PDA

View Full Version : Steelers wide receivers

NYCsteelersfan
01-12-2013, 09:06 PM
Did anyone see the catch Jones just made for Green Bay? Of course many will instinctively suck off Rodgers for making a "great" pass, but anyone who doesn't have an inclination towards sucking off quarterbacks knows that that catch was all Jones. And that brings me to the Steelers. Any big time wide receivers worth taking in the first round since this team doesn't have a #1 receiver that Roethlisberger can count on?

Ibleedblk&gld
01-12-2013, 09:11 PM
depending on what happens in the offseason with our receivers outside of brown, I'd think we would address other positions of need first

NYCsteelersfan
01-12-2013, 09:18 PM
I wouldn't waste that first round pick on anything other than a top receiver, top tight end or a great offensive lineman.

LatrobePA
01-12-2013, 09:51 PM
We got Wallace what more do we need?? lol

Black@Gold Forever32
01-12-2013, 10:11 PM
Did anyone see the catch Jones just made for Green Bay? Of course many will instinctively suck off Rodgers for making a "great" pass, but anyone who doesn't have an inclination towards sucking off quarterbacks knows that that catch was all Jones. And that brings me to the Steelers. Any big time wide receivers worth taking in the first round since this team doesn't have a #1 receiver that Roethlisberger can count on?

Its not a great draft for WR's but there is some talents that are intriguing were the Steelers will pick in the first round......I agree with you about the WR's.....I would love to see Ben with Green Bay's WR's........

cbrunn
01-12-2013, 10:20 PM
I love Justin Hunter from Tennessee

or De'Andre Hopkins from Clemson

but at 17 ... hmmmmm maybe a reach

NeilPatrickBanana
01-12-2013, 10:52 PM
i love sucking qb dick... rodgers is a lot better than roethlisberger.

Rodgers doesn't need a #1 WR to count on, he makes everyone on the field look like a #1 WR.

with that said, we do need to add a WR that can make plays when manned up.

i think Hopkins is going to be a stud

James Jones? He's nothing special. Neither is Jordy Nelson. Watch what Jennings does when he leaves Green Bay and doesn't have an elite QB throwing the ball.

When are Steelers fans going to realize... it's not the playcalling, it's not the Oline, it's not the WRs... Ben isn't Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. and he's NEVER going to be. He's Ben, and he does other things that make him great... but slinging the ball all over the field on timing patterns and into small windows just aint his thing.

jdehoff83
01-12-2013, 11:00 PM

Rodgers doesn't need a #1 WR to count on, he makes everyone on the field look like a #1 WR.

James Jones? He's nothing special. Neither is Jordy Nelson. Watch what Jennings does when he leaves Green Bay and doesn't have an elite QB throwing the ball.

When are Steelers fans going to realize... it's not the playcalling, it's not the Oline, it's not the WRs... Ben isn't Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. and he's NEVER going to be. He's Ben, and he does other things that make him great... but slinging the ball all over the field on timing patterns and into small windows just aint his thing.
Wrs can make a qb look alot better though and we dont have one that does. Boldin and smith just bail flacco out every game. We need a sure handed wr that makes tough catches...and its not wallace sorry.. keep slurpin bro lololol

NeilPatrickBanana
01-12-2013, 11:06 PM
yes, QBs like Flacco need WRs who can make plays for them. Are you comparing Ben to Flacco?

QBs like Rodgers need guys who run the route properly, because the ball will be delivered in a smaller window.

Real Deal Steel
01-12-2013, 11:09 PM
yes, QBs like Flacco need WRs who can make plays for them. Are you comparing Ben to Flacco?

QBs like Rodgers need guys who run the route properly, because the ball will be delivered in a smaller window.

Two different types of QB's. Your right about that.

NYCsteelersfan
01-12-2013, 11:23 PM
it's not the playcalling, it's not the Oline, it's not WRs...

We don't have any of those things and any football fan with the slightest bit of objectivity knows that, but it's Roethlisberger's fault that we don't score on offense.

You're like Gruden during Monday Night Football. You latch your mouth onto the quarterback's #%$& from the moment the game starts up until the game ends. By the time the game is over, the only thing you actually saw is the quarterback's balls.

Real Deal Steel
01-12-2013, 11:40 PM
We don't have any of those things and any football fan with the slightest bit of objectivity knows that, but it's Roethlisberger's fault that we don't score on offense.

You're like Gruden during Monday Night Football. You latch your mouth onto the quarterback's #%$& from the moment the game starts up until the game ends. By the time the game is over, the only thing you actually saw is the quarterback's balls.

This made me laugh.

polamalu43
01-12-2013, 11:49 PM

Go pick another site or team to cheer for "Banana"....talk about a Dick

NeilPatrickBanana
01-12-2013, 11:50 PM

I don't think you have the slightest idea what the word "objective" means.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-12-2013, 11:52 PM
Go pick another site or team to cheer for "Banana"....talk about a Dick

i like this site

polamalu43
01-12-2013, 11:56 PM
I joined to talk about the Steelers...........not listen to some "Banana" chirp about crap. You're a joke!

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 12:00 AM
I joined to talk about the Steelers...........not listen to some "Banana" chirp about crap. You're a joke!

do you wanna talk about the steelers honestly, or do you wanna be a homer?

polamalu43
01-13-2013, 12:03 AM
Worst poster on the board Banana......anyway I am done with you.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 12:05 AM
Worst poster on the board Banana......anyway I am done with you.

i thought you liked talking about the steelers? instead, it seems like you enjoy acting like an infant

USMC607
01-13-2013, 12:42 AM
I dont think we need to spend a 1st Rder on a WR....We have other massive problems

Ryan Swope, Connor Vernon, Marquess Wilson, Aaron Mellette to name a few RD 4 or later guys as an example.

You could pray that guys like Robert Woods, Justin Hunter, DaRick Rodgers falls to the 3rd but who knows the draft is hard to predict and nowadays everyone loves Offense so WR fly off the boards.

But if we ended up going WR in the 1st or 2nd i wouldnt be mad if players like J. Jones, Mingo, Te'O, Warmack are off the board at pick 17... But i really think a Pass Rusher is a top priority. We need someone to replace Harrison because to be honest behind him we have no one.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 12:51 AM
I dont think we need to spend a 1st Rder on a WR....We have other massive problems

Ryan Swope, Connor Vernon, Marquess Wilson, Aaron Mellette to name a few RD 4 or later guys as an example.

You could pray that guys like Robert Woods, Justin Hunter, DaRick Rodgers falls to the 3rd but who knows the draft is hard to predict and nowadays everyone loves Offense so WR fly off the boards.

But if we ended up going WR in the 1st or 2nd i wouldnt be mad if players like J. Jones, Mingo, Te'O, Warmack are off the board at pick 17... But i really think a Pass Rusher is a top priority. We need someone to replace Harrison because to be honest behind him we have no one.

i agree... pass rusher is the primary need... but if the big 5 are gone (werner, jones, jordan, moore, mingo), then im leaning WR (Hopkins or Patterson) @17

DBR96A
01-13-2013, 01:46 AM
For those of you who want to bitch about the Steelers not scoring enough, and assuming that it's Roethlisberger's fault, allow me to slap you with some facts:

1. Only four teams had fewer TD runs than the Steelers this season.

2. Only three teams had fewer defensive TDs than the Steelers this season.

3. No team had fewer special teams TDs than the Steelers this season.

4. Only two teams had fewer non-passing TDs than the Steelers this season.

5. Only seven teams had more TD passes than the Steelers this season.*

(*: This despite Ben Roethlisberger missing three-and-a-half games due to injury.)

If you divide 16 by 12.5, and then multiply the quotient by 26, you get a number that rounds to 33, which means that Ben Roethlisberger was on pace to throw 33 TD passes in 16 games. (Yes, he could have thrown less than 33 if he played 16 games, but he could just as easily have thrown more than 33.) With 33 TD passes, the Steelers would have ranked 5th in TD passes, but they'd still only rank 15th in total TDs, which illustrates just how bad every other unit of the team was at scoring TDs. The best teams score TDs in all different ways. Three of the four teams that played today got TDs from either their defense or their special teams, and the one that didn't got four TDs from their running game. (That's half as many TD runs in one playoff game as the Steelers had all season.)

Plain and simple, the passing game is not responsible for the Steelers' scoring problems. They're the only unit putting points on the board reliably.

USMC607
01-13-2013, 02:05 AM
I dont think ive seen anybody in this topic blaming Ben. The original poster just asked if we would go WR in the 1st round or not, and what peoples thoughts on it were.

And me and laser kangaroo were saying how WR was not a big enough need to go RD 1...or 2 for that matter... Especially if there are good Pass Rushing OLB prospects on the board. However if there are not, and given that fact wallace could be gone and heath will be out for a while and sanders could even get snagged if we tender him under a 1st rounder.

We could possibly be going into next yr with just Brown and Cotchery so WR is a need. and if all the good pass rushers are gone at 17 a WR like DeAndre Hopkins, Terrance Williams could be a possibility along with even a RB like Ed Lacy.

You never know
Were gonna need to pick a WR up at some point in the draft if we dont sign wallace so.

TarlsQtr
01-13-2013, 11:23 AM
Wrs can make a qb look alot better though and we dont have one that does. Boldin and smith just bail flacco out every game. We need a sure handed wr that makes tough catches...and its not wallace sorry.. keep slurpin bro lololol

I believe we had one (Hines) and have one (Cotch) but the latter never plays...

TarlsQtr
01-13-2013, 11:29 AM
For those of you who want to bitch about the Steelers not scoring enough, and assuming that it's Roethlisberger's fault, allow me to slap you with some facts:

1. Only four teams had fewer TD runs than the Steelers this season.

2. Only three teams had fewer defensive TDs than the Steelers this season.

3. No team had fewer special teams TDs than the Steelers this season.

4. Only two teams had fewer non-passing TDs than the Steelers this season.

5. Only seven teams had more TD passes than the Steelers this season.*

(*: This despite Ben Roethlisberger missing three-and-a-half games due to injury.)

If you divide 16 by 12.5, and then multiply the quotient by 26, you get a number that rounds to 33, which means that Ben Roethlisberger was on pace to throw 33 TD passes in 16 games. (Yes, he could have thrown less than 33 if he played 16 games, but he could just as easily have thrown more than 33.) With 33 TD passes, the Steelers would have ranked 5th in TD passes, but they'd still only rank 15th in total TDs, which illustrates just how bad every other unit of the team was at scoring TDs. The best teams score TDs in all different ways. Three of the four teams that played today got TDs from either their defense or their special teams, and the one that didn't got four TDs from their running game. (That's half as many TD runs in one playoff game as the Steelers had all season.)

Plain and simple, the passing game is not responsible for the Steelers' scoring problems. They're the only unit putting points on the board reliably.

Good post and where that matters most is the red zone. Imagine 1st and goal from the 7, is there anyone that would be afraid of the Steelers running it in from there with 2-3 power runs? Even an average running game would make Ben MUCH better.

cbrunn
01-13-2013, 11:37 AM
Good post and where that matters most is the red zone. Imagine 1st and goal from the 7, is there anyone that would be afraid of the Steelers running it in from there with 2-3 power runs? Even an average running game would make Ben MUCH better.

Running game isn't necessarily the result of the Running Backs ... the OLine is never healthy ... with a healthy Decastro and Healthy Mike Adams and Healthy Willy Colon , the Running game should be vastly improved ... there is no RB that would work behind the patch work line they had to put out there, except Barry Sanders cause he did it with no Oline

Think Peterson would go over 2k yards with Oline of Starks - Foster - Pouncey - ? wasn't it like Maliki or something like that - Beachum???

TarlsQtr
01-13-2013, 11:41 AM
Running game isn't necessarily the result of the Running Backs ... the OLine is never healthy ... with a healthy Decastro and Healthy Mike Adams and Healthy Willy Colon , the Running game should be vastly improved ... there is no RB that would work behind the patch work line they had to put out there, except Barry Sanders cause he did it with no Oline

Think Peterson would go over 2k yards with Oline of Starks - Foster - Pouncey - ? wasn't it like Maliki or something like that - Beachum???

Believe me, I understand that our crappy running game is a team "effort." The O-Line is just as responsible as those spare parts we call "running backs."

RIVERS OF STEEL
01-13-2013, 11:54 AM
Where?

Zachintosh66
01-13-2013, 12:13 PM
when we were running the ball well the OL was fairly the same line-up... soon as we started our musical chairs due to injuries it was over

that reason, plus Ben getting hurt teams weren't scared of Ben over top. Their defense could stop the run with our suspect back-up talent and completely average RBs and concentrate on either getting to Ben or dropping into coverage to cover for him... then our WRs didnt help the situation either.

The problem is not the either the Offense and Defensive systems... its talent (or lack there-of), injuries (not conditioning), the inability to groom and play the young guys faster (coaches) and the lack of fire/leadership on and off the field, no attitude, no confidence.

Individual aspects of the game we need to improve: Pass rush, OL Coach worth a damn (Personally Im glad Kuger is gone), a RB, a ST's coach worth a damn.

Our current WRs im down on: I dont want to lose Wallace or Sanders, but Id rather not lose Sanders. I really like Cotch, I like to see Plex come back b/c he'll prolly be hungry to prove something. But I do think that NONE of them may be a true #1 WR (as far as route, to catch, to holding onto it, to overall playmaking ability). I do think we can "get by" with AB and Sanders, however theres no way we should take a WR high in the draft, theres many more "holes" IMO.

March 1st cant get here fast enuff...

cbrunn
01-13-2013, 12:24 PM
when we were running the ball well the OL was fairly the same line-up... soon as we started our musical chairs due to injuries it was over

that reason, plus Ben getting hurt teams weren't scared of Ben over top. Their defense could stop the run with our suspect back-up talent and completely average RBs and concentrate on either getting to Ben or dropping into coverage to cover for him... then our WRs didnt help the situation either.

The problem is not the either the Offense and Defensive systems... its talent (or lack there-of), injuries (not conditioning), the inability to groom and play the young guys faster (coaches) and the lack of fire/leadership on and off the field, no attitude, no confidence.

Individual aspects of the game we need to improve: Pass rush, OL Coach worth a damn (Personally Im glad Kuger is gone), a RB, a ST's coach worth a damn.

Our current WRs im down on: I dont want to lose Wallace or Sanders, but Id rather not lose Sanders. I really like Cotch, I like to see Plex come back b/c he'll prolly be hungry to prove something. But I do think that NONE of them may be a true #1 WR (as far as route, to catch, to holding onto it, to overall playmaking ability). I do think we can "get by" with AB and Sanders, however theres no way we should take a WR high in the draft, theres many more "holes" IMO.

March 1st cant get here fast enuff...

If tender Sanders a rd 3. I wouldn't be too mad if somebody took him off our hands ... give us more options ... Bring back Plax and Cotch ... so go into the draft with Brown, Cotch , Plax ... easily get a 1-3rd receiver to give some youth...

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 01:26 PM
I love Justin Hunter from Tennessee

or De'Andre Hopkins from Clemson

but at 17 ... hmmmmm maybe a reach

Hopkins is nice. but not at 17

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 01:32 PM

Sure we need a pass rusher. No doubt. But we also need someone to push the pocket up the middle on passing downs so the opposing QB doesn't step up. With that said, I think getting that stud nose tackle is just as important as the pass rusher on the edge because a guy who gives push up the middle forces Flacco to move to one side or the other towards our DE's.

If we used our # 17 pick to take the best one off the board, I wouldn't be upset about that at all. Because it is a red alert need. Colon is soooooooooooooo done. Which leaves us with Mclendon..and I'm not that satisfied with him and we need depth anyway.

Nolrog
01-13-2013, 01:34 PM
I wouldn't waste that first round pick on anything other than a top receiver, top tight end or a great offensive lineman.

So you think taking Jarvis Jones or Mante T'eo would be a waste of the first round pick? On a defense that has 7 starters over 30, 2 safeties and 2 OLB that both miss huge amounts of time and a CB that's likely to leave in FA?

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 01:36 PM
We used to be dominant, controling the middle of the line; what happened to that??? That's the kind of thing that goes a long way but many don't appreciate that. We need to get back to doing things, " The Steelers Way" and being dominant on both lines is where we start.

Getting that stud nose tackle Jonathan Jenkins for Georgia, would be a fantastic start. and we could possibly trade down a bit and still land him.

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 01:38 PM
So you think taking Jarvis Jones or Mante T'eo would be a waste of the first round pick? On a defense that has 7 starters over 30, 2 safeties and 2 OLB that both miss huge amounts of time and a CB that's likely to leave in FA?

I agree with Nolrog. We need to fix that D-line and linebackers. That should be our priority. We've used enough first round picks on the O-line and there are no WR worth a first round selection. And I'm not wasting a first round pick on a TE. Please.

Zachintosh66
01-13-2013, 01:55 PM
I agree with Nolrog. We need to fix that D-line and linebackers. That should be our priority. We've used enough first round picks on the O-line and there are no WR worth a first round selection. And I'm not wasting a first round pick on a TE. Please.

or WR as a cpl suggested

Nolrog
01-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Getting that stud nose tackle Jonathan Jenkins for Georgia, would be a fantastic start. and we could possibly trade down a bit and still land him.

We need a defensive playmaker, no question. I don't know enough about Jenkins to comment, but I'm not opposed to trading down to get that stud we need. I am concerned, though, that it would be a 6th consecutive first round pick on the line, and we'd be sporting a DL that has three number 1 picks, which is a large amount of #1s to spend on the DL. We need to find value on the DL later in the draft, like we did on the OL with Beachum. We can't keep throwing more skill picks at the wall later in the draft and hope they stick.

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Here's a thought Mr. Rooney..why don't you allow us to use free agency to fix the WR position. Stupid *** Rooney still stuck in the 1980's.
With bust drafting by Colbert (including wasting a 4th and 5th round pick on Rainey and t'aamu) is all the more reason we need to use free agency in a more serious way.

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 02:02 PM
What other team has cut their 4th and 5th round picks this year???? Colbert should be demoted.

TarlsQtr
01-13-2013, 02:04 PM
Johnathan Hankins from Ohio State has been mentioned going to us as well. Another lineman though...

TarlsQtr
01-13-2013, 02:07 PM
Here's a thought Mr. Rooney..why don't you allow us to use free agency to fix the WR position. Stupid *** Rooney still stuck in the 1980's.
With bust drafting by Colbert (including wasting a 4th and 5th round pick on Rainey and t'aamu) is all the more reason we need to use free agency in a more serious way.

Who would you suggest? And at what price? There is NO WAY we will get a WR better than what we have with our cap situation.

You can scream "FA" all you want but it is just not feasible.

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 02:13 PM
I'm sorry Tarlsqtr, but you've got to stop PMing me and and asking me out. I told you that I"m heterosexual and your constant following of me is starting to become disturbing. You've been put on the ignore list. Once again, I'm sorry but I'm heterosexual. I like woman! I've told you that in your PM's and I'm telling you publicly now. I'm sure you'll find the guy for you sooner or later. Gzzzz.

TarlsQtr
01-13-2013, 02:54 PM
I'm sorry Tarlsqtr, but you've got to stop PMing me and and asking me out. I told you that I"m heterosexual and your constant following of me is starting to become disturbing. You've been put on the ignore list. Once again, I'm sorry but I'm heterosexual. I like woman! I've told you that in your PM's and I'm telling you publicly now. I'm sure you'll find the guy for you sooner or later. Gzzzz.

Hilarious. You go crying to your daddy Blitz like the beoch you are about "personal attacks" and then make gay smears on the same message board. In addition to being dumb and a beoch, we now also know that you are a hypocrite.

Not to mention, you never did answer the question as you were too busy biting the mod' s pillow.

NYCsteelersfan
01-13-2013, 03:23 PM

Seeing what was supposedly the second best defense in the league give up 38 points in a loss to miserable Flacco, and seeing the supposedly third best defense give up 24 points reaffirms my personal opinion that the Steelers defense is not an issue that needs to be addressed above offense. I completely disagree with many on this forum who feel the defense needs to be improved or addressed when this defense was supposedly first in the league as is.

This is now an offensive league. It has been for many years now and it only gets worse every season. New rules are designed every season to bolster offensive gameplay and old rules are reinterpreted by the refs to further bolster offensive gameplay. The NFL is now America's sport, which means all the former bandwagon baseball fans who only watched because it was popular and only cared to see homeruns now watch the NFL and they only want to see TDs, specifically of the passing variety. The casual NFL fan doesn't want to see 13-10 games, especially not in the playoffs. The NFL knows that and acts accordingly.

A pass rusher probably will not help us win playoff games, IF we make the playoffs. This team scored 4 or more TDs only one time the entire season. The Dolphins, Browns, Bills, Titans, Jets, and Raiders scored 4 or more TDs more than once. And that's just some of the sloppy NFL teams that were able to do it more than the Steelers. This team is offensively deficient at this point. It has fallen behind most other teams and some much needed talent on the offensive line and WR positions is what this offense and team needs more than anything else.

NYCsteelersfan
01-13-2013, 03:25 PM

I would love if the team used free agency to obtain some offensive players, and use the draft for defensive players, but the former will happen when it's a cold day in hell.

NYCsteelersfan
01-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Who would you suggest? And at what price? There is NO WAY we will get a WR better than what we have with our cap situation.

You can scream "FA" all you want but it is just not feasible.

Because the team chooses to make sure it's never feasible.

Crash
01-13-2013, 03:32 PM
If they want to run the ball? Then they have to try and convince DeAngelo Williams or Steven Jackson to take less to try and win a ring late in their careers.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 03:32 PM

oh man!!! ziiiiinggggggg!!!! Hey you should've finished your awesome diss with, "and that's the Deal, the Real Deal"

dork

TarlsQtr
01-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Because the team chooses to make sure it's never feasible.

How so? Keep in mind that any money spent on free agency is money that cannot be spent on one of our own players. In the business world, it is called "opportunity cost." Yeah, perhaps we could spend 10 million on a WR (about what it would take to get one better than we have) but that 10 million means we do not sign Keenan Lewis or someone else we have coming up as a FA.

Why do you believe the Rooneys eschew other teams' free agents? Just to bust our balls? No, because they know the cost of it and have determined that keeping our own makes better sense. They are not sitting in their offices thinking up excuses for not dipping into the market, that is for sure.

NYCsteelersfan
01-13-2013, 04:02 PM
How so? Keep in mind that any money spent on free agency is money that cannot be spent on one of our own players. In the business world, it is called "opportunity cost." Yeah, perhaps we could spend 10 million on a WR (about what it would take to get one better than we have) but that 10 million means we do not sign Keenan Lewis or someone else we have coming up as a FA.

Why do you believe the Rooneys eschew other teams' free agents? Just to bust our balls? No, because they know the cost of it and have determined that keeping our own makes better sense. They are not sitting in their offices thinking up excuses for not dipping into the market, that is for sure.

I don't want to spend money signing Keenan Lewis. I don't care if the defense takes a dip from first in the league to 10th as long as the offense improves. I want the team to sign an elite WR like Boldin at the expense of the defense just like the Ravens did. They're going to the AFC conference championship. The Steelers are still living in the 70s by concentrating on having a great defense but only managing to score an average of less than 3 TDs per game.

TarlsQtr
01-13-2013, 04:25 PM
I don't want to spend money signing Keenan Lewis. I don't care if the defense takes a dip from first in the league to 10th as long as the offense improves. I want the team to sign an elite WR like Boldin at the expense of the defense just like the Ravens did. They're going to the AFC conference championship. The Steelers are still living in the 70s by concentrating on having a great defense but only managing to score an average of less than 3 TDs per game.

Our offensive difficulties have not been from lack of spending on offense. Even if we went with you philosophy, it still does not indicate that we should spend big in the FA market. You could do the same by using top draft choices on offense.

NYCsteelersfan
01-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Our offensive difficulties have not been from lack of spending on offense. Even if we went with you philosophy, it still does not indicate that we should spend big in the FA market. You could do the same by using top draft choices on offense.

Which was the exact point of this threat. Is there a REAL #1 receiver that can be had with our first round pick?

And you're wrong. Our offensive difficulties are not solely due to lack of spending, but that is definitely part of the problem.

LatrobePA
01-13-2013, 04:40 PM
Offensive struggles= Ben being injured! Had he stayed clean we'd be watching this team playing this weekend!

TarlsQtr
01-13-2013, 04:40 PM
Which was the exact point of this threat. Is there a REAL #1 receiver that can be had with our first round pick?

OK, It is something to look at. However, it is far different than the post I commented on, about getting WRs through FA. That is not feasible.

NYCsteelersfan
01-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Offensive struggles= Ben being injured! Had he stayed clean we'd be watching this team playing this weekend!

The team was no offensive force even before Roethlisberger got injured. Even if we made the playoffs, we would've gotten blown out. Just look at the scores.

OK, It is something to look at. However, it is far different than the post I commented on, about getting WRs through FA. That is not feasible.

Understood.

LatrobePA
01-13-2013, 08:40 PM
The team was no offensive force even before Roethlisberger got injured. Even if we made the playoffs, we would've gotten blown out. Just look at the scores.

Understood.

I gotta agree.. No fire no nastiness!

LatrobePA
01-13-2013, 09:15 PM
We need to get a physical big body type wr.

NYCsteelersfan
01-13-2013, 09:19 PM

It would make a huge difference, especially with Miller and or another sure-handed TE.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 09:20 PM

it's a good draft for getting one in the mid 1st (hopkins, patterson, allen, williams)

LatrobePA
01-13-2013, 09:20 PM
It would make a huge difference, especially with Miller and or another sure-handed TE.

The "young money" crew are tiny.

LatrobePA
01-13-2013, 09:21 PM
it's a good draft for getting one in the mid 1st (hopkins, patterson, allen, williams)

I like to hear that...

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 11:04 PM

Being realistic, I don't think we are taking a WR in the fist round. We have waaaay more pressing needs for that first round pick.

LatrobePA
01-13-2013, 11:06 PM
Being realistic, I don't think we are taking a WR in the fist round. We have waaaay more pressing needs for that first round pick.

I wasn't saying to do so in the first. FA, later rounds perhaps.

polamalu43
01-13-2013, 11:34 PM
I can't see us going Oline in the first round. We need a WR, TE and RB but I see us waiting till round 3/4/5 for these. The Steeler way will be LB and S in the first 2 rounds UNLESS an unexpected stud drops that we can't ignore.

I think this is the year we grab a cheap FA WR. So we would have Brown, Sanders, Cotchery, FA and a Draft pick.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 11:34 PM

:scratch: Really? way more pressing needs?

We are losing our #1 WR... we have no one remotely capable of replacing him. Emmanuel Sanders is unsigned and is barely an average NFL WR. Until we start cutting players... WR is clearly our most pressing need.

if we cut harrison, pass rusher joins WR as our most pressing need. and based on the depth behind him, i consider pressing regardless. but seriously... WR is right up there with any other position as a "pressing need"

When the only WRs you have under contract are :Antonio Brown, Jerricho Cotchery, and Tony Clemons...the position is most definitely pressing

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 11:38 PM
i think we could see up to 7 WRs go in the first round. and the Steelers are one of the neediest teams at the position.
allen, hopkins, patterson, williams, hunter, austin, woods

polamalu43
01-13-2013, 11:40 PM
I would not be opposed to a WR in the first but there are too many others that will be on the Steelers big board at 17. Maybe WR in the 2nd....but I still think we wait til the 3rd. Toney Clemons is signed by Jacksonville.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-13-2013, 11:49 PM
I would not be opposed to a WR in the first but there are too many others that will be on the Steelers big board at 17. Maybe WR in the 2nd....but I still think we wait til the 3rd. Toney Clemons is signed by Jacksonville.

oops, i missed that one.

well, we've got david gilreath... so no worries. lol

polamalu43
01-13-2013, 11:57 PM
I forgot about Gilreath......I do agree we need a bigger WR with some size and muscle to go along with our smaller and faster guys.

coldrolled
01-14-2013, 07:29 AM
If we dont sign Wallace and spend the Millions... why cant we get a top FA WR and spend the same millions?
For the money... we could in reality, get a better WR than Wallace, for what he is asking right?

Reality check is we have few explosive Offensive players... And we have few explosive defensive turn over machines. we are average.. 8-8 is about right.

cbrunn
01-14-2013, 08:28 AM
I like Cobi Hamilton a lot ... not first ... but certainly could be there in the 2nd

Zachintosh66
01-14-2013, 04:01 PM
We are losing our #1 WR... we have no one remotely capable of replacing him. Emmanuel Sanders is unsigned and is barely an average NFL WR. Until we start cutting players... WR is clearly our most pressing need

thats funny I didnt know we had a #1

gilreath = tyler grisham

Real Deal Steel
01-14-2013, 04:05 PM
I didn't know we had a # 1 WR either.

NYCsteelersfan
01-15-2013, 12:29 PM
The Steelers have a #1 receiver?