PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben endorses Bruce Arians

SnakeEyes43
01-09-2013, 10:20 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000124186/article/big-ben-endorses-bruce-arians-as-an-nfl-head-coach

Ben Roethlisberger has nothing but glowing remarks about Bruce Arians, who served as the Pittsburgh Steelers' offensive coordinator for five years.

The Steelers quarterback told the Chicago Tribune's Brad Biggs that Arians, now the Indianapolis Colts' offensive coordinator, is a players coach who can be hard on guys when it's needed. That was apparent in the way the Colts responded to Arians while coach Chuck Pagano battled leukemia.

Arians is a candidate for the open Chicago Bears, San Diego Chargers, Cleveland Browns and Philadelphia Eagles jobs.

"I talked to him every week, and I kept a real close eye on him and was just so happy for him and that team and what they were able to do this year," Roethlisberger said of Arians. "I know that it wasn't always easy with Chuck being out and all that stuff. No one better to fill that spot than Bruce."

Since Roethlisberger waxed poetic about Arians, it's hard not to think about the quarterback's relationship with current Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley. Roethlisberger criticized the new offense several times in 2012. He regularly apologized for those criticisms, but the partnership clearly isn't as lovey-dovey as it was with Arians.

http://blog.mdmadman.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/youdontsay-300x222.png

Clevelandsux
01-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Cut the ambilicol cord Ben and move on.

DBR96A
01-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Since Roethlisberger waxed poetic about Arians, it's hard not to think about the quarterback's relationship with current Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley. Roethlisberger criticized the new offense several times in 2012. He regularly apologized for those criticisms, but the partnership clearly isn't as lovey-dovey as it was with Arians.
Apparently it's also hard to for the media to take what he says at face value for a change.

LevonKirkland99
01-09-2013, 10:49 PM
The Ben Bruce love fest continues....its normal though

LatrobePA
01-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Yawwwwwwwn!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Some of our fans need to get over this really.....Ben and BA will always be close friends and there is nothing wrong with Ben supporting his close friend to be a potential HC.......

LatrobePA
01-09-2013, 11:56 PM
I have no problems with him and BA, none at all. However I would love to hear Ben come out and endorse his current OC at least act like he's buying into his system.

Zachintosh66
01-10-2013, 12:04 AM
shocked said no one

SuperSteelers
01-10-2013, 12:29 AM
I have no problems with him and BA, none at all. However I would love to hear Ben come out and endorse his current OC at least act like he's buying into his system.

Well said.

SteelerCountry58
01-10-2013, 01:03 AM
The manlove for BA seems to be contagious. I can't believe this guy is being mentioned
for a few coaching vacancies. They do realize the team was playing inspired because
of Pagano's illness and that afterall he had freakin ANDREW LUCK flinging the pigskin??
I think BA did a admirable job, but really? Desperation is a funny thing I guess.

Crash
01-10-2013, 01:46 AM
No different than Cowher endorsing Chan Gailey, and not one of his current assistants at the time, to replace him.

Crash
01-10-2013, 01:47 AM
Ben also came out and told everyone on CBS prior to the Bengals game that he and Haley were good.

I guess people missed that one.

Nolrog
01-10-2013, 07:37 AM
This is exactly the reason why Arians had to go (well, one of them anyway.) Ben needs to be challenged and sometimes yelled at to get out of his comfort zone continue to improve as a QB. And he was doing that too, at least until the injury.

Stone
01-10-2013, 09:10 AM
The manlove for BA seems to be contagious. I can't believe this guy is being mentioned
for a few coaching vacancies. They do realize the team was playing inspired because
of Pagano's illness and that afterall he had freakin ANDREW LUCK flinging the pigskin??
I think BA did a admirable job, but really? Desperation is a funny thing I guess.

That

Real Deal Steel
01-10-2013, 11:39 AM

Ben needs to get over it. Ben needs to act like an adult and really embrace the playbook of Haley. Ben seems to think that he is the "know it all" when it comes to offenses. Arians way, isn't the only way that has worked in the NFL. Ben is acting like a high school girl in a lot of ways in regards to this.

LatrobePA
01-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Ben needs to get over it. Ben needs to act like an adult and really embrace the playbook of Haley. Ben seems to think that he is the "know it all" when it comes to offenses. Arians way, isn't the only way that has worked in the NFL. Ben is acting like a high school girl in a lot of ways in regards to this.

Agreed 100% IMO Ben acted like a spoiled little kid. You're paid millions to play football, deal with it!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-10-2013, 11:48 AM
He endorsed his former OC and close friend to be a HC......This has nothing to do with Todd Haley.........lol I didn't hear Ben say I wish BA was back here or I havn't heard Ben say anything about Haley being replaced.....This is such a non issue.....

steelchamp204
01-10-2013, 11:56 AM
This story is blown out of proportion. He never ripped on Haley here, or wish BA was back.

Crash
01-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Who said he isn't embracing the play-book?

Go watch the short touchdown pass he threw to Will Johnson in the Redskins game.

As basic, and routine a play as there is.

And he was absolutely giddy.

Zachintosh66
01-10-2013, 12:23 PM
its a bro-mance

JShare86
01-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Agreed 100% IMO Ben acted like a spoiled little kid. You're paid millions to play football, deal with it!

Been saying this for a very long time now. Best player on the team but also the most immature and fake player we have as well.

Goodfrom55
01-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Some of our fans need to get over this really.....Ben and BA will always be close friends and there is nothing wrong with Ben supporting his close friend to be a potential HC.......

Boom! There you go. Exactly my thoughts.