PDA

View Full Version : NY Jets interviewing Omar Kahn for open GM position...

USMC607
01-10-2013, 11:14 AM
NO!

I'm all for guys in the organization getting a shot at bigger and better things.

But this guy is a Salary Cap Genius. I would hate to lose him. This guy makes miracles with our cap when i think there is no way were going to be able to.

But good for him.

BLACKandGOLD
01-10-2013, 11:26 AM
I saw on Twitter that Dejan from the Pittsburgh Tribune Review doesn't think the Jets are smart enough to hire him. I definitely agree we can't afford to lose him, he is a complete genius with the cap

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk app

USMC607
01-10-2013, 11:30 AM
Ya i see they are interviewing 3 other guys too...

Hopefully they are that stupid. Because as the person who is doing the hiring all you have to do is look at his past body of work and see the miracles hes worked with the cap, and thats half the battle in the NFL is keeping as much talent as you can while staying under the cap but giving the players the money they want.

And at that there is no one better.

Nolrog
01-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Is Omar really a personnel guy though? He's great at negotiating contracts and managing the cap, but I'm not sure he's the guy I'd pick to build the team.

Zachintosh66
01-10-2013, 12:51 PM
hes our cap wizard... we need him back this offseason! next year doesnt look as bad as last year and this...

USMC607
01-10-2013, 01:19 PM
Is Omar really a personnel guy though? He's great at negotiating contracts and managing the cap, but I'm not sure he's the guy I'd pick to build the team.

He may not be... But he is the guy to pull rabbits out of hats when it comes to the salary cap...

So he should stay here, and continue his magic...

jpele
01-10-2013, 03:21 PM
We were in the same situation last year with someone wanting to hire Kahn and everyone was saying the same things. Well after thinking about it for awhile I have to ask, " while it seems that Omar works miracles every year getting us under the cap, wouldn't it be his fault that we're in cap hell in the first place? "

I'm asking because I honestly don' t know but his is the guy creating these contracts.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

USMC607
01-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Im not sure. He might create these problem by the contracts he comes up with. But the fact he never backs himself into a corner is amazing he always finds a way...

And im sure hed rather not have to constantly deal with things like being over the cap but im sure theres times it cant be helped but he always has a plan... and to be fair thats his JOB to deal with it

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

USMC607
01-10-2013, 05:26 PM
But ya i remember last yr too

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

scudmissile29
01-12-2013, 01:49 PM
He certainly isn't a cap genius.

Look at how many players we are going to have to cut to bring the salary to even.

LevonKirkland99
01-12-2013, 02:01 PM
hes our cap wizard... we need him back this offseason! next year doesnt look as bad as last year and this...

We need a coach who is a wizard at what he does as well.

USMC607
01-12-2013, 03:38 PM
He certainly isn't a cap genius.

Look at how many players we are going to have to cut to bring the salary to even.

A Bunch of old guys that need cut anyway and some 2nd tier players that for the most part dont matter? Although foster played well...

The rest of the guys just need restructured... That happens on every team... The fact that he kept that core together as long as he did is amazing...

Zachintosh66
01-12-2013, 11:25 PM
We need a coach who is a wizard at what he does as well.

true true :evilshake: