PDA

View Full Version : What moves would you make?

cbrunn
01-07-2013, 01:15 PM
If you were the GM what moves would you make ... I seen this on another Steelers site , thought it would be fun to see some people point of views...

Cut/ Restructure
According to these articles,
I would do all the restructures(20 mill saved) ,
Cut Harrison(5 mill saved) ,
Cut Keisel and Cotchery(4 mill saved)
Restructure or release Ike Taylor (My favorite player on the Steelers so this hurts, but business is business and it would save 4 mill)...
Resign for Cheaper or Cut Colon (1 mill in cap savings)....
Suisham played good but he will not be allowed to make 1.76 , cut him would save 1 mill
that would free up about 35 mill ... (16 over the cap to start , save 35 , now have 19mil open) ... all numbers are rounded for easy math
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/12...-restructures/
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/12...y-cap-numbers/
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/08...cap-situation/

Resigns
With only 19 mill to work with
Sign - Keneen Lewis - 4 mill a year? sounds fair to me.... now down to 15 mill
Sign - Max Starks - 1 mill ... now down to 14 mill
Sign - Ramon Foster - 2 mill a year? ... now down to 13 mill
Bring back the backup QB Johnson had on the pre season roster , and Denise Dixon ... both would be minimum signings , whatever that is ... so say still have 12 mill Left
Sign Mike Wallace - say 7 Mill a year (or around the deal Brown got) - 5 mill left to sign draft picks
Give Sanders a 5th round tender, somebody baits and takes it - so we get an extra 5th round pick (bare with me you'll see)
Can Also resign Troy and Clark to clear up a little bit more cap maybe?

Draft using http://www.drafttek.com/2013-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1b.asp (to see who will be left when)
1st - trade back with Rams , they want to jump infront of the Bears to take the best Oline ... either Warmack or Eric Fisher , get an extra 4th and 5th to drop back 4 spots
1st (From Rams) - Tyler Eifert - TE - Notre Dame - Need with Heath out and getting older
2nd - Logan Ryan - CB - Rutgers - Need with letting Ike go, and Curtis Brown showed nothing, and he plays like a Steeler
3rd - Da'Rick Rodgers - WR - Tennessee Tech - Letting Cotch go, and adding a tall receiver and allowing to come out in 3 WR and Brown to work the middle
4th(from Rams) - Gerald Hodges - ILB/OLB - Penn State - probably will move inside if Spence isn't ready, but can play Outside also if needed, 2 years with other 100 tackles, and good in coverage
4th - Duke Williams - SS - Nevada - Love the Value here, will be a good Pro, great at running with receivers and TEs
5th (from Sanders tender) - D.J. Swearinger - FS - South Carolina
5th (from Rams) - Omoregie Uzzi - OG - Gerogia Tech - Depth
5th - Trevardo Williams - OLB - Conn - Great Pass rush upside value here
6th - Dustin Hopkins - K - Florida State - Suisy gone , a need
7th - John Wetzel - OT - Boston College - Depth

Depth Chart
Offense
QB - Ben , Johnson - Dixon
RB - Dwyer - Redman - Rainey - Batch
WR - Wallace- Rodgers
WR- Brown- Toney Clemons
TE- Heath - Eifert - Paulson
LT - Gilbert - Starks
LG - Foster - uzzi
C - Pouncey - Legs
RG - Decastro - Uzzi -
RT - Adams - Beachum - Wetzel

Defense
DE - Heyward - Woods
NT - Mclendon - Tamu - Fangpu
DE - Hood - Woods
ROLB - Worilds - Carter - Trevardo Williams
ILB - Timmons - Sly
ILB - Spence - Hodges
LOLB - Woodley - Trevardo Williams
CB - Keenan Lewis - Cortez Allen - Logan Ryan - Curtis Brown - Van Dyke
FS - Clark - DJ Swearinger - Cromartie-Smith
SS - Troy - Duke Williams

Sign a few others for depth ,

but that's the over run

Crash
01-07-2013, 01:22 PM
$7 mil a year for Wallace? You are dreaming. SOMEONE will give him Vincent Jackson's contract.

cbrunn
01-07-2013, 01:24 PM
$7 mil a year for Wallace? You are dreaming. SOMEONE will give him Vincent Jackson's contract.

Very well possible... But I don't think he really wants to leave , personally I love Wallace but wouldn't pay more than 8 a year for him ... Just was thinking he don't really want to leave and wants to stay here with his childhood friend Lewis

Crash
01-07-2013, 01:27 PM
No, he doesn't want to leave.

But he doesn't want to be a possession receiver either.

USMC607
01-07-2013, 01:36 PM
I like what you did there...

But i would straight up cut Colon, and I'd Keep Keisel he proved this yr he still got enough left in the tank for at least 1 more good season, he led the team in QB hurries. Plus the lack of development in Hood and Heyward scares me to start them both.

Id deff sign lewis, but id offer wallace a deal but i think he walks.

You never mentioned what you would do with Mendenhall tho? I guess you'd let him walk (i know i would)

And just draft a RB in the draft like Eddie Lacy, or Montee Ball

BubbyBlister
01-07-2013, 03:12 PM
I like what you did there...

But i would straight up cut Colon, and I'd Keep Keisel he proved this yr he still got enough left in the tank for at least 1 more good season, he led the team in QB hurries. Plus the lack of development in Hood and Heyward scares me to start them both.

Id deff sign lewis, but id offer wallace a deal but i think he walks.

You never mentioned what you would do with Mendenhall tho? I guess you'd let him walk (i know i would)

And just draft a RB in the draft like Eddie Lacy, or Montee Ball I would love to have Montee Ball over Mendy but what rd draft pick would we have to spend on him 1st ,2nd ? 1st would be to high seeing we have deeper needs. Also Keep Ike to keep that secondary strong and let Wallace walk and keep Crotchery.

LatrobePA
01-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Troy, Harrison, Hampton, Foote all take a cut to stay.

Wallace, Cotchery, Mendy, Starks will not be back.

Punter at some point needs addressed, this butler kid reeked!

cbrunn
01-07-2013, 03:50 PM
I would love to have Montee Ball over Mendy but what rd draft pick would we have to spend on him 1st ,2nd ? 1st would be to high seeing we have deeper needs. Also Keep Ike to keep that secondary strong and let Wallace walk and keep Crotchery.

Ball your looking at 2nd or 3rd ... If your going to take a 2nd round Running back Eddie Lacy is much better ... But I think you should see what you have in 23 yr old Dywer before giving up on him ... he's more mature now and took off season a lot more seriously this year, now give him a season to know the job is his , should be motivation enough to work harder in the off season...

I don't like giving up on our young players before you know what you got in them ...

Also I understand keeping Ike , I love Ike , he's my favorite player on the team ... but I would rather keep Wallace over Ike ... cause Lewis and Cortez both showed they're ready , and Logan Ryan is a beast and plays just like a Steeler should

USMC607
01-07-2013, 03:53 PM
I would love to have Montee Ball over Mendy but what rd draft pick would we have to spend on him 1st ,2nd ? 1st would be to high seeing we have deeper needs. Also Keep Ike to keep that secondary strong and let Wallace walk and keep Crotchery.

Ball could go that early maybe, but everywhere i look people are mocking him normally beginning of the 3rd round to middle of the 4th round.

Obviously the draft is a crap-shoot, and its hard to predict. But i think we could get Ball in the 3rd round and if not him Eddie Lacy, Stepfan Taylor, Ray Graham, one of those guys should still be there at our 3rd pick...

If not then maybe we use a 6th or 7th on Marcus Lattimore and hope his knee heals right and he becomes the steal of the draft

NeilPatrickBanana
01-07-2013, 06:13 PM
It's a solid overall plan. Good Work!

Here are some points of disagreement

1. You're Colon/Foster choice is kind of... how do I say this nicely..."dumb".
Colon will count 7.65 against the cap
Cutting Colon will leave 6.45 dead cap

So keeping Colon = 7.65 in LG Cap
But, cutting Colon, and signing Foster for 2 million = 8.45 LG Cap space

2. Max Starks just proved he's still a starter coming off ACL surgery. Unless he wants to stay in Pittsburgh and give up millions of dollars, he's going to get a lot more than 1 million. He's probably getting a multi year deal in the 3-4 million per year range.

3. Cutting Suisham is just dumb. He deserves an extension not a paycut.

4. I don't see any way on the Wallace is signed for anything less than the 10 million per. The WR franchise Tag is a little over 10 million. There is plenty of market for WR this year. Getting rid of so many players to re-sign Wallace would be an epic mistake.

5. The idea of cutting Keisel, at such an affordable number... makes me sad. I accept that it's an option... but it's one that doesn't make sense to me.

cbrunn
01-07-2013, 08:35 PM
It's a solid overall plan. Good Work!

Here are some points of disagreement

1. You're Colon/Foster choice is kind of... how do I say this nicely..."dumb".
Colon will count 7.65 against the cap
Cutting Colon will leave 6.45 dead cap

So keeping Colon = 7.65 in LG Cap
But, cutting Colon, and signing Foster for 2 million = 8.45 LG Cap space

2. Max Starks just proved he's still a starter coming off ACL surgery. Unless he wants to stay in Pittsburgh and give up millions of dollars, he's going to get a lot more than 1 million. He's probably getting a multi year deal in the 3-4 million per year range.

3. Cutting Suisham is just dumb. He deserves an extension not a paycut.

4. I don't see any way on the Wallace is signed for anything less than the 10 million per. The WR franchise Tag is a little over 10 million. There is plenty of market for WR this year. Getting rid of so many players to re-sign Wallace would be an epic mistake.

5. The idea of cutting Keisel, at such an affordable number... makes me sad. I accept that it's an option... but it's one that doesn't make sense to me.

1 - Your absolutely Correct ... Cutting him makes no sense ... but He needs to take a pay cut, or I would cut him ... he don't deserve 7.6 ... I would cut him just to make a statement, even if he plays 100% of the snaps is he worth that much?? probably not ...but you got to at least play ...

2 - You could be correct ... but could also be us over rating our players like we usually do , I could be wrong but hasn't he played on 1 yr contracts and brought in last minute by the Steelers in past years? ... I'm not to sure he will have a line at his door with much better Olinemen available... if he can realize that he will be a swing man back up, I think he stays here

3 - Suisham is not worth 1.7 mil ... 1.7 for a kicker that can't make 50+ seems a bit much to me ... He is a good kicker and if he will take a pay cut like the rest of the players, sure keep him

4 - You could be right , but like I said before I think he wants to stay in Pittsburgh and with his friend Lewis, so he takes a little hometown discount ... But I could absolutely be wrong ... and wouldn't really be getting rid of many players to sign him, Plus with a WR core of Wallace, Da'Rick Rodgers and Brown would be very very good... instead of easy money, Rodgers can be Big Money lol

5 - You got to stop stunting the growth of former #1 pick to take his place ... You don't draft guys in the 1st round to replace guys 4 years down the road... you draft them #1 to take over 1-2 years max ... first round picks should contribute right away... can't learn rotting away on the bench

Excited to watch Lacey against this ND defense

Omicron
01-07-2013, 08:54 PM
Excited to watch Lacey against this ND defense

He is hammering it right now - looks great against the Irish.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-07-2013, 09:19 PM
1. Cutting someone to "make a point" isn't smart. What's the point?

2. Starks was on 1 yr contracts the last 2 years because he was coming off injury. He just played 16 games and was a pretty darn good LT in the league.

3. A guy who doesn't miss inside 50, cab kick at Heinz, and can routinely boot touchbacks. Quite valuable.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-07-2013, 09:22 PM
4. I don't think Wallace wants to stay. He wants to get PAID, we already gave good money to 1 WR... We aren't paying the other.

5. I don't believe in cutting good affordable players, so that not good players can take their spot...

cbrunn
01-07-2013, 09:23 PM
I am absolutely loving Chance Warmack in the 1st and Lacy in the 2nd... or if anything Warmack in the 1st, that would be a Hell of a line for the future

Sanders-----Gilbert - Warmack - Pouncey - Decastro - Adams - Heath/Paulson -------Brown
-----------------------------------Ben

--------------------------------Will Johnson
----------------------------Dwyer / Eddie Lacy

NeilPatrickBanana
01-07-2013, 09:28 PM
They could cut colon after June 1 and save plenty this year, If they are willing to eat the dead space in 2014 instead

NeilPatrickBanana
01-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Drafting an interior oline in the first round for a 3rd time in 4 years... Would be... Odd

Zachintosh66
01-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Id be willing to trade Colon or Gilbert... but dobut that happening

cbrunn
01-07-2013, 09:33 PM
They could cut colon after June 1 and save plenty this year, If they are willing to eat the dead space in 2014 instead

That could be an option not to sure about how their salary cap is next year, I was never really a big Colon fan anyway, but you're right it would be pointless,that huge extension was foolish to begin with

cbrunn
01-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Drafting an interior oline in the first round for a 3rd time in 4 years... Would be... Odd

Would be , but you got to build it somehow ... But just tell me that line on paper doesn't sound too good

USMC607
01-07-2013, 11:04 PM
He is hammering it right now - looks great against the Irish.

Ya, hes killing it. But it sucks cause i was mocking him to us in the 3rd, but with a night like tonight hes deff going prob the 2nd RD and i dk if the steelers will pick a RB up that early.

Zachintosh66
01-08-2013, 09:22 PM
I Say:
Return
RB Jonathan Dwyer RFA
RB Isaac Redman RFA
WR Emmanuel Sanders RFA
LB Stevenson Sylvester RFA
DL Steve McLendon RFA
CB Keenan Lewis UFA - #1 Priority
OG Ramon Foster UFA - #2
OT Max Starks UFA
WR Plaxico Burress UFA - min
SS Will Allen UFA - min
LB Larry Foote UFA - min/depth
LB Greg Warren UFA

Restructure
Harrison, Woodley, Ike, Troy, Ben, Timmons, Clark

Cut
Kiesel

Long Term
C. Allen

Let Walk
QB Charlie Batch UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
QB Byron Leftwich UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
RB Rashard Mendy UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
WR Mike Wallace UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
TE Leonard Pope UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
OG Doug Legursky UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
DL Casey Hampton UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
LB Brandon Johnson UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
FS Ryan Mundy UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent

cbrunn
01-08-2013, 09:28 PM
I Say:
Return
RB Jonathan Dwyer RFA
RB Isaac Redman RFA
WR Emmanuel Sanders RFA
LB Stevenson Sylvester RFA
DL Steve McLendon RFA
CB Keenan Lewis UFA - #1 Priority
OG Ramon Foster UFA - #2
OT Max Starks UFA
WR Plaxico Burress UFA - min
SS Will Allen UFA - min
LB Larry Foote UFA - min/depth
LB Greg Warren UFA

Restructure
Harrison, Woodley, Ike, Troy, Ben, Timmons, Clark

Cut
Kiesel

Long Term
C. Allen

Let Walk
QB Charlie Batch UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
QB Byron Leftwich UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
RB Rashard Mendy UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
WR Mike Wallace UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
TE Leonard Pope UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
OG Doug Legursky UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
DL Casey Hampton UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
LB Brandon Johnson UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent
FS Ryan Mundy UFA Pittsburgh Steelers Free Agent

I agree, and if you let Mike Wallace walk , you'd have cap room this year ...

I understand you'll pay more this year or so on, but I think you can not just keep allowing Colon to make so much money and being injured...I'd just cut him and get his cap hit over with ... so for next year he's off the books ... (if that's how it's work, not exactly sure how the salary cap system works)

USMC607
01-08-2013, 09:57 PM
I agree, and if you let Mike Wallace walk , you'd have cap room this year ...

I understand you'll pay more this year or so on, but I think you can not just keep allowing Colon to make so much money and being injured...I'd just cut him and get his cap hit over with ... so for next year he's off the books ... (if that's how it's work, not exactly sure how the salary cap system works)

I couldn't believe they signed him in the offseason last yr....to be honest.

He was always injured before... Even when he wasnt willie was always good for a false start, and a holding call on a big play that kills us...

Then they acted like moving him to guard was the best move ever...Yet Ramon Foster played better then him this yr.

Nolrog
01-09-2013, 06:35 AM
Why are people so intent on dumping Kiesel? He's still a very productive player and not that big of a cap number. Plus we have no one to replace him.

coldrolled
01-09-2013, 07:22 AM
Why are people so intent on dumping Kiesel? He's still a very productive player and not that big of a cap number. Plus we have no one to replace him.

Ditto.. Trade Woodley for a first to some dumb a### team in the nfc....

jpele
01-09-2013, 07:37 AM
If you're going to be GM here are some numbers to work around:

The Steelers are a projected $10.8 million over the cap. Just like last season, it will force Pittsburgh to restructure contracts or release players. The Steelers are one of 10 teams who are over the projected 2013 cap

Here (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/63044/afc-north-2013-salary-cap-update)

cbrunn
01-09-2013, 08:36 AM

No1 to replace him???? ... what about the 1st round pick 2 years ago Heyward???? .... if you like him or not , or think he's capable ... you can't just continue to let the 1st round pick ROT ON THE BENCH ... i can't stress enough YOU DO NOT PICK 1st ROUND PICKS TO SIT THE BENCH FOR 3-4 YEARS... they are to contribute right away, and start after 1-2 seasons

this is exactly why people think "we don't have depth" ... because our players get no time on the field to grow and learn ... you do not learn while on the bench ... especially 1st round players

Just continue to play these olders players , trying to recapture 1 more piece of magic that they can not re capture ... next year will be 4 years since they last won

Keep holding onto the past ... the future slips through your fingers

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2013, 09:59 AM
Your right.

But again, it's about having a REAL coach who demands that the DC get this guy in there and get him coached up! You guys can bitch, moan and complain about this and that..........but at the end of the day, you will see that alot of what's wrong with this team is that Tomlin isn't a real coach. Atleast not yet.

Everyone on this board is asking, " Why does our O-line completely devastated every year for the last 4 years?" If we are asking this, then why isn't Tomlin doing something significantly about this??

Against bum wide receivers like Damian Williams of Tenessee, why are the cornerback giving this guy a 10 yard cushion??

Tomlin should be addressing these issues. But he's not. And hasn't for years. So the main question that needs to be asked is, " When (if ever) will Tomlin become a real coach?"

Get that question solved and a lot of what ails this team will be resolved.

cbrunn
01-09-2013, 10:06 AM
Your right.

But again, it's about having a REAL coach who demands that the DC get this guy in there and get him coached up! You guys can bitch, moan and complain about this and that..........but at the end of the day, you will see that alot of what's wrong with this team is that Tomlin isn't a real coach. Atleast not yet.

Everyone on this board is asking, " Why does our O-line completely devastated every year for the last 4 years?" If we are asking this, then why isn't Tomlin doing something significantly about this??

Against bum wide receivers like Damian Williams of Tenessee, why are the cornerback giving this guy a 10 yard cushion??

Tomlin should be addressing these issues. But he's not. And hasn't for years. So the main question that needs to be asked is, " When (if ever) will Tomlin become a real coach?"

I think Tomlin more of a player coach, manages personalities and stuff like that ... and lets the X's and Os stuff to the Coordinators ...

Like everybody was criticizing Tomlin for running on the field and giving Ike daps on his one PI penalty ... but he knows Ike and his personality ... and Ike responded to that to start having a great season... that was like a turning point in Ike season if you ask me

NeilPatrickBanana
01-09-2013, 12:21 PM

Because Tomlin is not a magician? What do you want Tomlin to do about Offensive Linemen getting fallen on?

Is this a real question? You don't just play press coverage because of who the WR is... the coverage is dictated by the play call, and the playcall is dictated by the DC who is making a judgement about what the opponent's OC is going to do in a given situation. Giving a 10 yard cushion, is relative to the choice to put a certain blitz call in place. The blitz is what the DC is relying on the make the play. The Zone coverage behind the blitz is intended to prevent the big play, an in return "give" the short play, IF the blitz is unsuccessful.

The main question that needs to be asked is, "What on earth are you talking about?"

TarlsQtr
01-09-2013, 01:50 PM
No1 to replace him???? ... what about the 1st round pick 2 years ago Heyward???? .... if you like him or not , or think he's capable ... you can't just continue to let the 1st round pick ROT ON THE BENCH ... i can't stress enough YOU DO NOT PICK 1st ROUND PICKS TO SIT THE BENCH FOR 3-4 YEARS... they are to contribute right away, and start after 1-2 seasons

this is exactly why people think "we don't have depth" ... because our players get no time on the field to grow and learn ... you do not learn while on the bench ... especially 1st round players

Just continue to play these olders players , trying to recapture 1 more piece of magic that they can not re capture ... next year will be 4 years since they last won

Keep holding onto the past ... the future slips through your fingers

Sorry, it is counterproductive to play a guy just because he is a "first round pick." If Kiesel is better (he is) and is manageable salary wise (he is), it makes no sense to let him go just because there is a younger player who may or may not end up as good.

Now, if you want to complain about a couple of high round picks not being good enough to even beat out Kiesel, I hear you.

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Because Tomlin is not a magician? What do you want Tomlin to do about Offensive Linemen getting fallen on?

Is this a real question? You don't just play press coverage because of who the WR is... the coverage is dictated by the play call, and the playcall is dictated by the DC who is making a judgement about what the opponent's OC is going to do in a given situation. Giving a 10 yard cushion, is relative to the choice to put a certain blitz call in place. The blitz is what the DC is relying on the make the play. The Zone coverage behind the blitz is intended to prevent the big play, an in return "give" the short play, IF the blitz is unsuccessful.

The main question that needs to be asked is, "What on earth are you talking about?"

1. When referring to "offensive linemen being hurt", we are not talking about an isolated incident of one lineman falling on the other. We are talking about at least 3 years straight of the offensive line being ravaged with injuries. Happens too often to be just a coincidence.

2. And in regard to coverage of wide receivers, the whole question of Le beau's play calling IS my point exactly. Damian Williams is just a guy as far as wide receivers go. He doesn't have serious speed..yet he was allowed soft coverage for 75 percent of the game. Makes no sense. Go look at the Titans last two scoring drives to see my point.

And Tomlin DOES need to address these issues in a serious manner. More serious then we've seen in the last three years. Because right now, Tomlin just looks like a "care taker" and not a coach. I see zero coaching intangibles that long term, successful coaches have.

Care Taker meaning like the role Samuel Jackson just played in the movie, "Django".

Yep..I went there.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-09-2013, 05:18 PM
1. When referring to "offensive linemen being hurt", we are not talking about an isolated incident of one lineman falling on the other. We are talking about at least 3 years straight of the offensive line being ravaged with injuries. Happens too often to be just a coincidence.

2. And in regard to coverage of wide receivers, the whole question of Le beau's play calling IS my point exactly. Damian Williams is just a guy as far as wide receivers go. He doesn't have serious speed..yet he was allowed soft coverage for 75 percent of the game. Makes no sense. Go look at the Titans last two scoring drives to see my point.

And Tomlin DOES need to address these issues in a serious manner. More serious then we've seen in the last three years. Because right now, Tomlin just looks like a "care taker" and not a coach. I see zero coaching intangibles that long term, successful coaches have.

Care Taker meaning like the role Samuel Jackson just played in the movie, "Django".

Yep..I went there.

So, not only are you a little football illiterate, but you didn't even understand the character Sam Jackson played in Django (because if you did, you'd realize your comparison conflicts with your position)

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2013, 07:52 PM
You are one of the few in this room who are football illeterate. And I need no clarification of the role of Samuel Jackson. We all Know that role.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-09-2013, 08:41 PM
You are one of the few in this room who are football illeterate. And I need no clarification of the role of Samuel Jackson. We all Know that role.

did you spell illiterate wrong on purpose? Or are you just the gift that keeps on giving?

tgunn86
01-09-2013, 09:18 PM
I would let go of Sly, our back-up QBs, Larry Foote, sign Keenan and Cortez and the other corners. I dont get the "let go of Kiesel thing, he hasnt played poorly enough to release him so soon, Hood isnt better than him to replace him

tgunn86
01-09-2013, 09:24 PM
I would let go of Sly, our back-up QBs, Larry Foote, Plax, Chris Carter, sign Keenan and Cortez and the other corners. I dont get the "let go of Kiesel thing, he hasnt played poorly enough to release him so soon, Hood isnt better than him to replace him. Mike Wallace is a different story

LatrobePA
01-09-2013, 10:04 PM
No way 99 gets cut! I can see some surprise cuts though just not him!

Nolrog
01-10-2013, 06:41 AM
Sorry, it is counterproductive to play a guy just because he is a "first round pick." If Kiesel is better (he is) and is manageable salary wise (he is), it makes no sense to let him go just because there is a younger player who may or may not end up as good.

It's not so black and white though. There's a very large puzzle where all the pieces need to fit together. If it was just about Keisel or Ironhead, then you'd keep Keisel. However, is Ironhead ready to step in, and can he produce well enough that we could weather the Keisel loss and use that money to sign, say, Keenan Lewis?

It's the same question about Harrison. Is he a better option than Worilds? Without question; even with the injuries. But can we manage well enough with Worilds that Harrison could be cut and that money could go to Wallace? Which configuration benefits the team as a whole more?

DBR96A
01-10-2013, 07:03 AM
I'd cut half the fan base this off-season.

Anybody who thinks that the NFL conspires on the Patriots' or Ravens' behalf. Anybody who wants to throw Todd Haley under the bus after one season. Anybody who calls Ben Roethlisberger dumb, or even implies that he is. Anybody who thinks they could do a better job coaching than Mike Tomlin. Anybody who feels entitled to their season tickets but arrives late, leaves early, and doesn't even bother showing up when the weather is bad. Anybody who hates black people unless they can score TDs. Anybody who goes to a road game and gets loud when the offense is on the field because the home crowd does. Anybody who cheers for the team but hates the city.

If any of the above describe you, then you're useless. Go die in a fire.

USMC607
01-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Harsh... But i agree...

I hate people who are are fine when the teams winning, but wanna take to the west end bridge when they lose...
Then they are done with the team and the team is a mess they'll never recover etc etc...

We are so spoiled that we cant see things for what they are... How many other cities would kill to have a football team that even makes the playoffs on the consistent basis like the steelers (Cleveland, Detroit, Arizona, Buffalo, Carolina, Etc) or even have a football team at all (Los Angeles)

So we need to understand that the Steelers arent always gonna make the playoffs every year, but they damn near do. I understand complaining about certain things you dont like. But some people in this city simply over-react, like they are part of the team or something.

Real Deal Steel
01-10-2013, 10:42 AM
I think that your seeing that because the team is so close in a lot of aspects but on the other hand, you see them with the same problems and concerns they've had for the last three years yet, they have not been properly addressed.

Mainly, the offensive line and the continued alarming rash of injuries to it every year.