PDA

View Full Version : Chris Rainey Cut/Waived

NeilPatrickBanana
01-10-2013, 05:08 PM
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Waive-Running-Back-Chris-Rainey/e6ef20f9-3a5f-4cf7-87e4-1599b0cdb1e4

steelchamp204
01-10-2013, 05:13 PM
We know, combine this with the other thread.

USMC607
01-10-2013, 05:16 PM
It should just say waived for being a POS human being

I dont care how bad a female pisses u off u nvr hit them...

What a punk...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

NeilPatrickBanana
01-10-2013, 05:16 PM
Sorry,

Edit/Update the other Thread title

LatrobePA
01-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Another wasted draft pick! Dammit!!!

steelchamp204
01-10-2013, 05:19 PM
The espn message boards are blowing up.

Why did they Waive Rainey, but not Ben. People dont understand the difference of being accused and charged.

steelspikes
01-10-2013, 05:27 PM
Management likely had signed him with a proviso that any thuggish behavior would not be tolerated; they made good on their promise.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-10-2013, 06:06 PM
The espn message boards are blowing up.

Why did they Waive Rainey, but not Ben. People dont understand the difference of being accused and charged.

Not only that but Ben is a franchise QB and Rainey is nothing be a 5th round role player......

SuperSteelers
01-10-2013, 06:26 PM
One less baggage to worry about.

steelchamp204
01-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Not only that but Ben is a franchise QB and Rainey is nothing be a 5th round role player......

Well, it shouldnt really matter either or. Not saying Ben is guilty, but the **** he put the organization and the fanbase through suck balls sometimes. Im just going to leave it as that. I dont wnt to start a debate on Ben not being here or what should have happened. Im just glad Rainey is gone.

Goodfrom55
01-10-2013, 06:36 PM
Crime is a crime, but when it is domestic violence, particularly man hitting a woman, no tolerance for that as there shouldn't be. He'll probably get picked up by New England, they will cut Danny Woodcock, and Rainey will be a freak.

Clevelandsux
01-10-2013, 08:16 PM
Rainey already had a history of this. Steelers took a gamble on him. He wasn't that good anyway. Ok kick returner, but that's all. Too small.

USMC607
01-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Yea they jad gilbert and pouncey vouching for him... Nxt time dont let 23/24 yr olds tell you who to pick thats everyone involved in deciding who gets picked were trying to get the BPA not reunite old friends.

LatrobePA
01-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Rainey already had a history of this. Steelers took a gamble on him. He wasn't that good anyway. Ok kick returner, but that's all. Too small.

Right, another wasted draft pick...

DIESELMAN
01-10-2013, 08:37 PM
It should just say waived for being a POS human being

I dont care how bad a female pisses u off u nvr hit them...

What a punk...

Totally agree.....:yellowthumb:

steelchamp204
01-10-2013, 10:11 PM
I wonder what players in the 70's think about these guys that play the game these days and do all this stupid **** off the field.

StlersGuy
01-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Glad to see they did the right thing by cutting him he was heading down a bad road and we don't need it in our locker room right now

Sent using iOS 6 by way of the iPhone

polamalu43
01-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Why can these guys not stay out of trouble......he would have been my sleeper next year! The whole Ta'amu incident sure seemed pretty bad. Wonder why they kept him? First offence? It is a doozy though.

USMC607
01-10-2013, 11:17 PM
Ta'amu the character from those twisted metal games??? Wait that was a real life event wasn't it?

I have no clue what Twisted Metal Ta'amu was thinking... I mean ok a DUI most sports athletes can get out of that with community service or a big fine... But you have to Road Rash half way down Carson Street and then get out and run and resist arrest... Did he really think he was gonna way??? Was he gonna blend in with all the other 6'6 330LB Samoans in Pittsburgh... lol give me a break

coldrolled
01-10-2013, 11:29 PM
Why can these guys not stay out of trouble......he would have been my sleeper next year! The whole Ta'amu incident sure seemed pretty bad. Wonder why they kept him? First offence? It is a doozy though.

The names on the draft board are many... we pick 7 of them. maybe background checks need to be adhered to...
If they have problems let another team deal with them. get the next BPA..

USMC607
01-11-2013, 12:12 AM
The names on the draft board are many... we pick 7 of them. maybe background checks need to be adhered to...
If they have problems let another team deal with them. get the next BPA..

Sometimes its just the luck of the draw... Let's be honest nobody wanted to touch Burflict with a 10 foot pole, because he had attitude problems... The bengals grabbed him and i dont think ive heard one bad thing about him this season about causing problems or anything. Ya it could happen later down the line. But for now it looks good..

Rainey had a situation that everyone was told was a isolated incident and that he just got a little heated and it was blown out of proportion. So we picked him up and now hes beating a girl in the middle of public.

Some of the biggest scumbags in the world seem like the nicest people and you would never know they are POS humans.
Especially if they have something to get from putting on the show... (Like a NFL contract). But once they get it, personas change and they turn into who they truly are.

Farrior Fan
01-11-2013, 12:21 AM
Depends on how hammered he was, there were some times in my drinking days that I thought I was superman. And I didn't spend all day working out like an NFL athlete. Either way I cannot believe he is still a Steeler.
Ta'amu the character from those twisted metal games??? Wait that was a real life event wasn't it?

I have no clue what Twisted Metal Ta'amu was thinking... I mean ok a DUI most sports athletes can get out of that with community service or a big fine... But you have to Road Rash half way down Carson Street and then get out and run and resist arrest... Did he really think he was gonna way??? Was he gonna blend in with all the other 6'6 330LB Samoans in Pittsburgh... lol give me a break

USMC607
01-11-2013, 12:39 AM
Well then he failed b4 he even began drinking that night... I know I know they are human too and they need to go out and feel normal etc. Im also sure he wants to go out and spend some of the money that when he was younger prob never thought he'd have or at least that much when he grew up.

But when your in a business where you are going to be scrutinized for pissing on the toilet seat wrong, you need to behave yourself or if you go out and party control yourself... We had a term in the marines. Controlled Chaos - pretty much go fuK **** up but never lose control of yourself to point where you make a mistake and get yourself or someone else hurt.

Hes young i get it... But if you wanna go out and drink and have fun control yourself... If you wanna get white-girl wasted and black-out drunk stay at home and have a bunch of your buddies come over. At least that way its controlled to a certain extent...

USMC607
01-11-2013, 12:45 AM
Don't get me wrong im not old at all. But i have no idea what's going on with my generation...

Back in the day it was few and far between that you seen players act the way these kids do now-a-days...

It's like the world owes them something. Most lack motivation, or desire. It feels like all they play for is the money and winning is just a consolation prize. There are only a handful of players that give it 100 percent that play hurt if its not too bad. Go across the middle and catch the ball knowing they are gonna get hit instead of gator arming it or not even going for it for fear of being hit. Etc Etc.

Then they go after the games and drink and do all this crazy stupid **** because they think because they are big and fast that nothing can hurt them, or that any problems they get into their celeb status or money can get them out of it.

Its a shame... It really is

USMC607
01-11-2013, 12:50 AM
Who remembers mean joe going into games with a broken hand or something wrapped up with like 800 rolls of medical tape. Still playing and actually using his giant bandage hand as a weapon to club opposing Olineman's heads with.

Now players are out for 2 months with ****ing turf toe.... I've played football in highschool, and hockey in highschool and college and unless it was something serious like Torn MCL or Broken Humerus i was on the field or at least trying to get on...

I guess its different when you just play cause you love the sport. Not for fame, money, and all the material things.

Rhyno
01-11-2013, 01:07 AM
Now players are out for 2 months with ****ing turf toe....

You should watch it with the turf-toe business. You are probably too young to know just how bad it can be. (#58)

polamalu43
01-11-2013, 01:37 AM
My guess is that Rainey was told he had Zero chances and when this happened the Steelers had no choice. He will resurface on another team and it sort of sucks, but every man has to own up to their actions. Our 2012 Draft has not lived up to all the hype. Lets hope Beachum turns into a gem:)

USMC607
01-11-2013, 01:43 AM
You should watch it with the turf-toe business. You are probably too young to know just how bad it can be. (#58)

I was too young to know anything about Lambert's turf toe or how bad it was. I know after that season he retired 1984 right?

I was just trying to get my point across that back in the day players would play thru alot of pain, now a days they come off the field if they have a bad case of gas.

Big T
01-11-2013, 01:43 AM
My guess is that Rainey was told he had Zero chances and when this happened the Steelers had no choice. He will resurface on another team and it sort of sucks, but every man has to own up to their actions. Our 2012 Draft has not lived up to all the hype. Lets hope Beachum turns into a gem:)

Because our 1st 3 picks weren't injured most of, if not all of, this season...

polamalu43
01-11-2013, 01:49 AM
Like I said it hasn't lived up to the hype.

DeCastro - Injured
Adams - Injured but played some
Spence - Injured
Ta'amu - never played
Rainey - cut
Paulson - prospect
Beachum - prospect

Big T
01-11-2013, 01:58 AM
Just fyi for everyone, Rainey hasn't been officially waived. The team can't waive him until after the Super Bowl.

Zachintosh66
01-11-2013, 02:04 PM
this doesnt matter b/c they didnt use him right anyways...

JensK
01-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Might not sit too well with Pouncey this move.

LatrobePA
01-11-2013, 02:48 PM
Might not sit too well with Pouncey this move.

Who cares!

My response to not using him correctly, he's the size of a **** ant! How did you want to use him??

JensK
01-11-2013, 02:50 PM
Who cares!

My response to not using him correctly, he's the size of a **** ant! How did you want to use him??

As is Sproles. As is McCluster or whatever his name is. Both been doing pretty well.

LatrobePA
01-11-2013, 02:51 PM
As is Sproles. As is McCluster or whatever his name is. Both been doing pretty well.

They have some meat on their bones, this dude is tiny...

JensK
01-11-2013, 02:53 PM
He is tiny, but my point is that tiny players can be good in the right situation.

JollyRob68
01-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Hold onto him until the draft and try to get a 7th rounder from a bottom feeder that wants him or use to move up in a round. That's smarter than just releasing him for now.

Big T
01-11-2013, 03:23 PM
They have some meat on their bones, this dude is tiny...

McCluster: 5'8 170
Rainey: 5'8 180

Yes, he's tiny, but their are a countless number of ways his skill set can be utilized. We didn't do that.

LatrobePA
01-11-2013, 03:26 PM
McCluster: 5'8 170
Rainey: 5'8 180

Yes, he's tiny, but their are a countless number of ways his skill set can be utilized. We didn't do that.

I was being serious when I asked how would you of used him differently with out getting him broke. I wasn't trying to be smart, I thought they got him involved quite a bit.

Big T
01-11-2013, 03:30 PM
When he was in they treated him like a traditional RB, which he is not. He can do some running up the middle but not to the extent they ran him. He needed to be utilized on screens, dump offs, and draws. I barely saw any of that. He's a lethal reciever out of the backfield and a hell of a runner out of the shotgun. And this isn't some high school kid who's never played that can't take a hit. He's small, but he's a baller. Not to mention he should've been on punt returns all year. That **** still pisses me off.

Not to mention most of the time he was in was due to necessity (injuries), not creativity.

chisteeler
01-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Crime is a crime, but when it is domestic violence, particularly man hitting a woman, no tolerance for that as there shouldn't be. He'll probably get picked up by New England, they will cut Danny Woodcock, and Rainey will be a freak.
I thought New England also, but only used more in the slot. Who knows, maybe we'll both be right.

LatrobePA
01-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Chris Rainey's girlfriend says no assault took place

By

Published: January 11, 2013 at 4:16 PM PST

Modified: January 11, 2013 at 4:24 PM PST

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Former Pittsburgh Steeler Christopher Rainey's girlfriend says she was not assaulted, and that the state of Florida should drop the battery charge against him.

That's according to Rainey's lawyer, Huntley Johnson, who read an email from the woman during a bond hearing Friday. The Gainesville Sun posted video of the hearing on its website.

Gainesville police charged Rainey with simple battery Thursday after an alleged altercation with his girlfriend. Police say the two were arguing over Rainey's cellphone, and that when his girlfriend got into a vehicle, the ex-Florida Gator tried to pull her out. Witnesses told detectives that Rainey slapped his girlfriend across the face and then chased her when she ran away with his phone in her purse.

The girlfriend's email said the witnesses were mistaken, and Johnson pointed out that officers found no marks on the woman's face.

Rainey, who was cut by the Steelers after his arrest, was released after the hearing but ordered not to have any contact with his girlfriend.

Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press

NeilPatrickBanana
01-12-2013, 10:08 AM
When he was in they treated him like a traditional RB, which he is not. He can do some running up the middle but not to the extent they ran him. He needed to be utilized on screens, dump offs, and draws. I barely saw any of that. He's a lethal reciever out of the backfield and a hell of a runner out of the shotgun. And this isn't some high school kid who's never played that can't take a hit. He's small, but he's a baller. Not to mention he should've been on punt returns all year. That **** still pisses me off.

Not to mention most of the time he was in was due to necessity (injuries), not creativity.

the lack of schematically using Rainey was one of my biggest frustrations from a gameplanning/playcalling perspective. Especially with how much Haley used McCluster

cbrunn
01-12-2013, 10:47 AM
This sucks as I love Rainey in the return game , and as a weapon on offense

I agree they didn't use him right ...

The worse thing with this is I doubt they take any chances on anybody in the draft this year ... and then there goes Bacarri Rambo out the door :banging: ...

Real Deal Steel
01-12-2013, 12:06 PM
This sucks as I love Rainey in the return game , and as a weapon on offense

I agree they didn't use him right ...

The worse thing with this is I doubt they take any chances on anybody in the draft this year ... and then there goes Bacarri Rambo out the door :banging: ...

I agree with you that they will be taking no chances on questionable character guys in the coming draft. Especially with people questioning Colbert now, he's going to really walk the straight and narrow with those latter round picks.

LatrobePA
01-12-2013, 12:08 PM
To me with the big guy back in town the whole team coaches included have been put on check!