PDA

View Full Version : Mock Draft Updated as of 1/1/12: Rounds 1-5 from drafttek.com

mcfly06
01-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Posted this in the War Room forum also just thought id post it in here.. Updated mock draft from draftek.com and i have to say i agree with it, what do you guys think?

Round 1; 17th pick: Chance Warmack; OG, Alabama: 6'3-320. Also could be on the board when we pick here, Eric Reed Safety from LSU, Eric Fisher OT from Central Michigan, Kenny Vaccaro from Texas, Xavier Rhodes CB Florida State.

Round 2; 47th pick: Matt Elam; Safety, Florida(check him out tonight in the sugar bowl against Lousiville): 5'10-206. Others that can be on the board when we pick Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford, Phillip Thomas Safety Fresno State, Nico Johnson Linebacker Bama, Kevin Minter Linebacker LSU, William Gholston DE Michigan State.

Round 3; 79th pick: Eddie Lacy; RB, Alabama: 5'10-220. Also could be on the board here Monte Ball RB Wisconsin, Mike Gillislee RB Florida, Bacarri Rambo Safety Georgia they have him going a few picks before this but we can get him here or 2nd round maybe if we dont take Elam.

Round 4; 111th pick: Leon McFadden CB, San Diego State: 5'10-190. Dont know too much about him yet, but we could also take Micha Hyde CB Iowa, Johnny Adam CB Michigan State.

Round 5; 143rd pick: D.J. Swearinger Safety, South Carolina: 5'10-208 ( Love this pick! really hope we could get him, if we get him and Elam that would be awesome for our safety help!!! But we could also take Brian Winters OT Kent State, Devin Taylor OLB South Carolina, Jenlani Jenkins LB Florida..

I agree with all these picks i would be happy with the first 5 rounds maybe round 6 go with a QB?

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2013, 02:00 PM
If Troy and Clark are back next year this team won't take a safety in the first round.......I could see them taking a safety in round 3 or 4.........

In the first round a pass rusher would be my first choice, then a WR or TE.....If Te'o is there at 17 then that trumps all...lol but I doubt he will be.......I also wouldn't be against another OL especially an OG taken in the first round but I don't expect them to take an OL early.......

NeilPatrickBanana
01-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Based on the available players in that Drafttek mock...

I'd take

17 - DeAndre Hopkins WR
47 - Matt Elam S
79 - Brandon Jenkins OLB
111 - Jonathan Franklin RB
143 - Devin Taylor OLB

mcfly06
01-02-2013, 02:16 PM
If Troy and Clark are back next year this team won't take a safety in the first round.......I could see them taking a safety in round 3 or 4.........

In the first round a pass rusher would be my first choice, then a WR or TE.....If Te'o is there at 17 then that trumps all...lol but I doubt he will be.......I also wouldn't be against another OL especially an OG taken in the first round but I don't expect them to take an OL early.......

I agree if Te'o is there at 17 take him!! Hey do you think we should trade up for him? I mean he can be that linebacker for years, i think if we can somehow trade up to get him we should!! With what they have us taking i agree with that id be fine with that, the other players are who are going after we pick or just before i added them just to think about. I wouldnt mind a WR tho..

Real Deal Steel
01-02-2013, 03:32 PM
This mock is bogus. We are not taking another O-lineman with the first round pick.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2013, 03:43 PM
This mock is bogus. We are not taking another O-lineman with the first round pick.

I would never say that....If a top OL was the best available at the time then a OL could be taken.....

Crash
01-02-2013, 03:49 PM
I could see a OT if he was blue chip and slipped down the board.

No way do they pick another guard. If anything they can pick a solid center later in the draft and move Pouncey to guard for good.

LatrobePA
01-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Based on the available players in that Drafttek mock...

I'd take

17 - DeAndre Hopkins WR
47 - Matt Elam S
79 - Brandon Jenkins OLB
111 - Jonathan Franklin RB
143 - Devin Taylor OLB

Hopkins had a great game.. But do you think O or D with the first pick?

Crash
01-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Defense.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Hopkins had a great game.. But do you think O or D with the first pick?

i'd prefer to draft a pass rusher with the 1st pick, but I expect the top 5 to all be gone by our #17 pick (exactly how it played out in drafttek mock - Werner, Jordan, Jones, Moore, Mingo. After that I don't see another pass rusher with a mid 1st round grade. I would sacrifice our 3rd round pick to move up for Jordan

Reid is a great safety, and an option... but I think the draft is very deep and safeties, and a good one can be taken in the 2nd round.

WR, a need, is not a deep position this year. After the top 5-6 guys, it thins out quickly.

Nolrog
01-02-2013, 04:45 PM
If Troy and Clark are back next year this team won't take a safety in the first round.......I could see them taking a safety in round 3 or 4........

Troy and Clark both missed a lot of time this year. We need to be drafting out future starting S now. I could definitely see a high pick on S. I do agree, though, that a pass rusher is a more likely selection.

I can tell you this with certainty, though. There's no way in hell we take another guard in the first round, no matter who's available. You can bank that one.

Cricker24
01-02-2013, 05:19 PM
I believe they like Robert Golden to be the replacement for Ryan Clark, so I don't see them taking a Safety in the first round. Being a HUGE Notre Dame fan, I'd be absolutely thrilled if they got Manti Te'o, but I seriously don't see him being available at #17, so they would have to move up to get him. Does anyone have a guess as to what it would take to move up to say, #10-#12? I remember when they moved up to get Polamalu, but I don't recall what they gave up to get him.

Chris :tt02:

NeilPatrickBanana
01-02-2013, 05:26 PM
I believe they like Robert Golden to be the replacement for Ryan Clark, so I don't see them taking a Safety in the first round. Being a HUGE Notre Dame fan, I'd be absolutely thrilled if they got Manti Te'o, but I seriously don't see him being available at #17, so they would have to move up to get him. Does anyone have a guess as to what it would take to move up to say, #10-#12? I remember when they moved up to get Polamalu, but I don't recall what they gave up to get him.

I agree. I think Golden is the goods.

coldrolled
01-02-2013, 05:28 PM

#1, #3, #4, #5 would it matter?? If we had Teo and our #2

Real Deal Steel
01-02-2013, 07:22 PM
If they can't upgrade the secondary, they then better get the best pass rusher they can get to help the secondary.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2013, 08:35 PM
Troy and Clark both missed a lot of time this year. We need to be drafting out future starting S now. I could definitely see a high pick on S. I do agree, though, that a pass rusher is a more likely selection.

I can tell you this with certainty, though. There's no way in hell we take another guard in the first round, no matter who's available. You can bank that one.

Round three isn't a high pick?....I'm just saying its a deep safety class and if Troy/Clark are back next year then I wouldn't expect a safety within the first two rounds.....You can find a future starting safety without spending a first round pick on one.....

cbrunn
01-02-2013, 08:57 PM
im starting to think Te'o is a little over hyped on this board ... dont get me wrong i like him, but i honestly wouldnt take him top 10...

but if Te'o and Jones are both their that selection should easily be Jones

and as im looking more at the draft order i can see Te'o dropping, i think the main team would be buffalo at 8 that could take him

Jones is the one im hopping falls though

NeilPatrickBanana
01-02-2013, 11:50 PM
Teo is the goods. He'll be long gone before our pick. The guy is goin to be a face if the franchise leader.

Everything unrelated to athleticism and football that I loved about JJ Watt when he came out, I see the same in Teo.

mcfly06
01-03-2013, 12:42 AM
i'd prefer to draft a pass rusher with the 1st pick, but I expect the top 5 to all be gone by our #17 pick (exactly how it played out in drafttek mock - Werner, Jordan, Jones, Moore, Mingo. After that I don't see another pass rusher with a mid 1st round grade. I would sacrifice our 3rd round pick to move up for Jordan

Reid is a great safety, and an option... but I think the draft is very deep and safeties, and a good one can be taken in the 2nd round.

WR, a need, is not a deep position this year. After the top 5-6 guys, it thins out quickly.

What about Matt Elam in the 2nd round? would you like that? I like Elam..

mcfly06
01-03-2013, 12:45 AM

I wouldnt say this is bogus they are just going by the end of the season it has changed a lot on this site, but you figure if Starks is gone we need to get someone there and maybe Colon.. So Oline isnt out of the question in the first round but i wouldnt mind waiting till later on and maybe getting Brian Winters from Kent State but Warmack is a beast..

Big T
01-03-2013, 01:25 AM
My Gators played a pretty pathetic Sugar Bowl, but Matt Elam still looked good. I swear it seemed liked he was in on every tackle.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-03-2013, 01:56 AM
What about Matt Elam in the 2nd round? would you like that? I like Elam..

I'd love it

Real Deal Steel
01-03-2013, 10:37 AM
im starting to think Te'o is a little over hyped on this board ... dont get me wrong i like him, but i honestly wouldnt take him top 10...

but if Te'o and Jones are both their that selection should easily be Jones

and as im looking more at the draft order i can see Te'o dropping, i think the main team would be buffalo at 8 that could take him

Jones is the one im hopping falls though

Teo is overhyped. The whole Notre Dame team is over hyped. They will get absolutely smoked by Alabama. Won't be close. I don't want Teo on our team. He is nowhere near as good as they are trying to pump him up to be.

Real Deal Steel
01-03-2013, 10:45 AM
But Matt Elam (Florida) is the truth. He's just what we need in our secondary. A real ballhawk.

coldrolled
01-03-2013, 11:14 AM
But Matt Elam (Florida) is the truth. He's just what we need in our secondary. A real ballhawk.

We need to take him at 17 or he will be gone. So. we wont get him...

He could go before that too who knows. Teo will be a Brown.

Real Deal Steel
01-03-2013, 11:30 AM
The Browns can have Teo.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Teo is overhyped. The whole Notre Dame team is over hyped. They will get absolutely smoked by Alabama. Won't be close. I don't want Teo on our team. He is nowhere near as good as they are trying to pump him up to be.

Teo is not overhyped. But I agree that Alabama is going to dominate them.

If Teo played at an SEC school, no one would be labeling him "overhyped". But... he plays at Notre Dame, so he gets hated on.

Real Deal Steel
01-03-2013, 11:33 AM
No hate.

He's just over hyped. He's not all that. He's okay.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-03-2013, 11:44 AM
No hate.

He's just over hyped. He's not all that. He's okay.

Remember that, when he's the 10 year Franchise Player and Captain.
I'm not comparing skill sets, but he's going to be an Urlacher...

Rhyno
01-03-2013, 01:55 PM
Here is a mock that has Teo going to Pittsburgh. I don't even know what the site is. Might be a culinary website for all I know, but I hope it is correct. Really want to have this "okay" player in Black and Gold.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2012/12/31/3820618/2013-nfl-mock-draft

steelchamp204
01-03-2013, 02:09 PM
Would we be happy to draft a ILB in the first and then trade up in the second to get Elam? I mean, safety is pretty deep this draft. We will wait and see.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Would we be happy to draft a ILB in the first and then trade up in the second to get Elam? I mean, safety is pretty deep this draft. We will wait and see.

What inside LBer?
Teo is going top 10
Mosley is going back to school

There is no ILB worth a mid 1st
Ogletree and Minter seem like decent 2nd round options
I like Skov and/or Alonso as 4th/5th round guys

NeilPatrickBanana
01-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Here is a mock that has Teo going to Pittsburgh. I don't even know what the site is. Might be a culinary website for all I know, but I hope it is correct. Really want to have this "okay" player in Black and Gold.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2012/12/31/3820618/2013-nfl-mock-draft

If we got Teo, we should move to a 4-3, and play Tampa 2 with Teo in the Middle Urlacher role, and Timmons in the Brooks/Briggs WLB role.

Let our CBs man up. Draft some over the top safety. And rebuild the Dline through the next 2 drafts.

tgunn86
01-03-2013, 04:51 PM
I think this is really solid mock so far. We can always use help on offense and the defense is as resilient as ever (If you guys couldn't tell) but if we get a RB who goes?

tgunn86
01-03-2013, 04:53 PM
I agree, the LB are kinda weak this year and Manti isnt worth a trade up

Blitzburgh_Mike
01-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame will be a Steeler in the first round. 6'6'' 250 lbs, catches everything. Think about it, with Miller out right now with his knee torn up, he would be an unbelievable replacement and a perfect fit in Pittsburgh. I'm a Notre Dame fan and have seen nearly ever game of his college career. I'm not trying to sound biased, but he is definitely the real deal. He catches EVERYTHING. He's a Gronkowski with more durability. If he's there, Pittsburgh can't pass him up.

Big T
01-03-2013, 06:28 PM
With all the holes this team has, my blood would boil if we spent our 1st on a TE.

Blitzburgh_Mike
01-03-2013, 06:37 PM
I agree, but Heath Miller was Ben's saftey blanket and most reliable target on offense for several years. Who knows what Miller will be able to do when he gets back on the field. With Eifert, it gives Ben another safety blanket. And a good one too. One that is bigger, more athletic and more explosive than Heath Miller. And this is coming from a guy who's favorite Steeler is Heath Miller.

Number99
01-03-2013, 06:47 PM
No way Eifert gets drafted #1 by the Steelers this year.

K Train
01-03-2013, 08:36 PM
teo would be a great pick, you cant underestimate having an incredible talent at LB....Teo/Timmons>>>>Willis/Bowman

Im all over the place for my #1 pick at the moment...this team could be 1 guard away from a HOF caliber oline, safety is a need, pass rusher imo is the #1 need, corner is a need, and RB/WR/TE is a need

I like Jarvis Jones and Mingo as OLBs right now, theres a handful of guards that could be chosen, a bunch of safeties that could be in the running, Eifert is still a favorite of mine, especially with heath blowing out his knee.

K Train
01-03-2013, 08:41 PM
why not? heath is hurt pretty bad and eifert is more of a hybrid WR/TE and a great jump ball guy. He would be great in an aaron hernandez role and is a safe pick to be a successful player. Hes just as much like hernandez as fleener was like gronkowski last season....sucks we can use patriots as an example of a premium for the position in 2 different cases

K Train
01-03-2013, 08:41 PM
why not? heath is hurt pretty bad and eifert is more of a hybrid WR/TE and a great jump ball guy. He would be great in an aaron hernandez role and is a safe pick to be a successful player. Hes just as much like hernandez as fleener was like gronkowski last season....sucks we can use patriots as an example of a premium for the position in 2 different cases

Bradshaw22
01-03-2013, 08:46 PM
This will be a good draft for us. Last year we missed on a few guys and we need to hope Spence can make an AD type of comeback. There are needs all over but FS and SS stand out to me with Troy being hurt a lot and Clark getting older. RB and ILB are the next two for me.

Big T
01-03-2013, 09:19 PM
Eifert is without question monster and worthy of a 1st rd pick, I just feel like we have much bigger needs than TE. I guess I'm just on my "Te'o/Jarvis Jones or bust" trip. I better get over it because it won't happen lol. I guess we don't know how Heath is going to rehab. Probably irresponsible to think he'll be on the field week one. Having said all that, and trying to look outside of my Te'o/Jones, I could live with Eifert. He's definitely a f*cking monster.

K Train
01-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Mingo, Frederick, Warmack, Reid, Mcdonald, Barrett Jones, all good possibilities.

Theres also some monster NTs that could be a game changer on the defense too. Hankins, Jenkins, and Williams

I like brandon jenkins from FSU in the second, same with chase thomas.

K Train
01-03-2013, 09:26 PM
Mingo, Frederick, Warmack, Reid, Mcdonald, Barrett Jones, all good possibilities.

Theres also some monster NTs that could be a game changer on the defense too. Hankins, Jenkins, and Williams

I like brandon jenkins from FSU in the second, same with chase thomas.

Big T
01-03-2013, 10:07 PM
Mingo scares me. He's everything you want physically. He's a freak with a crap ton of potential, I've just seem him get swallowed up more than i'd like.

livingthrudying
01-03-2013, 10:08 PM
Im calling it. We trade up for Te'o. Not only is he a good linebacker, but he is the type of player that inspires and leads. You know we love our LB's here and to get the captain of the defense for the next 10+ years is something i think they will look heavily into.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-03-2013, 10:31 PM
Mingo scares me. He's everything you want physically. He's a freak with a crap ton of potential, I've just seem him get swallowed up more than i'd like.

Agreed.

But based on potential and need, I'd take him

mcfly06
01-04-2013, 04:19 AM
My Gators played a pretty pathetic Sugar Bowl, but Matt Elam still looked good. I swear it seemed liked he was in on every tackle.

Well it was Driskel what the hell was he doing sometimes?? it was pissing me off i like florida my college teams are florida,oregon,boise state just like how they play football my type of O for college. But dont really have one team for college, anyways... Matt Elam played a good game, i would love for the steelers to get him. What about this Jon Bostick I mean even tho Florida lost i like him too i could see him being a good LB for the Steelers, but one thing is first. Him and Elam would have to tackle more in the pros and not this big hit stuff. Its liek me using the hit stick in madden and college football haha dont work all the time. That hit Bostick put on Bridgewater OMG i loved it!!!

Big T
01-04-2013, 10:11 AM
Ya Driskel has always has struggled with his decision making and accuracy, and be was exploited in that game because he was forced to pass. I do like Bostic. I think he's a guy that could be drafted in the 3rd/4th round and develop into a solid starter a couple years down the road.

Real Deal Steel
01-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Do the Chiefs have the first pick in round 2?

NeilPatrickBanana
01-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Do the Chiefs have the first pick in round 2?

no, jacksonville does.

When draft position in the 1st round is determined by strength of schedule, that order is reversed in round 2

cbrunn
01-04-2013, 12:54 PM
I really love Jarvis Jones ... this guy is amazing ... if somehow he slips out of the top 10 because of injury concern ... I would be more then willing to give up a 3rd and 5th or whatever to get him

also I like Sanders Cummings a little later in the draft like 5 or 6 ... some depth at CB

K Train
01-04-2013, 02:20 PM
mingo plays in a 4 man front, he could be wayyyyy more successful standing up and going from an OLB position

LatrobePA
01-04-2013, 02:41 PM
#47 Alfonso I think is his name from Oregon, he was an fn beast. Train, what's the scoop on this kid??

Real Deal Steel
01-04-2013, 02:55 PM
no, jacksonville does.

When draft position in the 1st round is determined by strength of schedule, that order is reversed in round 2

Thanks Neil,

I asked because I'd love to move Wallace to the Chiefs for their second round pick. A high second round pick would be so great. We need to add as many top quality players as possible because when I look at these backups we have, there is a major talent drop off. Just trying to think out the box.

Number99
01-04-2013, 03:12 PM

Perhaps I shouldn't say "no way", I really didn't think Decastro would fall like he did last year. I just think that 17th is a bit high for him with a team that has bigger fish to fry in the draft. So saying that I think that a lot will be determined about the health of Heath going forward. But if the Steelers look to draft a TE this year I can't see it happening till at least the 4th or 5th round.

tburg68
01-04-2013, 03:24 PM
I asked because I'd love to move Wallace to the Chiefs for their second round pick.

You can't trade someone who isn't under contract.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-04-2013, 03:31 PM
#47 Alfonso I think is his name from Oregon, he was an fn beast. Train, what's the scoop on this kid??

Kiko Alonso

He's a good run support inside backer. He's a guy the Steelers should look at in the 4th round.

LatrobePA
01-04-2013, 03:33 PM
Kiko Alonso

He's a good run support inside backer. He's a guy the Steelers should look at in the 4th round.

I like him he plays nasty!

NeilPatrickBanana
01-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Thanks Neil,

I asked because I'd love to move Wallace to the Chiefs for their second round pick. A high second round pick would be so great. We need to add as many top quality players as possible because when I look at these backups we have, there is a major talent drop off. Just trying to think out the box.

i doubt the steelers franchise him.
i doubt any team would trade a high 2nd rounder for him. Greg Jennings, Dwayne Bowe, Wes Welker, Cribbs, Avery, Hartline, Amendola... no team is going to give up a 2nd rounder AND the big contract that Wallace wants.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-04-2013, 03:36 PM
mingo plays in a 4 man front, he could be wayyyyy more successful standing up and going from an OLB position

If I had to place a bet on who the Steelers would draft at #17... and i had to place that bet right now... i'd put my money on Mingo.

Real Deal Steel
01-04-2013, 05:04 PM
i doubt the steelers franchise him.
i doubt any team would trade a high 2nd rounder for him. Greg Jennings, Dwayne Bowe, Wes Welker, Cribbs, Avery, Hartline, Amendola... no team is going to give up a 2nd rounder AND the big contract that Wallace wants.

Your probably right but it is just a matter of thinking out the box. I don't want him walking and we get nothing for him. Just doesn't sit well with me.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Your probably right but it is just a matter of thinking out the box. I don't want him walking and we get nothing for him. Just doesn't sit well with me.

I'd love it if the could franchise and trade him. I'd be happy with a 3rd.

But I expect him to walk as a free agent

cbrunn
01-04-2013, 05:57 PM
I mean most likely they'll get a 3rd from him next year ... with players like Wallace and Mendy... should be a good comp. year next year ... depending on who they sign in FA

LevonKirkland99
01-05-2013, 12:16 AM
Mingo from LSU as a Steeler?

I didn't read all the comments!!!

]

JenZwain
01-05-2013, 12:56 AM
Olonso would be nasty on the Steelers. Really strong tackling and a pretty good speed from a guy that big.

polamalu43
01-05-2013, 02:32 AM
Round 1 - Dion Jordan DE/OLB Oregon
Round 2 - Kenny Vaccaro FS Texas
Round 3 - Akeem Spence DT Illinois
Round 4 - Christine Micheal RB Texas A&M
Round 5 - Marc Anthony CB Cal

I like out RB prospects in Round 3 or 4......round 1 will be Big Board best available as always. Can't find a WR that fits for value....good thing Colbert will. If Lattimore falls to 5th round I say take him.

cbrunn
01-05-2013, 10:09 AM
Round 1 - Dion Jordan DE/OLB Oregon
Round 2 - Kenny Vaccaro FS Texas
Round 3 - Akeem Spence DT Illinois
Round 4 - Christine Micheal RB Texas A&M
Round 5 - Marc Anthony CB Cal

I like out RB prospects in Round 3 or 4......round 1 will be Big Board best available as always. Can't find a WR that fits for value....good thing Colbert will. If Lattimore falls to 5th round I say take him.

I'm not sold on Dion Jordan, but if they were able to get him and Vaccaro falls to the 2nd ... I would be a happy fan

I think the best receiver in the draft is TE Tyle Eifert, and he will still be on the board at 17

I love defense and all for defense as most Steeler fans do/are , But in this new NFL you have to score and it seems our offense barely ever puts up over 20 points

6th in defense of scoring at 19.6 a game ... and 22nd on offense in scoring with 21

They already have a couple of OLB in Worilds , Carter, Robinson I think have to give them a chance to show what they got ... of course it's going to be a drop off from Harrison (anybody will almost be a drop off from Harrison)

ILB you have Sly, Spence (I still want to see what Sly has, I still believe in him)

coldrolled
01-05-2013, 11:21 AM
I think the best receiver in the draft is TE Tyle Eifert, and he will still be on the board at 17

I love defense and all for defense as most Steeler fans do/are , But in this new NFL you have to score and it seems our offense barely ever puts up over 20 points

6th in defense of scoring at 19.6 a game ... and 22nd on offense in scoring with 21

A reality check... If we traded Ben what would we get for him?

Maybe Ben needs to go... Whos in the payoffs now? Luck, Griffin, Dalton, Kapernick, Wilson????

Our we holding onto our Vets to long..

Especially the ones that cant play 16 games every year..
Ben, Hampton, Colon, Troy, Harrison, Woodley.. These guys are always hurt... Whats are cap on these 5??

We need more Timmons type players that are durable.

cbrunn
01-05-2013, 11:39 AM

Maybe Ben needs to go... Whos in the payoffs now? Luck, Griffin, Dalton, Kapernick, Wilson????

Our we holding onto our Vets to long..

Especially the ones that cant play 16 games every year..
Ben, Hampton, Colon, Troy, Harrison, Woodley.. These guys are always hurt... Whats are cap on these 5??

We need more Timmons type players that are durable.

Here are two good articles

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/12/how-the-steelers-can-clear-20-million-in-2013-cap-space-via-four-restructures/
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/12/steelers-2013-salary-cap-numbers/

ChucktownSteeler
01-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Teo is the goods. He'll be long gone before our pick. The guy is goin to be a face if the franchise leader.

Isn't that what was said about David DeCastro?

NeilPatrickBanana
01-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Isn't that what was said about David DeCastro?

There is a significant difference between the heisman trophy candidate and top LBer in the draft slipping to the late teens, and the top Guard slipping.

polamalu43
01-05-2013, 01:45 PM
Where do you guys think Lattimore falls too? Cause if he gets to round 5 or beyond I say we take him.

Thoughts?

cbrunn
01-05-2013, 01:53 PM

Maybe Ben needs to go... Whos in the payoffs now? Luck, Griffin, Dalton, Kapernick, Wilson???? .

Jags and Philly both have 20 mil cap room ... and young Qbs that might need a few more years to learn... so Maybe they would be interested

so maybe their 1st and 2nd round picks ...doubt you get anything close to What the Rams got last year cause Ben is Aging

But more importantly who would you get to take over for Ben??

cbrunn
01-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Where do you guys think Lattimore falls too? Cause if he gets to round 5 or beyond I say we take him.

Thoughts?

5 or beyond it could be worth a chance ... But I still think Dwyer can be pretty good with a whole off season to know the job is his and maturing and being in better shape ( remember he's only 23 I think) , I would look for more of a Speed change of pace back

ChucktownSteeler
01-05-2013, 02:07 PM
There is a significant difference between the heisman trophy candidate and top LBer in the draft slipping to the late teens, and the top Guard slipping.

DeCastro was projected as a top 10 pick and fell to 23. Anything can happen when you have teams like the Browns selecting a head of you. They blew their #1 on Weeden, who now think he may be a bust.

polamalu43
01-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Another reason we can take Lattimore.........I picture this kid being AP like in 2 years. Dwyer/Redman tandem for this year with a better commitment to actually give 20 carries to one guy per game.

I watched Pitt/Dal game again last night. Example........Dwyer runs for 6 yards.....next play should have been a run, but we passed and guess what we were forced to pass again....punt. That was a perfect time to run on 2nd down.

Anyway I see Ball, Graham, Lattimore or Micheal as good value in Rounds 3 or 4.

Check this out.........he even looks like a Steeler back

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664173/christine-michael

NeilPatrickBanana
01-05-2013, 02:21 PM

Thoughts?

i doubt he falls outside the top 100 picks. if it weren't for the injury he'd be the first RB drafted, and would've gone in the late 1st/early 2nd. And even with the down grade in RB value in the draft, i still think a team will take a chance on him earlier than people expect... maurice clarrett went in the 3rd round. lol

polamalu43
01-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Lattimore is not Criminal Clarrett. Before the combine last year I was all over taking Vontaze Burfict.....when we got to round 7 I was hoping we just took him. Knowing the Steeler way they won't just take a gamble on Lattimore. Oh well

Stairwayto7
01-07-2013, 11:55 AM
We need almost all defense and a backup QB

Real Deal Steel
01-07-2013, 01:46 PM
We need a real O-line coach and a new conditioning regiment for the O-line. We need that more then anything else.

USMC607
01-07-2013, 02:19 PM
Agree... Hopefully one that can condition them better... Because with as many 1st and 2nd rounders as we have spent the past couple yrs on the oline, it is extremely frustrating to still have a crap oline not because of lack of talent, but because our talent isnt on the field because they are hurt, due to lack of conditioning. I wouldn't say that if it hasnt been a re-occuring trend since Kuger came on.

I remember people saying our Oline was going to be Gilbert-Colon-Pouncey-Decastro-Adams
Pretty solid right?... But then....

Decastro injury out 13 Games
Gilbert injury out 11 Games
Adams injury out 5 Games
Colon injury out for i think 6 Games

And out line ended up Starks - Pouncey - Legursky - Foster - Beachum...
Were lucky we did as well as we did

HUNT4SEVEN
01-07-2013, 09:40 PM
We need a great Conditioning coach who will keep the O-Line healthy, we need a great O-line TEACHER, we need to get rid of some dead old weight on offense and defense, we need a real special team coach who will get more out of our special teams play,granted we only gave up 1 return for a TD this year,we need simpler defensive schemes so we can get our young talent on the field sooner, we need to draft S,CB,ILB OLB,LG,WR,QB, and RB,DL IMO...

tburg68
01-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Blowing out knees and other lineman falling on knees isn't exactly conditioning.

Real Deal Steel
01-08-2013, 12:33 AM
we are not just talking about this year, look at the last three.

USMC607
01-08-2013, 12:35 AM
After Lacys Performance tonight i wouldnt mind taking him in the 2nd

Maybe have a draft like

RD 1 - B. Mingo DE/OLB
RD 2 - E. Lacy RB
RD 3 - P. Thomas FS
RD 4 - R. Swope WR
RD 5 - Tyrann Mathieu - I know hes got issues but id take a chance on him in the 5th.
RD 6 - Michael Mauti - ILB
RD 7 - Colin Klien - QB - He could be a utility/situational QB that does alot of designed runs QB etc. More 3rd string.

K Train
01-08-2013, 12:59 AM
Lattimore is not Criminal Clarrett. Before the combine last year I was all over taking Vontaze Burfict.....when we got to round 7 I was hoping we just took him. Knowing the Steeler way they won't just take a gamble on Lattimore. Oh well
different kind of gamble

Real Deal Steel
01-08-2013, 01:18 AM

Everything unrelated to athleticism and football that I loved about JJ Watt when he came out, I see the same in Teo.

Teo is a fraud and was totally exposed by a real offensive line. Teo was stoned wall at the line of scrimage all nite. Don't want Teo.

polamalu43
01-08-2013, 01:56 AM
I'd be happy with Lacy in Round 2. I think we can get good value with a Round 3 or 4 RB though. Thoughts are Vaccaro can be there in Round 2 for us.

That Oline for Alabama looked solid.

LatrobePA
01-08-2013, 08:39 AM
Teo is a fraud and was totally exposed by a real offensive line. Teo was stoned wall at the line of scrimage all nite. Don't want Teo.

He had an awful game but I still think he's a solid player. This could of dropped his stock though for sure.

USMC607
01-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Ya id have to agree that he is still Solid. i think the announcers said he had 2 missed tackles credited to him the entire season, and he had double that before halftime.

But the entire ND team played like **** last night. I think they were nervous and the tide had been there so many times already the past couple yrs that they knew how to handle it.

I think the game will drop his stock but i still think hes 1st round worthy and a good player.

TarlsQtr
01-08-2013, 11:11 AM

Actually, anyone who raises or drops the stock of a player based on one game is a "fraud."

Real Deal Steel
01-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Ordnarily, I'd agree with you guys. But the way he was dominated and stoned walled the entire nite?? Nope. I think he's overrated. Notre Dame's claim to fame were beating an average Sooners team and a below par USC team. They beat a bunch of bums all year and when they got a step up in class, they guy was average. I've seen enough. He's not really that good. Just a bunch of hype like the whole Notre Dame program.

Real Deal Steel
01-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Actually, anyone who raises or drops the stock of a player based on one game is a "fraud."

The one game they played a real team. They played no one all year. Oklahoma??? Oklahoma has been overrated too. They faced one real team...and he and the rest of Notre Dame were eviscerated!

coldrolled
01-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Maybe Teo makes it to 17 now... Train him up and set him next to timmons...

Beautiful.... A possible young Farrior back at ILB.. Timmons and Teo...

2nd round OLB

steelchamp204
01-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Maybe Teo makes it to 17 now... Train him up and set him next to timmons...

Beautiful.... A possible young Farrior back at ILB.. Timmons and Teo...

2nd round OLB

I think he could fall lastnight due to the performance lastnight. We have seen it time and time again. People show these guys as a high draft pick, then they have a down game in the bowl, they drop some spots. I dont think it will happen with Teo, but it could.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-08-2013, 12:51 PM
I think he could fall lastnight due to the performance lastnight. We have seen it time and time again. People show these guys as a high draft pick, then they have a down game in the bowl, they drop some spots. I dont think it will happen with Teo, but it could.

Like who?

TarlsQtr
01-08-2013, 01:28 PM
The one game they played a real team. They played no one all year. Oklahoma??? Oklahoma has been overrated too. They faced one real team...and he and the rest of Notre Dame were eviscerated!

BS If you liked ND, you would be bragging about how tough their schedule was. You obviously do not like them, so you just deem everyone they played as "not a real team."

They were rolled by the best team in the nation that plays in the best conference in the nation. It happens. It sure does not mean that no one else plays a "real team."

Real Deal Steel
01-08-2013, 01:34 PM
"Tough Notre Dame's schedule was"??????????? Notre Dame MAKES their schedule dude. And since Notre Dame doesn't want to schedule any SEC teams, You don't know what your talking about.

Who did Notre Dame legitimately beat???? They cheated Stanford in that game on a TD that wasn't a TD!! I'm just talking fact.

You obviously like Notre Dame and your sour because your team took a monster *** beating. Hahahaah. Last nite, Alabama was Jerry Sandusky..........and Notre Dame was a ten year old boy!! Hahahaaha.

Real Deal Steel
01-08-2013, 01:36 PM
I don't have feelings one way or the other for Notre Dame. But I can tell when a team is put into a championship game because it's a team that has past history..and that's all. Notre Dame was a complete and absolute fraud. That's why the bookies cleaned up on all that money those old Notre Dame fans put on the game. Hahaahahahaha

K Train
01-08-2013, 02:13 PM
teo was poor last night but thats because bamas offense was overwhelming that defense in every aspect, especially up front

TarlsQtr
01-08-2013, 03:27 PM
"Tough Notre Dame's schedule was"??????????? Notre Dame MAKES their schedule dude. And since Notre Dame doesn't want to schedule any SEC teams, You don't know what your talking about.

Who did Notre Dame legitimately beat???? They cheated Stanford in that game on a TD that wasn't a TD!! I'm just talking fact.

You obviously like Notre Dame and your sour because your team took a monster *** beating. Hahahaah. Last nite, Alabama was Jerry Sandusky..........and Notre Dame was a ten year old boy!! Hahahaaha.

This is the problem with your ilk. You're obviously an idiot who makes wild assumptions about people based on a post or two. Your opinions are based on whether you "like" a player or team, so you project your bias onto others (I defended ND's schedule, thus I must like ND). A Syracuse alum and fan here. I also get to see SEC teams kick the cream out of UK in Lexington every year, so I know something about the conference.

Only someone irreparably biased would say that Oklahoma, Michigan State, Michigan, USC, Stanford, and BYU are not "real teams." Are they national championship contenders? Nope. Are they high enough quality to determine if Te'o is good? Absolutely.

If I remember correctly, you are fond of saying "what the front office does will determine who is right." Great. Let's see if the accumulated front offices of the NFL make Te'o a first round draft pick based on ND's schedule against those that are not "real teams" or based solely on one game where the entire ND team was crushed and he falls to the third round or lower where the other "frauds" are.

Real Deal Steel
01-08-2013, 06:06 PM
This is the problem with your ilk. You're obviously an idiot who makes wild assumptions about people based on a post or two. Your opinions are based on whether you "like" a player or team, so you project your bias onto others (I defended ND's schedule, thus I must like ND). A Syracuse alum and fan here. I also get to see SEC teams kick the cream out of UK in Lexington every year, so I know something about the conference.

Only someone irreparably biased would say that Oklahoma, Michigan State, Michigan, USC, Stanford, and BYU are not "real teams." Are they national championship contenders? Nope. Are they high enough quality to determine if Te'o is good? Absolutely.

If I remember correctly, you are fond of saying "what the front office does will determine who is right." Great. Let's see if the accumulated front offices of the NFL make Te'o a first round draft pick based on ND's schedule against those that are not "real teams" or based solely on one game where the entire ND team was crushed and he falls to the third round or lower where the other "frauds" are.

Tarlsqtr, everyone on this board KNOWS your a "fake tough guy". Your always looking to pick a fight. You've got issues dude. It won't be long before your banned.

Notre Dame's schedule was as weak as ice cream setting in the desert this year. They jobbed Stanford on a TD that wasn't, and they beat a below average USC and an average Oklahoma team. That's not an opinion, that's fact buddy.

Thus, people like Teo, are vastly overrated. I'm not saying that he's a bad player, he's just not as good as they've hyped up and he DAMN sure isn't worth those awards he's been given. Luckily for us, some other foolish team, who believes hype like you do will take him ahead of us therefore keeping us from making a huge mistake.

But...........if he did slide down to us at # 17, that would be further proof that he's not all that he's been hyped up to be. But the facts are what they are..............He played a team with equal amount of talent, and he was nudered and a non-factor.

Von Miller was dominant against all he played and he earned his selection in the first round. Teo was ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED! No real first round pick gets absolutely destroyed when going man on man. Teo got the love and the hype because the old heads wanted Notre Dame to be back...but it was all hype. He's an "okay" player.

And we are focusing in on Teo........not the whole Notre Dame team. Man on man...chest to chest....men locking up...he was stone walled for an entire game. With people running through his feeble arm tackle attempts. That's because the level of talent was equal and he couldn't hang.

And your obviously a person who bases their opinions on what others say. You believe whatever ESPN tells you to believe. Sad that your not more intelligent...but you have a big mouth that I"ll have shut if you don't watch it.

You can state your opinions without the personal insults, but if you can't restrain yourself, I'll have a conversation with Blitz about your overall behavior in this forum. There are a few of us who have grown tired of your act. Respect your fellow posters..you don't have to agree with them, but you do have to respect them. Peace.

Real Deal Steel
01-08-2013, 06:07 PM
As far as being "really worthy" of a first round pick, Teo is a fraud. That's my point. But some dumb team is going to believe the hype. Just like Tennessee's owner Bud Adams believed the hype on Vince Young.

LatrobePA
01-08-2013, 06:15 PM
teo was poor last night but thats because bamas offense was overwhelming that defense in every aspect, especially up front

Think he could fall to 17? Do we want him??

K Train
01-08-2013, 06:50 PM
As far as being "really worthy" of a first round pick, Teo is a fraud. That's my point. But some dumb team is going to believe the hype. Just like Tennessee's owner Bud Adams believed the hype on Vince Young.

completely irrelevant comparison.

hes worth a first round pick as much as willis, mcclain, kuechly, beason, hightower, and mayo were. and hes a better player than guys like mauluga, lauranitis, wagner, spikes, bowman, harris...who were all round 2+ picks. teo is a great prospect and hes a guy that commands the defense

Real Deal Steel
01-08-2013, 07:28 PM
No way K-train. None of those guys you mentioned were ever dominated like that when confronted with equal talent. He is a second round pick.

And the comparison isn't irrelevant. It's about worthiness and value. And he's not really a difference maker LB like he's been bilt up to be. He'll be an "okay" player. Our intent isn't to use our first round picks on "okay" players.

JensK
01-08-2013, 08:31 PM
By all accounts, Te'o has all the tools to be a great ILB. You cannot expect them to look like a Navarro Bowman from college. I could go on about some of the great things he brings to the table, but you would not really buy them. You don't like him, and that is really about it. I doubt anyone could make you like him before he plays in the league. Which is fine by me; we all have those kinds of prospects. I do, however, think that you HAVE to take him at 17. There is just too much to like to turn it down. LB , to me, is the biggest need on this team by far. ILB moreso than OLB. As such, if you have either fall (and really, at ILB its only Teo who can fall as far as ILB goes), you pick him. Same with Mingo. He has had a so-so season, but the potential is far to large to turn down if he is there.

K Train
01-08-2013, 08:43 PM
he was a nightmare for teams this year, hes such a polished player and he received more heisman votes for a defensive player ever because he was a turn over and tackling machine...not because hes just an overhyped ND player...if he played at USC like what was originally thought he would be drafted just as high, hes a very talented LB

USMC607
01-08-2013, 08:58 PM

Exactly what i have been saying... I dont think Te'O was just a fluke... You dont have a type of college career he did and be a fluke.. Hes been pretty consistent the whole time... Bama's Oline was just destroying everything about that defense.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-08-2013, 10:04 PM
he was a nightmare for teams this year, hes such a polished player and he received more heisman votes for a defensive player ever because he was a turn over and tackling machine...not because hes just an overhyped ND player...if he played at USC like what was originally thought he would be drafted just as high, hes a very talented LB

yea, i don't really understand the Te'o hate. I previously just attributed it to general ND hate... but now, it's simpler to just attribute it to those who are "football dumb"

tburg68
01-08-2013, 10:15 PM

This^^^^ Bama's O-line has 3-5 first round picks on it. Best college O-Line in some time. NO linebacker is gonna look good when his D-Line is getting shoved 4-6 yards down field.

Bama's and the SEC's dominance isn't a coincedence.
http://oversigning.com/testing/index.php/tag/alabama/

Big T
01-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Te'o will be a stud in the NFL. Especially next to Timmons :greengrin:

cbrunn
01-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Not only did Te'o get destroyed by the Oline ...

Eddie Lacy made him his bitch multiple times ... when it was one on one , no blockers ... maybe the moment was just to big for him?

I wouldn't take him ... But I understand why they would, and wouldn't be too mad

coldrolled
01-08-2013, 10:35 PM
Not only did Te'o get destroyed by the Oline ...

Eddie Lacy made him his bitch multiple times ... when it was one on one , no blockers ... maybe the moment was just to big for him?

I wouldn't take him ... But I understand why they would, and wouldn't be too mad

Teo makes 17 now... these 4 may make 17...

Warmack, TEO, or maybe Mingo or Eifert

cbrunn
01-08-2013, 10:46 PM
Teo makes 17 now... these 4 may make 17...

Warmack, TEO, or maybe Mingo or Eifert

I take Warmack ... but that's just me ... I would just finish completely rebuilding the Oline

PPL will say you have yet to see the regular starters healthy and so on....
and I'll say you haven't even seen a healthy Spence play yet , who was a 3rd round pick... I agree I have my doubts but do you want to give up a 3rd round pick already??

Meanwhile Colon has had years, and I understand he'll be a huge dead cap space on the books ... but rather Now and get it over with then keep eating up a huge cap hit for how ever long his contract is

but that's just me

coldrolled
01-08-2013, 10:51 PM
I take Warmack ... but that's just me ... I would just finish completely rebuilding the Oline

PPL will say you have yet to see the regular starters healthy and so on....
and I'll say you haven't even seen a healthy Spence play yet , who was a 3rd round pick... I agree I have my doubts but do you want to give up a 3rd round pick already??

Meanwhile Colon has had years, and I understand he'll be a huge dead cap space on the books ... but rather Now and get it over with then keep eating up a huge cap hit for how ever long his contract is

but that's just me

Spence is from my home college team, he may not see a football field next year. Then if Timmons gets hurt, what do we have???

cbrunn
01-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Spence is from my home college team, he may not see a football field next year. Then if Timmons gets hurt, what do we have???

3rd or 4th round , Gerald Hodges ... beast mode (think Navaro Bowmen), if concerned about depth

But I think Sly can play ... yes I know the team knows more then me and see's him everyday , and if DL and those thought he was ready they would of played him and not drafted Spence ... But call me Stubborn I believe in him

I hate it had to be him, these instincts :banging:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWzJi1y6uhY

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2013, 12:15 AM
Warmack is sooo tempting. But that D-line is almost at red alert now.

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2013, 12:17 AM

He was hot coming out of high school. Then he was barely known nationally before this season. You guys just regurgitate what you hear on ESPN. Again, he's not a bad player, but he isn't special either.

USMC607
01-09-2013, 12:51 AM
Warmack would be nice... Especially if Lacy fell to us in the 2nd... Hmmm Power Running Game... We've missed you...

And Our Dline should be alright let Mclendon have a shot before we go red alert. Cause i think hell be solid... But behind harrison we have NO viable Pass Rushing OLB on the Right Side.... I think Mingo is gonna be our pick...

Mike Tomlin
01-09-2013, 05:06 AM
I think Te'o is ok but i would really rather have someone else at 17, I mean I don't hate him but I just don't think he is as good a some people pump him up to be. So before someone says I just hate him just because, I will say it again I think he's good but not as good as people are pumping him up to be. I'm not a scout but I think I have a pretty good feel of how good players can be and I think he's limited in some ways. In the right scheme he can be very good I just don't think ours is the one for him. I think he would be a really good pick for someone like Chicago so he can sit behind Urlacher for a year, that see and hit scheme would be good for him.

coldrolled
01-09-2013, 08:41 AM
I think Te'o is ok but i would really rather have someone else at 17, I mean I don't hate him but I just don't think he is as good a some people pump him up to be. So before someone says I just hate him just because, I will say it again I think he's good but not as good as people are pumping him up to be. I'm not a scout but I think I have a pretty good feel of how good players can be and I think he's limited in some ways. In the right scheme he can be very good I just don't think ours is the one for him. I think he would be a really good pick for someone like Chicago so he can sit behind Urlacher for a year, that see and hit scheme would be good for him.

Farrior was the defensive QB at ILB.. We need an intelligent ILB to QB our D.. He might not be superman, but sometimes the supermen are super dumb too.

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2013, 08:59 AM
Oh...you mean like Ray Malaluga. Got it.

coldrolled
01-09-2013, 09:21 AM
Oh...you mean like Ray Malaluga. Got it.

Malalugalalala we could have had him, but we took Hood..

LatrobePA
01-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Malalugalalala we could have had him, but we took Hood..

But Hood is awesome! lol

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Malaluga is as dumb as a bag of rocks.

Mike Tomlin
01-09-2013, 11:10 AM
Farrior was the defensive QB at ILB.. We need an intelligent ILB to QB our D.. He might not be superman, but sometimes the supermen are super dumb too. Didn't said he needed to be superman those are your words, just don't feel like he would do well in our system. Yeah it's good to have a smart player but you also need a dog at inside linebacker and he's not it. Hell Farrior played between 205 to 212 for most of the season but took on any guard and could hit any running back one on in this league that includes A.P. (as proven). Farrior wasn't always the smartest but he had been around long enough to know the ins and outs of our scheme. I've seen Te'o get his lunch ate plenty of times by linemen to running backs and i'm not just talking about the Alabama game either. Like I said I think he's good but not good enough for us ( not at 17 atleast)

K Train
01-09-2013, 11:56 AM
He was hot coming out of high school. Then he was barely known nationally before this season. You guys just regurgitate what you hear on ESPN. Again, he's not a bad player, but he isn't special either.

hes been on my radar since he came out of HS, hes played on some ****** teams and on some ****** defenses but anyone who follows the draft has known who he s for quite some time...i thought it was pretty surprising he went back to school last season. Dont tell me i just regurgitate ESPN garbage, ive seen him play plenty and 4 years of playing well and an incredible season isnt just erased by one game

NeilPatrickBanana
01-09-2013, 01:10 PM

I hate when the ignorant accuse the intelligent of regurgitating from {insert source}

You know, during your entire Te'o rant, you haven't made 1 comment about him as a football player. Not a single comment about his skill/talent. You've basically referrenced some missed tackles in 1 game, and made a dumb as rocks comparison to the Notre Dame schedule.

- Read & React speed = ELITE
- Lateral Mobility = ELITE
- Football IQ / Awareness = ELITE
- Sideline to Sideline = Very Good
- Leadership = Very Good
- Tackling = Very Good
- Zone Coverage = Very Good
- Point of Attack Strength = Above Average
- Blitz = Above Average

Te'o has no flaws

(But he's a much better fit in the middle of a 4-3, than a 3-4)

K Train
01-09-2013, 01:31 PM
I hate when the ignorant accuse the intelligent of regurgitating from {insert source}

You know, during your entire Te'o rant, you haven't made 1 comment about him as a football player. Not a single comment about his skill/talent. You've basically referrenced some missed tackles in 1 game, and made a dumb as rocks comparison to the Notre Dame schedule.

- Read & React speed = ELITE
- Lateral Mobility = ELITE
- Football IQ / Awareness = ELITE
- Sideline to Sideline = Very Good
- Leadership = Very Good
- Tackling = Very Good
- Zone Coverage = Very Good
- Point of Attack Strength = Above Average
- Blitz = Above Average

Te'o has no flaws

(But he's a much better fit in the middle of a 4-3, than a 3-4)

beautifully said.

he is a lot like farrior in that he could play all 4 LB positions for us, but like ive been saying hes a complete LB...could play all 7 positions between both schemes

steelchamp204
01-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Can we give Mike Mauti a look from PSU in the later rounds if we dont decide to get an ILB early (Teo), I like Mauti a lot and think he can bring a leadership role right away to this team.

K Train
01-09-2013, 01:41 PM
i like skov too

NeilPatrickBanana
01-09-2013, 01:42 PM
beautifully said.

he is a lot like farrior in that he could play all 4 LB positions for us, but like ive been saying hes a complete LB...could play all 7 positions between both schemes

I think his best position ends up being WLB in a 4-3 - where his vision, agility, sideline to sideline playmaking would make him a virtual Derrick Brooks clone.

I think he'd also be a very good MLB in a 4-3, where his ability to turn his hips and move will make him very attractive to Tampa 2 teams, and while I don't think he'll be as good physically as Urlacher, he has the same raw leadership and nose for the ball abilities to mirror what Urlacher has been to the Bears. A pure leader, whose impact transcends his ability.

As for a 3-4, I don't think he's as good of a fit for Pittsburgh because he would HAVE to play the Mack (Timmons). I think only weakness would be exposed playing the Buck (Foote) in a 3-4.

If he were available at #17, I'd take him in a heartbeat... and then make the case that our personnel now dictated that we play a 4-3. Timmons WLB, Te'o MLB

LatrobePA
01-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Neil & Train, thanks for the insight! It's helpful for me a college / draft dumbass!

cbrunn
01-09-2013, 02:08 PM
I think his best position ends up being WLB in a 4-3 - where his vision, agility, sideline to sideline playmaking would make him a virtual Derrick Brooks clone.

I think he'd also be a very good MLB in a 4-3, where his ability to turn his hips and move will make him very attractive to Tampa 2 teams, and while I don't think he'll be as good physically as Urlacher, he has the same raw leadership and nose for the ball abilities to mirror what Urlacher has been to the Bears. A pure leader, whose impact transcends his ability.

As for a 3-4, I don't think he's as good of a fit for Pittsburgh because he would HAVE to play the Mack (Timmons). I think only weakness would be exposed playing the Buck (Foote) in a 3-4.

If he were available at #17, I'd take him in a heartbeat... and then make the case that our personnel now dictated that we play a 4-3. Timmons WLB, Te'o MLB

If they would move to a 4-3 I want Gerald Hodges in the 3rd

Timmons , Teo , Hodges/Spence .... I can dig that

NeilPatrickBanana
01-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Neil & Train, thanks for the insight! It's helpful for me a college / draft dumbass!

No prob...
I try to do it without coming off like an *******... but im kind of an ***. lol

LatrobePA
01-09-2013, 02:11 PM
No prob...
I try to do it without coming off like an *******... but im kind of an ***. lol

We all are! Thanks man!!

NeilPatrickBanana
01-09-2013, 02:12 PM
If they would move to a 4-3 I want Gerald Hodges in the 3rd

Timmons , Teo , Hodges .... I can dig that

I can dig it too

JensK
01-09-2013, 02:24 PM
I do not understand the notion that Teo should be better suited for a 4-3. In my book, all his skillset screams 3-4. And he screams Steelers even more. He can basically do all we ask our ILBs to do, and he can do it well. That is not to say that he can't play in a 4-3 though. I just believe that he will thrive in a 3-4 based defense.

TarlsQtr
01-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Tarlsqtr, everyone on this board KNOWS your a "fake tough guy". Your always looking to pick a fight. You've got issues dude. It won't be long before your banned.

LOL You call me a "fake tough guy" and then go on an internet odyssey to get me banned? That is called "projection." (Get the dictionary out from under your couch leg to find out what that means.)

And "everyone knows it?" Well, you are the only one who has said it and has (gasp!) threatened to alert the authorities...

Notre Dame's schedule was as weak as ice cream setting in the desert this year. They jobbed Stanford on a TD that wasn't, and they beat a below average USC and an average Oklahoma team. That's not an opinion, that's fact buddy.

While you are at it, look up the definition of "fact." Fact-Stanford-Ranked 7, Oklahoma 15, Michigan 24, USC BCS-31, are "real" teams. What you gave is pure, unsubstantiated opinion.

As far as the Stanford game, would Eastern Kentucky University have been close enough to "job" Stanford?" What about Akron? No, because they are not "real" teams. ND played close enough to an elite team to have a call go their way. Your own argument supports my position and undermines yours.

Thus, people like Teo, are vastly overrated. I'm not saying that he's a bad player, he's just not as good as they've hyped up and he DAMN sure isn't worth those awards he's been given. Luckily for us, some other foolish team, who believes hype like you do will take him ahead of us therefore keeping us from making a huge mistake.

Typical sophomoric reasoning. Everyone else just bought the hype (including college coaches, NFL scouts, and others that make a living evaluating talent), but YOU know the real story. LOL And, yes, you did say he was a "bad" player. The word you used is "fraud" and you are now attempting to walk back your statements to a more supportable one. Don't trip on that stool during your backpedal.

But...........if he did slide down to us at # 17, that would be further proof that he's not all that he's been hyped up to be. But the facts are what they are..............He played a team with equal amount of talent, and he was nudered and a non-factor.

LOL So, if he goes early it shows you are right (they bought the hype) and if he does drop it shows you are right. Win/win!

Von Miller was dominant against all he played and he earned his selection in the first round. Teo was ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED! No real first round pick gets absolutely destroyed when going man on man. Teo got the love and the hype because the old heads wanted Notre Dame to be back...but it was all hype. He's an "okay" player.

Blah, blah, blah. Von Miller never had one bad game in pee wee, high school, college, or the pros. Sure... I suppose that game where Thunder Dan Kreider was pancaking future HOFer Ray Lewis play after play did not really happen because it NEVER happens to the great ones.

And your obviously a person who bases their opinions on what others say. You believe whatever ESPN tells you to believe. Sad that your not more intelligent...but you have a big mouth that I"ll have shut if you don't watch it.

Right, me and everyone who told you are wrong after your post just parrot ESPN while YOU know the truth. Do you realize how juvenile that makes you sound?

And again, I am the "fake tough guy?" Please do so. Come here and "shut" my mouth or cry to the moderator, which is more your style anyway.

You can state your opinions without the personal insults, but if you can't restrain yourself, I'll have a conversation with Blitz about your overall behavior in this forum. There are a few of us who have grown tired of your act. Respect your fellow posters..you don't have to agree with them, but you do have to respect them. Peace.

Please do so. Make sure you spell my name correctly. T-A-R-L-S-Q-T-R

BlitzburghRockCity
01-10-2013, 01:54 AM
Ease up there slick. you can have your own opinion all you want on this board and you can debate until your hearts content. I don't care if it gets heated or borderline ridiculous at times but lets keep things at least semi kosher and any personal attacks out of it shall we? We don't ask for much around here, even if you don't agree with a poster for any reason, other than keeping personal attacks off the board.

USMC607
01-10-2013, 02:03 AM
...The Usual awkward silence after a big argument/fight...

Real Deal Steel
01-10-2013, 11:22 AM
He got his hand slapped!...just like I told him he would if he didn't cool his heels from all the personal insults he's been hurling at different people. :hilarious:

Real Deal Steel
01-10-2013, 11:27 AM
I do not understand the notion that Teo should be better suited for a 4-3. In my book, all his skillset screams 3-4. And he screams Steelers even more. He can basically do all we ask our ILBs to do, and he can do it well. That is not to say that he can't play in a 4-3 though. I just believe that he will thrive in a 3-4 based defense.

I hope like hell someone else drinks the Teo koolaid and keeps our poor talent evaluating front office from making a grand mistake in the first round.

I don't understand the love for this guy. He isn't particularly fast, and faced with equal talent (which is all the NFL is) he isn't the supposed disruptive force people claim. We saw that against Alabama. He was stone walled the ENTIRE game.

I understand about a guy being stymied at times, but he was personally dominated for an entire game in an alarming fashion for a guy who was supposed to be sooo good. That screams overrated to me.

Real Deal Steel
01-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Ease up there slick. you can have your own opinion all you want on this board and you can debate until your hearts content. I don't care if it gets heated or borderline ridiculous at times but lets keep things at least semi kosher and any personal attacks out of it shall we? We don't ask for much around here, even if you don't agree with a poster for any reason, other than keeping personal attacks off the board.

God has spoketh.

steelchamp204
01-10-2013, 11:55 AM
He got his hand slapped!...just like I told him he would if he didn't cool his heels from all the personal insults he's been hurling at different people. :hilarious:

Says the guy who went to Sandusky and 10 year old boy jokes. Classy.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-10-2013, 11:56 AM
I hope like hell someone else drinks the Teo koolaid and keeps our poor talent evaluating front office from making a grand mistake in the first round.

oh jeez... both the "I'm an idiot so I think everyone else drinks kool aid" comment... AND, the presumption that your more intelligent than our front office... :lol:

I don't understand the love for this guy. He isn't particularly fast, and faced with equal talent (which is all the NFL is) he isn't the supposed disruptive force people claim. We saw that against Alabama. He was stone walled the ENTIRE game.

No one here is surprised that you don't understand it. You'd have to know something about football, instead you watched 1 game.

I understand about a guy being stymied at times, but he was personally dominated for an entire game in an alarming fashion for a guy who was supposed to be sooo good. That screams overrated to me.

You don't understand football. Let me explain. Te'o is an elite LBer in terms of his strengths (i'll get into why this makes him a better 4-3 backer, than a 3-4 backer in another post) which are pursuit, read and reach, side line to side line play. A great coach (Saban), when facing a "gamechanger" on defense, will coordinate the offense to the opponents weaknesses. A lot of people "think" you stay away from the best defenders (don't throw to revis side, dont run to aaron's gap, etc), but the truth is you can expose your opponent, if playing away from them highlights their strength. Playing away from a pursuit Lber, plays to his strength.

Saban geared the entire offense so that it wouldn't allow Te'o to play to his strengths. That alone tells you how good he is. The Alabama offensive gameplan was geared almost entirely around not letting Te'o do his thing (rooam, react, attack, pursuit).

This doesn't make up for the **** poor plays Te'o failed to make (Lacy 20 yd TD run stands out). But the point needs to be made that Alabama game planned specifically for Te'o, and that means something. the Tide rolled right at Te'o and put blocking schemes in place that accounted for him on every play. The rest of the Notre Dame front is pretty weak, and Alabama could dominate them 1 on 1 across the board, Te'o was there only focus and they pulled Beatly Guards into his gaps all night, and they left the outside completely empty... they didn't run there, they didn't block there, they didn't care... they schemed for the best player on the field (Te'o)

What talent evaluators should come away from the Alabama game understanding most importantly, is that Te'o needs to bulk up a bit, and his technique in terms of hand placement and leverage needs to be coached up so that he can disengage from NFL caliber Olinemen (Warmack, Fluker). I don't think they will be questioning his tackling ability. Even though he **** the bed on a handful of plays he should have made... there is still plenty of tape that shows his ability.

None of Alabama tape does anything to change the fact that Te'o has elite level skills in areas that are the most highly coveted for the LBer position at the NFL level. Did it hurt his draft stock? Maybe a bit. He may have went from a surefire top 10 pick, to a top 20 pick. At worst.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-10-2013, 12:00 PM

I hardly even watch ESPN anymore...lol I'm also a Notre Dame hater but I do love Te'o.......One bad game should erase his total body of work at Notre Dame.....The kid is one hell of a football player......

Real Deal Steel
01-10-2013, 12:15 PM
Black@gold,

What "body of work" are you referring too?? He was just "a guy" before this season. That's my whole point...he comes out of the blue this season and all of a sudden they say he's been a stud all along???

I watched him last season against USC and didn't think anything of him. He was just a player.

JensK
01-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Black@gold,

What "body of work" are you referring too?? He was just "a guy" before this season. That's my whole point...he comes out of the blue this season and all of a sudden they say he's been a stud all along???

I watched him last season against USC and didn't think anything of him. He was just a player.

This is just not true! Many were surprised that he did not come out last year, where most considered him a lock in the first round. It would be foolish to disregard that. You might not like him, but try to at least have a grain of truth to the claims :)

Black@Gold Forever32
01-10-2013, 01:07 PM
Black@gold,

You have your opinion of him and that is fine.....I was very impressed with Te'o the past two years watching him and I watched more then just a couple of games......As a Notre Dame hater I usually bet against Notre Dame so I do watch most of Notre Dame's games........

NeilPatrickBanana
01-10-2013, 01:09 PM
Black@gold,

You are completely clueless if you think Te'o came out of the blue. Stop having such strong opinions about stuff you clearly know nothing about.

Big T
01-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Black@gold,

You just love talking out of your *** don't you. Statements like these are exactly why people often don't take you seriously. And when someone disagrees with you, even though they provide evidence and speak with actual facts while you spew opinion as fact, they are stupid and regurgitate ESPN ****. He was a 1st round pick last year and surprised everyone when he went back to ND. He had more tackles the last two years than this year, more tackles for loss the last two years, and more sacks last year. This year Te'o just proved that not only can he be a tackling machine, he can also be a threat in pass coverage. He had 7 INTs this season alone, along with 11 passes deflected, 5 more than the last two years combined. He's been "hyped" this year because of his added growth and development into not only a stout run defender and tackler, but a turnover machine and game changer.

Those of us who actually pay attention to future NFL prospects in college have known about Te'o's high play for years. The fact that he's getting more media coverage this year than previous years actually makes it seem like you're the one who's going off of what ESPN spews since you clearly didn't know what a stud he has been the last couple of years until he started getting more attention. You're the one spewing ignorance and opinion as fact.

"I watched him last season against USC and didn't think anything of him"... Opinion. And that's ignoring the fact that it was just one game.

I guess Peyton Manning is a horrible, benchwarmer QB in your eyes since he played a terrible game in Atlanta week 2 this season.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-10-2013, 01:37 PM
You just love talking out of your *** don't you. Statements like these are exactly why people often don't take you seriously. And when someone disagrees with you, even though they provide evidence and speak with actual facts while you spew opinion as fact, they are stupid and regurgitate ESPN ****. He was a 1st round pick last year and surprised everyone when he went back to ND. He had more tackles the last two years than this year, more tackles for loss the last two years, and more sacks last year. This year Te'o just proved that not only can he be a tackling machine, he can also be a threat in pass coverage. He had 7 INTs this season alone, along with 11 passes deflected, 5 more than the last two years combined. He's been "hyped" this year because of his added growth and development into not only a stout run defender and tackler, but a turnover machine and game changer.

Those of us who actually pay attention to future NFL prospects in college have known about Te'o's high play for years. The fact that he's getting more media coverage this year than previous years actually makes it seem like you're the one who's going off of what ESPN spews since you clearly didn't know what a stud he has been the last couple of years until he started getting more attention. You're the one spewing ignorance and opinion as fact.

"I watched him last season against USC and didn't think anything of him"... Opinion. And that's ignoring the fact that it was just one game.

I guess Peyton Manning is a horrible, benchwarmer QB in your eyes since he played a terrible game in Atlanta week 2 this season.

OWNED

steelchamp204
01-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Watch out, he might go to Blitz about you guys. :hilarious:

Real Deal Steel
01-10-2013, 02:37 PM
This is just not true! Many were surprised that he did not come out last year, where most considered him a lock in the first round. It would be foolish to disregard that. You might not like him, but try to at least have a grain of truth to the claims :)

I don't know the guy so I don't dislike him..or like him. From my observation, he was just "a guy" last season. He did not stand out last year, and he didn't stand out to me this year. He just rode the "We want Notre Dame to be rellavant again" band wagon to get noticed. And I heard NO ONE mentioning him as a first round player last season. I'm being as truthful about this as I can...THERE WAS NO MENTION OF TEO last season by anything that I read or watched.

I don't see a great body of work. I see a guy who just rode the crest of the "we want Notre Dame to be rellevant again" tide.

Real Deal Steel
01-10-2013, 02:57 PM

Big T, relax dude.

First..your still smarting from losing the "Mendenhall is great" debate and losing the " Mike Wallace is great" debate to me also. Get over it.

Second..you and Neilpatrickbanana seem to feel that Teo is all that. Okay..that's fine. And you two say that Teo was well respected LAST season as well. I hate to inform you both but I do keep up with college football. Especially at the LB position because I was salivating over Luke Kuechly who got drafted by the Panthers and Kuechly was the Nagursky award winner along with the Butkus award winner for best linebacker in football. And I don't recall Teo being a finalist for that award..because he wasn't.

Looking at the last 5 Nagurski winners, none of them..none of them (Dorsey, Orakpo, Suh, Bowers or Kuechly)...got dominated like Teo did. Even in games that they lost, it wasn't because of their individual play. And that's my whole point that you guys seem to be missing. When he went up against equal talent, he was eviscerated.

And I'm not concerned with weather you "take me seriously or not" Who cares??? I've proven my points in the debates because my opinions always bear out to the actions of the teams and the organizations that I'm referring to. THAT...proves my credibility..not just what you guys think is right or wrong.

Teo may well be a good player. But to me, he has a red flag. Because the two most talented teams he's played were USC and Alabama. And he wasn't significant in last year's USC game, he wasn't significant in this year's USC game. And he wasn't significant against Alabama (and I'm being kind in saying that). That's my thought on that. Time will ultimately tell won't it?

Just like time told you about Mendenhall..and time told you about Wallace. And what time told you about those two is just what I said about them in the beginning. Peace.

TarlsQtr
01-10-2013, 03:24 PM

LOL Have you seen this board, including the posts of the same person who whined to you? You have EVERY RIGHT to monitor and police this board in any manner you would like. However, investigate instead of just reacting to the first person who whines to you like a fifth grader.

TarlsQtr
01-10-2013, 03:26 PM

Actually, you said you would get me banned. Still here.

TarlsQtr
01-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Watch out, he might go to Blitz about you guys. :hilarious:

There is one junior high hall monitor in every class. They graduate to Facebook and message board policemen. One thing I like about this board is that everyone ELSE pulls up their big boy pants, moves on after a spanking, life goes on, and they even have peaceful communication the next day. Like I said, there is always one.

TarlsQtr
01-10-2013, 03:40 PM
This is what "just a guy" did in his junior season:

Te'o led the Fighting Irish in tackles for the second straight season in 2011 with 128. Te'o also led the team in tackles for loss with 13.5 and finished second in sacks with 5.0.

Te'o was a finalist for the Butkus Award and the Lott Trophy and was selected as the 2011 FBS Independent Defensive Player of the Year.[26]

Te'o was named a second team All-American by the Associated Press, Walter Camp Football Foundation, Rivals.com, Phil Steele and CNNSI. Te'o was also named to the Capital One Academic All-American second team.[26]

I sure hope that facts will not hurt someone's feelings.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Second..you and Neilpatrickbanana seem to feel that Teo is all that. Okay..that's fine. And you two say that Teo was well respected LAST season as well. I hate to inform you both but I do keep up with college football. Especially at the LB position because I was salivating over Luke Kuechly who got drafted by the Panthers and Kuechly was the Nagursky award winner along with the Butkus award winner for best linebacker in football. And I don't recall Teo being a finalist for that award..because he wasn't.

Looking at the last 5 Nagurski winners, none of them..none of them (Dorsey, Orakpo, Suh, Bowers or Kuechly)...got dominated like Teo did. Even in games that they lost, it wasn't because of their individual play. And that's my whole point that you guys seem to be missing. When he went up against equal talent, he was eviscerated.

Yea, except... he was a 2011 finalist for the Butkus... what, you were too lazy to even google it?

You still haven't made one single football comment. The only comments you've made about Te'o is **** you could look up on the internet, like schedules, and awards (which you couldn't even get right).

what a clown...

TarlsQtr
01-10-2013, 04:23 PM
"Just a guy" in his sophomore season:

Te'o moved from outside to inside linebacker in 2010 as Notre Dame switched to a 3-4 defensive scheme under defensive coordinator Bob Diaco.[21] On April 30, 2010, Te'o was named to the 2010 Lombardi Award & Nagurski Award watch lists.[18][22]

Te'o led the Fighting Irish in tackles with 133, and was second in tackles for loss with 9.5. Against Stanford on September 25, Te'o finished with 21 total tackles. This total represents a career-high for Te'o and is also the most tackles in a game by an individual for Notre Dame since 2006.[23]

Te'o was named one of 16 semifinalists for both the Butkus Award (Best Collegiate Linebacker) and the Bednarik Award for top College defensive player.[24] Te'o was also named a Second Team All-American by CNNSI.[25]

"Just a guy" as a freshman:

Te'o entered his first college game at the start of the second defensive series early in the second quarter versus Nevada on September 5, 2009. On his third snap Te'o tackled Wolf Pack quarterback Colin Kaepernick after an 11-yard gain on third and 15 for his first collegiate tackle. After playing, but not starting, his first three games, Te'o made his first collegiate start in the Irish's game versus Purdue.[17] He played in all 12 games of his freshman season and finished the season with 63 tackles, the third-most tackles ever by a Notre Dame freshman behind Bob Golic (82 in 1975) and Ross Browner (68 in 1973).[18] Te'o also recorded 5.5 tackles for loss and 1 sack.

On December 8, 2009, Te'o was named a Freshman All-American by College Football News.[19] Te'o was also named a second-team Freshman All-American by Rivals.com.[20]

Real Deal Steel
01-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Neil,

I've made every "football" comment I'm going to make about Teo. As I said before, I hope someone saves Colbert from himself and takes Teo long before we pick at # 17. And how good he will be will be determined by time. As usual.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-10-2013, 05:14 PM
Neil,

I've made every "football" comment I'm going to make about Teo. As I said before, I hope someone saves Colbert from himself and takes Teo long before we pick at # 17. And how good he will be will be determined by time. As usual.

Total = 0 Football comments

FYI
"He got eviscerated!" = Not a football comment

Big T
01-11-2013, 02:27 AM
I don't know the guy so I don't dislike him..or like him. From my observation, he was just "a guy" last season. He did not stand out last year, and he didn't stand out to me this year. He just rode the "We want Notre Dame to be rellavant again" band wagon to get noticed. And I heard NO ONE mentioning him as a first round player last season. I'm being as truthful about this as I can...THERE WAS NO MENTION OF TEO last season by anything that I read or watched.

I don't see a great body of work. I see a guy who just rode the crest of the "we want Notre Dame to be rellevant again" tide.

Just a little something...

You can cross one potential first round pick off your list.

Our colleague John Taylor at College Football Talk shares the news that Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o announced this weekend that he’d be heading back to South Bend for his senior season. Te’o shared his thoughts with the world at an awards ceremony on Saturday night and the Chicago Tribune revealed Sunday that Te’o made the choice after his father advised him to declare for the draft.

Te’o, who can change his mind up to January 15th if he so desires, checked out where he stood with scouts by requesting an evaluation from the NFL about his draft prospects. He’s ranked among the top tier of prospects for the 2012 Draft by every draft analyst, but the pull of another year in college is obviously exerting greater sway than shaking Roger Goodell’s hand come April.

Te’o leads the Irish with 115 tackles, 13 tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks this season, which ends with the Champs Sports Bowl against Florida State on December 29th.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/12/manti-teo-wont-be-entering-the-draft/

coldrolled
01-11-2013, 07:49 AM
Just a little something...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/12/manti-teo-wont-be-entering-the-draft/

the article was from Dec. 12th?

coldrolled
01-11-2013, 07:56 AM
“I hope that the legacy we left was a dream season, but I don’t know,” Te’o said.

Te’o racked up 103 tackles in the regular season, yet missed tackle after tackle Monday night. Alabama took full advantage in its 42-14 victory.

The Irish defense, a unit that Te’o had personified and which had defined Notre Dame’s undefeated regular season, allowed 529 yards. If Te’o did not measure up, neither did the Fighting Irish.

The consequences could stretch beyond Monday night, beyond one final loss. It could haunt Te’o when N.F.L. teams are considering their draft boards.

“This was the type of performance that could push him out of the first 32 picks,” said Rob Rang, an N.F.L. Draft analyst for CBSSports.com. Rang added, “Struggling on the biggest stage of his life is not going to help his cause.”

Of any college football team, Alabama most resembled an N.F.L. team, Rang said, so video from Monday’s game could be considered a good predictor of Te’o’s ability as a pro. That video will show the Crimson Tide exploiting both Te’o’s weakness (speed) and his strength (tackling).

“He slipped off of players, didn’t bear down well in space, and just didn’t have the speed to beat the running back to the edge,” Rang said, although it did not take an expert to see that.

How Te’o’s performance will affect his draft stock is, of course, uncertain. But Notre Dame also faces a somewhat ambiguous path ahead.

Te’o will be gone. So will the senior tight end Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame’s top receiving threat; Theo Riddick, one of the Irish’s top rushers; and center Braxston Cave, among others. Running back Cierre Wood, who has a year of eligibility left, is considering making himself eligible for the draft.

Coach Brian Kelly could also be contemplating such a move.

On Saturday Kelly said of coaching in the N.F.L.: “It’s flattering if there is interest, which I don’t know that there is, but again, that is such a secondary topic for me right now. It’s all about this game.”

If Kelly stays his work will most likely start with quarterback Everett Golson. On Monday, Golson threw 36 passes, many of which fluttered or sailed, and finished with 270 yards, most coming after Alabama was comfortably ahead.

With Te’o gone, Notre Dame’s prospects should center even more around Golson’s development. The senior left tackle Zack Martin, who has a year of eligibility remaining, will be back, and the defensive line will return two stalwarts, Stephon Tuitt and Louis Nix III.

Trailing by 28 points at halftime Monday, hardly any of Te’o’s teammates had played well. But it is his draft status that could have been damaged the most.

USMC607
01-11-2013, 09:30 AM
The guys leadership, IQ, Passion, and ability to tackle (minus the alabama game) is enough for me to draft him at 17 if he falls to us...

He is going to be a great pro. He might not be an all-star, or some legendary player.... But he will deff help a team out for a long time.

Big T
01-11-2013, 10:49 AM
the article was from Dec. 12th?

Dec. 12, 2011

Just showing him how accurate his "no one mentioned him as a first rounder last year" comment was...

Real Deal Steel
01-11-2013, 11:34 AM
I see the point your trying to make. Hopefully he'll go before we pick at 17. Still think he's overatted. When was the last time supposed "lock"lb ever got manhandled (individually) like that.

LatrobePA
01-11-2013, 11:36 AM
He had a bad bowl game but I still feel he's a steal at 17 and no way you pass him up!

Real Deal Steel
01-11-2013, 11:39 AM
We'll see.

Big T
01-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Sure he had a bad bowl game. Will it hurt his stock? Hopefully, so he potentially falls to 17. He's got everything you want in a college prospect; the physical tools, the intangibles, the mental makeup, the work ethic, the leadership, not to mention an impressive body of work on the field. If any team can take him and turn him into a stud at the linebacker position, it's the Steelers.

IMHO, he's the type of guy that can come in and be the staple of our defense for over a decade.

LatrobePA
01-11-2013, 12:24 PM
Sure he had a bad bowl game. Will it hurt his stock? Hopefully, so he potentially falls to 17. He's got everything you want in a college prospect; the physical tools, the intangibles, the mental makeup, the work ethic, the leadership, not to mention an impressive body of work on the field. If any team can take him and turn him into a stud at the linebacker position, it's the Steelers.

IMHO, he's the type of guy that can come in and be the staple of our defense for over a decade.

Exactly!

cbrunn
01-11-2013, 12:45 PM
I definitely think he's over hyped by Steeler fans on these boards in general , because they see a leader and play caller and want Farrior back ...

I do not think he's top 10 pick talent or this once in a lifetime linebacker , as some people are making him out to be... I'll admit I do not watch Every game and what not, but the games I watched he just doesn't stick out to me, like he's the best player on the field

Now with that said not saying he's not a good player, and I think his position should be anywhere from 15-32 ,

My question going forward with him is has he reached his ceiling physically?? ... I'm not to sure he has the speed to keep up in the NFL , but he does have the football IQ and would have to put more time into tapes and stuff to be able to sniff things out quick, as his speed might not allow him to get their otherwise

On taking him , as I've said before , I would rather not but I wouldn't be too upset if they did ... oh yeah and the Michigan LT and Texas A&M RT both going back to school , is either going to mean there definitely won't be any Pass rushers left, or there will be some major reaches in this draft

TheTittsburghFeelers
01-11-2013, 12:55 PM
If given the choice at the moment, I would much rather draft Warmack at 17 over Teo and it's not even close. Evaluators are saying Warmack is the best guard in the last 5 years of the draft. Protecting Ben is a major problem area along with improving the running game. Who knows what is going to happen with Spence, but i don't see the value in Teo at that pick. People can say what they want about it being only 1 game and Saban taking away Notre Dame's strength or any other excuse for his poor play in the NC game. He will probably be a starter in the league for 10+ years, just don't see him as a impact player that is one of the best in the league. I believe Warmack will be a perennial all-pro. I feel the same about Dion Jordan, but don't believe he will be there at 17. I think Vaccaro is extremely talented but would take Warmack/Dion Jordan and Elam in the 2nd if available. If Elam is gone, I think we could get Philip Thomas in the 3rd or maybe 4th. I don't think Lacy will be there in the 2nd , assuming he is leaving Bama. I think he will go early 2nd/ late 1st. I am also a big fan of CB Xavier Rhodes and David Amerson. Both are bigger corners in the mold of Seahawks Richard Sherman and Browner. Rhodes probably won't be available in the 2nd, but Amerson could be a guy we could get in the 4th. This just seems like such a big draft going forward.

Big T
01-11-2013, 01:17 PM
I'm a big fan of Warmack as well. Adding him would complete a potentially legendary interior offensive line. Having Warmack and DeCastro on either side of Pouncey would be absolutely lethal. I'm getting slightly aroused just thinking about it lol (no homo).

I still love Te'O though.

coldrolled
01-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Warmack would be nice too. He may be gone before 15... Teo too.

then you have the mingo, vaccaro senario... who knows... we have holes all over... and maybe TE too.

USMC607
01-11-2013, 01:31 PM
Ya i havent really been commenting on Warmack because after that NatChamp game im convinced he played himself into the top 15... So i dont think he is there for us...

But an oline of Gilbert - Warmack - Pouncey - DeCastro - Adams.... My god... Ben would probably be able to put the ball on the ground go take a **** in the locker room come back and still have time to make his throw.

cbrunn
01-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Ya i havent really been commenting on Warmack because after that NatChamp game im convinced he played himself into the top 15... So i dont think he is there for us...

But an oline of Gilbert - Warmack - Pouncey - DeCastro - Adams.... My god... Ben would probably be able to put the ball on the ground go take a **** in the locker room come back and still have time to make his throw.

Imagine a motivated more mature Dwyer running behind that line ... and then add in Andre Ellington or Kenjon Barner to the mix in the 3rd , with the loss of Rainey

or Like Zac Stacey or DJ Harper later on in the draft too

steelchamp204
01-11-2013, 02:52 PM
I like that Scwoop from Texas AM for a later round pick. I think he would be a good possesion receiver.

Real Deal Steel
01-12-2013, 12:14 PM

Love the sound of that..but let's get a real O-line coach too. THEN... the real excitement begins!

Real Deal Steel
01-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Warmack would be nice too. He may be gone before 15... Teo too.

then you have the mingo, vaccaro senario... who knows... we have holes all over... and maybe TE too.

With all our other needs, that Miller injury is really a problem. Going to be interesting to see if they go for a pass catching TE or just get an inline blocking TE and go 3 wide receivers more.

LatrobePA
01-12-2013, 12:47 PM
I think they have to go D with the first pick... But who knows!!

coldrolled
01-12-2013, 01:47 PM

Bens still getting sacked and not healthy all year.. Warmack or Cooper would be good.
ILB in the 2nd round Kasheen Greene.

LatrobePA
01-12-2013, 01:48 PM
Bens still getting sacked and not healthy all year.. Warmack or Cooper would be good.

True I was just thinking a healthy Adams, DD and we'd be set.

coldrolled
01-12-2013, 02:22 PM

JensK
01-12-2013, 02:28 PM
As for ILB, I really like Teo, Skov and Minter. I would not at all be sad should Minter fall to us in the second though in all fairness I doubt he will.

USMC607
01-12-2013, 03:42 PM
Minter would be nice.. But if Ed Lacy is there in the 2nd i reallllly want him and there is no way he falls to us in the 3rd.

USMC607
01-12-2013, 03:43 PM
if we go OLB in the 1st and grab lacy (if hes there) in the 2nd. I think we could get a decent ILB in later rounds tho like you said SKOV in the 3rd, you also got Riddick, Mauti. etc

JensK
01-12-2013, 03:52 PM
I would be shocked to see Skov there when we pick in the third. I know a lot of sites have him ranked as a third-day kind of player, but I could easily see him going late in the second. Plenty of teams in need of a good ILB, and the class is not too deep this year.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-12-2013, 05:28 PM
unless we are changing defenses (we are not), i don't see ILB as a top 3 round need. pass rushers, safety, wr, rb are much bigger needs.

but if i had to spend a early pick on an ilb, i'd want minter

Real Deal Steel
01-12-2013, 06:06 PM
pass rushers, safety and nose tackle. Those look to be the biggest needs.

I don't see Teo getting past the Bills at # 8. They need LB's like crazy.

I think Mingo will fall to us at # 17 and that would be an outstanding get. And I think everyone would be happy with that. But some scouts are saying that Mike Adams will end up being a right tackle for the remainder of his career. If that be the case, then Taylor Lewan (MIchigan) will still be on the board and he could be our future at left tackle.

JensK
01-12-2013, 06:22 PM
They still like Gilbert, and he has been solid when playing, so they might give him a chance on left tackle before they draft anything

Real Deal Steel
01-12-2013, 06:26 PM
Well, if they stay with Adams,

Other then Mingo, I really like that John Jenkins (nose tackle from Georgia). God knows that we need help at nose tackle and Jenkins is a beast at 6'4" 363 pounds. He looks like a Steelers. LOL. And Jenkins can help us right away. No disrespect to Mcclendon.

JensK
01-12-2013, 06:30 PM
I would love Mingo or any good passrusher really, but a great NT would be most welcome as well. After all, in our system the LBs are only as good as the 3 guys up front.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-12-2013, 06:49 PM
pass rushers, safety and nose tackle. Those look to be the biggest needs.

I don't see Teo getting past the Bills at # 8. They need LB's like crazy.

I think Mingo will fall to us at # 17 and that would be an outstanding get. And I think everyone would be happy with that. But some scouts are saying that Mike Adams will end up being a right tackle for the remainder of his career. If that be the case, then Taylor Lewan (MIchigan) will still be on the board and he could be our future at left tackle.

Lewan is going back to Michigan for his senior season

NT is not a need (not in the first 3 rounds)

I'd be happy with Mingo

WR and RB are both bigger needs than ILB and NT

JensK
01-12-2013, 06:56 PM
WR and RB is only a need if both Mendenhall and Wallace is gone. They might be (most likely), but they might also be back.

I just don't understand why you don't think NT is a need. McClendon is not a run-stopping NT who open holes for the LBs. He can rush the QB and thats about it. When Hampton played well this season (towards the end of the season), the whole defense played well. We have no one behind him, and you cannot expect him to play anywhere near a high level next year.

Real Deal Steel
01-12-2013, 07:03 PM
I strongly disagree Neil...nose tackle is a red alert need! One of the main reasons we haven't won the division the last couple of years is that (I hate to say it) we are not as dominant on the lines. Getting Jenkins would be a hell of a start to getting back to being dominant.

coldrolled
01-12-2013, 07:09 PM
need help at nose tackle and Jenkins is a beast at 6'4" 363 pounds. He looks like a Steelers. LOL. And Jenkins can help us right away. No disrespect to Mcclendon.

Can McClendon move to rde lde

coldrolled
01-12-2013, 07:12 PM
only as good as the 3 guys up front.

Well if all 4 guys around the three guys were more of a threat... that would help the 3 guys up front look better too...

JensK
01-12-2013, 07:12 PM
I actually don't think having McClendon move to end would be a horrible idea. He would have to lose some weight, but his playing style is better suited for end in LeBeaus system imo.

JensK
01-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Well if all 4 guys around the three guys were more of a threat... that would help the 3 guys up front look better too...

Obviously, but my point is that out ILBs have an extremely rough time if they have to take on guards themselves on every play because our d-line aint opening any holes.

cbrunn
01-12-2013, 07:20 PM
No not many teams run the power run anymore where you need the Dline to take up 2 blockers.... they run that stretch play , where you need penetration up the middle to stop ... McClendon will be just fine... at least that's my 2 cents...

and just drafted Ta"amu which with a year under his belt might be better ... like he said in preseason or camp, he made a play behind the line and got bitched at because that's not what the Steelers Dline does, they just hold there block ... Please let the players play , make all the plays you can, F this Old School Defense

About the ILB , I love Hodges in the 3rd , and I think he poses better value then grabbing one in the 2nd or 3rd , if any at all (depends on Spence recover is going)

cbrunn
01-12-2013, 07:24 PM
Oh yeah and I don't think RB is that much of a need besides a change of pace back ... I think Dwyer will be more than fine ... treat him just like a rookie , his Age is like he is a rookie ... yes the 1st couple season he came in out of a shape and stuff but he was only 20 I think when they drafted him, so he was immature and knew he wasn't really going to get any PT ... this season he took Offseason a little more seriously and he showed some things, now this offseason he knows the starting job is his, he's more mature , and will take Offseason even more serious and be in even better shape

NeilPatrickBanana
01-12-2013, 07:27 PM
I strongly disagree Neil...nose tackle is a red alert need! One of the main reasons we haven't won the division the last couple of years is that (I hate to say it) we are not as dominant on the lines. Getting Jenkins would be a hell of a start to getting back to being dominant.

One of the main reasons??? holy ****... i don't think it would even crack the top 10 reasons. What's your evidence? Is it the fact that we are still a top tier run stopping team every year?

McClendon, Taamu, Fangupo.... we are fine at NT

Our lack of pass rushers
Our lack of takeaway DBs
Our lack of homerun hitters on offense

those are important reasons...

NT... is a plug and play position in this defense. There's a reason that everytime Hampton went down, Hoke was able to come in and we never missed a beat

NeilPatrickBanana
01-12-2013, 07:33 PM
WR and RB is only a need if both Mendenhall and Wallace is gone. They might be (most likely), but they might also be back.

I just don't understand why you don't think NT is a need. McClendon is not a run-stopping NT who open holes for the LBs. He can rush the QB and thats about it. When Hampton played well this season (towards the end of the season), the whole defense played well. We have no one behind him, and you cannot expect him to play anywhere near a high level next year.

yes, i think mendy and wallace will be gone... its a forgone conclusion.

pressure, takeaways, spash plays.... that's what you need on defense today. im not wasting high end draft picks on gap controlling dline... how's that working out with Hood and Heyward? We have 2, young, later round NT prospects. I liked Fangupo a lot in his draft, I'm glad we snagged him. Let those 2 fight for a job in camp before we spend another high pick on a space eater.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-12-2013, 07:37 PM
Oh yeah and I don't think RB is that much of a need besides a change of pace back ... I think Dwyer will be more than fine ... treat him just like a rookie , his Age is like he is a rookie ... yes the 1st couple season he came in out of a shape and stuff but he was only 20 I think when they drafted him, so he was immature and knew he wasn't really going to get any PT ... this season he took Offseason a little more seriously and he showed some things, now this offseason he knows the starting job is his, he's more mature , and will take Offseason even more serious and be in even better shape

i like dwyer as much as anyone... but im realistic about his ceiling. he's not going to be a back who changes the game. we don't have a pass catcher, 3rd down back. we don't have a hurry up offense back. we have a solid 1st half back, and a short yardage back in Redman. RB is asbolutely a need.

It's a 2 back league now. it's not a good draft to need a rb... we should've grabbed someone last year (Lemichael James... doh doh doh!!!)

cbrunn
01-12-2013, 07:42 PM
i like dwyer as much as anyone... but im realistic about his ceiling. he's not going to be a back who changes the game. we don't have a pass catcher, 3rd down back. we don't have a hurry up offense back. we have a solid 1st half back, and a short yardage back in Redman. RB is asbolutely a need.

It's a 2 back league now. it's not a good draft to need a rb... we should've grabbed someone last year (Lemichael James... doh doh doh!!!)

I really like Kenjon Barner if he's there in the 4th ... and Zac Stacey or DJ Harper later on ... I think all 3 would be great compliments to Dwyer

NeilPatrickBanana
01-12-2013, 07:53 PM
I really like Kenjon Barner if he's there in the 4th ... and Zac Stacey or DJ Harper later on ... I think all 3 would be great compliments to Dwyer

im a big fan of barner and franklin (as 3rd/4th round guys)

Lacy played himself out of our range (unless we used our 1st on him)

but i'm seriously considering lattimore in the 2nd

my position on RBs has been moving a lot since the end of the reg season, bowl games... and i expect it will continue to move more towards investing a 2nd rounder in the position.

Real Deal Steel
01-12-2013, 08:18 PM
A second rounder? Hmmm.

USMC607
01-13-2013, 01:15 AM
im a big fan of barner and franklin (as 3rd/4th round guys)

Lacy played himself out of our range (unless we used our 1st on him)

but i'm seriously considering lattimore in the 2nd

my position on RBs has been moving a lot since the end of the reg season, bowl games... and i expect it will continue to move more towards investing a 2nd rounder in the position.

I agree on one of your other posts about NT, not only do i think Mclendon will do fine, i think NT is a plug and play spot too anymore...

However, i think Lacy could still go middle of the 2nd. He played really well but when i look at the other teams in the NFL that pick after our 1st RD pick, i see other dire problems on them.

The only team i see possibly picking him up in the 1st round is ATL since TE and RB are big needs for them with Turner (on the decline) and Gonzalez (about to retire). But if ATL don't pick him up i see a very real chance of him falling to us.

Not saying that he will but its a decent possibility. The combine will give us a better feel for where hell be.

Marcus Lattimore in the 2nd... That could be the most brilliant idea, or the worst. It all depends on if he comes back healthy and the same RB as he was b4 or if he just continues to be injury prone. Are you willing to gamble a 2nd RD pick on that.

I just dont know. I mean McGahee came back and was a solid RB for yrs after his knee injury in the NatChamp game against OSU, so Lattimore could too.. but i just dk about giving up a 2nd. He is a special RB tho.

USMC607
01-13-2013, 01:16 AM
Would anybody take a chance on Montee Ball in the 3rd?

Real Deal Steel
01-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Disagree.

A dominant nose tackle gets the push up the middle on passing downs, which stop QB's like Flacco from stepping up which forces them to move toward either Woodley or Harrison on the edges. Jonathan Jenkins of Georgia would fit the bill perfectly. We need to start being the Steelers again. We need to become dominant on the line like we used to be.

polamalu43
01-14-2013, 01:06 AM
Montee Ball in Round 3 is a yes. As for Lattimore.....round 4 would be my gamble on him.

What about this guy....Christine Michael...don't know much about him but the write up looks good.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664173/christine-michael

NeilPatrickBanana
01-14-2013, 01:10 AM
Disagree.

A dominant nose tackle gets the push up the middle on passing downs, which stop QB's like Flacco from stepping up which forces them to move toward either Woodley or Harrison on the edges. Jonathan Jenkins of Georgia would fit the bill perfectly. We need to start being the Steelers again. We need to become dominant on the line like we used to be.

uh... most NT's come of the field in passing situations. what steelers have you been watching? a dominant NT requires 2 olinemen to account for him, creating more 1 on 1 situations for the rest of the front 7.

are you trying to set a record for being wrong?

Mike Tomlin
01-14-2013, 01:31 AM
We really need a go getter at RB because right now all we have is change of pace backs. I used to think Mendenhall was it but i've realized that his mind is really not on football, he just lacks aggression at times. He has the size and speed to be one of the best backs in the league, but the boy is Bipolar on the field lol. When the light turns on for him I really hope he's in a steelers uniform. . Again I really wish we could get Jones-Drew ,Running backs don't command as much money as they used to. I think the jags would let him go for a 3rd or 4th rounder.

Real Deal Steel
01-16-2013, 02:29 PM
Listen to my local sports station hear in Los Angeles and they are saying that the Bengals have a dead eye lock on Lacy. Makes sense because Andy Dalton doesn't scare anyone so they are going to need to continue the upgrade of talent around him.

cbrunn
01-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Listen to my local sports station hear in Los Angeles and they are saying that the Bengals have a dead eye lock on Lacy. Makes sense because Andy Dalton doesn't scare anyone so they are going to need to continue the upgrade of talent around him.

The Raiders practically made them good, who trades a 1st and 2nd for Carson Palmer

this division isn't getting any easier

Real Deal Steel
01-16-2013, 04:46 PM
Yeah....wish we could trade Wallace for an additional 2nd round pick.

USMC607
01-18-2013, 04:14 PM
The Raiders practically made them good, who trades a 1st and 2nd for Carson Palmer

this division isn't getting any easier

It could if the Steelers would just give up on their Prehistoric morals and ways of going about business.

They need to realize you dont have to be the Redskins in free agency but at least take a look and if there is a guy that makes sense even if he is a big name TRY to sign him... Throw a number at him who knows we could get lucky...

Or trading a guy for stuff that hes actually worth.

How do we get what like a 5th round pick for Santonio Holmes a Super Bowl MVP, and They get a 1st and 2nd for a QB with knees of glass and that has shown flashes but no real consistent ability to be legit.

Dont give me that excuse that because of his behavior thats all teams where offering for Holmes.... I can't believe that for a second with how desperate some teams are for WR. Even if it was true keep him anyway until things cool down and then trade him. I know they wanted to make an example of him with all that was going on at the time... But make an example while doing something to benefit the team...

USMC607
01-18-2013, 04:15 PM
They need to find a way to sign wallace and trade him to a team for picks...

Letting him walk via free agency is terrible...

Goodfrom55
01-18-2013, 04:21 PM

If the Steelers somehow sign him, they will do so with the intention of keeping him. In Wallace's mind, he has a high dollar value, but after last season on the field performance and lack of leadership demonstrated, he will be an affordable sign. Question is, does he want to come back? I don't think they have any leverage to sign him and trade him.

Draft wise, Steelers need an OLB or ILB or a safety.

Not that this would happen, but if Troy was ever shown the door, I could see Clark going to SS and them drafting a FS with better ball hawk skills.

USMC607
01-18-2013, 04:56 PM
I understand its probably not gonna happen but i would really like to get something out of Wallace not just letting him walk empty handed...

And after this season his dollar amount may have came down. But thats not always a certainty. Plus with what colbert said about Free Agents... But i have a hard time believing the steelers are going to let all free agents walk this season without trying to sign them. Especially Keenan Lewis.

I agree OLB, ILB, and S are a need i would add RB in there too because it seems like that position is going to be gutted with only Dwyer Remaining on the team.

mcfly06
01-18-2013, 06:43 PM
I understand its probably not gonna happen but i would really like to get something out of Wallace not just letting him walk empty handed...

And after this season his dollar amount may have came down. But thats not always a certainty. Plus with what colbert said about Free Agents... But i have a hard time believing the steelers are going to let all free agents walk this season without trying to sign them. Especially Keenan Lewis.

I agree OLB, ILB, and S are a need i would add RB in there too because it seems like that position is going to be gutted with only Dwyer Remaining on the team.

I think Wallace will want to go too Arizona now that BA is there, i expect them to make a big run at him. Draft wise the East vs West Shrine game is tomorrow at 4-430 on NFL Network, so check it out!! But i saw that we are looking at Collin Kline, Ray Graham those are the top two players. Colbert also said dont count us out drafting a QB in the first round. He said this year we can go for any position with any pick. I like this Colbert better than how he was in past living in that bubble like our team is just fine, just draft a player to fill in later like 3-5 yrs later. We need to start drafting players to come in right away make a impact. I just hope we make a splash in the draft and free agent, but i dont want no OL taken first

USMC607
01-18-2013, 11:27 PM
I would take a chance on Klein in the 6th or 7th round...

People are really knocking his ability to throw the ball... But they also said everything wrong with him is something that can be coached out of him... Plus i love his scrambling ability... We could come up with some situational scheme plays built around his running ability like a QB scramble on 3rd and 1s and goal-line plays

cbrunn
01-18-2013, 11:29 PM
Follow me on this trail of trades ... tell me if all this is realistic

Chiefs trade #1 to Philly for #4 and a 3rd
-Chiefs want a QB... none there at #1 they say they'll take the BPA, Okie Doke Eagles who NEED that LT and move up 3 spots for a 3rd(maybe more)

Chiefs trade #4 to the Saints for #15 and a 3rd, and a Future 2nd
- Still nobody really worth taking at number 4 for the Chiefs, and they have wholes to fill ... Saints need a pass rusher , Jarvis Jones, Moore , Mingo and so on

Steelers trade #17 to the 49ers for their 1st and 2nd
- 49ers have an extra 3rd, so they don't mind moving up and getting somebody like Dion Jordan (if he falls) or get a safety before the run on safeties happen

Steelers trade their 49ers 1st for the Chiefs 2nd and one of their extra 3rds
- Chiefs want to jump back up and get Geno Smith before Jacksonville can at the top of the 2nd

Chiefs end 1st round with , #15 and Geno Smith , a extra 3rd, and a Future 2nd

Steelers end 1st round with , 3 2nds , and 2 3rds
(#34) , #47 , 49ers 2nd , Saints 3rd , Steelers 3rd

49ers get Dion Jordan or their #1 safety , and still have 2 3rd round picks so they get 7 players this draft

cbrunn
01-18-2013, 11:31 PM
this would be the picks

34 - 48 - 60 - 75 -79 - 4th - 5th -6th - 7th

USMC607
01-19-2013, 04:12 AM
this would be the picks

34 - 48 - 60 - 75 -79 - 4th - 5th -6th - 7th

34 - Ed Lacy - RB
48 - Justin Hunter - WR
60 - Phillip Thomas - S
75 - Larry Warford - OG
79 - Sean Porter - OLB
4th - Duke Williams - S
5th - Michael Mauti - ILB
6th - Brandon Williams - NT
7th - Colin Klein - QB

Man... Wouldn't that be something...:grin1:

TarlsQtr
01-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Plus with what colbert said about Free Agents... But i have a hard time believing the steelers are going to let all free agents walk this season without trying to sign them. Especially Keenan Lewis.

I believe a lot of people are misinterpreting what Colbert said. He did not say that he would not attempt to sign our FAs. He said that he would let them all hit the open market first in order to determine their value. I agree with the approach, except possibly with Lewis. He is a kid with tons of potential and one you may be able to get at a decent price. However, whenever someone hits the open market you run the risk of someone throwing stupid money at the player.

TarlsQtr
01-19-2013, 10:00 AM

This only would have worked last season.

Why would Wallace sign only to be traded? Why not just sign with the team who wants him?

And why would another team allow Wallace to sign with Pittsburgh, pay him the exact same salary, and give up draft picks? They would just offer him the same money (or slightly more) and not give up the picks.

USMC607
01-19-2013, 12:45 PM
Oh i understand its just a wish... I know the reality of it... But i would have loved to get something opposed to nothing.

And i would deff sign Lewis b4 free agency hits, i mean you can use that see their value on the market with all the other guys but If they let Lewis hit FA we are going to get outbid... Hes young, played injured, and showed promise/progress...

USMC607
01-19-2013, 12:45 PM
Oh i understand its just a wish... I know the reality of it... But i would have loved to get something opposed to nothing.

And i would deff sign Lewis b4 free agency hits, i mean you can use that see their value on the market with all the other guys but If they let Lewis hit FA we are going to get outbid... Hes young, played injured, and showed promise/progress...