PDA

View Full Version : If Ben Roethlisberger did what Peyton Manning just did...

DBR96A
01-12-2013, 09:30 PM
...a bunch of us would be demanding that he's traded.

LatrobePA
01-12-2013, 09:33 PM
He did the last two games of the season. Who was yelling for him to be traded?

Your fn thread is fn stupid bro, why in the uck are you trying to stir **** up?

JShare86
01-12-2013, 09:40 PM

This

scudmissile29
01-12-2013, 09:41 PM
...a bunch of us would be demanding that he's traded.

**** u ****.

@latrobe is correct, he's trying to stir things up.

Hope this dude dies along with the broncos team

Crash
01-12-2013, 09:50 PM
Ben's better than Peyton.

Always has been.

Clevelandsux
01-12-2013, 09:52 PM
If a lot of qbs did that they would be screaming. Aka tony romo.

JShare86
01-12-2013, 10:05 PM

Always has been.
Agreed because every time Ben messes up we can just blame it on the offensive coordinator and play calling right.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-12-2013, 10:09 PM

You're kidding right?........People were questioning if Ben was a elite QB or past his prime.....Well that isn't screaming for Ben to be traded but close enough....the point is everytime Ben throws an INT that some on this site just **** and moan....Every QB throws bad INT's even alltime greats like Peyton Manning......

LatrobePA
01-12-2013, 10:10 PM
No one was calling for him to be traded, questioning his elite status was well deserved after those two stinker games.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-12-2013, 10:16 PM
No one was calling for him to be traded, questioning his elite status was well deserved after those two stinker games.

Really?.....I doubt anybody is questioning Peyton Manning's elite status right now......Which was the whole point of this thread.........I agree Ben stuck the joint up in that Bengals game but damn so did Peyton today in the biggest moment of the game.....Just saying people need to calm down with Ben......I guess when a QB has helped our team win a ton of games along with winning two Super Bowls and an appearance in another I'm willing to cut the guy some slack......

Zachintosh66
01-12-2013, 10:27 PM
of all teh great teams payton has had... and he still only has 1 SB

January is his kryptonite

Tebow took the Broncos as far as Payton did...

cbrunn
01-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Really?.....I doubt anybody is questioning Peyton Manning's elite status right now......Which was the whole point of this thread.........I agree Ben stuck the joint up in that Bengals game but damn so did Peyton today in the biggest moment of the game.....Just saying people need to calm down with Ben......I guess when a QB has helped our team win a ton of games along with winning two Super Bowls and an appearance in another I'm willing to cut the guy some slack......

Peyton an all time great in the regular season ... playoffs hmmmm :dunno: , I know if I had to pick a playoff team I wouldn't pick Peyton

Difference is we expect Peyton to choke in the playoffs

Ben is supposed to be clutch ... and lately he's not been

But I agree Thread Starter just :stirpot: ... I'm guessing a 3-5 page thread

LevonKirkland99
01-12-2013, 10:46 PM

Payton doesn't play on Defense

jdehoff83
01-12-2013, 11:05 PM
This

Real Deal Steel
01-12-2013, 11:07 PM
Payton doesn't play on Defense

What about those other 13 years of playoffs for Peyton???

Peyton isn't elite in my book. Elite requires excelling in the post season. And Peyton and Farve are horrible in the postseason.

Peyton has a losing record in the post season.

Peyton is the greatest REGULAR SEASON QB ever. And that's it.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-12-2013, 11:09 PM

Always has been.

:hilarious:

more please

NeilPatrickBanana
01-12-2013, 11:13 PM
What about those other 13 years of playoffs for Peyton???

Peyton isn't elite in my book. Elite requires excelling in the post season. And Peyton and Farve are horrible in the postseason.

Peyton has a losing record in the post season.

Peyton is the greatest REGULAR SEASON QB ever. And that's it.

:hilarious:
you guys are funny

NeilPatrickBanana
01-12-2013, 11:14 PM

:lol:

all the great teams? you mean the team that went from contender to 2 wins without him?

A few years ago, when Ben was suspended, the Steelers went 3-1 to start the year. last year, without Peyton, the Colts couldn't win 3 games all year

Real Deal Steel
01-12-2013, 11:17 PM
Peyton is awful in the postseason. And there's no getting around that. He's great in the regular season. And that's where it ends for him.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-12-2013, 11:23 PM
wait... someone quickly remind me how many playoff games Ben has won in the last 4 seasons... since winning in the playoffs is what makes you elite (according to some around here)

currently, Ben is 2-2 in the last 4 seasons... he's missed the playoffs twice, He got knocked out in the first round once, and he lost a super bowl

NeilPatrickBanana
01-12-2013, 11:28 PM
Peyton is awful in the postseason. And there's no getting around that. He's great in the regular season. And that's where it ends for him.

correction. he has awful moments in the playoffs.
just like Roethlisberger has had some awful moments over the last few years.

Peyton is going to get his deserved blame for today's loss. but any coach who doesn't let his franchise QB win the game (throw the ball on 3rd down, get a 1st, win the game)... deserves the blame IMO.

I'm not sure why coaches become retards in this situation with regularity. You pay your QB 100 MIllion dollars to win you the game... but then with the game on the line, you take the ball out of his hand and instead put your defense on the field, all for the 40 seconds

dumb dumb dumb

Real Deal Steel
01-12-2013, 11:40 PM
True. I thought they should have let him throw on 3rd down.

But I'm sorry, Peyton has had awful "moments" toooooooooo many years that they can't be excused. Peyton isn't big time....and big time is the postseason. That's where true legends are made.

Crash
01-12-2013, 11:40 PM
Five years of Aaron Rogers:

No playoffs, 1 and done, SB, 1 and done, 1 and done.

Five years of Ben:

AFCC, SB, no playoffs, 1 and done. SB.

All these QBs are supposedly better than Ben, and yet they don't win enough.

Big T
01-13-2013, 12:05 AM
No one was calling for him to be traded

sorry, couldn't resist...

#7 Destroys Season; Time To Trade Him
And fire Tomlin. We might get a third round pick for Roethlisberger.

LevonKirkland99
01-13-2013, 12:15 AM
The Rooneys are content with Tomlin's midiocracy. Why fire tomlin

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 12:29 AM
The Rooneys are content with Tomlin's midiocracy. Why fire tomlin

who wouldn't be content with midiocracy?

USMC607
01-13-2013, 12:51 AM
who wouldn't be content with midiocracy?

lol i get it...

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 01:03 AM
If Ben Roethlisberger did what Peyton Manning just did...

... The fan base would blame the idiotic head coach/OC for taking the ball out of the franchise QBs hand on a 3rd and 6 player with under 2 minutes left, when the opponent had no timeouts, and a 1st down would've won the game.

... The fan base would blame the horrendous defensive allignment called by the DC, that allowed the WR to get behind the defense on a 70 yard td pass with only 30 seconds left.

... The fan base would blame the OC for calling a "dink and dunk" game

... The fan base would blame the Oline for something

... The Steelers fan base would most definitely NOT blame the QB though...

DBR96A
01-13-2013, 01:07 AM
By the way, today is only the second time Peyton Manning's offense has put 20 or more points on the board in his 11 playoff losses.

Conversely, only twice has Ben Roethlisberger's offense failed to put 20 points on the board in his 14 playoff games.

USMC607
01-13-2013, 01:30 AM
By the way, today is only the second time Peyton Manning's offense has put 20 or more points on the board in his 11 playoff losses.

Conversely, only twice has Ben Roethlisberger's offense failed to put 20 points on the board in his 14 playoff games.

Peyton is a great QB, and he has won a super bowl so i mean obviously he has what it takes. BUT, 9 times out of 10 when the game is on the line in the PLAYOFFS it seems like he shits his pants.

I dont know if its been other people and hes just there but all i think about is Todays Int (altho Moore had terrible coverage and lost the game for them), The Pick 6 in the saints SB, the fumble in 2005 on the goal line but bettis helped him out with his out fumble, the 2003 4int performance against the PAts, and 2002 when chad im made of glass pennington outplayed him.

Crash
01-13-2013, 01:31 AM
Peyton is a great QB, and he has won a super bowl so i mean obviously he has what it takes.

So Peyton and his 3 TD and 7 pick post season was why they won that ring?

USMC607
01-13-2013, 01:49 AM
I did not say he was the only reason they won the ring. Its a team game. Im saying he didnt LOSE it for them either. Obviously he played well enough for them to win since QB is the most important position.

And im sure you kept reading and seen i wrote 9 times out of 10 he shits his pants in the playoffs and gave the examples.

So pretty much im saying he is a choke artist but he has managed the game b4 well enough not to lose it (therefore helping in winning it, and since hes on the team he WON it along with the rest of his teammates)

DBR96A
01-13-2013, 02:01 AM
Keep Peyton Manning's stat line from Super Bowl XLI but replace him with Roethlisberger, and Dominic Rhodes wins the Super Bowl MVP award.

Crash
01-13-2013, 02:43 AM
Keep Peyton Manning's stat line from Super Bowl XLI but replace him with Roethlisberger, and Dominic Rhodes wins the Super Bowl MVP award.

Yep. That's been proven.

Eli Manning 1st MVP

19 of 34 for 255 yards, 2 and 1, offense scored 17 points.

Ben in XLIII

21 of 30 for 256, 1 and 1, and went 88 yards in 2 minutes, offense scored 20 points.

Eli got MVP.

Ben didn't.

USMC607
01-13-2013, 03:06 AM
Ya, but its always been like that.

You hear about Elite QBs online and TV

And obviously they go thru the list - BRADY, PEYTON, RODGERS, BREES, ELI... You rarely hear BENs name come up recently its been sprinkled in there but its never consistently. Hell ive heard them mention RIVERS and ROMO almost as much if not more then BEN on certain stations.

It will always be something. Alot of it has to do with personal accolades. Now-a-days everyones more concerned with your individual stats then team goals etc. Ben could win another superbowl and guys like Brees and Peyton could never win one again but get some passing yd record, or Passing TD record and you'd still see the media creaming their panties about Bree's and Peyton.

Clevelandsux
01-13-2013, 03:12 AM
fox blew this game, not peyton. it was won. but he got too conservative.

USMC607
01-13-2013, 03:12 AM
Not to mention he doesn't get near enough credit from the national media for his ability to win games and stuff with the Olines he has had on average. If they had the Oline we have and were getting sacked as much as Ben

Peyton - His neck would have turned to dust by now
Brady - Would look like **** and probably cry and pout a lot more then he does when he loses now
Brees - Same as brady only i havent seen him pout like him.
Rodgers - He might be able to scramble away like ben does, but with his concussion issues his brain would be scrambled eggs.

I would like to see Ben tho with Bradys line.... Bradys a good QB but nobody gives his Line credit, that dude could go take a **** come back and still have time to throw

Crash
01-13-2013, 03:31 AM
It's not the OL. I think our OL is fine when we don't have them in predictable BS to appease ownership.

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 02:16 PM
I don't need someone to justify how elite Ben is. Ben is elite and in the end he will get his 3rd super bowl ring and Manning will forever have just one. And if he wasn't going up against the worse QB in Super Bowl history ( Rex Grooseman who threw as many td's to the Colts as Manning did that day) Manning wouldn't have that ring.

I'll take Ben over Manning and sleep fine at nite.

LatrobePA
01-13-2013, 02:42 PM
The word "elite" is fn stupid! Ben is a game winner, he doesn't always make the greatest throws and he sure as hell doesn't look pretty at times but dammit he can win a game.

Tom Brady is "elite", he makes plays while looking pretty doing so.

F Brady! Give me Ben!!!

Crash
01-13-2013, 02:48 PM
"I probably wasn't quite as good as I wanted to be,and it probably cost us a couple scoring opportunities."

-Peyton Manning last night

Probably......

LOL

"Leader"

teeceemadison
01-14-2013, 08:39 AM
Not to mention he doesn't get near enough credit from the national media for his ability to win games and stuff with the Olines he has had on average. If they had the Oline we have and were getting sacked as much as Ben

Peyton - His neck would have turned to dust by now
Brady - Would look like **** and probably cry and pout a lot more then he does when he loses now
Brees - Same as brady only i havent seen him pout like him.
Rodgers - He might be able to scramble away like ben does, but with his concussion issues his brain would be scrambled eggs.

I would like to see Ben tho with Bradys line.... Bradys a good QB but nobody gives his Line credit, that dude could go take a **** come back and still have time to throw

marsha's line gets away with holding way more than any line ive ever seen.....they simply wont call consistently against that line.....

coldrolled
01-14-2013, 09:38 AM
marsha's line gets away with holding way more than any line ive ever seen.....they simply wont call consistently against that line.....

Its because their all white guys isnt it.... racist refs...

i think belichek has the plays and the length of a hold timed so they dont get the calls. if they let you hold for 2 seconds, then marsha is good he lets go of the ball in 3. legal holding within the refs time limit of a hold.. thats my take.....

USMC607
01-14-2013, 09:49 AM
Ive noticed that too.... But i dont understand it... Its on TV and everyone sees it yet they still get away with it...

Not to mention if you even sneeze on brady its rounging the passer. But people slam ben to the ground like its cool and nothing...