PDA

View Full Version : If Ravens/49ers Super Bowl Happens...

Crowned
01-13-2013, 01:28 AM
Who would you want to win?

Ravens are the division rival, and we would have to see Ray Lewis ride off into the sunset on top.

or

49ers would have 6 rings along with the Steelers, no bueno.

I hope neither of them make it so we don't even have to think about it, but just interested to hear some thoughts.

USMC607
01-13-2013, 01:48 AM
lol both of those scenario's make me sick... But i guess as much as i hate it id rather take the ravens... Just because i do not want anybody to have as many rings as us. And the ravens would be on #2. I could deal with their **** talking until next yrs superbowl... Nothing ratbird fans say phase me after we have spanked them and killed their playoff hopes so many times.

Ya they swept us last yr and they won the division again this yr. But until they beat us in a truly meaningful game's constantly like we have to them... We still got their hearts in our back pocket.

Crowned
01-13-2013, 01:52 AM
I think I'm leaning towards wanting the Ravens to win in that scenario as well. Sickening isn't it? Please don't become a reality.

DBR96A
01-13-2013, 01:58 AM
Ravens all the way. I do not want another team winning six Lombardi Trophies, period. Same deal if it's a Patriots/49ers Super Bowl. Four is less than six.

Crowned
01-13-2013, 02:06 AM
Ravens all the way. I do not want another team winning six Lombardi Trophies, period. Same deal if it's a Patriots/49ers Super Bowl. Four is less than six.

Well of course I'll root for the Patriots. I hope they send Ray Lewis home crying next week.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 02:06 AM

what????

i'd rather crap thumb tacks then see the Ravens win a super bowl. ray ray getting to ride off into the sunset... **** no

who cares about total lombardies...

DBR96A
01-13-2013, 02:08 AM
who cares about total lombardies...

It's a goddamn great perk being a fan of the team with more Lombardi Trophies than any other.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 02:17 AM
It's a goddamn great perk being a fan of the team with more Lombardi Trophies than any other.

so you'd rather the Ravens win an ACTUAL Lombardi trophy so that you can feel good about a meaningless perk?

crazy

Zachintosh66
01-13-2013, 02:18 AM
Id rather see SF with 10 rings rather then Ray get a 2nd...

USMC607
01-13-2013, 02:39 AM
I dont know man... Trust me both ways it sucks ***... I just like the feeling of knowing we have more trophies then anybody else...

Between both teams tho besides Harbaugh i dont mind the 49ers i actually kinda like em great D-fense. And i hate the ravens almost as much as i hate the Flyers in the NHL. I just like the record. IDK

DBR96A
01-13-2013, 03:03 AM
so you'd rather the Ravens win an ACTUAL Lombardi trophy so that you can feel good about a meaningless perk?

crazy

Two is less than six.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2013, 03:33 AM
Root for Atlanta vs Houston.......since both teams havn't won a Super Bowl yet......

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2013, 03:34 AM
I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Ravens....lol

Crowned
01-13-2013, 03:37 AM
I rather eat **** and die then ever root for the Ravens....lol

I didn't want it to sound too dirty that's why I chose to avoid the word "root" in the OP lol.

scudmissile29
01-13-2013, 07:00 AM
49ers obviously.

were not going to be the most winningest lombardi team ever. that probably ends when ben retires.

it whos the true steeler fans colours who want the ravens to win it all.

NEVER EVER in soccer would an english fan want his main rival to win.

Raleigh Steel
01-13-2013, 07:43 AM
Lets just hope both douchbaughs lose next week! I could never ever pull for the ravens!

I hope the texans can pull it off today but I doubt it.

Would like to see Houston and Atlanta in the SB just cause it probably be the most boring SB ever...as far as pre game hype goes

Nolrog
01-13-2013, 08:22 AM
I'm rooting hard for Seattle and Texas today. Seattle because I don't think Atlanta can beat SF, and Texas because they are playing the Pats. I wouldn't mind a Seattle/Texas Super Bowl.

Rhys Lightning 63
01-13-2013, 08:23 AM
49ers obviously.

were not going to be the most winningest lombardi team ever. that probably ends when ben retires.

it whos the true steeler fans colours who want the ravens to win it all.

NEVER EVER in soccer would an english fan want his main rival to win.

As an Englishman, I can tell you that that's a lie. If circumstances demand, they will cheer their rival until they lose their voice. If my team had to rely on my rival beating somebody else so we could win the title, I'd be cheering them.

There was a famous banner back in 1999 that summed it up. Arsenal were playing for the title, as were Man Utd. Man Utd were playing Tottenham Hotspur, who are Arsenals greatest rivals, so they were relying on Tottenham to beat Utd so they had a shot at the title.

So the banner at Highbury went something along the lines of 'we support spurs until 5pm tonight'

coldrolled
01-13-2013, 08:48 AM

Hmmmm... you mean that Colbert cant find a rookie QB like Kaepernick or Wilson to keep us in contention when Ben retires???? come on man...

We need to get Wormack or Cooper this draft. Go offense all the way. sign Wallace Lacy second round and Cut the old dead defensive players and build the offense stronger.. Obviously the league is all about offense... We need a rocking O and a good D....

LatrobePA
01-13-2013, 10:06 AM
Niners.

Troyisabeast_43
01-13-2013, 10:31 AM
Oh no doubt the 49ers there is no ifs ands or buts about it...We would never hear the end of it being Steelers fans if the Ravens and Harbaugh and Flacco win a Super Bowl...That is one thing the Steelers at least have on the Ravens is that the Ravens have yet to even make it to a Super Bowl much less win one...If they do make it and win you will never be able to say that to them or hold that against them again. And as obnoxious as some Ravens fans are I dont want that to happen EVER!!!

steelcity73
01-13-2013, 11:33 AM
Since I live in southern Indiana I did this mostly to **** colts fans off, but I do know a few so called 49er fans, most of which grew up during the Montana days and wanted to be Joe Montana. So I really don't consider those as fans, but I'd hate to see another team with 6, wouldn't bother me as long as we have 7.

Rhyno
01-13-2013, 11:59 AM
[QUOTE=Flame;533937]were not going to be the most winningest lombardi team ever. that probably ends when ben retires.

I don't get this at all. How many Lombardi's do you think he has brought to the Steelers?

Zachintosh66
01-13-2013, 11:59 AM
I dont care if another team has 6... but i do care if another team has 7... but again, even further Id still rather not see Ray with 2 even more!

Rhyno
01-13-2013, 12:00 PM
That is one thing the Steelers at least have on the Ravens is that the Ravens have yet to even make it to a Super Bowl much less win one...

lol. Selective memory?

Zachintosh66
01-13-2013, 12:03 PM
So whats worse?

Brady with 4 or Niners with 6?

TarlsQtr
01-13-2013, 12:55 PM
Ef the number of Lombardy Trophies. I'd rather see an apocalypse than Ray Ray winning another. Rule # 1 for being a Steeler fan: NEVER, NEVER, NEVER want the Ratbirds to win.

TarlsQtr
01-13-2013, 12:57 PM
lol. Selective memory?

I was in NY at the time and hate the Giants almost as much as the Ravens, so I understand his statement. I try to forget the 2000 season as well. ;-)

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-13-2013, 01:00 PM
I care about one team and one team only. That'd be the Steelers. If another team get's six then our job is to get seven first. It is always our job to get more first. Would like to see the Pats get it but no more rootin (me) for either of these AFC scum bag teams.

Rhys Lightning 63
01-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Root for Atlanta vs Houston.......since both teams havn't won a Super Bowl yet......

I'm rooting for Seattle to win from here on out, I feel we owe them after the refs screwed them over in XL

Steeler4life
01-13-2013, 01:49 PM
I'm not thinking about a SF-BAL SB yet. As of now I am equally rooting for Seattle, Houston, and Atlanta

In fact, yea, I'm hoping for a Houston-Seattle/Atlanta SB. I could careless how much the hawks and their fans still cry about 2005.

I so don't want the Ravens or the Pats to get in. I am worried about Brady getting in there again without the Giants to make him their bitch.

SnakeEyes43
01-13-2013, 02:13 PM
I cannot cheer for the Ravens. 49ers all the way in that scenerio.

Overall, I'm now hoping that the Texans or Seattle can pull it all off. I'd be happy with either of those two.

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 02:17 PM
lol both of those scenario's make me sick... But i guess as much as i hate it id rather take the ravens... Just because i do not want anybody to have as many rings as us. And the ravens would be on #2. I could deal with their **** talking until next yrs superbowl... Nothing ratbird fans say phase me after we have spanked them and killed their playoff hopes so many times.

Ya they swept us last yr and they won the division again this yr. But until they beat us in a truly meaningful game's constantly like we have to them... We still got their hearts in our back pocket.

this

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 02:20 PM
I'd rather the Ravens jet plane and the 49ers jet plane fly into the Burmuda Triangle and come up missing. Don't get me wrong, I dont' want them dead. I'd just like for them to be stranded on that same Island Tom Hanks was stranded on in the movie, " Cast Away". They can all reappear after 5 years. :yesnod:

Troyisabeast_43
01-13-2013, 06:42 PM
lol. Selective memory?

I know they won in 2000 of course, but I am referring to this current regime the last 5 years under Harbaugh and Flacco. They have had a ton of success and won a lot of playoff games but they have yet to get over the hump and even get to the SuperBowl much less win one. Everybody including myself always says that the Ravens will never win a Super Bowl with Harbaugh and Flacco and if they do win it this year we cant say that anymore and it will drive Steelers fans like myself and other nuts...

LatrobePA
01-13-2013, 06:54 PM
Lol the ravens will be embarrassed by the Pats next week.

jdehoff83
01-13-2013, 07:55 PM
Id rather see SF with 10 rings rather then Ray get a 2nd...
This...FTR

Rhyno
01-13-2013, 08:57 PM
if they do win it this year we cant say that anymore and it will drive Steelers fans like myself and other nuts...

Agreed.

Omicron
01-13-2013, 11:32 PM
I am hoping somehow Atlanta fixes the issues they showed tonight and makes it all the way from the teams that are left. Highly doubtful from the way they played, but they are the lesser of the 4 evils left in the playoffs.

LatrobePA
01-13-2013, 11:38 PM
San Fran is playing some damn good ball. I don't think Atlanta stands a chance but well see. I'd like to see them get there for Gonzo...

Clevelandsux
01-13-2013, 11:41 PM
go falcons.

jpele
01-13-2013, 11:45 PM
I'll be. Falcon the next two weeks

LatrobePA
01-13-2013, 11:46 PM
go falcons.

Id say the same but I can't root for a team and have it win for weeks!

LarryNJ
01-14-2013, 03:16 PM
My choice is
Falcons would like to see Tony Gonzalez have 3 playoff wins.
49'ers
Pat's
Ravens We'll see enough of ray Ray in the coming years on TV. We don't need to see him anymore this year.

Zachintosh66
01-14-2013, 04:57 PM
i agree w/ LarryNJ... go NFC

Rhys Lightning 63
01-14-2013, 05:00 PM
Everybody going on about what would happen if San Fran wins it, tying us with 6 titles blah blah blah. IF TOM BRADY WINS... he will have FOUR rings, which will tie him with Terry Bradshaw.

So in my view, EVERY SINGLE STEELERS FAN WORLDWIDE, should be cheering for Atlanta as hard as you possibly can

Real Deal Steel
01-14-2013, 05:09 PM
I want to cheer for Atlanta but we can all see their a fraud. Especially Matt Ryan.

LarryNJ
01-14-2013, 09:04 PM
I want to cheer for Atlanta but we can all see their a fraud. Especially Matt Ryan.

I'd be shocked if they beat SF and even more shocked if they win 2 more. I just don't think it's very probable. But hey you never know. Remember the Giants beating the Pats in 2008.

USMC607
01-15-2013, 03:11 AM
Well, Now that Houston predictably **** their pants and Seattle let the falcons drive all the way to FG range in 30 ****ing seconds im praying that That its a Falcons/Patriots superbowl with the Falcons coming out on top...

Yet everyone knows the Falcons are Frauds, and the 49ers are gonna spank them unless they look past them, or lose their minds and play a terrible game.

I hate the pats alot but i will cheer for them against the ravens. I would love a blow-out just so i don't have to worry about them winning the entire game. But if they could have another heart-breaking moment like last yr when evans dropped the pass in the endzone that would be the way to go... Just something about seeing the ravens and their fan base having their backs snapped that makes me happy. Im sure they all thought at that moment they were going to the superbowl with an amazing final drive, then in an instant the ball came loose and reality set in... Loved it.

Steveo
01-15-2013, 09:31 AM
Pulling for the Falcons, and the Patriots (god I hate saying that). If they both loose I will probably skip watching the SB this year, as I can't stand the Ravens, and feel the 49'rs coach is a complete tool.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-15-2013, 10:51 AM
Pulling for the Falcons, and the Patriots (god I hate saying that). If they both loose I will probably skip watching the SB this year, as I can't stand the Ravens, and feel the 49'rs coach is a complete tool.

weird that Steelers fans hate Jim Harbough so much. He's the closest thing to Bill Cowher in the NFL Head coaching ranks today... and he actually develops offensive talent.

There is a lot to like about the niners...

- The Smith/Smith combo. Justin is the best 3-4 DE... ever. And Aldon Smith is the most unblockable player in the NFL today. His explosive first step, perfect arm/hand work, and insane pursuit speed make him the best pass rusher the league has seen in a long time.
- Navarro Bowman... someday soon, fans are going to realize he is actually a better all around LBer than Patrick Willis
- They are committed to the run, but also score 27 a game with Kaepernick at QB.
- Crabtree, once forgotten, is coming into his own with a QB who can get him the ball on the outside. He's every bit as good as AJ Green.

cbrunn
01-15-2013, 10:59 AM
- Crabtree, once forgotten, is coming into his own with a QB who can get him the ball on the outside. He's every bit as good as AJ Green.

I loved Crabtree coming out ... and people passing on him because he was a primadonna ... All WRs are primadonnas, but glade to see him coming into his own

Don't want the 49ers to win because than they would have 6 if i'm not mistaking

NeilPatrickBanana
01-15-2013, 11:07 AM
I loved Crabtree coming out ... and people passing on him because he was a primadonna ... All WRs are primadonnas, but glade to see him coming into his own

Don't want the 49ers to win because than they would have 6 if i'm not mistaking

Who cares. it's meaningless.

if it has any value, maybe it will bring some motivation to Pittsburgh to stop ****ing around and get 7.

KemoTherapy
01-15-2013, 11:49 AM
That's a SB matchup that I probably wouldn't even watch.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2013, 12:20 PM
Pats vs Falcons is my best case scenario but I think Pats vs 49ers would be a better game personally. I don't know if the Falcons are ready to beat a team like the Pats in a big game like that.

As far as 49ers vs Ratbirds, There's no way on God's green earth that I want Baltimore to win the Super Bowl. Sooner or later somebody is going to get 6 with us but I'd rather the Baltimorons be sent home empty handed and Ray Lewis leave the league without another trophy.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-15-2013, 12:25 PM
Pats vs Falcons is my best case scenario but I think Pats vs 49ers would be a better game personally. I don't know if the Falcons are ready to beat a team like the Pats in a big game like that.

As far as 49ers vs Ratbirds, There's no way on God's green earth that I want Baltimore to win the Super Bowl. Sooner or later somebody is going to get 6 with us but I'd rather the Baltimorons be sent home empty handed and Ray Lewis leave the league without another trophy.

yup, I'd rather the 49ers win 7, 8, and 9, rather than watch Ray Ray get the walk off into the sunset moment.

The 49ers are going to win it all. And there's nothing that upsets me about that... I like the way they play. I like their mix of talent. I like Jim Harbough.

Real Deal Steel
01-15-2013, 01:43 PM
Blitz, don't worry. 49ers should be the fake Falcons. But the Pats will also end the fake Ravens bid too.

Then, in a good match up, the Pats will squeak by the 49ers.