PDA

View Full Version : How long does Haley wait to replace Amos Jones

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Or does he replace him at all? We can only hope he doesn't wait until training camp again to decide he wants someone else. It's not like Jones had a bad rap coming into the position; he helped coach AB to that 1000 return yds in 2011 and had been working with Everest previously.

Was it Tomlin wanting to do things his way, or was it that Jones wasn't up to the task?

Where is Bobby April when you need him!

Goodfrom55
01-07-2013, 07:22 PM
With the exception of Suisham, special teams were a laughing stock this year. There is no way the Steelers retain Amos Jones. Special teams looked flat and unprepared; punt return game was non-existent. Time for a breath of fresh air.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-07-2013, 07:34 PM
With the exception of Suisham, special teams were a laughing stock this year. There is no way the Steelers retain Amos Jones. Special teams looked flat and unprepared; punt return game was non-existent. Time for a breath of fresh air.

Really?

9th in Kickoff Return Yards per
28th in Punt Return Yards per
17th in Opponent Kickoff Return Yards per
ZERO Kickoff Return TDs Against
20th in Opponent Punt Return Yards per
1 Punt Return TD Against

Was it a good year... no. But Any Steelers fan who remembers the last decade, would hardly call it a "laughing Stock".

They had a pretty solid year in 2011, and they were pretty much identical defensively this year, while improving KR, and falling badly in PR.

ChucktownSteeler
01-07-2013, 08:10 PM
I question Tomlin's response when asked about Brown. Tomlin stated he was suffering the effects of the ankle sprain all year. Why was he back on punt duty? IMHO Chris Rainey should have been back there this year.

A. Brown is one of my favorite players, but he had a ton of blunder on punt return duty this season and I also think he is too valuable to be returning punts.

Nolrog
01-07-2013, 09:05 PM
How long does Haley wait to replace Amos Jones

Why would it be Haley's job to replace the special teams coach?

Where is Bobby April when you need him!

Recently fired from Philly.

tburg68
01-07-2013, 10:29 PM
Why would it be Haley's job to replace the special teams coach?

This^^^^

Dave Taub from Bears should be hired immediately.

Goodfrom55
01-08-2013, 03:41 PM
I was not impressed with teams at all. Kick coverage was OK, will give you that, but punt returns stunk, punting was insonsistent, kick return game was ok. Except for Suisham's FG's and kickoffs, teams underachieved this year.

I wouldn't bring Amos back.

greg1964
01-08-2013, 04:58 PM
I know the Steelers season is over: but are we really talking about the special team coach?

greg1964
01-08-2013, 05:00 PM
BTW Haley DOSEN'T hier or fire ANYONE, that Tomlin job

LatrobePA
01-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Tomlin and all of his coaches had a bad year. The only one I'd say did great is the DB's coach, the rest sucked ***!

Lets see how Tomlin and them rebound in 13'...

Goodfrom55
01-08-2013, 06:23 PM
I know the Steelers season is over: but are we really talking about the special team coach?

Yes we are because as we found out in the 1st Raven's game, Special Teams can win or LOSE a game for you.

I do agree, Latrobe, no need to re-invent the wheel; Steelers just had one of those years. Tidy up a few loose ends, make a couple tough personnel decisions, draft some new talent and they'll be fine.