PDA

View Full Version : Mike Adams - Run Game

NeilPatrickBanana
01-05-2013, 03:00 PM
3.76 Yards Per Carry in the 11 games WITHOUT Mike Adams starting at RT
4.72 Yards Per Carry in the 5 games Mike Adams started at RT

In those 5 games the Steelers were 4-1 (the one loss was to Baltimore without Ben)

Crash
01-05-2013, 03:10 PM
List the games.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-05-2013, 04:23 PM
List the games.

3 playoff teams
1 defending super bowl champ
1 bottom feeder

LatrobePA
01-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Adams = $

Crash
01-05-2013, 04:44 PM
3 playoff teams
1 defending super bowl champ
1 bottom feeder

So those would be the games where injuries forced Haley to stick with one RB and not rotate, correct?

NeilPatrickBanana
01-05-2013, 05:02 PM
So those would be the games where injuries forced Haley to stick with one RB and not rotate, correct?

I'm sure they ran on first and second down plenty... And the RB lined up 8 yards back too.

Your need to fit everything into your "view" is bordering on a very creepy level of obsessiveness.

Crash
01-05-2013, 05:18 PM
I'm sure they ran on first and second down plenty... And the RB lined up 8 yards back too.

Your need to fit everything into your "view" is bordering on a very creepy level of obsessiveness.

Watch the games. The only games running worked was when one guy was the focal point.

But as soon as they got healthy, the rotation continued, and the run game sucked again.

Pick one, and stick with him. Haley's rotation of backs helped his 2008 Cards team blow a 24-6 lead in the NFC title game also.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-05-2013, 05:30 PM
lol, yea... the rotation of backs. that was it.

Do you have a top 10 of dumb excuses? What ranks higher, "rotation of backs" or "RB lining up 8 yards deep on 3rd and short" ?

Crash
01-05-2013, 05:56 PM
lol, yea... the rotation of backs. that was it.

The facts say it's it. Haley's RB rotation has been his killer everywhere he's been.

Cards did the same thing when he ran their offense. They were 30th and 31st in yards per carry.

JensK
01-05-2013, 06:36 PM
The question to me is whether that rotation was any of Haleys doing. Might have been Tomlin making the personel calls. Either way, OT: Adams could very well become a special player! So much talent on the oline right now, if they can stay healthy. Big if though

NeilPatrickBanana
01-05-2013, 07:05 PM
The facts say it's it. Haley's RB rotation has been his killer everywhere he's been.

Cards did the same thing when he ran their offense. They were 30th and 31st in yards per carry.

yea, like Kansas City 2010...
Charles ~250 carries
Jones ~250 carries

playoffs with Matt Cassel

your massive bias is too blinding

hey, quick... invent an excuse to ignore facts that don't fit your narrative

Crash
01-05-2013, 07:14 PM
And got throttled at home in the playoffs.

Forgot that part.

The Steelers will NEVER make the playoffs with Haley at OC.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Nice pivot.

You said Haley never had success with a RB rotation

You were wrong

The end

Let's talk about mike Adams instead of allowing your agenda obsession hijack another thread

Crash
01-05-2013, 07:30 PM
I think it has more to do with lack of rotation than Adams.

Arians backup ran for 100 yards in Denver in the playoffs last season.

Adams wasn't on the team.

Yeah Haley was a genius in KC. Didn't win a playoff game and didn't last three seasons.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-05-2013, 07:39 PM
It must suck to have to fit your beliefs under the same tent all the time...

But it is interesting that you questioned the quality of competition before moving on to your rotation argument

Explains a lot

Crash
01-05-2013, 08:17 PM
Competition wasn't the issue. The lack of rotation was. Giants, Redskins, and Bengals are three of them. Injuries forced Haley to stop rotating.

cbrunn
01-05-2013, 09:03 PM
When the Oline is healthy they have the talent to be very good in the Run Game ... to bad they are never healthy ... and Colon is wayyy overpaid since he's never on the field (and they can't cut him because It only saves like 1 mill , I think I read)

connecticutsteel
01-06-2013, 01:34 AM
Can someone sight the articles that Haley was called a genius because i never heard or read anyone refer to Haley as a genius.If he doesn't get a HC'ing job the Offense will dramatically improve next year DeCastro will start the season and hopefully Colon doesn't get hurt . I fully expect Adams to move to Left Tackle and Gilbert will anchor the right side.I think they should offer Starks a fair one year deal to be Adams back-up.I hope they hire an experienced O-line coach

steelchamp204
01-06-2013, 09:14 AM
I said it before, when we lost Adams, that is when we lost the run game. And better pass protection. Adams wasnt perefect, but was better than Beachum and Gilbert.

steelchamp204
01-06-2013, 09:14 AM
Also. Why the **** does every thread now turn into a Haley thread. Crash, please quit ballwashing him.

Rhyno
01-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Can someone sight the articles that Haley was called a genius because i never heard or read anyone refer to Haley as a genius.

LOL. Funny thing is, the only one calling Haley a genius is Crash.

I agree with pretty much everything you posted, although I am not sure Adams is ready to start at left tackle next year. He was such a liability in the passing game. It would surprise me if he improved enough to start next year. Hope he does, though.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-06-2013, 11:31 AM
I said it before, when we lost Adams, that is when we lost the run game. And better pass protection. Adams wasnt perefect, but was better than Beachum and Gilbert.

This.....I agree Mike Adams getting hurt was a huge blow.....Adams was starting to come into his own..........

steelchamp204
01-06-2013, 12:29 PM
This.....I agree Mike Adams getting hurt was a huge blow.....Adams was starting to come into his own..........

I think next season we will be able to run like we used to in the days. Especially off the right side. I hope they resign Mendy due to the fact that no other RB we have can bounce it to the outside. Dwyer possibly could if he droped about 15 lbs. I hope we resign Mendy and Lewis this offseason. I wish Wallace would stay, but who knows whats going to happen.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-06-2013, 02:41 PM
I think next season we will be able to run like we used to in the days. Especially off the right side. I hope they resign Mendy due to the fact that no other RB we have can bounce it to the outside. Dwyer possibly could if he droped about 15 lbs. I hope we resign Mendy and Lewis this offseason. I wish Wallace would stay, but who knows whats going to happen.

I don't want Mendenhall back at all...I think its best for both parties to go separate ways.....There is one Pittsburgh RB that I would like to stay in the Burgh....Pitt Panther Ray Graham.......I hope the Steelers draft him and he kind of reminds of Ray Rice......Rice is a more powerful runner then Graham but they have similar skill sets.......

LevonKirkland99
01-06-2013, 03:21 PM
Graham is sick , plus he is a Panther