PDA

View Full Version : Haley Haters

scudmissile29
01-02-2013, 11:59 AM
Seriously, **** you guys.

You guys complain at ****ing every opportunity. After one ****ING year.

Ben was having a great season before he was injured and the offense was doing above average.

Injuries happen, so etc etc, the offense turned bad as Ben was injured and banged up.

I bet u ****ing idiots wanted Arians gone as well, and now look, he's probably gone and won coach of the year.

I hate ****ing fans like this, want coaches gone after one year. It was never going to be a smooth ride during its rookie year.

steelchamp204
01-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Good for you flame, you can carry on my torch along with a few others in here to keep the argument going. Im tired of arguing with idiots about this situation.

LatrobePA
01-02-2013, 12:05 PM
I wish you'd tell us how you really feel! lol

You're right the offense was headed in the right direction until Ben got hurt. Then it was never the same!

Crash
01-02-2013, 12:19 PM
Again, for those who missed it:

1st year OC Mularkey: 13-3 AFC title game.

1st year OC Whiz: 15-1 AFC title game.

1st year OC Arians: 10-6 AFC North winners

1st year OC Haley: 8-8, 3rd place.

You don't understand, the things that hurt Haley the most were of his own doing.

That's what happens when he's ownership's puppet.

He KNOWS what they NEED to do.

He'd rather be Art II's man-slave instead.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Again, for those who missed it:

You don't understand, the things that hurt Haley the most were of his own doing.

That's what happens when he's ownership's puppet.

He KNOWS what they NEED to do.

He'd rather be Art II's man-slave instead.

:lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2013, 12:29 PM

Ben was having a great season before he was injured and the offense was doing above average.

Injuries happen, so etc etc, the offense turned bad as Ben was injured and banged up.

I bet u ****ing idiots wanted Arians gone as well, and now look, he's probably gone and won coach of the year.

I hate ****ing fans like this, want coaches gone after one year. It was never going to be a smooth ride during its rookie year.

Like you have room to talk when it comes to bitching about things....I don't care about people bitching is their right as a fan......But don't flame people about bitching when you do the samething.....lol

I went back and forth with Bruce but overall I liked Bruce but it was time for him to go since he was the whipping boy for all things wrong with the Steelers offense....Even though execution by the players and **** poor play by the OL and injuries really hindered the offense under BA......Those things also effected Haley's offense this year but overall I was more impressed with BA's offense then Haley's offense....Todd Haley isn't going anywhere so I'm done bitching but I do hope he does change some things next year.......

Crash
01-02-2013, 12:33 PM
BA had one weakness:

1st down, here come the backup tight ends, 2 yard run.

2nd and 8, here comes the #3-#4 WRs, pass.

He tipped too many plays off based on formation. That was the ONLY issue I had with him.

The REAL issue BA had with fans, media, and ownership, was he was the fall guy for LeBeau's 4th quarter bullshit in 2009.

And he never could get people and his owner to admit it.

Only in Pittsburgh can a defense give up a 90 yard drive to Joe Flacco, and 316 yards to Tim Tebow, and the OC was the only one to get fired.

They both should have went, or both retained.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2013, 12:38 PM
Just put this into perspective the Steelers do need a tall/physical beast WR......Megatron had 40 catches of 20+ yards this year........Miller, Sanders, Brown, Wallace had 41 combined.....lol

Crash
01-02-2013, 12:39 PM
We don't throw deep anymore. If we had Megatron Haley would turn him into Courney Hawkins like he did to Mike Wallace.

LatrobePA
01-02-2013, 12:43 PM
I want Plax back!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-02-2013, 12:45 PM
Arians was a big reason that Ben developed into the type of QB that he is today, I give BA credit for that. Arians became entirely too predictable and ready to pass all the time rather than run consistently. He talked about Mendenhall being the work horse but Mendy wasn't up for the challenge, the OL couldn't stay healthy enough to block anyone so rather than use more Redman to try and balance things out he'd stick with a strategy that didn't work.

Haley had something going in the first half of the year but the offense couldn't close out games. The defense couldn't do jack either during that time. Haley isn't going anywhere, Tomlin isn't going to can TH this season. The Rooney's won't let him and he wouldn't put himself in that situation of admitting defeat after just 1 year.

Crash
01-02-2013, 12:46 PM
Ben wants Plax back.

Which means he won't be.

We had a big game against the Bengals and Plax didn't even dress.

We needed to have Leonard Pope on the field for the field goal team.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2013, 12:56 PM
I want Plax back!

I want Plax as well but I would rather have the Burress of 2005....lol

Crash, I disagree if Haley had Megatron he wouldn't turn him into Courtney Hawkins.....I have issues with Haley but he isn't that stupid.....lol

LatrobePA
01-02-2013, 12:57 PM

Crash, I disagree if Haley had Megatron he wouldn't turn him into Courtney Hawkins.....I have issues with Haley but he isn't that stupid.....lol

He just seems so damn smooth!

Crash
01-02-2013, 01:00 PM

Mike Wallace is one of the league's premier deep threats.

On 3rd and 8 from the Bengals 40 with our season on the line Haley had him running a 5 yard stop route, and backup tight end teacher's pet David "4 catches all year" Paulson was sent running deep.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2013, 01:01 PM
He just seems so damn smooth!

I just can't see Burress as a starter at this point....I want him back but I see him as a situational WR at this point (especially in the red zone)..............

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2013, 01:03 PM

On 3rd and 8 from the Bengals 40 with our season on the line Haley had him running a 5 yard stop route, and backup tight end teacher's pet David "4 catches all year" Paulson was sent running deep.

You don't have to educate me on Mike Wallace....I know Wallace is one of the premier deep threats in the NFL but he still isn't Calvin Johnson.......I have issues with Haley myself but he isn't dumb to the point he would ruin Calvin Johnson.....

NeilPatrickBanana
01-02-2013, 01:05 PM

I love posts that illustrate how little you know about football

Crash
01-02-2013, 01:05 PM
He ruined Wallace. Why not Megatron?

The Steelers will NEVER make the playoffs with Todd Haley as their OC. He can't keep his fingers out of the pie, he needs to be a good waiter and let the pastry chef cook it.

Crash
01-02-2013, 01:07 PM
I love posts that illustrate how little you know about football

What sense did it make to have Wallace run 5 yards and stop on their biggest play of the season on 3rd and 8?

If anything you send him deep and clear out the underneath stuff.

You know, like when Arians did to beat the Lions on the last play of the game needing a TD?

LatrobePA
01-02-2013, 01:07 PM

The Steelers will NEVER make the playoffs with Todd Haley as their OC. He can't keep his fingers out of the pie, he needs to be a good waiter and let the pastry chef cook it.

Bruce, shouldn't you be preparing for the Ravens instead of posting out here?

Black@Gold Forever32
01-02-2013, 01:10 PM

It would be pretty hard for a coach to ruin a special talent like Calvin Johnson.....Mike Wallace who I do like very much isn't in Megatron's class and never will be.......Calvin Johnson is the type of player that you run any scheme with........

Zachintosh66
01-02-2013, 01:20 PM
Anti-haley is getting old... we get it already... but hes not going any where. So save your breath.

maybe its time to start scouting new boards...

NeilPatrickBanana
01-02-2013, 01:24 PM
What sense did it make to have Wallace run 5 yards and stop on their biggest play of the season on 3rd and 8?

If anything you send him deep and clear out the underneath stuff.

You know, like when Arians did to beat the Lions on the last play of the game needing a TD?

The Bengals showed cover 0, and before the snap dropped into a typical cover 2 allignment, with man press coverage on the WRs. Running wallace deep would've simply run him into double coverage.

Had Ben recognized the coverage, he would've/should've hot routed the inside WR, or the TE into the soft zone in the middle of the field.

Even without the audible, the play is designed to allow Wallace to catch the ball in space and beat his man. Wallace, however, is terrible at beating a jam and gets eaten up for 4 yards effectively removing him from the play.

The Paulson route is not really "deep". It's a simple TE Corner, and based on the pre-snap coverage, Ben should've diagnosed this option to be his first read.

The only "fault" in the playcall, is that it expects blitz and doesn't get it. However, it's the QBs job to make that diagnosis and either audible or get a hot call in before the snap. When the Bengals front shows cover 0, the playcall is good. Either Paulson is going to be Wide Open, or you expect one of your 2 WRs to be able to beat single/press.

Ben had 7 seconds after Cinci dropped their cover 0 front and went into a press cover 2 shell. The Field General didn't get the job done.

Rhyno
01-02-2013, 01:35 PM
Anti-haley is getting old... we get it already... but hes not going any where. So save your breath.

maybe its time to start scouting new boards...

But he has so many more threads to ruin by saying the same stupid **** over and over and over.

jpele
01-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Bruce, shouldn't you be preparing for the Ravens instead of posting out here?

My bad, I thought crash was BA's child.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Crash
01-02-2013, 02:28 PM
The Bengals showed cover 0, and before the snap dropped into a typical cover 2 allignment, with man press coverage on the WRs. Running wallace deep would've simply run him into double coverage.

Good. Give Brown and Sanders more room to work. If Wallace runs deep who knows, maybe they grab him and he draws 5 yards and a flag.

Having him run a 5 yard route on 3rd and 8 was pointless.

And that's the reason he's not coming back, and why no legitimate free agent WR will sign here for big money.

scudmissile29
01-02-2013, 03:07 PM
I wish you'd tell us how you really feel! lol

You're right the offense was headed in the right direction until Ben got hurt. Then it was never the same!

LOL I'd get banned if I did ? LOL!

NeilPatrickBanana
01-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Good. Give Brown and Sanders more room to work. If Wallace runs deep who knows, maybe they grab him and he draws 5 yards and a flag.

And that's the reason he's not coming back, and why no legitimate free agent WR will sign here for big money.

it's like you are proud of wearing the dunce cap

Nolrog
01-02-2013, 03:32 PM

Exactly which part of the OL injuries and Wallace's hold out were of his own doing? Your hatred of Haley and comical Rooney references have blinded you to any and all objectivity.

Nolrog
01-02-2013, 03:39 PM

Having him run a 5 yard route on 3rd and 8 was pointless. .

You can't run Wallace deep every single play. At some point, he needs to beat his man underneath and make a play. Just like a real WR does.

Crash
01-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Wallace's hold out didn't cause Todd Haley to run twice from the Bengals 32 in week 16.

Wallace's holdout didn't cause Todd Haley to feature recently benched and then suspended Rashard Mendenhall 3 times in a row (after another WR screen the Bengals snuffed out) in the 4th quarter with 3 minutes to play.

Wallace's holdout didn't cause Todd Haley to run twice from the Dallas 50 to start the second half.

And as hard as it is to believe? Mike Wallace's holdout doesn't cause the Steelers running backs to line up 8 1/2 yards behind the line of scrimmage on most running plays, including 2nd and 3rd and 1's.

OL injuries? Arians had them also. He was fired.

Hold the local boy to the same standard.

Zachintosh66
01-02-2013, 03:42 PM
You can't run Wallace deep every single play. At some point, he needs to beat his man underneath and make a play. Just like a real WR does.

and catch the ball (wallace diss) when doing so... and hold on to it after catching it (Sanders and AB diss)

Crash
01-02-2013, 03:43 PM

He ran 5 yards and STOPPED! He was a friggin' DECOY! The biggest play of the season and AB was the primary read and a TE with 4 catches all year was option #2.

That's just idiocy. That's just trying to be cute.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-02-2013, 03:58 PM
Wallace's hold out didn't cause Todd Haley to run twice from the Bengals 32 in week 16.

Wallace's holdout didn't cause Todd Haley to feature recently benched and then suspended Rashard Mendenhall 3 times in a row (after another WR screen the Bengals snuffed out) in the 4th quarter with 3 minutes to play.

Wallace's holdout didn't cause Todd Haley to run twice from the Dallas 50 to start the second half.

And as hard as it is to believe? Mike Wallace's holdout doesn't cause the Steelers running backs to line up 8 1/2 yards behind the line of scrimmage on most running plays, including 2nd and 3rd and 1's.

OL injuries? Arians had them also. He was fired.

Hold the local boy to the same standard.

broken record

NeilPatrickBanana
01-02-2013, 04:02 PM
He ran 5 yards and STOPPED! He was a friggin' DECOY! The biggest play of the season and AB was the primary read and a TE with 4 catches all year was option #2.

That's just idiocy. That's just trying to be cute.

Wallace was the primary read.

ironically, calling for him to go deep would've made him a decoy.

Crash
01-02-2013, 04:26 PM
No, he wasn't, Brown was.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-02-2013, 04:30 PM
No, he wasn't, Brown was.

How did you come to that conclusion? You've demonstrated that you don't know much about football, so I'm just curious if you use a magic 8 ball?

Zachintosh66
01-02-2013, 05:54 PM
How did you come to that conclusion? You've demonstrated that you don't know much about football, so I'm just curious if you use a magic 8 ball?

*shake shake shake* Ask Again Later

Omicron
01-02-2013, 08:01 PM

IMO, it is more about not paying the big bucks to one of those FA WR guys vs. them paying attention to the game plan. Don't you think someone like Dwayne Bowe would come here to play? Especially when he would have Ben throwing the ball vs. the carousel they have in KC? It is about the $$.

Just my op.

DRxZOIDBERG
01-02-2013, 10:28 PM
preach!

steelcity73
01-02-2013, 11:05 PM

So do u speak english? Oh wait your name is flame, so I guess your english went up in smoke?

Crash
01-02-2013, 11:10 PM
As did his logic.

Haley is a buffoon. If he wasn't Dick Haley's kid he'd be selling tees in a pro shop.

LatrobePA
01-03-2013, 12:15 AM
Ben is a buffoon! He clearly **** the bed and lost the last two games of the season but lets burn Haley for Ben's terrible decisions! I got ya!

Crash
01-03-2013, 12:31 AM
And the Raiders and Titans game on defense? They don't count?

The two games without Ben they lost when the O scored a robust 17 points in two games?

If anything those two losses should have showed EVERYONE just how bad Haley is.

He'll run the ball all ****ing day with Ben against the Bengals but a 3rd down and 2 down 6 vs. the Ravens and he's throwing fade patterns with the worst touch passer on the roster.

The sad part? Haley's problem is he's doing what Art wants him to do.

If he had any nuts? He should have told Art that this outdated crap he wants on offense does not work anymore.

Real Deal Steel
01-03-2013, 09:39 AM
The Houston Texans would disagree with you Crash. Just saying....

coldrolled
01-03-2013, 10:40 AM

I would say that everything is cyclical... Once the defenses are totally retooled to stop fast high flying offenses, the FB and Rb will be back in full swing smashing the smaller quick defenses. Balance will return.. We are in the passing up swing still. The Broncos, Texans, 49ers have a run game working well for them.

Crash
01-03-2013, 11:18 AM

Did they let Andre Johnson go? And didn't the Texans just **** away home field? Didn't they also get scorched by both Green Bay and New England?

connecticutsteel
01-04-2013, 02:55 AM
WHY IS IT SO HARD TO ACCEPT THAT EVEN THE MIGHTY STEELERS GO 8-8 ONCE IN A WHILE 2012 IS DONE LET'S STEP BACK AND FOCUS ON NEXTYEAR

USMC607
01-04-2013, 03:20 AM
I know its peoples rights as fans to complain. But it seems like every time the steelers do bad its the OC fault... I knew from the beginning it would take more then 1 season for everyone to get in sync with Haleys playbook. You need at least 2 yrs to decide whether or not the OC isn't gonna work not 1 season that shouldnt even count due to all the injuries.

Which leads me to another thing. Haley was not to blame for the team playing individual football and not team football, Haley was not to blame for the lack of focus and discipline that led to dropped passes, fumbled balls, blown routes, etc. Tons of injuries, lack of leadership, lack of caring/motivation, cockiness not confidence, and a me first attitude is what did this team in.

And some of it might fall on haley but most of it falls on tomlin, if there was a lack of leadership after the releases of farrior, smith, etc. then he should of seen it and did something about it.

Nolrog
01-04-2013, 06:37 AM

Now your blaming him for the defensive let downs? What's next? If not for f-ing Haley, we'd have an alternative to oil. If not for f-ing Haley, we'd have peace in the mid-east.

USMC607
01-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Ha, There wouldn't be global warming neither.

Crash
01-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Now your blaming him for the defensive let downs?

WTF are you babbling about? I brought those games up for those who say BEN, and ONLY Ben, ended our season.

Crash
01-04-2013, 05:08 PM
‎"I can tell you that when Pittsburgh got rid of him (Arians), nobody was happy in that locker room, especially Ben (Roethlisberger).

-Matt Spaeth

NOBODY was happy huh? Sounds like more than just a Ben thing, no?

jpele
01-04-2013, 08:28 PM

The two games without Ben they lost when the O scored a robust 17 points in two games?

If anything those two losses should have showed EVERYONE just how bad Haley is.

He'll run the ball all ****ing day with Ben against the Bengals but a 3rd down and 2 down 6 vs. the Ravens and he's throwing fade patterns with the worst touch passer on the roster.

The sad part? Haley's problem is he's doing what Art wants him to do.

If he had any nuts? He should have told Art that this outdated crap he wants on offense does not work anymore.

Have you ever watched a game or are your ramblings things you've heard your father Bruce spew ? Once again the Steelers ran the ball 412 times they passed 574.

Just saying there's dumb then there's crash. You do know that if your QB is injured and can't throw the ball on every down he has to hand it off a few more times a game.

Crash
01-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Have you ever watched a game or are your ramblings things you've heard your father Bruce spew ? Once again the Steelers ran the ball 412 times they passed 574.

Just saying there's dumb then there's crash. You do know that if your QB is injured and can't throw the ball on every down he has to hand it off a few more times a game.

How many were screens? How many were at the end of the halves or games (Btw, we led the NFL in final 2 minute points)? I don't care how many, I care more about HOW we are throwing the football and using our skill.

And we don't. We ended our season because we hired a Rooney ***-kisser who would rather do what ART wants, rather than what needs to be done to win.

Ben's shoulder wasn't an issue. Watch him in regulation in Dallas. That was some of his best football all season.

Something has to change.

It's either Art allows whomever the OC is to run the offense as he sees fit?

Or

Trade Ben and load up on running backs.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-04-2013, 08:39 PM
Hopeless

LevonKirkland99
01-04-2013, 11:06 PM
Hated BA and now Haley...typical Steelers fans? Who do you want as OC?

Black@Gold Forever32
01-04-2013, 11:14 PM
Hated BA and now Haley...typical Steelers fans? Who do you want as OC?

Not all of us hated BA....BA drove me nuts at times but overall I liked him....

LevonKirkland99
01-04-2013, 11:19 PM

I just don't think the Steelers are in the business of changing OC every year!

Crash
01-04-2013, 11:44 PM
They won't now. Art would trade Ben first before he would admit he was wrong.

Even the Noll Era relics know that Art II is ****ing this team up.

3:20 in.....

http://www.post-gazette.com/video/?v=2065786405001

Get7With7
01-04-2013, 11:48 PM

If Arians would have been more creative in the red zone, then it would have been really hard for Art Rooney II to have him ousted. If Haley leaves, then I think the next coordinator has to find a way to take the best of both offenses - using Arians' offense between the 20's, and using Haley's offense in the red zone with a big emphasis on Heath Miller.

Crash
01-04-2013, 11:52 PM
There was nothing wrong with the offense in 2009.

But Art ruined it rather than blame LeBeau like he should have.

And it's been nothing but erratic since.

Get7With7
01-04-2013, 11:59 PM
There was nothing wrong with the offense in 2009.

But Art ruined it rather than blame LeBeau like he should have.

And it's been nothing but erratic since.

There is truth to that.

Everybody brings up the Thursday Night Cleveland game in 2009, when Arians may have called the worst game of his career. But when you look over that entire season, the offense was putting up enough points, and the defense blew it in the 4th quarter. That seems to have been around the time Art II started getting too involved with football operations.

Crash
01-05-2013, 02:11 AM
Yeah everyone blames the Browns game.

Giving away 21 fourth quarter points to one of the NFL's ALL TIME worst offenses somehow gets ignored.

TarlsQtr
01-05-2013, 02:56 PM

Yep, they ran a higher percentage in Arian' s last year than under Haley but Crash ignores the obvious. He will then complain about bubble screens, as if Arians did not run them to Hines about 500 times.

Get7With7
01-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Yep, they ran a higher percentage in Arian' s last year than under Haley but Crash ignores the obvious. He will then complain about bubble screens, as if Arians did not run them to Hines about 500 times.

No one is saying it's okay that Arians called so many bad bubble screens - it's just that we don't expect the next OC to run the same stupid plays.

As for the running game, it actually averaged better yardage under Arians with 4.4 yards/carry. Much of the issues with the running game this season were about predictability. The Steelers would too often stubbornly run up the middle on first and second downs, putting Ben in a 3rd and long situation. They essentially shut down their own running game. The reason teams like the Patriots and Broncos are better is because they aren't as predictable and they run the ball out of no-huddle against tired defenses.

Of course, the big reason the Patriots and Broncos run the ball better is because they let their QBs win the game early and run the ball to finish off the game.

Crash
01-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Of course, the big reason the Patriots and Broncos run the ball better is because they let their QBs win the game early and run the ball to finish off the game.

Like we used to. Then the offense became the scapegoat for LeBeau.

coldrolled
01-07-2013, 06:56 AM

The pastry chef... Ran out of the pocket then turned back and ran into the pocket then got killed by two KC defenders and almost popped an aorta... we go 2-5 after... The pastry chef never throws the ball Out of Bounds to save his life. The Pastry chef ruined two years of Steeler domination because he is stubborn and wont listen.... His cookies are getting crushed....

Crash
01-07-2013, 11:57 AM
And the MINUTE Ben throws the ball away from the pocket on 3rd and 4?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Why won't he scramble?

Why is he playing scared?

Married life has changed him!

Put Charlie in!

Ben got hurt because the ONE READ OPTION, Miller (who started the play in the ^&*( backfield), was covered. His check down, #33, was blocking.

That play-call sucked.

Just like it sucked in Tennessee prior to Suisham's miss.

You had Heath Miller trying to run 8 yards, to gain 4.

And people wonder why it didn't work?

That play hasn't worked for YEARS. And for some reason when the golf coach calls it no one complains.

Yeah "domination". 5-3 before that game ended because our defense gave up three 4th quarter leads in 3 losses.

LatrobePA
01-07-2013, 12:11 PM
The pastry chef... Ran out of the pocket then turned back and ran into the pocket then got killed by two KC defenders and almost popped an aorta... we go 2-5 after... The pastry chef never throws the ball Out of Bounds to save his life. The Pastry chef ruined two years of Steeler domination because he is stubborn and wont listen.... His cookies are getting crushed....

I like this!

DBR96A
01-07-2013, 08:23 PM

The offensive line was good; Jerome Bettis was in his prime, and the defense was dominant.

The offensive line and running game were good, and the defense was dominant.

Willie Parker was in his prime behind the last good offensive line the Steelers had, and the defense was dominant until injuries took their toll late in the season.

Medicore offensive line, medicore RBs, and a defense that partied like it was 2009 early in the season.

I had no idea Todd Haley was also a scout for the team and the strength-and-conditioning coach.

DBR96A
01-07-2013, 08:33 PM

He. Did. Not. Leave. The pocket. On that play. People who think he did have either no eyes or no brains, and I'm embarrassed that they cheer for the same team that I do.

Ben stepped up in the pocket to avoid pressure off the edges. Still nobody got open downfield, and by that time the pocket collapsed and Ben had nowhere to throw it. He could not throw the ball away from the pocket or the offense lose 10 yards for intentional grounding. The sack only cost them three yards. (Look up the goddamn play-by-play if you don't believe me.) Taking the sack was the smart thing to do, which not only flies in the faces of those who hate Ben, but shits in their faces in the process.

By the way, that was the only time he even got sacked that game, so no, he didn't "ask for it."

Stone
01-08-2013, 05:01 PM
I just hope someone gives him a head coaching job and then we wont have to talk about it any more.

Crash
01-08-2013, 06:28 PM
I had no idea Todd Haley was also a scout for the team and the strength-and-conditioning coach.

No but he's the idiot who designs the plays and the formations.

Too many bodies at the LOS. Too much congestion.

That's why you have linemen and Heath getting rolled up and injured.

steelchamp204
01-08-2013, 07:19 PM
No but he's the idiot who designs the plays and the formations.

Too many bodies at the LOS. Too much congestion.

That's why you have linemen and Heath getting rolled up and injured.

Yea, it's called football. You see, you need your linemen to protect the Quarterback, you need the quarterback to throw the football. A running back is optional if you want to run or play action pass. The tight end can be kept in to help block or sent out to run a route.

Crash
01-08-2013, 07:32 PM
Yea, it's called football. You see, you need your linemen to protect the Quarterback, you need the quarterback to throw the football. A running back is optional if you want to run or play action pass. The tight end can be kept in to help block or sent out to run a route.

So spread 'em out. Loosen the congestion at the LOS. Get rid of garbage like Paulson and Johnson and use the skill you have on offense.

JensK
01-08-2013, 07:33 PM
To be fair, Paulson actually had a fairly decent season everything compared.

Goodfrom55
01-08-2013, 07:41 PM
So spread 'em out. Loosen the congestion at the LOS. Get rid of garbage like Paulson and Johnson and use the skill you have on offense.

Ironically enough, that would be the Bruce Arians offense. . .Funny, Arians' system last year with the Steelers was the best in the NFL between the 10's, but the friggin guy couldn't call a meaningful play in down and goal territory. What the Steelers need, and this will come from Haley, is a mix of Arians down the field playbook and Haley's own posession playbook.

Crash
01-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Based on what? He can't block, and he can't get open.

Stole snaps all year from guys who deserved them.

Crash
01-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Ironically enough, that would be the Bruce Arians offense. . .Funny, Arians' system last year with the Steelers was the best in the NFL between the 10's, but the friggin guy couldn't call a meaningful play in down and goal territory. What the Steelers need, and this will come from Haley, is a mix of Arians down the field playbook and Haley's own posession playbook.

Arians was told to run the ball. He did. Too predictable on 1st down in the red zone with the run.

But that's what ownership wanted. Arians was a good soldier. Just like Haley is now.

EVERYTHING we do on offense, is to help preserve the defense.

That has to change.

Goodfrom55
01-08-2013, 07:44 PM
To be fair, Paulson actually had a fairly decent season everything compared.

I sure wish the Steelers kept Saunders in lieu of Paulson. As long Saunders stays out of trouble, which he likely will, will be a b*tch to defend.

Goodfrom55
01-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Arians was told to run the ball. He did. Too predictable on 1st down in the red zone with the run.

But that's what ownership wanted. Arians was a good soldier. Just like Haley is now.

EVERYTHING we do on offense, is to help preserve the defense.

That has to change.

I agree with that. Only flaw in Arians' system was it was not designed to hold a lead and eat up clock.

Crash
01-08-2013, 08:04 PM
I agree with that. Only flaw in Arians' system was it was not designed to hold a lead and eat up clock.

Wrong answer. The flaw was actually the defense going back on the field, and giving up the lead RIGHT AFTER the offense would give it to them.

You can't hold the ball for 15 minutes. At some point the defense MUST go on the field and make plays.

Zachintosh66
01-08-2013, 08:49 PM
this thread is still open *rolls eyes*

Get7With7
01-08-2013, 08:52 PM
I think I've said this before: If Arians' offense was better in the red zone, then regardless of philosophy differences the Steelers would have had a very hard time getting rid of him.

coldrolled
01-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Wrong answer. The flaw was actually the defense going back on the field, and giving up the lead RIGHT AFTER the offense would give it to them.

You can't hold the ball for 15 minutes. At some point the defense MUST go on the field and make plays.

We beat arians in 2002 against the browns in the playoffs, they had a 17 point lead or more and arians kept on passing, steelers win...

coldrolled
01-08-2013, 09:17 PM
I think I've said this before: If Arians' offense was better in the red zone, then regardless of philosophy differences the Steelers would have had a very hard time getting rid of him.

true

Crash
01-08-2013, 10:47 PM
We beat arians in 2002 against the browns in the playoffs, they had a 17 point lead or more and arians kept on passing, steelers win.

They couldn't run, they tried to run, couldn't.

Northcutt dropped a pass, only reason we took the lead.

I think Arians did well enough as our OC to make up for that though. If anything the fact that he was the OC for a FOUR YEAR OLD TEAM that made the playoffs only gives him more credit.

LatrobePA
01-08-2013, 10:50 PM
BA blew that game, he was way too pass happy. He should of been running to clock it!

Crash
01-08-2013, 11:16 PM
They ran 28 times for 38 yards. Why run when you can't?

USMC607
01-08-2013, 11:55 PM
Because you have to try to keep the defense somewhat even if its 1% honest.

If not then they'll just blitz and pass rush the hell out of us, while they have 6 guys in coverage....

Good luck with that..

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2013, 02:35 PM
Well, Haley is interviewing for the Cardinals head coaching job.

Goodfrom55
01-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Well, Haley is interviewing for the Cardinals head coaching job.

Actually he is not interviewing. Was reported on NFL.com today that he has declined the interview because he has found his dream job in Pittsburgh.

So like it or not, Haley's here. Like the players, the coaches must also get better in 2013 and I believe they will - especially Haley.

Goodfrom55
01-09-2013, 03:57 PM
They ran 28 times for 38 yards. Why run when you can't?

Because if you're trying to seal the game, everytime you run the ball, it takes a minimum of 40 seconds off the clock.
Again, 28 for 38 is the epitome of Arians system. Not designed to eat up clock; designed for the quick score.

Crash
01-09-2013, 04:22 PM
Um, well, um, the Steelers were in the top 5 in TOP often during the Arians Era.

Crash
01-09-2013, 04:23 PM
Somebody's lying.

Haley's agent says no interview.

Haley's boss says he is interviewing.

Get7With7
01-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Um, well, um, the Steelers were in the top 5 in TOP often during the Arians Era.

This is something a lot of people don't seem to realize. The Steelers were never lower than 5th in TOP under Arians. In his last year in 2011, the Steelers were 1st in TOP.

Not really relevant though - TOP is no longer king in Goodell era football. Scoring is king.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-09-2013, 04:49 PM
This is something a lot of people don't seem to realize. The Steelers were never lower than 5th in TOP under Arians. In his last year in 2011, the Steelers were 1st in TOP.

Not really relevant though - TOP is no longer king in Goodell era football. Scoring is king.

What was Arian's Red Zone TD ratio?

Goodfrom55
01-09-2013, 04:51 PM

then I just learned something today, thanks.

My only issue with Arians system was the playcalling in the red zone - especially inside the 10. AWFUL.

Crash
01-09-2013, 04:58 PM
He did what ownership wanted. Run the ball.

Get7With7
01-09-2013, 05:04 PM
then I just learned something today, thanks.

My only issue with Arians system was the playcalling in the red zone - especially inside the 10. AWFUL.

And that's perhaps what Art Rooney II should have left alone. Under Arians, the Steelers always racked up a ton of yards, but they didn't have the points to show for it because they were kicking field goals. The emphasis last off-season should have been on red zone efficiency.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-09-2013, 05:09 PM
He did what ownership wanted. Run the ball.

This belief is beyond the pale dumb

"Scoring TDs is important, but we prefer you do it by running the ball" said, NO ONE... EVER

Real Deal Steel
01-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Actually he is not interviewing. Was reported on NFL.com today that he has declined the interview because he has found his dream job in Pittsburgh.

So like it or not, Haley's here. Like the players, the coaches must also get better in 2013 and I believe they will - especially Haley.

Nope...this has been updated. Haley IS interviewing..and he's doing it today! Per Rotoworld.com

Updating an earlier item, Steelers OC Todd Haley will interview for the Cardinals' head-coaching vacancy on Wednesday.
NFL.com reported earlier Wednesday that Haley had passed up on the opportunity to interview with his former team, but sources both in Pittsburgh and Arizona are reporting he's meeting with the Cardinals. Haley is thought to be in love with his job in Pittsburgh, but the Cardinals could make a strong push for a known commodity.

Big T
01-09-2013, 06:12 PM
@EdBouchette: #Steelers President Art Rooney confirms that Haley is interviewing for #Cardinals job.

Goodfrom55
01-09-2013, 06:15 PM
I have to stop asking the magic 8-ball for Steelers news and updates.

Crash
01-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Of course Haley loves the Steelers job. He's waiting for Art to fire Tomlin so his Daddy can call in another favor.

SuperSteelers
01-09-2013, 11:26 PM
Haley will be known as the one hit blunder in Pittsburgh.

DBR96A
01-10-2013, 07:21 AM
This season, Ben Roethlisberger threw 26 TD passes in 12-and-a-half games. That's five TD passes more than he threw in 15 games in 2011, nine TD passes more than he threw in 12 games in 2010, an identical number of TD passes that he threw in 15 games in 2009, and nine TD passes more than he threw in 16 games in 2008. Oh yeah, and if you divide 15 by 12-and-a-half (assuming Roethlisberger misses one game), and then multiply the quotient by 26, then you get a number that rounds to 31, which is one fewer TD pass than he threw in 15 games in 2007.

All I need to know about Bruce Arians is that the passing game was most productive during his first season as the offensive coordinator, and that Roethlisberger's career TD percentage declined from 5.8% at the end of the 2007 season to 5.0% at the end of the 2011 season. His TD percentage this season? 5.8%. And that's with a markedly inferior offensive line and running game compared to what he had during his first four seasons in the league. And I'm supposed to believe that Todd Haley's system isn't going to work?

Stone
01-10-2013, 08:22 AM
I wonder if we all sent money to the Cardinals, if it would make the offer sweet enough?

A couple fallacies I hear about Haley:

1. Offensive genius..............And I'm the pope! No gadget plays that worked....no "unique" plays that worked.....****-poor timing of run versus pass calls.
2. He needs more than one year to get his system to work......he has been an OC his entire adult life, he should not need more time to call some plays that use the talent on the field and provide a little bit of mystery for the defense.

Real Deal Steel
01-10-2013, 10:36 AM
I was listening to Clark Judge on CBSsports.com and he said that he knows personally that Ben and Haley have a rif between them. But he also said that he sides with Haley because all Haley is trying to do is get the ball out of Ben's hands as fast as possible to cut down on the injuries to Ben.

He also said that Haley has harped on Ben to throw the ball away after he checks down to the third read. It's hard for me to hate Haley for wanting to keep Ben upright.

I think Ben does have to change the way he plays as he gets older. He needs to learn to throw the timing passes more. He can't keep taking the punishment he's taken the last two years much longer.

Ben needs to come to camp, COMMIT TO THE PLAYBOOK AND HOW THE PLAY IS INITIALLY DESIGNED and execute. Everyone will follow his lead if he does that.

Real Deal Steel
01-10-2013, 10:37 AM
This season, Ben Roethlisberger threw 26 TD passes in 12-and-a-half games. That's five TD passes more than he threw in 15 games in 2011, nine TD passes more than he threw in 12 games in 2010, an identical number of TD passes that he threw in 15 games in 2009, and nine TD passes more than he threw in 16 games in 2008. Oh yeah, and if you divide 15 by 12-and-a-half (assuming Roethlisberger misses one game), and then multiply the quotient by 26, then you get a number that rounds to 31, which is one fewer TD pass than he threw in 15 games in 2007.

All I need to know about Bruce Arians is that the passing game was most productive during his first season as the offensive coordinator, and that Roethlisberger's career TD percentage declined from 5.8% at the end of the 2007 season to 5.0% at the end of the 2011 season. His TD percentage this season? 5.8%. And that's with a markedly inferior offensive line and running game compared to what he had during his first four seasons in the league. And I'm supposed to believe that Todd Haley's system isn't going to work?

Pretty good argument being made right here.

Get7With7
01-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Ben isn't a dink-and-dunk QB, and the Steelers WRs are not dink-and-dunk receivers. Trying to change Ben will not work, no matter how much Art II pouts. If the QB and OC can't get on the same page, one of them has to go, and no one cuts a franchise QB over an OC that hasn't won anything.

DBR96A
01-10-2013, 12:19 PM
...Haley has harped on Ben to throw the ball away after he checks down to the third read.

Well so much for Ben supposedly not going through his progressions. I better never again hear anybody make that claim.

Ben isn't a dink-and-dunk QB, and the Steelers WRs are not dink-and-dunk receivers. Trying to change Ben will not work, no matter how much Art II pouts. If the QB and OC can't get on the same page, one of them has to go, and no one cuts a franchise QB over an OC that hasn't won anything.

Unfortunately, the offense has to be "dink and dunk" until the offensive line grows some balls. Once that happens, Haley's offense will reach its full potential, with enough short passes to keep Ben upright, and enough long passes to keep him happy.

Crash
01-10-2013, 01:09 PM
I was listening to Clark Judge on CBSsports.com and he said that he knows personally that Ben and Haley have a rif between them. But he also said that he sides with Haley because all Haley is trying to do is get the ball out of Ben's hands as fast as possible to cut down on the injuries to Ben.

He also said that Haley has harped on Ben to throw the ball away after he checks down to the third read. It's hard for me to hate Haley for wanting to keep Ben upright.

I think Ben does have to change the way he plays as he gets older. He needs to learn to throw the timing passes more. He can't keep taking the punishment he's taken the last two years much longer.

Ben needs to come to camp, COMMIT TO THE PLAYBOOK AND HOW THE PLAY IS INITIALLY DESIGNED and execute. Everyone will follow his lead if he does that.

That's the issue though.

Haley's play designs suck.

From the run game, as well as the passing game.

Ben threw short plenty with Arians.

The difference was Arians also took his shots down field.

Crash
01-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel
...Haley has harped on Ben to throw the ball away after he checks down to the third read.

And the minute he starts doing this? Fans bitch for Charlie.

Crash
01-10-2013, 01:13 PM
Define rift though? If Haley wants to throw short, and Ben wants to throw down a tad more that's a rift, no?

Not a big deal though.

Ben and Haley went out to dinner prior to the Dallas game according to Dulac.

Funny how the national "experts" missed that one as well.

scudmissile29
01-10-2013, 01:18 PM
people who hate on haley need to hang themselves and their famillies.

can't believe this **** has gone on for 12 pages, so many ****ing stupid idiots in this world.

Jillsguy1213
01-10-2013, 02:43 PM
I think it's easy to hate or dislike a lot of people who have been part of the Steelers' organization this year. Having said that, should he go? Why did he come in the first place? He has not accomplished much in his coaching career elsewhere-maybe folks here thought perhaps the air quality here would somehow improve his know-how
Personally, Art II and Tomlin need to be elsewhere. That's why Dad came back from his Ireland duties, and that's why My fellow Pittsburghers should acknowledge that Tomlin took Cowher built teams to the Super bowl. What, if anything, has he brought to the Steelers other than jive players. "If you be one of hims boys, then you kin play. Know what I'm sayin'?!?!?"

Jillsguy1213
01-10-2013, 02:46 PM
I wish Haley well, but my opinion of him is like having a Marty Schotenheimer around-wonderful man, but not a wonderful coach.

Real Deal Steel
01-10-2013, 04:00 PM
I'm hoping Haley is back for another season. I think they can find middle ground to be successful.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-10-2013, 04:05 PM
If Haley is back then I'm ok with it but if he leaves to be a HC then I won't be sad either...lol

TarlsQtr
01-10-2013, 04:33 PM
If Haley is back then I'm ok with it but if he leaves to be a HC then I won't be sad either...lol

My feelings exactly.

Goodfrom55
01-10-2013, 05:30 PM
if Haley does not return, whoever the go with , whether it is Kirby WIlson or Randy Fitchner, they had better hit the ground running. A system with a little from Arians playbook and a little from Haley's playbook would be ideal.

I for one think if Haley does return, Steelers offense will be top 10. Why? Because as players evlove, so do coaches.

Crash
01-10-2013, 05:46 PM
The offense will never be top 10 unless they force 30 turnovers if they insist on trying to play 1975 football.

Simply isn't possible.

LatrobePA
01-10-2013, 07:27 PM
No Haley?? Better let Ben hire the next OC so we don't have to hear any crybaby whining ****!!

USMC607
01-10-2013, 07:45 PM
3 different ocords in 3 yrs would suck.... no consistency

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Crash
01-10-2013, 08:11 PM
No Haley?? Better let Ben hire the next OC so we don't have to hear any crybaby whining ****!!

You mean like when they hired John Elway's friends in the last 6 years of his career?

How'd that turn out?

It only put him in Canton, and put 2 rings on his fingers.

LatrobePA
01-10-2013, 08:17 PM
You mean like when they hired John Elway's friends in the last 6 years of his career?

How'd that turn out?

It only put him in Canton, and put 2 rings on his fingers.

Get on the phone and make it happen slappy... FYI: Ben all ready has two rings! lol

Crash
01-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Get on the phone and make it happen slappy... FYI: Ben all ready has two rings! lol

So make it four then.

A QB having an OC that he close to and comfortable with isn't a foreign concept.

Mularkey only got promoted because Kordell liked him.

LatrobePA
01-10-2013, 08:30 PM
So make it four then.

A QB having an OC that he close to and comfortable with isn't a foreign concept.

Mularkey only got promoted because Kordell liked him.

They have to be on the same page. Ben vs Haley didn't work well this year.

Crash
01-10-2013, 10:41 PM
They have to be on the same page. Ben vs Haley didn't work well this year.

But WHY didn't it work? Because Haley shoved the run game down everyone's throat like Art wanted.

ART is the problem here. Not Haley if he's only following orders.

Crash
01-15-2013, 12:42 AM
Of course Haley priced himself out of the Arizona job. He wants Tomlin's. #Daddycallsinanotherfavor

USMC607
01-15-2013, 01:47 AM
But WHY didn't it work? Because Haley shoved the run game down everyone's throat like Art wanted.

I agree with this. Art II was very clear that he wanted the steelers to run the ball, and i think Haley was only following orders and did what he was told. Im guessing Art II didnt expect the **** show that showed itself on the field this yr.

But thats why im glad Dan's back. Art II feels like he may too involved as an Owner. Let the FO personnel and coaches you hired do what they were hired to do, and you as an owner do what you do, sign the paychecks only stepping in if you really have to.

We dont need a Jerry Jones Jr running around. Although i doubt Art II would get that bad. :crossfingers:

DBR96A
01-15-2013, 04:24 AM
Of course Haley priced himself out of the Arizona job. He wants Tomlin's. #Daddycallsinanotherfavor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eXIOK2vOhM

Get7With7
01-15-2013, 10:08 AM
ProFootballTalk is reporting that the Chargers are likely to hire Mike McCoy as their head coach later today. That might narrow down Arizona's choices to meeting Haley's demands or promoting Horton.

Crash
01-15-2013, 10:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eXIOK2vOhM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

You watch. If Art ever fires Tomlin, and Haley's still on staff? He'll be the next head coach.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-15-2013, 10:49 AM

BEFORE INJURY
Game 1 Den : 40 Pass / 26 Rush / Loss
Game 2 NYJ : 31 Pass / 28 Rush / Win
Game 3 Oak : 49 Pass / 20 Rush / Loss
Game 4 Phi : 38 Pass / 30 Rush / Win
Game 5 Ten : 40 Pass / 22 Rush / Loss
Game 6 Cin : 37 Pass / 29 Rush / Win
Game 7 Was : 33 Pass / 27 Rush / Win
Game 8 NYG : 30 Pass / 33 Rush / Win
DURING INJURY
Game 9 KC : 32 Pass / 29 Rush / Win (Ben/Leftwich)
Game 10 Bal : 39 Pass / 27 Rush / Loss (Leftwich)
Game 11 Cle : 34 Pass / 20 Rush / Loss (Batch)
Game 12 Bal : 37 Pass / 27 Rush / Win (Batch)
POST INJURY
Game 13 SD : 42 Pass / 17 Rush / Loss
Game 14 Dal : 40 Pass / 17 Rush / Loss
Game 15 Cin : 28 Pass / 31 Rush / Loss
Game 16 Cle : 23 Pass / 28 Rush / Win

If you take out the QB scrambles, add in sacks.... you end up with a team that called pass plays OVER 60 % of the time, and called running plays less than 40% of the time.

That's not shoving the Running game down anyone's throat.

Crash
01-15-2013, 10:51 AM
How many were WR screens? How many were at the end of halves or games when passing was a MUST?

Context people. Not stat sheets.

coldrolled
01-15-2013, 10:55 AM
Stats basically show we won the games were we passed and ran 55-45%

We lost the 60% pass and over

Crash your ramming the run story is stuck on game 15.. the only game we lost and actually ran more..
But after the KC game we were done anyway. We have no real backup at QB and Ben should not have played till the first playoff game. we need a quality backup qb..

NeilPatrickBanana
01-15-2013, 10:57 AM
Pittsburgh was 12th in the NFL in passing as a percentage of plays called
Pittsburgh was 21st in the NFL in rushing as a percentage of plays called

NeilPatrickBanana
01-15-2013, 10:59 AM
How many were WR screens? How many were at the end of halves or games when passing was a MUST?

Context people. Not stat sheets.

ignoring facts, doesn't make them go away.

you have 3 series that you repeat over... and over...
you were too lazy to do any research
and your to delusional to accept the bigger picture

the myth you've been ranting on has been exposed over and over and over

quick... go to your fall back, reference those 3 series in the dal and cinci games

NeilPatrickBanana
01-15-2013, 11:02 AM
- the steelers were hardly ever playing from far behind (SD only), so the pass ratio is not a reflection of "playing catch up"
- WR screens are not running plays, and therefor do not fit the "Art wants to run the ball" myth being espoused by Captain Clueless.

Ignored is the fact that our franchise QB missed 3.5 games... and even in those CLOSE games we had an IDENTICAL pass to run ratio... one would expect if the "word from up top" was to run the ball at all costs, these would be the games that we would surely see that ratio. alas, we did not... because Captain Clueless has simply made up a nonexistent world for his delusions to exist

want to check back in on planet earth? here's the reality... in football, teams run the ball on 1st and 2nd down sometimes.... HOLY ****!!! Who would've thunk it.

If you are 20th in the NFL in Run ratio... the run game is not being shoved down anyone's throat... not by the coaching staff, and not by ownership

good grief you're retarded

NeilPatrickBanana
01-15-2013, 11:14 AM
as a percent of plays called... we threw the ball more than New England, NY Giants, Green Bay and Denver

The only playoff team that ran more passing plays as a percent of their offense, was Atlanta

NeilPatrickBanana
01-15-2013, 11:15 AM
This "Haley/Rooney/Playcalling" myth can end now

Only a moron would put any stock in it

Crash
01-15-2013, 11:37 AM
ignoring facts, doesn't make them go away.

You are 100% right.

We turned Ben Roethlisberger into Trent Dilfer.

We turned Mike Wallace into Courtney Hawkins.

The season was on the line against the Bengals and we put the game in Jonathan Dwyer and Rashard Mendenhall's hands.

8-8.

It's really this simple: Either the spoiled brat owner who was given a team by his Daddy can allow his (and not the Head Coach's) hand picked OC to use the talent on this team the right way, or he can trade that talent, load up on picks, and start over.

Period.

You can't handcuff an entire offense because Art Rooney II wants to be Jerry Jones. And if he continues to do so? Expect more of the same.

Get7With7
01-15-2013, 11:48 AM
- the steelers were hardly ever playing from far behind (SD only), so the pass ratio is not a reflection of "playing catch up"
- WR screens are not running plays, and therefor do not fit the "Art wants to run the ball" myth being espoused by Captain Clueless.

Ignored is the fact that our franchise QB missed 3.5 games... and even in those CLOSE games we had an IDENTICAL pass to run ratio... one would expect if the "word from up top" was to run the ball at all costs, these would be the games that we would surely see that ratio. alas, we did not... because Captain Clueless has simply made up a nonexistent world for his delusions to exist

want to check back in on planet earth? here's the reality... in football, teams run the ball on 1st and 2nd down sometimes.... HOLY ****!!! Who would've thunk it.

If you are 20th in the NFL in Run ratio... the run game is not being shoved down anyone's throat... not by the coaching staff, and not by ownership

good grief you're retarded

Because the Steelers shut down their own running game by predictably running up the middle on 1st and 2nd downs. Notice how other teams mix it up and use more no huddle than the Steelers?

And no, the stats don't matter. Bubble screens count as throws and the Steelers had to throw more at the end of the half to try and score. Run/pass ratio has no stock anymore.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-15-2013, 12:02 PM
You are 100% right.

We turned Ben Roethlisberger into Trent Dilfer.

We turned Mike Wallace into Courtney Hawkins.

The season was on the line against the Bengals and we put the game in Jonathan Dwyer and Rashard Mendenhall's hands.

8-8.

It's really this simple: Either the spoiled brat owner who was given a team by his Daddy can allow his (and not the Head Coach's) hand picked OC to use the talent on this team the right way, or he can trade that talent, load up on picks, and start over.

Period.

You can't handcuff an entire offense because Art Rooney II wants to be Jerry Jones. And if he continues to do so? Expect more of the same.

Your comparisons are both terrible and unsubstantiated by anything other than your own delusion. (I believe the statistical comparison was made by another poster since you've regurgitated the Dilfer to Ben comparison before)

You can make a courtney hawkins comparison... if you think 1 TD to 8 TDs is comparable performance

You mean the cinci game in which our QB gave Cinci 10 of their 13 points??? that's the game you are going to blame on the running? lol what a clown

Your myth gets dumber ever time you refer to it

NeilPatrickBanana
01-15-2013, 12:05 PM
Because the Steelers shut down their own running game by predictably running up the middle on 1st and 2nd downs. Notice how other teams mix it up and use more no huddle than the Steelers?

And no, the stats don't matter. Bubble screens count as throws and the Steelers had to throw more at the end of the half to try and score. Run/pass ratio has no stock anymore.

when they don't fit your own stupid preconceived notion

NeilPatrickBanana
01-15-2013, 12:19 PM
Roethlisberger
449 pass attempts in 12.5 games
avg of 36 pass per game
missed 3.5 games
based on average passes per that would be roughly 126 MORE passes on a full 16 game season. This estimate is clearly accurate, since Batch/Leftwich threw 123 passes while Ben was out.

Ben would've thrown in the ballpark of 575 passes this season
That's more than Rodgers (563). slightly less than Peyton (583)

This idea that Ben wasn't allowed to throw the ball
This idea that we were "Forcing the run"
This idea that our Owner is meddling with the playcalling

delusions of stupidity

Crash
01-15-2013, 12:32 PM
7.3 yards per attempt.

The second lowest of his career.

Mike Wallace's yards per catch.

The lowest of his career.

8-8.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-15-2013, 12:35 PM
They led the league in third down conversions, were second in time of possession and their scoring was up about a point-and-a-half from the previous season before Ben was injured.

The scoring wasn't good enough.
The run game in the red zone wasn't good enough.
Ben in the red zone wasn't good enough.

But there is no reason to believe those things can't or won't be improved upon in the 2nd year of an offense.

We need to add offensive weapons (WR in the 1st?), we need a RB that can share duties and be a threat to take it to the house (Ellington?).

There is a lot of improvements to be made... and god dammit can we stay moderately healthy please.

But there is nothing wrong with Haley, there is no meddling in the play calling by the owner. We did land on the moon. And Elvis is dead.

Crash
01-15-2013, 12:38 PM
If the Steelers "VALUE" Ben? Wallace stays.

We'll see.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-15-2013, 12:59 PM
7.3 yards per attempt.

The second lowest of his career.

Mike Wallace's yards per catch.

The lowest of his career.

8-8.

- 2nd highest YPA of his career
- Highest completion % of career
- 2nd most yards of career
missed playoffs 8-8

FYI
Ben was on pace to throw the most TDs and the best TD/INT ration of his career in Haley's offense. He was also on pace for the most pass attempts BY FAR in Haley's offense

It's too bad you have such a stubborn opinion... you clearly didn't consult history or facts while coming up with your delusion

NeilPatrickBanana
01-15-2013, 01:02 PM
If the Steelers "VALUE" Ben? Wallace stays.

We'll see.

yea, i guess the Pats didn't value Brady when they got rid of Moss
And jeez, if the Packers let Jennings go, it must mean they don't value Rodgers

LatrobePA
01-15-2013, 01:37 PM
Haley's asking price to be the AZ HC is very steep from what I'm reading. That means he'll be back so we can end this discussion. Wallace doesn't fit what they're trying to do here so they'll let him walk I feel.

Where BA goes is where Wallace will end up.

JensK
01-15-2013, 01:44 PM
Haley's asking price to be the AZ HC is very steep from what I'm reading. That means he'll be back so we can end this discussion. Wallace doesn't fit what they're trying to do here so they'll let him walk I feel.

Where BA goes is where Wallace will end up.

I'm reading that Miami is willing to pay whatever Wallace asks of them. I could see Houston making inquiries as well.

Crash
01-15-2013, 01:49 PM
yea, i guess the Pats didn't value Brady when they got rid of Moss
And jeez, if the Packers let Jennings go, it must mean they don't value Rodgers

The Pats GOT Moss for Brady. Moss played himself off the team when he quit on them.

If Jennings WANTS to stay he will. They'll offer him enough to stay.

LatrobePA
01-15-2013, 01:51 PM
I'm reading that Miami is willing to pay whatever Wallace asks of them. I could see Houston making inquiries as well.

Oh yea there's no doubt a team will pay up for him. And rightfully so he'll make plays I'm sure, just not in this system.

Crash
01-15-2013, 02:01 PM
- 2nd highest YPA of his career
- Highest completion % of career
- 2nd most yards of career
missed playoffs 8-8

Actually they were 9-7.

And they blew 4th quarter leads that year too.

Somehow LeBeau's 4th quarter defense keeps blowing leads, and somehow he keeps his job.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-15-2013, 02:16 PM
The Pats GOT Moss for Brady. Moss played himself off the team when he quit on them.

If Jennings WANTS to stay he will. They'll offer him enough to stay.

Your woefully ignorant of other teams situations if you think Jennings is going to stay. Green Bay doesn't have the cap space to pay him even remotely close to what he's worth. And they've got Matthews and Raji going into the last years of their rookie deals. And Rodgers is currently the most underpaid QB in football with only 2 years left on his ridiculously below market deal. The interesting piece, is all 3 of those guys have the same agent (Dunn).

This complete cluelessness is a staple of your persona... you make **** up in your head, and believe it. Clearly, too lazy to do a moments worth of research.

Matthews current cap 1.75.... will rise to somewhere in the neighborhood of Woodley 12.0 and Ware's 15.0
Rodgers current cap hit is around 11 million today.... will rise somewhere into the 17-22 range in the next few years

Everyone thinks Wallace to Miami makes sense... Jennings makes more sense. He's better, and he knows the system.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Actually they were 9-7.

And they blew 4th quarter leads that year too.

Somehow LeBeau's 4th quarter defense keeps blowing leads, and somehow he keeps his job.

Somehow Ben Roethlisberger blew our playoffs (cinci), and you've found ever other excuse in the book.

Before injury... Ben was having the best year of his career and was passing the ball more than ever. These indisputable facts escape you because your delusion is so blinding

Crash
01-15-2013, 02:26 PM
Somehow Ben Roethlisberger blew our playoffs (cinci), and you've found ever other excuse in the book.

We didn't use Ben in that game. The entire game minus the end of each half was all running game.

If anything, the last minute of that game proves my point.

Try to run all day, and when that fails, it's "Ben save us" in the last 2 minutes.

They had two 1st down plays in the red zone that game. Both runs.

Again, if they want Trent Dilfer football, then go pay someone $3 mil to be Trent Dilfer.

Because this square peg round hold garbage isn't working.

Before injury... Ben was having the best year of his career

No he wasn't. He was better in 2007 and the offense was better as a whole in 2009.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-15-2013, 02:49 PM
We didn't use Ben in that game. The entire game minus the end of each half was all running game.

If anything, the last minute of that game proves my point.

Try to run all day, and when that fails, it's "Ben save us" in the last 2 minutes.

They had two 1st down plays in the red zone that game. Both runs.

Again, if they want Trent Dilfer football, then go pay someone $3 mil to be Trent Dilfer.

Because this square peg round hold garbage isn't working.

right, i've heard your argument about the Cinci game... It was dumb then, it's just as dumb now.

To anyone who knows anything about football, you sound like a 9 year old trying to explain Quantum Mech

No he wasn't. He was better in 2007 and the offense was better as a whole in 2009.

Wait... 2007?
You mean the year they were 5th in the NFL is RUSHING as a percent of plays called
You mean the year they were 28th in the NFL in PASSING as a percent of plays called
That year, our pass/run ration was 50 percent Pass to 50 percent Run
You are so lazy

You mean 2007, the year Ben threw the LEAST amount of passes of any of his last 6 seasons

That 2007? Was Rooney calling the shots then too?

And 2010? Really, when we missed the playoffs?
That year they were ALSO 5th in the NFL is RUSHING as a percent of plays called
You mean the year they were ALSO 28th in the NFL in PASSING as a percent of plays called
53 percent Pass to 47 percent Run

Your delusions don't stack up. This is because you are dumb. And too stubborn to allow facts to inform your opinion. it would help you to not look so dumb

cbrunn
01-15-2013, 03:02 PM
:popcorn:

you guys are entertaining

NeilPatrickBanana
01-15-2013, 03:03 PM
Really, we didn't use Ben in the Cinci game?

- 2nd Series : Ben went no huddle. He called the 2nd down run. He overthrew Wallace deep missing a TD on 3rd down
- 3rd Series : Ben went no huddle. He called the 2nd down run. He threw a pick 6 on 3rd down
- 5th Series : You can complain about running the ball in the red zone, but it was Mendenhalls 20 yd run that got them into the red zone. And as of the 5th series it was the 4th 10+ yard run of the day for the Steelers. And what happened on this series? Ben choked on 3rd and 1.
- 9th series : The only drive Ben looked good on all day. Oh god, they ran on 1st down in the red zone again... that's ok, our franchise QB has 2 downs to get it done (Sack, Incomplete, FG). Ben had a chance to win the game there.
- 10th series : No huddle. Ben Audibled to a run on 3rd and 2. Oops.
- 13th series : Rashard rips a big run to get us just outside FG range. Ben on 3rd down... scrambles for... not enough yards. Oops
- 14th series : Ben throws critical season ending pick

You came away from this game with a singular impression for the entire season. Not only is your viewpoint on the season so far off.... but your impression on this game is ****ed up too.

Crash
01-15-2013, 03:28 PM
Wait... 2007?
You mean the year they were 5th in the NFL is RUSHING as a percent of plays called

The year Ben threw 20 touchdowns in the first half alone.

And 2010? Really, when we missed the playoffs?

Actually we won the AFC in 2010. Pay attention.

In 2009 Ben was solid. Once again 4th quarter leads were lost by the defense.

That year is what started all this. What started Art II meddling.

He blamed the offense that season too, rather than place the blame where it belonged.

13th series : Rashard rips a big run to get us just outside FG range. Ben on 3rd down... scrambles for... not enough yards. Oops

Nice edit. The CORRECT version is:

WR screen, run, run, run ( a two yard loss on 2nd and 6), Ben scramble, miss field goal.

If you want Trent Dilfer Football? Go get Trent Dilfer.

First drive of the half:

Run run pass.

Like I said before, 1st down at the Dallas 50 the week before:

Run run pass.

Eight first or second down plays on those three drives:

7 runs, 1 pass.

Why are we paying Ben $20 million on the cap to hand off?

NeilPatrickBanana
01-15-2013, 03:56 PM
man i just typed a ton of ****.... and lost it.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-15-2013, 04:39 PM
ugh... i can't believe I'm going to type this all again...

The year Ben threw 20 touchdowns in the first half alone.

Nothing you say makes any sense at all. You think Ben was awesome, in a year in which he threw the ball only 400 times. A year in which the team RAN THE BALL more than they threw it. It is a complete contradiction to your argument. Maybe "The Meddler" is pointing to 2007 and saying, "See how good Ben was when we ran the ball more!"

It boggles my mind that you are too dense to even recognize when you are contradicting yourself. I mean, I understand that you want to ignore facts like the 50/50 ratio in 2007. But You're better off ignoring the facts, then attempting to disprove them by posting evidence that you are wrong.

What's even more mind numbingly idiotic, is that you don't even recognize that Ben was BETTER this year, than he was in 2007. He posted a better TD to INT ratio. He threw more passes and for more yards, even though he only played 12.5 games.

Actually we won the AFC in 2010. Pay attention.

You are absolutely correct. my mistake.
I would never selectively quote a reply in an attempt to ignore when someone else is right.

In 2009 Ben was solid. Once again 4th quarter leads were lost by the defense.

Solid? Since when is being solid acceptable?

That year is what started all this. What started Art II meddling.

He blamed the offense that season too, rather than place the blame where it belonged.

yea, the defense sucked it up in 2009. Keep going in a new direction, because your 2012 argument is full of holes. It actually sunk already, you just haven't realized it.

Nice edit. The CORRECT version is:

WR screen, run, run, run ( a two yard loss on 2nd and 6), Ben scramble, miss field goal.

Let's be a little more honest:
- PASS Bum shoulder throw (you still don't recognize Ben was playing injured)
- RUN 12 yard run setting up 10 yards from a win
- RUN 4 yard run, setting up manageable down/distance
- RUN LG Gets blown up losing 2 yards
- PASS Ben scrambles, comes up short. Oops

If you want Trent Dilfer Football? Go get Trent Dilfer.

If you want to be known as the single dumbest person on this board... keep making this comment.

First drive of the half:

Run run pass.

You mean, Run, Run, Sack right?

Like I said before, 1st down at the Dallas 50 the week before:

Run run pass.

This is my favorite, because it shows how truly biased you are. Dallas tied the game midway into the 4th quarter. Here's what REALLY happened after that. Ben had 3 chances to win the game. Here's how it was called. (Remember this is a game you've referred to as proof that Ben wasn't injured, and played a great game)

1ST DRIVE (Post Dallas 4th quarter tie game)
RUN
PASS-COMP
PASS-COMP
PASS-COMP
RUN
PASS-SACK
PUNT

2ND DRIVE
PASS-INC
PASS-COMP
PASS-SACK
PASS-SACK
PASS-COMP-SHORT

3RD DRIVE (OT)
PASS-COMP
PASS-INT-LOSE

Ben had every chance in the world to win that game and failed

Eight first or second down plays on those three drives:

7 runs, 1 pass.

Why are we paying Ben $20 million on the cap to hand off?[/QUOTE]

We are paying him 20 million to win when the game is on the line, something he had a chance to do vs Dallas and Cinci, but failed in incredible fashion (Game losing INTs)

Crash
01-15-2013, 05:09 PM
Nothing you say makes any sense at all. You think Ben was awesome, in a year in which he threw the ball only 400 times.

So 32 TD passes (2nd in the NFL), and 34 TOTAL TDs, in 15 games ISN'T "awesome"?

Solid? Since when is being solid acceptable?

26 TD passes, 28 total TD's in 15 games is more than solid. I was just typing. If I really wanted to brag I would have mentioned that was the same year he broke the teams record for passing completion percentage, and yardage.

This is my favorite, because it shows how truly biased you are. Dallas tied the game midway into the 4th quarter.

That's lovely, but unfortunately that drive at the 50 was when the game was tied on our first drive of the half.

We decide to turtle and play 1975 football, we punt, and then we give up the lead and go down by 7.

Would have been nice to see if we could have gone up 7, considering we did score TDs on our next two drives.

But we couldn't do that. We had to run the ball.

We are paying him 20 million to win when the game is on the line, something he had a chance to do vs Dallas and Cinci, but failed in incredible fashion (Game losing INTs)

Shouldn't have come down to that.

If anything that proves my point, especially the Bengals game. If you aren't going to let him throw from the Bengals 32 on first and second down, and from the Bengals 46 on first and second down, why are you throwing with an alleged bad shoulder QB starting from your own 11 with :44 seconds left in the game?

Wouldn't the smart thing for Judge Smails to do (at home) is kneel on the ball and go to OT?

You can't use Ben's shoulder when it serves your purpose. And then blame BEN for what happens late in games.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-15-2013, 05:43 PM
Your selective quoting has been noted. You are neither intelligent or interested in honest debate.

And I am using Ben's shoulder in the same context. The reason the steelers missed the playoffs was because of Ben's injury, which led to his poor play, which led to losses in critical games

You on the other hand think it's because we ran too much, even though we ran much less than in the years that you praise as Ben's best.

Your a walking contradiction, and you edit your replies to ignore the massive holes in your "theory".

Crash
01-15-2013, 05:49 PM
And I am using Ben's shoulder in the same context. The reason the steelers missed the playoffs was because of Ben's injury, which led to his poor play, which led to losses in critical games

So blowing 4th quarter leads at Denver, Dallas, Tennessee, and Oakland don't count?

Oh that's right, we can't blame the defense can we?

The play-calling sucks. You look at pass attempts. Me? I look at TYPE.

Took the modern day Terry Bradshaw and cut his balls off.

Didn't work.

LatrobePA
01-15-2013, 05:49 PM
Are you guys still pissing?

Crash
01-15-2013, 05:51 PM
Still hope though, McCoy got the Chargers job.

Hopefully Bidwell will give in to Haley's supposed "outrageous" demands.

Real Deal Steel
01-15-2013, 06:19 PM
Well, in the Tenessee game, I know it wasn't Haley when the cornerbacks were giving 10 yard cushions to Damian Williams. Damian Williams?????

And I believe that was the same defensive technique also used in the Raiders game. :rolleyes:

Crash
01-15-2013, 06:31 PM
Well, in the Tenessee game, I know it wasn't Haley when the cornerbacks were giving 10 yard cushions to Damian Williams. Damian Williams?????

And I believe that was the same defensive technique also used in the Raiders game. :rolleyes:

Yep. It's easy to blame Ben when one has an agenda.

The BIGGEST problems are ownership meddling, and scheme on BOTH sides of the ball.

And that doesn't even consider the clown that Amos Jones is.

This staff is in shambles.

strummerfan
01-15-2013, 07:21 PM
Yep. It's easy to blame Ben when one has an agenda.

The BIGGEST problems are ownership meddling, and scheme on BOTH sides of the ball.

And that doesn't even consider the clown that Amos Jones is.

This staff is in shambles.

If you think it's in shambles now wait until next season. We could lose 10 of 22 starters. If so that's going too hurt and hurt bad.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-15-2013, 09:49 PM
So blowing 4th quarter leads at Denver, Dallas, Tennessee, and Oakland don't count?

Oh that's right, we can't blame the defense can we?

The play-calling sucks. You look at pass attempts. Me? I look at TYPE.

Took the modern day Terry Bradshaw and cut his balls off.

Didn't work.

again, you can't even recognize your own hypocrisy. The offensive playcalling was so bad, that we had a 4th quarter lead to blow?

What's also funny, is that Ben had a chance to win all of those games in the 4th quarter. some how you've forgotten that. an yes, im about to sarcastically point out a couple different series from each game, point straight to the playcalling, and pretend like each isolated series i selective choose proves my point

DENVER (After denver took the lead in the 4th quarter
RUN-7 Yds
PASS-INC
PASS-INC
PUNT

Denver extends lead to 6, Ben gets another chance to win the game:
PASS-COMP
PASS-INC
PASS-INT-DEF TD

Failed in a "win the game scenario... even though the play calling was good enough to give you a 4th quarter lead.
40 Pass to 26 run

DALLAS - Post Dallas 4th quarter tie game
1ST DRIVE
RUN
PASS-COMP
PASS-COMP
PASS-COMP
RUN
PASS-SACK
PUNT

2ND DRIVE
PASS-INC
PASS-COMP
PASS-SACK
PASS-SACK
PASS-COMP-SHORT

3RD DRIVE (OT)
PASS-COMP
PASS-INT-LOSE

3 chances to win the game, ultimately threw the game losing INT instead
40 pass to 17 rush

TENNESSEE
after the defense came up with a huge 4th quarter INT setting the offense up at midfield:
PASS-COMP-1st
RUN
PASS-INC
PASS-INC-FG

after TEN tied the game, Ben got the ball back with a chance to win the game:
PASS-COMP
PASS-COMP
RUN
PASS-COMP
PASS-SCRAMBLE
PASS-COMP
RUN
PASS-INC-FG MISS

Had a chance to win the game, ultimately failed to convert on 3rd down, and left the kicker out to dry
40 pass to 22 rush

OAKLAND
Ben threw 4 TDs...the playcalling sure sucked. Although, on the final series, with a chance to ice the game, and a fresh 1st down... Ben went:
- PASS-SACK
- PASS-INC
- PASS-INC - Stopping the clock with 1:43 left

The coaching staff put the game in Ben's hand, and he failed to get a first down.
49 pass to 20 rush

In all 4 games you point to as defensive failures (they were), they also were QB failures, as each game could've been won late in the 4th quarter. You asked what we are paying a QB 20 million to do... well, we are paying him to do exactly what he failed to do in the 4 games you mentioned.

we also called pass plays nearly 70 percent of the time in those 4 games

it's over.

Zachintosh66
01-15-2013, 09:54 PM
how is this thread still open?

Crash
01-15-2013, 11:51 PM
again, you can't even recognize your own hypocrisy. The offensive playcalling was so bad, that we had a 4th quarter lead to blow?

What's also funny, is that Ben had a chance to win all of those games in the 4th quarter. some how you've forgotten that. an yes, im about to sarcastically point out a couple different series from each game, point straight to the playcalling, and pretend like each isolated series i selective choose proves my point

DENVER (After denver took the lead in the 4th quarter
RUN-7 Yds
PASS-INC
PASS-INC
PUNT

Denver extends lead to 6, Ben gets another chance to win the game:
PASS-COMP
PASS-INC
PASS-INT-DEF TD

Failed in a "win the game scenario... even though the play calling was good enough to give you a 4th quarter lead.
40 Pass to 26 run

DALLAS - Post Dallas 4th quarter tie game
1ST DRIVE
RUN
PASS-COMP
PASS-COMP
PASS-COMP
RUN
PASS-SACK
PUNT

2ND DRIVE
PASS-INC
PASS-COMP
PASS-SACK
PASS-SACK
PASS-COMP-SHORT

3RD DRIVE (OT)
PASS-COMP
PASS-INT-LOSE

3 chances to win the game, ultimately threw the game losing INT instead
40 pass to 17 rush

TENNESSEE
after the defense came up with a huge 4th quarter INT setting the offense up at midfield:
PASS-COMP-1st
RUN
PASS-INC
PASS-INC-FG

after TEN tied the game, Ben got the ball back with a chance to win the game:
PASS-COMP
PASS-COMP
RUN
PASS-COMP
PASS-SCRAMBLE
PASS-COMP
RUN
PASS-INC-FG MISS

Had a chance to win the game, ultimately failed to convert on 3rd down, and left the kicker out to dry
40 pass to 22 rush

OAKLAND
Ben threw 4 TDs...the playcalling sure sucked. Although, on the final series, with a chance to ice the game, and a fresh 1st down... Ben went:
- PASS-SACK
- PASS-INC
- PASS-INC - Stopping the clock with 1:43 left

The coaching staff put the game in Ben's hand, and he failed to get a first down.
49 pass to 20 rush

In all 4 games you point to as defensive failures (they were), they also were QB failures, as each game could've been won late in the 4th quarter. You asked what we are paying a QB 20 million to do... well, we are paying him to do exactly what he failed to do in the 4 games you mentioned.

we also called pass plays nearly 70 percent of the time in those 4 games

it's over.

You're logic's been over.

You are charting plays. You aren't looking at the type. Any idiot can do that.

7.3 YPA. 2nd lowest of his career.

8-8.

Crash
01-15-2013, 11:54 PM
In all 4 games you point to as defensive failures (they were), they also were QB failures, as each game could've been won late in the 4th quarter.

Ben had one drive in the 4th quarter in the Oakland game. Sorry, but if 31 points isn't enough? LeBeau has to go.

DBR96A
01-16-2013, 06:37 AM
...Ben had a chance to win all of those games in the 4th quarter.

I can forgive Roethlisberger for the stalled final drive against the Raiders, considering all the defense had to do was stop the Raiders from scoring on one lonely drive in the second half, and they didn't.

You're logic's been over.

You are charting plays. You aren't looking at the type. Any idiot can do that.

7.3 YPA. 2nd lowest of his career.

8-8.

Hey genius, what was Roethlisberger's TD percentage this season compared to the last few? Yeah, OK. You keep bitching and moaning about the coaches (and allegedly the ownership) emphasizing time of possession over scoring, and then you wanna talk about YPA? Hypocrite.

These are the reasons why the Steelers finished 8-8:

1. Ben Roethlisberger missed three-and-a-half games and then tried to play through an injury that medical professionals say takes at least six weeks (http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ycn-8015264) just to heal from, not including the time necessary for an athlete to get back into proper playing condition.

2. Injuries along the offensive line not only disrupted the continuity between linemen, but also tested the depth of the unit. There was not a single game this season during which all five projected starters on the offensive line played together.

3. The RBs proved utterly incapable of carrying the load in Roethlisberger's absence. Rashard Mendenhall hasn't the heart to be a dependable starter; Jonathan Dwyer hasn't the stamina, and Isaac Redman hasn't the physical talent. They single-handedly fumbled the game away in Cleveland too.

4. Opposing defenses began taking away all the short passing routes, and the Steelers couldn't go vertical because Charlie Batch didn't have the arm strength, and neither did Roethlisberger after his injury. Furthermore, the deteriorating offensive line was not going to hold up long enough to run a vertical passing game.

5. Todd Haley was damned if he did and damned if he didn't. Neither of his QBs could go vertical, so defenses continued to crowd the line, taking away the short passing game, and making the already-unimpressive running game even worse. Haley chose to err on the side of protecting the franchise QB, and called more running plays.

Roethlisberger's injury started a domino effect that the Steelers were not able to recover from. It had nothing to do with the front office, and you're a goddamn moron if you think it does.

coldrolled
01-16-2013, 07:49 AM
Roethlisberger's injury started a domino effect that the Steelers were not able to recover from. It had nothing to do with the front office, and you're a goddamn moron if you think it does.

This and the same last year... Ditto.. and Ditto.

We need to keep building a better OL.. Warmack.. and Lacy 1 and 2..

Ben needs to stay clean and it is not happening as it is...

If not available then the best cover ILB out there, speed wise i think Ogletree. Plus hes a junior.. Since we bench warm them all the time. hes younger.. Isnt Dwyer a senior this year?

Real Deal Steel
01-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Our O-line is bilt. It just needs to get better coaching and stay healthy.

Crash
01-16-2013, 10:27 AM
3. The RBs proved utterly incapable of carrying the load in Roethlisberger's absence.

And why was that? Me? I think a BIG part of it was 1. Haley's predictable play-calling with the RBs. 2. His constant rotation of running backs. 3. Where he has the RBs lining up in the backfield.

4. Opposing defenses began taking away all the short passing routes, and the Steelers couldn't go vertical because Charlie Batch didn't have the arm strength, and neither did Roethlisberger after his injury.

Then why was Batch throwing bombs to Mike Wallace with three minutes left in the Browns game? Why was Batch throwing bombs to the end zone to Wallace in Baltimore? Then to Heath Miller in the endzone in the same game?

You aren't making sense. Either Batch, based on what he was doing HAD the arm strength, or Haley's an idiot for having him to do it. You decide.

Ben had the arm strength too. 60 yards to Wallace in Dallas. Another bomb to Brown in the last game.

BEFORE Ben was injured he ranked 28th in the NFL in length per pass.

No, teams took away the short stuff, because they KNEW we weren't going vertical. And that was an issue BEFORE Ben was injured.

Furthermore, the deteriorating offensive line was not going to hold up long enough to run a vertical passing game.

So you roll the pocket, to buy him time. Not every goddamn pass has to be a straight drop.

Arians dealt with OL injuries too. He also dealt with not having Max Starks at all for 4 weeks because he was out of football.

Arians was fired. And his running game, minus 2008 was NEVER this bad despite injuries to RBs as well.

Why is the local golf pro getting a free pass?

LatrobePA
01-16-2013, 10:37 AM
Running Rainey up the gut, really! Haley fell apart late season....

Crash
01-16-2013, 10:46 AM
Exactly. I guess that was because Ben got hurt too.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-16-2013, 11:33 AM
3. Where he has the RBs lining up in the backfield.

^ this guys knows nothing about football or the relationship between blocking schemes and formations

Crash
01-16-2013, 01:20 PM
^ this guys knows nothing about football or the relationship between blocking schemes and formations

26th in the NFL in rushing.

I'd say the blocking scheme and the formations sucked ***.

And he never tried to adjust.

Why? Because Haley's a simpleton.