And I find it very hard to gve him any credit on that last TD to Jacoby Jones. That was pathetic by the broncos secondary.

And people forget since the Broncos D couldn't come up with the interceptions, but in OT he made some horrible decisions an threw a couple balls that should've been picked. Joe did what he's been known to do with the game on the line, broncos just couldn't take advantage. The first was on their drive that started at their own 5, he throws into double coverage, DB picks it, couldn't get his feet down. Would've already been in field goal range. Second one was the next drive before their punt, DB had the ball in his hands and dropped it. The only difference is that Peyton's bad decision was picked while Flacco was let off the hook by the DBs.

Joe Flacco is an average QB that gets over hyped due to bullshit like last night.

LOL. You are a fool. What is Peyton Manning. How was FlAcco last year in Pittsburgh. 90 m how many yards and under two minutes? If Ben had made those same throws that flacco did you'd be singing his praises. And what abs DON'T get away w a few bad ones. Joe Montana should have been picked e play before he threw the dame winner to Dwight Clark. Who the **** cares.. Stop making excuses to discredit flacco so u can live in your own little delusional bubble where Ben Roethlisberger is God and anything Joe accomplishes is due to luck. Did u ever play football. I'm guessing no...

Ravenous Rex
01-13-2013, 04:32 PM

Again, if the Rats value Flacco why did Caldwell take the ball out of his hands in the 2nd half until a minute left in the game?

Lol, your right. We should have just ignored Ray Rice in a one score game. R u serious?? The Broncos relied more on Ronnie effing Hillman than they did Peyton manning with the game on the line. And took a knee with 30 seconds left and two timeouts. Way does that say about manning??

Ravenous Rex
01-13-2013, 04:33 PM

And Flacco was rolling to his left throwing across his body. ANY NFL wr should catch a ball that hits both hands. And once he does, he falls forward for a first down... And even if he's short, it's 4th and maybe a yard where we can then run the ball.

Crash
01-13-2013, 04:34 PM
And Flacco was rolling to his left throwing across his body. ANY NFL wr should catch a ball that hits both hands. And once he does, he falls forward for a first down... And even if he's short, it's 4th and maybe a yard where we can then run the ball.

Ravenous Rex
01-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Don't forget Suggs' head shot on Ben when you scored that defensive TD.

Two hands to Ben's helmet, no call.

Don't quite remember it like that, but I suppose u guys were used to depending on ticky tack calls to win games...

Ravenous Rex
01-13-2013, 04:36 PM
I Already responded to his u fool. Learn to read.

LevonKirkland99
01-13-2013, 05:47 PM

Hilarious.......although Flacco has been making some big plays with less than 40 seconds left

LevonKirkland99
01-13-2013, 05:49 PM

I thought T Fizzle would become general, that would be hilarious!!!

LatrobePA
01-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Lets not forget Reed should of been suspended for the last few games of the season but was handed a fine instead. Fn Goodell has this season predetermined!

LevonKirkland99
01-13-2013, 05:56 PM
Lets not forget Reed should of been suspended for the last few games of the season but was handed a fine instead. Fn Goodell has this season predetermined!

Goodell loves the Ravens and wants them to win. He may try all he can to give them the SB. The calls against the Broncos yesterday were mind boggling.

LatrobePA
01-13-2013, 06:13 PM
Goodell loves the Ravens and wants them to win. He may try all he can to give them the SB. The calls against the Broncos yesterday were mind boggling.

Handed to them!

Troyisabeast_43
01-13-2013, 06:22 PM
Well with all that being said, the Ravens still have not won anything yet. That was a great win yesterday no doubt but it wont mean squat **** if the Ravens go into Houston or New England next Sunday and lose. Joe Flacco is going to have to play that much better next week and in the SB against either San Fran or Atlanta. The Ravens might indeed be a team of destiny who knows but they still didnt accomplish anything yet. I cannot wait to see Harbaugh whine and bitch like he was yesterday the entire game against the Broncos next week after the Ravens lose in the AFC Championship game...I want heartbreak and total devistation next week if the Ravens lose I want Harbaugh and Flacco to suffer and most of all the Ravens fanbase as well I want them to suffer also...

Crash
01-13-2013, 06:23 PM
Don't quite remember it like that

Of course you don't. But it's as clear as day.

JShare86
01-13-2013, 06:23 PM
Handed to them!

Just stop you guys are sounding like Ravens fans. Boo hoo the refs this the refs that. I hate when people try and put a game on the refs. Sometimes calls go your way sometimes they don't. Go to the Ravens message board after a loss in a close game and it is always always always the refs fault. Lets not get like that over on these boards.

LatrobePA
01-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Just stop you guys are sounding like Ravens fans. Boo hoo the refs this the refs that. I hate when people try and put a game on the refs. Sometimes calls go your way sometimes they don't. Go to the Ravens message board after a loss in a close game and it is always always always the refs fault. Lets not get like that over on these boards.

No we're not in the PO's because we sucked the last few games. It had nothing to so with bad calls, that's the difference I'm not blamin the refs for why we're on the couch.

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 06:37 PM
Flacco has accomplished nothing. When he does, then there will be a discussion. Ben is still the best QB in this division. Does Ben have the best wr around him? No. Does Ben have the best O-line in front of him? No. But he is far and away better then Flacco.

Ravenous Rex
01-13-2013, 06:38 PM
Handed to them!

U guys r delusional and the biggest hypocrites I've ever seen. U really need to get out more. There is life outside of Pittsburgh.

Ravenous Rex
01-13-2013, 06:42 PM

Handed to them!

Of course you don't. But it's as clear as day.
Clear as day that the calls by in large went in your favor. Just like in the Super Bowl vs Seattle. Man this is fun. U r so bitter u can't stand seeing purple still playing. According to u we were going to lose to the Colts and then get destroyed by the Broncos... Your worst nightmare would be a Ravens Superbowl win... Because then all hur weak smack about how great Ben is and bad Flacco is would be as weak as your argument pointing to a hand on the helmet to justify the bogus calls that changed that game.

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 06:43 PM
when Flacco wins a championship, get back to us. That's the bottom line.

steelspikes
01-13-2013, 06:44 PM
You're right, sickening manlove between Goodell and Ray Lewis.

LatrobePA
01-13-2013, 06:49 PM
U guys r delusional and the biggest hypocrites I've ever seen. U really need to get out more. There is life outside of Pittsburgh.

Yea that was a catch Boldin made right? Holding in the end zone not called. There were a few! The lucky Hail Mary Flacco threw won it..

Crash
01-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Clear as day that the calls by in large went in your favor. Just like in the Super Bowl vs Seattle. Man this is fun. U r so bitter u can't stand seeing purple still playing

Actually living in Denver it was easy to root for the Ravens yesterday.

It's their dimwitted fans I can't stand.

I don't post on Ravens boards. It's pathetic that you are even here.

According to u we were going to lose to the Colts and then get destroyed by the Broncos.

I picked the Ravens to win last week against Denver 5 minutes after they beat Indy.

Your worst nightmare would be a Ravens Superbowl win

Not really. My team has six of them. What would really suck is when ESPN/NFLN keeps fawning all over an accused murderer, an ex-con, and one of the biggest POS in the NFL.

LevonKirkland99
01-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Clear as day that the calls by in large went in your favor. Just like in the Super Bowl vs Seattle. Man this is fun. U r so bitter u can't stand seeing purple still playing. According to u we were going to lose to the Colts and then get destroyed by the Broncos... Your worst nightmare would be a Ravens Superbowl win... Because then all hur weak smack about how great Ben is and bad Flacco is would be as weak as your argument pointing to a hand on the helmet to justify the bogus calls that changed that game.

Goodell loves the Ravens, its a known fact. But come back to chime in when the Ravens win the big one

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 07:06 PM
Well his *** won't be back then

Speeed
01-13-2013, 07:23 PM
Flacco is the most over-rated under-rated QB in NFL history. That is obvious.

jdehoff83
01-13-2013, 08:22 PM
Flacco is an average qb... he has really talented receivers behind him which make him look better im sorry but dude is not elite.. ravens been riding a golden horseshoe all fn season.. f the ravens and f flacco...

JensK
01-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Flacco is not elite... Not even close! He is nowhere near the QB Ben is and I do not think you'll find many outside of Baltimore who would disagree. However, Flacco has found ways to get his team into 3 AFC Championship games (if memory serves), and he is getting Baltimore into the playoffs every year. So overrated as he may be, he is finding ways to at least not lose the games for Baltimore, which is more than we can say about Ben the last few years. For whatever reason.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 08:46 PM
Flacco is not elite... Not even close! He is nowhere near the QB Ben is and I do not think you'll find many outside of Baltimore who would disagree. However, Flacco has found ways to get his team into 3 AFC Championship games (if memory serves), and he is getting Baltimore into the playoffs every year. So overrated as he may be, he is finding ways to at least not lose the games for Baltimore, which is more than we can say about Ben the last few years. For whatever reason.

for what it's worth... last year he outplayed Brady in the AFC Champ game ... and yesterday he outplayed Peyton.

He's not elite, and he's not better than Ben.... but he continues to move in that direction. i think it's a bit disengenuis to say he's "nowhere near, not even close"

if he's not close... who is?

JensK
01-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Well, in my defense I'll say that he outplayed a Payton Manning who is notoriously terrible in the playoffs. I thought Broncos would win, but not because of Manning. I've learned to expect nothing of him in January.

He did outplay Brady last year, but I mean.... thats one game. Which he ultimately lost.

Fun thing is, if you look at Flaccos post-season record, he only got one game over 100 passer rating, and that was against a horrible KC team.

The problem with my argument is, if I cannot deem him elite because of his lack of playoff production, how can I then claim to have Payton ranked as being an elite QB? And I honestly have no good reason for this... Its just one of those things where it makes sense to me.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2013, 09:03 PM
He has been much much better then Ben in the clutch the last few seasons and especially in the playoffs. Say what you want about the Ravens who I think are very very lucky, but their receivers such as Boldin,Smith,and Jones come up huge in the clutch and make plays for Flacco unlike the young money crew who drops balls and dont make plays. The Ravens as much as it kills me to say have shown a ton more heart and guts then the Steelers last year and especially this season and that is why they are one game away from playing in the Super Bowl...

The thing that sucks the most is that both teams, Steelers and Ratbirds, entered the season with question marks on the offensive line, secondary, and linebacker. Both had strengths at QB, WR, and RB. The Steelers went in the opposite direction and could not close out games. They lost their edge last year and never regained it this year.

I'm not ready to say that Flaccid is a better overall QB than Ben, there's no way just yet but he has stepped up his game in the clutch these last two seasons. It's up to Ben to regain that edge.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 09:12 PM
Well, in my defense I'll say that he outplayed a Payton Manning who is notoriously terrible in the playoffs. I thought Broncos would win, but not because of Manning. I've learned to expect nothing of him in January.

He did outplay Brady last year, but I mean.... thats one game. Which he ultimately lost.

Fun thing is, if you look at Flaccos post-season record, he only got one game over 100 passer rating, and that was against a horrible KC team.

The problem with my argument is, if I cannot deem him elite because of his lack of playoff production, how can I then claim to have Payton ranked as being an elite QB? And I honestly have no good reason for this... Its just one of those things where it makes sense to me.

:lol: i know what you mean.

i think people treat losing in the playoffs as this black mark... it's not...in the free agent era, there are no dynasties. Everyone loses in the playoffs... if you are good enough to get there with regularity (peyton), then that's impressive enough IMO.

Ben has a great playoff record, because he's gone on a super bowl run, 3 out of 6 times. But he's also missed the playoffs 3 times... missing the playoffs is much worse than 1 and done, right?
Playoffs and Super Bowls have weight... but they aren't the only factor. Talent and consistency matter... so does potential. (in terms of "ranking" or "labeling" QBs)

As for Flacco... I think he's consistently "good". For everything Steelers fans do to make excuses for Ben (playcalling, oline, wrs, coaches, etc).... Flacco until very recently had one of the worst OCs in football (cam cameron is an epic moron, and steelers fans should thank him for our last super bowl trip). And his 2 WRs... they aren't super stars. Boldin is pretty much what Ben had in Ward for a lot of years. And Torrey Smith is just starting to learn how to do something other than running a deep fly patterns. Jacoby Jones is terrible.

And they are back in the AFC Championship game with a defense that was pretty average this year (17th total yards), and a running game that was just good (11th).

Flacco deserves to be recognized for what he's accomplished. just as steelers fans hate hearing that Ben is a game manager (he's not), Flacco has earned similar recognition.

(yup... i pretty much just lynched myself.... lol)

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 09:14 PM
The thing that sucks the most is that both teams, Steelers and Ratbirds, entered the season with question marks on the offensive line, secondary, and linebacker. Both had strengths at QB, WR, and RB. The Steelers went in the opposite direction and could not close out games. They lost their edge last year and never regained it this year.

I'm not ready to say that Flaccid is a better overall QB than Ben, there's no way just yet but he has stepped up his game in the clutch these last two seasons. It's up to Ben to regain that edge.

agreed. that is a completely fair assessment

LatrobePA
01-13-2013, 09:38 PM
Flacco has been money, as much as it pains me lets hope Brady and crew send em packing...

jdehoff83
01-13-2013, 09:43 PM
:lol: i know what you mean.

i think people treat losing in the playoffs as this black mark... it's not...in the free agent era, there are no dynasties. Everyone loses in the playoffs... if you are good enough to get there with regularity (peyton), then that's impressive enough IMO.

Ben has a great playoff record, because he's gone on a super bowl run, 3 out of 6 times. But he's also missed the playoffs 3 times... missing the playoffs is much worse than 1 and done, right?
Playoffs and Super Bowls have weight... but they aren't the only factor. Talent and consistency matter... so does potential. (in terms of "ranking" or "labeling" QBs)

As for Flacco... I think he's consistently "good". For everything Steelers fans do to make excuses for Ben (playcalling, oline, wrs, coaches, etc).... Flacco until very recently had one of the worst OCs in football (cam cameron is an epic moron, and steelers fans should thank him for our last super bowl trip). And his 2 WRs... they aren't super stars. Boldin is pretty much what Ben had in Ward for a lot of years. And Torrey Smith is just starting to learn how to do something other than running a deep fly patterns. Jacoby Jones is terrible.

And they are back in the AFC Championship game with a defense that was pretty average this year (17th total yards), and a running game that was just good (11th).

Flacco deserves to be recognized for what he's accomplished. just as steelers fans hate hearing that Ben is a game manager (he's not), Flacco has earned similar recognition.

(yup... i pretty much just lynched myself.... lol)
Dude i got the rope.. id take boldin and smith over wallace and brown..these guys make catches out of their way from flaccos "elite" passes. Smith has learned how to run different routes. Wallace? He cant run a slant w/o thinking hes gonna get blown up. Boldin is sure handed i cuss him everytime he makes some ridiculous catch why? Because we dont have it and we desperately need it.. heath is the most dependable receiver we have and hes a fn te!

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 10:00 PM
Dude i got the rope.. id take boldin and smith over wallace and brown..these guys make catches out of their way from flaccos "elite" passes. Smith has learned how to run different routes. Wallace? He cant run a slant w/o thinking hes gonna get blown up. Boldin is sure handed i cuss him everytime he makes some ridiculous catch why? Because we dont have it and we desperately need it.. heath is the most dependable receiver we have and hes a fn te!

i noticed during the ravens game, when flacco threw that deep sideline pass that Smith shorted the route, to go up and take the ball over the CB, that many on this board said it was a bad throw, and Smith made a great play. While Smith did make a great catch... the throw was PERFECT. That's exactly where you put the ball when the CB faces up the WR on that route and there is no underneath zone.

i'd take baltimore's top 2 over our top 2 as well... but it's not a huge difference. Torrey Smith is really coming into his own as a deep threat, but he's got a long way to go. His none deep routes, are sloppy, just like Wallace. Boldin catches everything, but he's getting long in the tooth, where as Brown is just starting to become a stud possession WR.

Crash
01-13-2013, 10:16 PM
We run plenty of slants.

The problem is, other than WR screens, that's all we run.

We don't stretch the field, so DBs just cheat up.

LevonKirkland99
01-13-2013, 10:17 PM
Flacco has been winning for that team, but all he gets from Raven fans is crap...The guy can't do enough for those awful fans!

Clevelandsux
01-13-2013, 11:30 PM
ravens are alot healthier now than they were at the end of the season.

LatrobePA
01-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Ray Ray has this team playing inspired football. Kinda like the Bus did with us during our run...

Crash
01-14-2013, 02:23 AM
Please. The Bus was a cartoon. He wasn't basically a non factor.

If anything the obsession to cater to Jerome almost cost us that title.

DBR96A
01-14-2013, 03:18 AM
Joe Flacco has more talent around him on offense than Ben Roethlisberger does.

Crash
01-14-2013, 03:51 AM
The Ravens value Flacco.

The Steelers treat Ben like he has HIV.

The Steelers and their stone age mentality ownership hurt this team more than opposing teams do.

Rhyno
01-14-2013, 09:39 AM
If anything the obsession to cater to Jerome almost cost us that title.

Well, you would know about obsession.

LatrobePA
01-14-2013, 09:44 AM
Flacco has been making the throws when needed... Ray Rice is a bulldozer and they're playing inspired defense, it's gonna be tough to beat that...

JShare86
01-14-2013, 09:57 AM
The Ravens value Flacco.

The Steelers treat Ben like he has HIV.

The Steelers and their stone age mentality ownership hurt this team more than opposing teams do.
They value Flacco so much he is a free agent after this season. You make a lot of sense.

LatrobePA
01-14-2013, 10:09 AM
They value Flacco so much he is a free agent after this season. You make a lot of sense.

Lmao I was thinking the same thing... lol

crowmst3k!
01-14-2013, 10:26 AM
I'm a Ravens fan. Was tuned into the discussion on the 24x7 board.

I'm a huge Flacco fan, he has some serious physical skills, and I like his arm way more than Big Ben (Ben is a very good QB, but has a very different skillset than Flacco). That said, until he gets over the friggin AFC playoff hump, he'll have about as meaningful a career as Donovan McNabb, which is to say: a good QB, but nowhere near elite.

I appreciate the kind words (and the spirited disdain), and look forward to some epic showdowns next year.

USMC607
01-14-2013, 10:45 AM
Flacco is a hell of a QB. But he does get a ton of help from his WR's T.Smith was adjusting and going up and snatching below average passes out of the air. So credit needs to go to the WRs... Unlike the steelers WRs we love to talk **** and act cocky but drop passes at every turn.

Flacco also has the benefit of teams having to respect the running game because Rice is a stud.

Defenses didnt have to be honest to our run game all season...

So Flaccos decent but dont forget how much his team is helping him out when he isnt doing well

NeilPatrickBanana
01-14-2013, 10:53 AM
Flacco is a hell of a QB. But he does get a ton of help from his WR's T.Smith was adjusting and going up and snatching below average passes out of the air. So credit needs to go to the WRs... Unlike the steelers WRs we love to talk **** and act cocky but drop passes at every turn.

Flacco also has the benefit of teams having to respect the running game because Rice is a stud.

Defenses didnt have to be honest to our run game all season...

So Flaccos decent but dont forget how much his team is helping him out when he isnt doing well

I keep seeing this comment. That deep sideline pass that Smith went up for... the one that people around here keep calling "underthrown" or a "bad pass"... was actually a PERFECT pass. When the CB "faces up the WR" (can't see the ball), instead of turning his hips and playing the throw, then the throw Flacco made is EXACTLY where the ball should be thrown. Smith made a great play too. But to call that a bad pass, is completely uninformed. Rodgers makes that throw 5 times a game.

LatrobePA
01-14-2013, 10:54 AM
Isn't that what good WR's are suppose to do? Bail out a QB when the ball isn't perfectly thrown! Maybe your use to seeing Wallace half *** too much!

USMC607
01-14-2013, 10:56 AM
Isn't that what good WR's are suppose to do? Bail out a QB when the ball isn't perfectly thrown! Maybe your use to seeing Wallace half *** too much!

Arent we all???

LatrobePA
01-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Arent we all???

Was gross at times!

NeilPatrickBanana
01-14-2013, 11:01 AM

it WAS a perfectly thrown ball, and the WR made the catch. Both players did what they are supposed to do on that play, given the playcall + coverage.

You throw the ball short, when the outside coverage is man 2 man faced up. If the cornerback turns his hips the other way to run face out, then the ball needs to be deep to the outside (over the DB), if the coverage has a safety over the top, the route isn't viable, if the coverage is face up (the DB cant see the ball, you short the coverage and allow the WR to adjust to the ball.

Flacco made a perfect read and throw...

LatrobePA
01-14-2013, 11:04 AM
Right now Flacco is on fire I agree he could be throwing to a turd wr and it's catchable...

Real Deal Steel
01-14-2013, 11:05 AM
Yup. Have fun watching the game and bragging About the past...

No one is bragging about the pass..I'm telling you about the present. Flacco hasn't won anything. And he won't win anything. You can't say a guy is good until he's done something. I live in the present.

After the Ravens are eliminated next week, there will be zero talk of how good Flacco is compared to Ben.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-14-2013, 11:08 AM
No one is bragging about the pass..I'm telling you about the present. Flacco hasn't won anything. And he won't win anything. You can't say a guy is good until he's done something. I live in the present.

After the Ravens are eliminated next week, there will be zero talk of how good Flacco is compared to Ben.

You live in the present? What has Ben done in the present accept miss the playoffs?

You can't claim to live in the present and then use what Ben did 5 years ago as some sort of trump card.

I think Ben is more talented than Flacco... but in the present, Flacco is winning the big games, and Ben is sitting at home... or losing to Tim Tebow.

Real Deal Steel
01-14-2013, 11:14 AM
Ben has had accomplishments. And those are documented. What has Flacco done???

I live totally in the present...and presently, what has Flacco done??? Ben is on a worse team.that is true. But Flacco is not a better QB then Ben. Flacco is just presenty on a better team.

Drew Brees is at home too. Is Flacco better then Drew Brees too??

This gets more idiotic as the day goes on.

Real Deal Steel
01-14-2013, 11:15 AM
Ben brought them back against Tebow, and Ben had one freaking leg! It was Dick Lebeau who lost that game because last I checked, Ben doesn't play defense!

NeilPatrickBanana
01-14-2013, 11:19 AM

I live totally in the present...and presently, what has Flacco done??? Ben is on a worse team.that is true. But Flacco is not a better QB then Ben. Flacco is just presenty on a better team.

Drew Brees is at home too. Is Flacco better then Drew Brees too??

You guys get more idiotic as the day goes on.

it seems you don't understand the difference between "the present", an analysis of skill/talent, and the examination of career accomplishments.

you aren't "living in the present" if your analysis is "what has he done in his career".

In the present (this year), Flacco is winning the big games... and Ben lost the big games. You can make excuses about the talent around each player... but if you are going to give Ben the big credit for winning super bowls (ignoring the talent around him), then he certainly owns the big failures as well (no excuses).

Ben is more talented than Flacco. I don't think anyone would argue that.
Ben has bigger accolades, better career. I don't think anyone would argue that.
But it's Flacco, who in the present, is playing better football and winning.

Learn to separate the 3, and not be such a homer

crowmst3k!
01-14-2013, 11:19 AM

You guys get more idiotic as the day goes on.

While I don't like being called idiotic, even as a Ravens fan I agree with your initial statement. Like I said: until Flacco gets over the AFC playoffs hump, he's still not in a class with Ben.

He's a very good QB, it's difficult to argue otherwise. Stats and the eye test will confirm both, but until he wins something of value, he'll still well outside of the "elite" class.

Real Deal Steel
01-14-2013, 11:24 AM
While I don't like being called idiotic, even as a Ravens fan I agree with your initial statement. Like I said: until Flacco gets over the AFC playoffs hump, he's still not in a class with Ben.

He's a very good QB, it's difficult to argue otherwise. Stats and the eye test will confirm both, but until he wins something of value, he'll still well outside of the "elite" class.

Crowmst3k, I wasn't referring to you as "idiotic". My apologies. And thank you for confirming what I've said. The person I was referring to has been put on my "ignore" list because of his constant need to start fights and personal insults. That's not what this forum is suppose to be about. It's suppose to be about people stating their opinions and conversing back and forth. Not insulting comments and the like.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-14-2013, 11:57 AM
I keep seeing this comment. That deep sideline pass that Smith went up for... the one that people around here keep calling "underthrown" or a "bad pass"... was actually a PERFECT pass. When the CB "faces up the WR" (can't see the ball), instead of turning his hips and playing the throw, then the throw Flacco made is EXACTLY where the ball should be thrown. Smith made a great play too. But to call that a bad pass, is completely uninformed. Rodgers makes that throw 5 times a game.

Flacco still threw into coverage..........But he trusts his WR's and you can tell when he makes those type of throws......Lets just say if Ben would have made that type of throw would Wallace or Brown made the play like Smith did?....I highly doubt it.....

NeilPatrickBanana
01-14-2013, 12:11 PM
Flacco still threw into coverage..........But he trusts his WR's and you can tell when he makes those type of throws......Lets just say if Ben would have made that type of throw would Wallace or Brown made the play like Smith did?....I highly doubt it.....

Good QBs throw into small windows, a successful QB needs to throw into good single coverage, and put the ball in small areas based on that coverage.

I'm not taking away from the play Smith made. But it needs to be corrected when the majority is completely wrong (about flacco's throw)

Black@Gold Forever32
01-14-2013, 12:21 PM
Good QBs throw into small windows, a successful QB needs to throw into good single coverage, and put the ball in small areas based on that coverage.

I'm not taking away from the play Smith made. But it needs to be corrected when the majority is completely wrong (about flacco's throw)

Trusting your WR's is part of it....that is all I'm saying......

Crash
01-14-2013, 12:22 PM

They drafted Smith in round 2. They signed Boldin. They also got him the shoe bomber 3 years ago.

Wallace, 3 rounder.

Brown, 6 rounder.

Paulson, 7 rounder.

Miller was a one, eight years ago.

They can just tag Flacco. Not a concern at all. We'll see if they let him go.

I doubt it.

Our whole mindset as an organization is what can we do to protect our defense.

That has to change in this NFL.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-14-2013, 12:23 PM
Trusting your WR's is part of it....that is all I'm saying......

completely agree.

When they talk about WR/QB being "on the same page". That throw is a perfect example. The WR and QB make the same read on the coverage. Flacco knows where to put the ball, Smith knows where to expect. End result = Big Play.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-14-2013, 12:24 PM
completely agree.

When they talk about WR/QB being "on the same page". That throw is a perfect example. The WR and QB make the same read on the coverage. Flacco knows where to put the ball, Smith knows where to expect. End result = Big Play.

Would be nice for Ben and his WR's to get on that same page........

Crash
01-14-2013, 12:26 PM
Ben and his wides are on the same page.

Problem is they can't catch. Or if they do they fumble.

connecticutsteel
01-14-2013, 12:27 PM
this is a steelers board **** JOE FLACCO he is the qb for our arch enemy and i don't want to sing his praises go to **** bird .com if you want to suck flacco off

BEN 2 RINGS

FLACCO 0

Get7With7
01-14-2013, 12:29 PM

The Steelers WRs never try to make the difficult catch. They won't comeback to a slightly under-thrown ball or jump over a DB to make a play.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-14-2013, 12:30 PM

I would disagree.....I think at times clearly Ben isn't on the same page with Wallace, Brown, and Sanders......I also think Ben has trust issues with his WR's.....Ben trusted Ward and he also trusted Holmes but I don't see that same chemistry with this current WR core.....

NeilPatrickBanana
01-14-2013, 12:30 PM

this year, i would strongly disagree.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-14-2013, 12:31 PM
The Steelers WRs never try to make the difficult catch. They won't comeback to a slightly under-thrown ball or jump over a DB to make a play.

yea, they are totally opposed to it.... (sarcasm)

Crash
01-14-2013, 12:34 PM
this year, i would strongly disagree.

Give examples of mis-communication between Ben and his WRs?

Get7With7
01-14-2013, 12:43 PM
yea, they are totally opposed to it.... (sarcasm)

They haven't shown any willingness to...

NeilPatrickBanana
01-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Give examples of mis-communication between Ben and his WRs?

good one

NeilPatrickBanana
01-14-2013, 12:45 PM
They haven't shown any willingness to...

Give examples of the WRs not showing a willingness to make the difficult catch

edit : darnit, i thought i was quoting Crash

Get7With7
01-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Give examples of the WRs not showing a willingness to make the difficult catch

There are too many to remember. Give examples of them trying to make the difficult catch in 2012.

Crash
01-14-2013, 12:55 PM
good one

I'm waiting.....

NeilPatrickBanana
01-14-2013, 12:56 PM
There are too many to remember. Give examples of them trying to make the difficult catch in 2012.

i dont recall ever saying to myself, "man i wish brown would've gone up to get that ball". I don't remember complaining about NOT going across the middle fearlessly. What are these difficult catches that our WRs DIDN'T make? I remember Wallace catching a TD with his legs, lol... that was difficult.

I do recall a plenty of times being disappointed in Wallace lack of driving back to the ball, but I don't consider that "making the difficult catch", instead it's just being the ****** route runner that Wallace is.

and of course the horrible drops stand out.

but not trying on difficult catches... i dont recall such things

Crash
01-14-2013, 12:56 PM

Brown does. If it's in his area he's goes all out. Same for Cotchery but he doesn't play nearly enough.

Sanders and Wallace really don't. If it's not a perfectly thrown pass they don't really go balls out.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-14-2013, 12:59 PM
I'm waiting.....

waiting for what? a recollection of each route, every snap?
keep waiting

in general, wallace and ben were never on the same page... missing all of camp had an impact
in general, brown and ben struggled early on with some of the short/intermediate stuff that Ben and Ward always had a good feel for.
in general, Sanders cuts his routes quite different than Wallace, and when Sanders replaced Wallace, it showed.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-14-2013, 01:00 PM
Brown does. If it's in his area he's goes all out. Same for Cotchery but he doesn't play nearly enough.

Sanders and Wallace really don't. If it's not a perfectly thrown pass they don't really go balls out.

give examples... i'm waiting

Crash
01-14-2013, 01:05 PM
give examples... i'm waiting

Wallace never comes back for the ball. It started in San Francisco last season. If it's not perfect he gives up on it. What's sad, is that if he would just make an effort, and the DB kills him, it's a flag, which is just as good as a catch.

Sanders alligators too many passes. Because he's worried about getting hit. He goes over the middle? Watch his head, he looses the ball because he's looking for defenders.

Sanders also has a habit of running the wrong route. For supposedly being the "most polished" of the three, he's the one who makes the most mistakes.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-14-2013, 01:09 PM
Wallace never comes back for the ball. It started in San Francisco last season. If it's not perfect he gives up on it. What's sad, is that if he would just make an effort, and the DB kills him, it's a flag, which is just as good as a catch.

Sanders alligators too many passes. Because he's worried about getting hit. He goes over the middle? Watch his head, he looses the ball because he's looking for defenders.

Sanders also has a habit of running the wrong route. For supposedly being the "most polished" of the three, he's the one who makes the most mistakes.

oh, that's what you call examples? I though you meant actually examples.

anyways... not coming back to the ball, is bad route running... that's not the same as "not trying to make the difficult catch"
When did Sanders "alligator" a ball this year? I can't think of one time.

Sanders running the wrong route? I guess you'd have to know the play call. But, wouldn't that fall under the "not on the same page" label? the one you denied existing?

Crash
01-14-2013, 01:30 PM
But, wouldn't that fall under the "not on the same page" label?

No, that would fall under Sanders not knowing his playbook. Nothing to do with QB/WR.

Not being on the same page would be Ben reading blitz, Sanders as the hot rout not reading blitz, and then a sack or a turnover happens.

Like Holmes in Cincy in 2009. Ben read blitz, Holmes didn't, pick 6.

And Holmes got reamed for it on the sidelines by his coaches.

LatrobePA
01-14-2013, 01:42 PM
Is this a Flacco or Ben thread? Ben's at home cleaning ****** diapers while Flacco is making a SB push....

Crash
01-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Flacco's defense forces 3 turnovers on the Bronco side of the 50.

I think we did that about 5 times all year.

"#1 ranked".

NeilPatrickBanana
01-14-2013, 01:51 PM
No, that would fall under Sanders not knowing his playbook. Nothing to do with QB/WR.

Not being on the same page would be Ben reading blitz, Sanders as the hot rout not reading blitz, and then a sack or a turnover happens.

Like Holmes in Cincy in 2009. Ben read blitz, Holmes didn't, pick 6.

And Holmes got reamed for it on the sidelines by his coaches.

nice job with the selective quote

when did sanders run the wrong route, and how did you know he ran the wrong wrote. please be specific

Crash
01-14-2013, 01:52 PM
nice job with the selective quote

when did sanders run the wrong route, and how did you know he ran the wrong wrote. please be specific

I've answered you twice.

Your turn.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-14-2013, 02:03 PM
I've answered you twice.

Your turn.

no you didn't. you dodged and weaved, and then ignored the portions of response that called your assertions into question. nice try kiddo.

When did Sanders run the wrong route? specifically. What game. What route did he run, and what route was he supposed to run. You would need to at least have an idea about these things to determine he ran the wrong route. I'll settle for a media article that quotes a coach or player stating he ran the wrong route. I'm almost certain you will provide nothing, because you love leaning on made up generalities that support you overall whacked out philosophy.

When did Sanders alligator a ball? specifically. What game. What quarter.

I have all the games recorded, I will gladly fact check you

Do you really think "Bad Route Running" (not coming back to the ball, driving on the ball)... is the same thing as "not making the difficult catch". Please confirm, I need to know whether this is another one of the things you are retarded about, or if I just misunderstood you.

Real Deal Steel
01-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Is this a Flacco or Ben thread? Ben's at home cleaning ****** diapers while Flacco is making a SB push....

Sure Ben's at home. But Flacco will be at home with him next week. It's all good.

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-14-2013, 02:42 PM
Ravenous enjoying the "when your hot your hot" that line continues also "when your ... .... ...! Yippy fn yip.

USMC607
01-15-2013, 03:25 AM
Flacco is a decent QB

But is not staking any claim to be the Top QB in the AFC north at least not yet.

I dont care how good Flacco has supposedly been the past 2 yrs.

As of right now all that matters is his inability to get to the Show....

Ravens fans can claim hes the top QB in the AFCN because hes outplayed ben last yr.
(this yr they never played with Ben in so thats a wash).

But until he gets to and wins the show
He will never be the Top QB in the AFCN which is Big Ben....

3 SB appearances and 2 wins.... VS 0 SB appearances...

Was mark sanchez becoming the top QB in the AFC East when the jets went to the AFC champ game 2 yrs in a row (beating the pats in 1 of the playoff runs)???? Hell No... Same thing applies to Flacco.

So it can be said hes had better seasons the past 2 yrs then ben... But in no way does that mean hes better then Ben or overtaking him. Start beating the steelers with ben in the game healthy in meaningful games, get to the show and win it... Then we will talk...

Real Deal Steel
01-15-2013, 07:08 AM
Thank you and good nite.

steelspikes
01-15-2013, 12:36 PM
this is a steelers board **** JOE FLACCO he is the qb for our arch enemy and i don't want to sing his praises go to **** bird .com if you want to suck flacco off

BEN 2 RINGS

FLACCO 0

Fucco is in our Division: he and Ratbirds are legitimate topics for posts. Unless you want to just sing the praises of Big Ben to the choir. Yes, Rats are our Div. rival; nevertheless, one still needs to respect one's most hated adversary.

SnakeEyes43
01-15-2013, 01:03 PM
Start beating the steelers with ben in the game healthy in meaningful games, get to the show and win it... Then we will talk...

It's not the Ravens fault that Ben can't stay healthy...

USMC607
01-15-2013, 04:23 PM
It's not the Ravens fault that Ben can't stay healthy...

This yr.... So Be it... Last yr they beat ben and the steelers twice Good job ill give them a gold sticker....

When they beat the steelers in a meaningful game like we have done to them oh so many times.... and then when flacco actually wins a SB then we can talk about him being BETTER or OVERTAKING someone...

Andy dalton beat the steelers with big ben in an actual meaningful game
Then beat the ravens the following week

So i guess hes overtaking everyone to be the best in the AFCN right...?

Flacco has never beaten the steelers in the playoffs in any sort of meaningful game. Nor has he won anything. He isnt overtaking anyone... Not yet at least...

Goodfrom55
01-15-2013, 04:42 PM
I'm a Johnny come lately here - How many rings does Flacco have? Would he be playing in the AFCCG if not for the putrid play of the Broncos Safety on that hail mary play?

Flacco is a good QB - neither great nor elite, but good. He will NEVER be Ben. Until he gets a couple rings, they won't be in the same class, and even then, he won't be.