PDA

View Full Version : Manti Teo sucks - Overrated

scudmissile29
01-08-2013, 11:39 AM
Wow whoever watched the BCS NCG last time knows that this goon is overrated and not even worth a first round selection. I was hoping we would take a look at Eddie Lacy who was viewed as a mid-round talent, that performance might've put him in the first round. I could see us taking him.

strummerfan
01-08-2013, 05:32 PM
I was never a fan of Teo as a first round pick and last nights performance just solidified that belief. He's a media darling that has had the benefit of playing against average(at best) competition. On Alabama's 2nd touchdown Warmack drove him 7-8 yards down the field, just absolutely crushed him. It reminded me of that scene with Oher it that stupid freaking movie. I like Warmack at 17 or trading down in the first and grabbing Vaccaro(maybe Elam). Warmack is easily my first choice. After all of these years of mediocre line play add the final piece and be done with it.

Zachintosh66
01-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Teo didnt have a good game, neither did anyone on ND Defense... so are they all overrated individual players?

To say hes not (still) a first round pick is ridiculous.

'Bama was a buzzsaw, plain and simple. I do think Oregon shoulda been in the game over ND but fact still is based on what we have currently...
Teo > Foote, and Teo > Sylvester

USMC607
01-08-2013, 08:09 PM
Teo didnt have a good game, neither did anyone on ND Defense... so are they all overrated individual players?

'Bama was a buzzsaw, plain and simple. I do think Oregon shoulda been in the game over ND but fact still is based on what we have currently...

Totally agree... I keep seeing people saying Te'O was a fake that got found out... Yes he played terrible but the WHOLE defense was terrible. He was constantly engulfed by the mammoth Bama Oline, and that blame falls on ND's Dline that was getting tossed around like rag dolls. and they weight wayyyy more then Te'O....

I still think Te'O is a solid 1st RD pick... and i hope nfl teams feel that way about him too because if he falls to 17 id be more then happy to have him on our team...

cbrunn
01-08-2013, 08:13 PM
I was never a fan of Teo as a first round pick and last nights performance just solidified that belief. He's a media darling that has had the benefit of playing against average(at best) competition. On Alabama's 2nd touchdown Warmack drove him 7-8 yards down the field, just absolutely crushed him. It reminded me of that scene with Oher it that stupid freaking movie. I like Warmack at 17 or trading down in the first and grabbing Vaccaro(maybe Elam). Warmack is easily my first choice. After all of these years of mediocre line play add the final piece and be done with it.

My exact thoughts :plus1:

K Train
01-08-2013, 10:14 PM
i love warmack and would love that pick, but warmack takes a lot of LBers back like that....NDs dline helped no one by getting completely dominated

USMC607
01-09-2013, 12:00 AM
i love warmack and would love that pick, but warmack takes a lot of LBers back like that....NDs dline helped no one by getting completely dominated

Exactly, ND's Dline got destroyed... So what was Te'O suppose to do... 255 ILB, Vs an offensive lineman sometimes 2 that on average i checked Alabamas Oline averages 315LBs. Thats 60lbs...

Not only is Bamas line filled with 1st Rd talent. They also have 60lbs on Te'O i dont care how good of a LB you are...

If a guy that big with similar talent gets his hands on you... Your going where he wants you to go and nowhere else...

USMC607
01-09-2013, 12:02 AM
But that doesn't excuse why Lacy was breaking his tackles and making him look silly as well... I think at that point Bama was in his head and he was making mental errors like not wrapping up and being out of position or over pursing..

connecticutsteel
01-09-2013, 08:09 AM
Ever heard of a bad game ? I'll admit it wasn't a game to not play well but to say he's a goon and he's not a1st round pick is stupid that would mean that every draft analyst and scout is wrong which i doubt . But as usual people on this board are always right like we should give Sergio Kindle a contract lol

cbrunn
01-09-2013, 08:45 AM
Ever heard of a bad game ? I'll admit it wasn't a game to not play well but to say he's a goon and he's not a1st round pick is stupid that would mean that every draft analyst and scout is wrong which i doubt . But as usual people on this board are always right like we should give Sergio Kindle a contract lol

He is not a top 5 or top 10 pick or even top 20 ... he is maxed out ... what you see is what you get, I don't think their is much room for growth... and after that game and the Combine his stock will fall even further

I don't think any of us are saying he's not a good player ... but he is no where close to being like this once in a lifetime LB that people are making him out to be

Number99
01-09-2013, 09:11 AM
I haven't thought for awhile that Teo was a real option for the Steelers going into this draft. He is a good ILB, but I think he lacks the type of speed that you need to be the versatile player the Steelers covet for their defense. We all saw the effects of a slower ILB when Farrior lost his speed. I would rather see a Nico Johnson or a Kevin Minter come into the fold over Teo.

JensK
01-09-2013, 09:41 AM
I think the issue with Teo is that he was unfairly propelled to a draft position where he never should have been. He was never a top 5 pick by any stretch, but it is equally unfair that people now call for his head because he had a single bad game against an amazing Alabama team. Sure, he had a bad game but we have no proof that it was because he is a bad player. He might just have had a bad game. After all, he has so much tape which shows that he is an absolute monster in the middle. Does one game just wash all those games away? Hardly. After all, that is not how this business works. I mean, we've seen PLENTY of dominant players have terrible games. No one called for Tom Bradys head after the Steelers defense had its way with him all game last year. He played against a good team which had a very good day coupled with the fact that he did not. It just happens at times, and people seriously need to calm down. Teo is still a great talent. He has been dominant all season, and would thrive in our system. Besides, I think that around 20 is where he belongs, so it would not be too much of a strech to say that picking him at 17 would make a lot of sense.

I will say this though. If the Alabama game showed us anything it was that Teo needs a good dline for him to be effective. He is still not the same kind of player that the SF crew is. He will not destroy an NFL guard, the same way Bowman can, but he can still be a differencemaker on defense.

scudmissile29
01-09-2013, 10:41 AM

foote > teo and spence > teo

sylvester never will start.

scudmissile29
01-09-2013, 10:43 AM

when has missed tackles been the d-line's fault? he looked like a pussy out there and not fit to wear steelers colours.

scudmissile29
01-09-2013, 10:45 AM
But that doesn't excuse why Lacy was breaking his tackles and making him look silly as well... I think at that point Bama was in his head and he was making mental errors like not wrapping up and being out of position or over pursing..

like that's good if we ever want to go to a super bowl again.

idiot chokes in biggest game of the year.

what the **** is he gonna do in the actual super bowl.

wow, no thanks.

lacey is a beast, wish he ran that goon over to get a touchdown like bettis did to urlacher.

that guy can go ****ing cry his eyes out after the game for his **** performance.

whilst lacey collects another ring.

K Train
01-09-2013, 12:02 PM
He is not a top 5 or top 10 pick or even top 20 ... he is maxed out ... what you see is what you get, I don't think their is much room for growth... and after that game and the Combine his stock will fall even further

I don't think any of us are saying he's not a good player ... but he is no where close to being like this once in a lifetime LB that people are making him out to be

what you see is what you get is not a way to describe Teo....no linebacker is effective without a dline to protect them, teo can literally play all 7 LB positions.

people were saying clay matthews was maxed out coming out of USC, he never even came close to doing what he is doing in GB while he was at USC.

hes going to be a good one, theres clearly some Notre Dame haters here and it appears just manti haters in general but he is going to be drafted high....people will forget about this game when they see his work outs and the body of work hes done over the past 4 years, including calling the defense which is massively underrated

coldrolled
01-09-2013, 12:13 PM
he is going to be drafted high....people will forget about this game when they see his work outs and the body of work hes done over the past 4 years, including calling the defense which is massively underrated

ILB QB... He may not be a steeler. But he will be a great LB for someone..

He goes before the 10th pick still... Warmack may go before 15.. that leaves us with Vaccaro on D.

I read something about a player named Greene LB from Rutgers.. Never watched rutgers play so i dont know what hes about.

Zachintosh66
01-09-2013, 02:28 PM
jury out on Spence... he has only wore a steelers helmet for 5 mins... cmon

coldrolled
01-09-2013, 03:23 PM
jury out on Spence... he has only wore a steelers helmet for 5 mins... cmon

I have this feeling we seen a good draft pick hit a land mine...

coldrolled
01-09-2013, 03:26 PM
this is the LB.. Anyone watch him play in any games..

Name: Khaseem Greene
College: Rutgers Number: 20
Height: 6-1 Weight: 234
Position: OLB Pos2: SS
Class/Draft Year: rSr/2013
40 Low: 4.52 40 Time: 4.64 40 High: 4.76
Projected Round: Stock:
Rated number 1 out of 250 OLB's 999 / 2780 TOTAL

Black@Gold Forever32
01-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Wow whoever watched the BCS NCG last time knows that this goon is overrated and not even worth a first round selection. I was hoping we would take a look at Eddie Lacy who was viewed as a mid-round talent, that performance might've put him in the first round. I could see us taking him.

So one bad game over writes two years of really good play by Te'o?.........I agree about Lacy but not in the first.....

scudmissile29
01-09-2013, 05:53 PM
So one bad game over writes two years of really good play by Te'o?.........I agree about Lacy but not in the first.....

notre dame played against **** opponents and when they played against a great team, they get slaughtered like a village in civil war.

he would get ****ed by richardson, what a waste, I hope we don't draft him or I quit supporting this team, that punk is useless and it annoys me that he's even has consideration for entering the draft. what a blowdoll for sucking on the big stage, and crying like a ****ing baby afterwards.

K Train
01-09-2013, 05:57 PM
thats ridiculous...not liking notre dame or their scheduling is one thing but its not like he was playing against retards with AIDS for 4 years. hes a good player and was on a good team, i find it really hard to blame him for them being destroyed by bama who went about their business like they always do...saban has built a power house, it was business as usual for them. Notre dame is sitting pretty with a #2 finish and #1 recruiting class. Teo is a great prospect and he was even before this season, most of which he spent in beast mode

Number99
01-09-2013, 06:13 PM
this is the LB.. Anyone watch him play in any games..

Name: Khaseem Greene
College: Rutgers Number: 20
Height: 6-1 Weight: 234
Position: OLB Pos2: SS
Class/Draft Year: rSr/2013
40 Low: 4.52 40 Time: 4.64 40 High: 4.76
Projected Round: Stock:
Rated number 1 out of 250 OLB's 999 / 2780 TOTAL

Draftscout is a great site, they don't have all the underclassman in their index yet. Greene won't be rated higher then Jarvis Jones or Mingo.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-09-2013, 07:18 PM
notre dame played against **** opponents and when they played against a great team, they get slaughtered like a village in civil war.

he would get ****ed by richardson, what a waste, I hope we don't draft him or I quit supporting this team, that punk is useless and it annoys me that he's even has consideration for entering the draft. what a blowdoll for sucking on the big stage, and crying like a ****ing baby afterwards.

You're entitled to your opinion but I disagree about Te'o....I think he is going to be a damn good NFL LB.......He was terrible against Alabama but I don't think that one game erases two years of really good play..........I guess we shall see....I watched Notre Dame a ton the past two seasons....By the way I hate Notre Dame...lol but I do like Te'o and Eifert.....

Black@Gold Forever32
01-09-2013, 07:19 PM
thats ridiculous...not liking notre dame or their scheduling is one thing but its not like he was playing against retards with AIDS for 4 years. hes a good player and was on a good team, i find it really hard to blame him for them being destroyed by bama who went about their business like they always do...saban has built a power house, it was business as usual for them. Notre dame is sitting pretty with a #2 finish and #1 recruiting class. Teo is a great prospect and he was even before this season, most of which he spent in beast mode

Alabama is just an NFL factory at this point and their so deep its sick.......I think they will win three in a row next year......

SteelerCountry58
01-10-2013, 12:16 AM
:bsflag::sux::bsflag:

scudmissile29
01-10-2013, 12:56 PM
:bsflag::sux::bsflag:

Isn't there a river called the allegheny in Pittsburgh? How about jumping off it.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-10-2013, 01:48 PM

You know how dumb you think the "Haley Haters" sound in that Haley thread? That's how dumb you sound in this thread.

jpele
01-10-2013, 02:26 PM
I hope we don't draft him or I quit supporting this team, that punk is useless and it annoys me that he's even has consideration for entering the draft..

Great reason for everyone to hope we draft Te'o

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

scudmissile29
01-10-2013, 04:29 PM
You know how dumb you think the "Haley Haters" sound in that Haley thread? That's how dumb you sound in this thread.

And your posts are as dumb as your name

NeilPatrickBanana
01-10-2013, 04:37 PM
And your posts are as dumb as your name

Would Laser Kangaroo be cooler?

scudmissile29
01-10-2013, 07:32 PM
Would Laser Kangaroo be cooler?

Shut up and now and leave this thread.

DIESELMAN
01-10-2013, 07:49 PM

Shut up and now and leave this thread? Huh????????? :lol:

NeilPatrickBanana
01-10-2013, 08:21 PM

Tiddlywinks ?

StlersGuy
01-10-2013, 09:48 PM
WOW keep thinking he will not be good I just hope if we don't draft him we don't have to face him more then once a year because I think he will become one heck of a LLB

Sent using iOS 6 by way of the iPhone

coldrolled
01-11-2013, 07:18 AM
WOW keep thinking he will not be good I just hope if we don't draft him we don't have to face him more then once a year because I think he will become one heck of a LLB

Sent using iOS 6 by way of the iPhone

The team was getting bulldozed.. Is it possible he was playing to preserve himself? He was watching his DL get rolled..

USMC607
01-11-2013, 08:41 AM
The team was getting bulldozed.. Is it possible he was playing to preserve himself? He was watching his DL get rolled..

I have been saying that this entire time... You put it almost exactly how i did...

He has a bad game im not trying to make excuse's for him. But it seems like everybody from ESPN to regular monday morning quarterback is pinning the loss on him and only him. Like NDs team played good enough to win if it wasnt for that damn Te'O shitting his pants all game...

News flash the entire team (SPECIFICALLY THE DEFENSIVE LINE) got tossed around like rag dolls all night long. If anyones to blame its them. Because they let Bamas oline push into the 2nd level and pretty much let them dictate the game all night.

And Te"O weights about 255... On Average Bamas Oline weighs 315 thats 60lbs they got on him... I dont care how good you are you aint shedding a block from a guy 60 lbs heavier then you that got his manchild hands around you...

USMC607
01-11-2013, 08:44 AM
The dline is suppose to take up those blocks so Te'O can do what he does.... But he never had a chance...

However the 3-4 times he did get by, Lacy did make him look silly... But i attribute that to Bama getting in his head, and he got flustered and wasnt thinking straight and made a whole bunch of mental errors. That happens to everybody tho, even some of the greats of the game got flustered sometimes. As he gets older he'll be able to handle those situations better and keep a clear head.

scudmissile29
01-11-2013, 09:57 AM
I never said he caused the lost.

I said he was overrated and ****.

Look how Lacey just ran over him.

Yes, let's draft a LB with a high pick to get run over by Richardson and be evaded by Rice.

Anyway I hate Notre Dame and hopes the whole university burns down to the game, then they won't be on ****ing nbc every saturday.

no more annoying fans, no more overrated rankings, no more overrated teams.

And I don't give a **** if Bettis went to ND.

coldrolled
01-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Look how Lacey just ran over him.

Point made..

Lacy came thru the line untouched almost every time through giant holes going full steam. I just think Teo was not in the frame of mind to take lacy and his helmut and knock him out of the draft or the combine.. what was the point of a Teo sacrafice seeing that domination.

scudmissile29
01-11-2013, 12:41 PM
Point made..

Lacy came thru the line untouched almost every time through giant holes going full steam. I just think Teo was not in the frame of mind to take lacy and his helmut and knock him out of the draft or the combine.. what was the point of a Teo sacrafice seeing that domination.

ray ray would've planted laceys *** on the ground so would've ham and lambert, harrison, farrior, timmons and all the other greats.

teo just gave half an assed effort.

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 01:48 PM
Teo was overrated from the start. He got a chance to play against equal talent and he was exposed. What teams have he played to make such a reputation on???? Notre Dame hasn't played anyone with any real talent other then USC and Oklahoma and I've personally watched him in the last two games against USC and he's been nothing to write home to you mother about.

What teams that are good, has Teo been a difference maker against???? And...if you go and check, what Nagurski award winning Linebacker has ever been just totally eviscerated in a game like what we saw against Alabama????

Equal talent runningbacks were running through his feeble arm tackles like he was a girl and they were doing it all nite!!! Sorry but he's overrated in my book.

Again I ask, what good teams have Notre Dame played that showed how good Teo is???? Anyone can look good playing Purdue. :rolleyes:

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Point made..

Teo was getting ran through when the game was 0-0. If you go back and watch the game. And to say he wasn't motivated in an national championship game????????????? REALLY????????????????

He was dominated when the talent was equal to his. That's a big red flag in my book. And if the guy can't be motivated in a national championship game, then that's another big red flag.

connecticutsteel
01-14-2013, 11:11 AM
Shut up and now and leave this thread. god has spoken lol

connecticutsteel
01-14-2013, 11:19 AM
ray ray would've planted laceys *** on the ground so would've ham and lambert, harrison, farrior, timmons and all the other greats.

teo just gave half an assed effort.

Farrior is far from being considered great and Ray Ray as you affectionatly call him murdered 2 people then ratted on his friendsand unfortunatly will be in the hall of fame only ham and lambert are greats when timmons and harrison are in the hof then they will be great amazing how little you know about football sometimes