PDA

View Full Version : Non Steeler Related - Ray Lewis announces his retirement

Rhys Lightning 63
01-02-2013, 01:21 PM
Very rarely do I praise a Raven, but damn it, he was up there in the argument as the greatest linebacker ever and a TRUE icon for the game.

Even so, damn I'm happy that we won't be facing him again next year. If only Ed Reed could follow him it would be perfect

Crash
01-02-2013, 01:25 PM
Ray Lewis couldn't shine Jack Lambert's spikes.

teeceemadison
01-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Ray Lewis couldn't shine Jack Lambert's spikes.
you got that right......

old Ray 'jump on the pile' Lewis......

ham was better, lambert was better....

Rhys Lightning 63
01-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Personally, I think there are LB better than Lewis, but certainly he's in the top 10. I think guys like Lambert, Ham, Butkus, Singletary, Bednarik were better than him, but if people want to say he's the greatest ever, I'm not gonna argue with them

LatrobePA
01-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Ray Lewis to retire from Baltimore Ravens after this season

By

Published: January 02, 2013 at 6:11 AM PST

Modified: January 02, 2013 at 6:14 AM PST

Linebacker Ray Lewis told the Baltimore Ravens team "this will be my last ride" on Wednesday.

Lewis has been out of action since Oct. 14 with a triceps injury.

Crash
01-02-2013, 01:37 PM
I would. He couldn't cover RB and WRs 20 yards down field like Jack could.

Ray Lewis would jump on piles after a play and get credit for a tackle.

I'll never forget the game where Dan Kreider was kicking his *** one on one, and he's yelling to his teammates "They are double teaming me!"

I bet they laughed their *** off at him during the following film session.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Lewis has been overrated for the last 5 years. I'm glad his *** won't be on the field anymore, and no more of that stupid dance he does. Whatever will the Baltimorons do without their god on gameday... YAWN.

In his hayday he was as good as you can get at the time, but that ship has sailed. He was more of an emotional leader than a playmaker recently.

Real Deal Steel
01-02-2013, 03:34 PM
Screw Lewis. He doesn't deserve a thread in our forum. **** him and the horse he rode in on too. Let the door knob hit him where the good Lord split him.

Crash
01-02-2013, 03:37 PM
What he said!

North Steel
01-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Hey Lewis now you can go back and do what you do best :2guns::2guns::2guns:,go fu*k yourself

steelchamp204
01-02-2013, 03:42 PM
Well, Ill never forget when he made Mendy his bitch. Damn, that hit is clear as hell in my head.

LatrobePA
01-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Well, Ill never forget when he made Mendy his bitch. Damn, that hit is clear as hell in my head.

Mendy texting **** before that game was the beginning of his issues!

HUNT4SEVEN
01-02-2013, 04:24 PM
This is not news, EFF the Rats and they entire team...

Nolrog
01-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Lewis has played at a high level late into his career. Always hated facing him. Glad to see he's retiring. Baltimore won't be the same tam without him.

steelers75
01-02-2013, 04:37 PM
Later, Pilejumper.

Zachintosh66
01-02-2013, 04:39 PM
good maybe we can get back to dominating the series again

Rhyno
01-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Hate the Ravens with a passion and there are many other linebackers I like more than Lewis, but I think he might be the best football player ever.

Omicron
01-02-2013, 05:16 PM
Lewis has played at a high level late into his career. Always hated facing him. Glad to see he's retiring. Baltimore won't be the same tam without him.

IMO, this retirement is fake. A motivation ploy to stir up the team for the playoffs. If they win it all, he will believe it worked and that will be the end of his football career. If they lose closely, he will say something like "the competitive fire brought me back for one more year to win it all, blah, blah, blah".

49ers - send Cunwhiff back to the Ratbirds for the post season.

Omicron
01-02-2013, 05:17 PM
Hate the Ravens with a passion and there are many other linebackers I like more than Lewis, but I think he might be the best football player ever.

Best football player ever? Not a chance.

LarryNJ
01-02-2013, 05:47 PM
He's not the best LB ever, but he was a great one. I never liked him as a player but damn he sure was a HUGE part of making the rivalry one of the best ever. Without him the Ravens/Steeler games certainly wouldn't have been the same. If i was at Heinz field and knew it was his last trip there I'd clap for him.

Thanks for the memories Ray it was great beating you and sucked when we lost to you.

LatrobePA
01-02-2013, 06:06 PM
I wouldn't mind to run his throat over with my car. But yes he has been a great, great player!!!

Rhyno
01-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Best football player ever? Not a chance.

It's obviously subjective and there is no way to prove or disprove it (The reason I used the key word "might"). Just the way I feel and I do not expect anyone on this board to agree. The dude was absolutely dominant.

Clevelandsux
01-02-2013, 09:30 PM
lewis has been the face of there franchise since they moved to baltimore. wont be the same not seeing lewis out there.

Troyisabeast_43
01-02-2013, 10:20 PM
It's funny how the Ravens fans all over twitter and their message boards are saying now that they are going to win the Super Bowl because of Ray Lewis announcing his retirement. Apparently the Ravens fans think Lewis retiring will motivate them so much that it will actually lead to them to a Super Bowl win lead by all people Joe Flacco...Haha what a joke...I cant wait when they get booted out like they always do...Flacco never beats Manning,Brady or Ben in the playoffs and the same will hold true again this year. He might get by Luck this week but he will not get by either Manning or Brady the following week...

LatrobePA
01-02-2013, 11:10 PM
It's funny how the Ravens fans all over twitter and their message boards are saying now that they are going to win the Super Bowl because of Ray Lewis announcing his retirement. Apparently the Ravens fans think Lewis retiring will motivate them so much that it will actually lead to them to a Super Bowl win lead by all people Joe Flacco...Haha what a joke...I cant wait when they get booted out like they always do...Flacco never beats Manning,Brady or Ben in the playoffs and the same will hold true again this year. He might get by Luck this week but he will not get by either Manning or Brady the following week...

You never know... This could be the spark they need!!

Crash
01-02-2013, 11:16 PM
One and done. Flacco sucks.

North Steel
01-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Well lets see who is going to win,the team playing for their coach who is battling cancer or lewis's retirement.What a fu*king joke

Blazedby92
01-03-2013, 01:41 AM
Blah Blah Blah MURDERER Go F**** yourself

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

OldSchool58
01-03-2013, 07:56 AM
Blah Blah Blah MURDERER Go F**** yourself

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

LOL! :cope:
Exactly what I was thinkin'. Lewis is nothing but a big mouthed, non dancing, attention whore, purple wearin', knob slobberin', piece of crow sh*t.

jpele
01-03-2013, 09:18 AM

I'll never forget Dan Kreider making Ray his bitch and he did it often.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2013, 01:56 PM
Apparently ESPN is going to hire Lewis as soon as the season is over. Just saw it come through on Twitter but ESPN isn't commenting yet.

steelchamp204
01-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Apparently ESPN is going to hire Lewis as soon as the season is over. Just saw it come through on Twitter but ESPN isn't commenting yet.

Well, I hardly ever watch espn anymore how it is now. That puts the icing on the cake. Ill just continue to read there articles is all.

Moondog
01-04-2013, 02:17 PM
Ray was great in his time, but I think for the past few years he has been a figurehead who is a liability in pass coverage. I think it would be great to see him sent out to pasture by the same team that left Baltimore in the middle of the night. If this were to occur in front of his home crowd, it would be priceless poetic justice. Must see TV.

Prosdo
01-04-2013, 05:59 PM
lewis has been the face of there franchise since they moved to baltimore. wont be the same not seeing lewis out there.

I agree with this. When I think Ravens, I think Ray Lewis. The rivalry just doesn't seem right without Ray.

Goodfrom55
01-04-2013, 07:42 PM
As a Steelers fan, F- Ray Lewis.

As a football fan, I can say I have had the privelege of watching the greatest INSIDE LINEBACKER in NFL history.

Ed Reed is likely next.

LevonKirkland99
01-05-2013, 05:41 PM
As a Steelers fan, F- Ray Lewis.

As a football fan, I can say I have had the privelege of watching the greatest INSIDE LINEBACKER in NFL history.

Ed Reed is likely next.greatest ILB? Don't think so....bye Lewis good luck with whatever the @#$ u do....

LevonKirkland99
01-05-2013, 05:46 PM
I remember when they interviewed Lewis before a game against the Steelers in 2009. This was a year after we won the SB. He was disrespectinv the Steelers right and left. He gave the Steelers no respect as SB champs...

Crash
01-05-2013, 05:52 PM
I remember when Ben lit Lewis' defense up for 5 TDs in a half and he was bragging that the "Steelers couldn't run on us".

connecticutsteel
01-06-2013, 02:52 AM
My OPINION IS THAT he had along career and was a good player for a long time but to me two things stand out is 1- the true legends don't get charged with Murder if my memory serves me right he took a plea to a lesser charge an innocent man doesn't plead and 2 true legends don't hang around 5 years too long. Many people give Ben **** for what that college student alleged but he was never charged LEWIS WAS!!!!!

Clevelandsux
01-06-2013, 02:02 PM
I agree. Tired of people paying homage to this guy. He's a thug. Great football player, yes. But so was o.j. Not a great person. Greatest lb of all time? Hardly. I would take LT over ray ray.

LevonKirkland99
01-06-2013, 04:19 PM
He sure is playing well against the Colts for a guy with a torn biceps