PDA

View Full Version : Bored Mock

cbrunn
01-01-2013, 01:15 PM
My thought process in this was to get safeties that can Man up and play the slot receiver for their team regularly ... this would help Dick or who ever the DC is to call bump and run man to man blitzes as both safeties can cover ...

Using the Drafttek Mock, and Picking Players that are left or there when we would pick

1st - Kenny Vacarro - FS - Texas

2nd - Zach Ertz - TE - Stanford - Heath recent injury may bump this position up the Need list

3rd - Eddie Lacy - RB - Alabama

4th - Duke Williams - SS - Nevada

5th - Trevardo Williams - OLB - Uconn

ChucktownSteeler
01-01-2013, 03:32 PM
I like 1 and 3.

polamalu43
01-01-2013, 04:23 PM
We got Paulson in round 7..........we won't use a high pick for TE. We have some other needs first.

strummerfan
01-01-2013, 05:36 PM
I like their first two picks a little better(Warmack, Elam).

jpele
01-01-2013, 07:44 PM
We hit the jackpot 2 tears in a row. Last year no one in their right mind thought DeCastro would fall to the Steelers this year Manti T'eo falls to us . Mark it down, you heard it here first.

strummerfan
01-01-2013, 08:13 PM
We hit the jackpot 2 tears in a row. Last year no one in their right mind thought DeCastro would fall to the Steelers this year Manti T'eo falls to us . Mark it down, you heard it here first.

Talk about slow linebackers trying to cover tight ends

cbrunn
01-01-2013, 11:29 PM

I doubt Te'o will fall but anything can happen ...

NeilPatrickBanana
01-02-2013, 01:34 PM
If we go through 3 rounds without drafting a pass rusher or a WR... I'll be completely shocked.

PS Vaccaro doesn't fit your description of the type of safety you want at all (man up, slot)

cbrunn
01-02-2013, 05:45 PM
If we go through 3 rounds without drafting a pass rusher or a WR... I'll be completely shocked.

PS Vaccaro doesn't fit your description of the type of safety you want at all (man up, slot)

OK Mr. Know it all , I'm done arguing with you ... but he does cover the slots / nickle corner ...

but ok

NeilPatrickBanana
01-02-2013, 06:13 PM
OK Mr. Know it all , I'm done arguing with you ... but he does cover the slots / nickle corner ...

but ok

you must be confused by what you see in college ball, and what he'd be capable of at the NFL level. He'd be a good fit in lebeau's system , and I could easily see him in a Troy role here. But if you think he's going to man/press NFL slot WRs, you're mistaken.

He's a zone coverage, playmaker who is pretty terrible in run support, but is a weapon that a defense can disguise in multiple ways.

hmmmm sound familiar? lol

cbrunn
01-02-2013, 09:05 PM
you are right they do run a lot of zone as i was watching the oklahoma state game ....

but what i was saying or ment , was of course not every play he going to man up the slot ... but a couple plays a game i wouldnt feel bad with him or duke williams covering the slot... making the blitz even less recognizable , because they both are capable covering the slot on any giving play (not all game)

Number99
01-02-2013, 11:40 PM
I saw this draft on footballnation similar to drafttek's. i like it a bit better.

1. kenny vaccaro ss
2. alex okafor de/olb
3. eddie lacy rb
4. duke williams fs
5. alex hurst ot
6. devin street wr
7. philip lutzenkirchen te

NeilPatrickBanana
01-02-2013, 11:46 PM
you are right they do run a lot of zone as i was watching the oklahoma state game ....

but what i was saying or ment , was of course not every play he going to man up the slot ... but a couple plays a game i wouldnt feel bad with him or duke williams covering the slot... making the blitz even less recognizable , because they both are capable covering the slot on any giving play (not all game)

I'm growing more and more open to the vaccaro pick... But still hesitant. A safety who doesnt tackle well, or catch the ball well worries me... But his instincts, play recognition, football IQ are so high that he seems worth the risk

cbrunn
01-02-2013, 11:58 PM
I saw this draft on footballnation similar to drafttek's. i like it a bit better.

1. kenny vaccaro ss
2. alex okafor de/olb
3. eddie lacy rb
4. duke williams fs
5. alex hurst ot
6. devin street wr
7. philip lutzenkirchen te

I would be happy with this draft 1-4 are all hits I think ... 5-7 can't really comment on

cbrunn
01-03-2013, 12:01 AM
I'm growing more and more open to the vaccaro pick... But still hesitant. A safety who doesnt tackle well, or catch the ball well worries me... But his instincts, play recognition, football IQ are so high that he seems worth the risk

He has over 100 tackles this year I think ... and he's a big hitter ... but no he's not the best tackler
Catching the ball , lol that's what they usually go for players that can't catch

I'm kind of warming up to the Andrew Jackson in the 2nd if he declares ... I think he would be great beside Timmons

Number99
01-03-2013, 12:09 AM
What kind of picks if any will the Steelers get in Mendy and Wallace sign eslewhere?

cbrunn
01-03-2013, 12:13 AM
What kind of picks if any will the Steelers get in Mendy and Wallace sign eslewhere?

That would be next year ... but they should get some ...

this year they maybe could get a pick for William Gay ... but not to sure how it works really

Number99
01-03-2013, 12:18 AM
Thx. Too bad this would be a good year to get a couple extra middle rd picks.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-03-2013, 02:35 AM
That would be next year ... but they should get some ...

this year they maybe could get a pick for William Gay ... but not to sure how it works really

Compensatory free agents are determined by a formula based on salary, playing time and postseason honors of players lost in free agency against players added in free agency.

In 2012, that average yearly salary bands were something like:
3 - $6.5/$7 million and greater
4 - $5 to $6.5/$7 million
5 - $4 to $5 million
6 - $2.5/2.75 to $4 million
7 - $1 to $2.5/2.75 million

I wouldn't expect much of anything this year. William Gay might be offset by Brandon Johnson/Leonard Pope/Vam Dyke

we either get a 7th, or nothing...

JensK
01-03-2013, 09:30 AM
I like it this draft decently enough, only I still think that 5th round is too late for drafting a LB, unless we pick up someone in free agent.

USMC607
01-04-2013, 03:53 AM
Hello to all just signed up here. Just got out of the USMC and decided to finally join now that i got the time and im back in Pittsburgh.

About the Original Posters Mock, Not Bad at All. I would love for Te'O to fall to us and i have a feeling its possible but i just keep telling myself its not possible.

Anyway. I have 2 mocks the first is if we go Safety in the 1st and one is if we go OLB in the 1st.

SAFETY FIRST
-----------------------------
RD 1 - Matt Elam - SS
RD 2 - Alex Okafor - DE/OLB
RD 3 - Eddie Lacy - RB
RD 4 - Phillip Thomas - FS
RD 5 - Connor Vernon - WR
RD 6 - Michael Mauti - ILB
RD 7 - Colin Klein - QB

OLB FIRST
--------------------------------
RD 1 - Sam Montgomery - DE/OLB
RD 2 - Eric Reid - FS
RD 3 - Eddie Lacy - RB
RD 4 - Duke Williams - SS
RD 7 - Colin Klien - QB

USMC607
01-04-2013, 04:08 AM
Most of these picks made sense to me, and i know there will be a lot of people scratching their head about the Colin Klien pick, and i agree i was on the fence, I know the steelers need a QB but i think theyll sign a cheap viable no.2 QB in FA like a Hoyer. So all i feel theyd be looking for is a #3 QB. Klien intrigues me because although he doesnt have great arm strength hes not a terrible passer, and his scrambling abilities could make him useful. We could use him for trick plays, designed goal line QB runs and things of that nature. I think he would be a decent #3 QB and almost like a utility do everything guy cause he use to play WR too.

cbrunn
01-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Hello to all just signed up here. Just got out of the USMC and decided to finally join now that i got the time and im back in Pittsburgh.

About the Original Posters Mock, Not Bad at All. I would love for Te'O to fall to us and i have a feeling its possible but i just keep telling myself its not possible.

Anyway. I have 2 mocks the first is if we go Safety in the 1st and one is if we go OLB in the 1st.

SAFETY FIRST
-----------------------------
RD 1 - Matt Elam - SS
RD 2 - Alex Okafor - DE/OLB
RD 3 - Eddie Lacy - RB
RD 4 - Phillip Thomas - FS
RD 7 - Colin Klein - QB

OLB FIRST
--------------------------------
RD 1 - Sam Montgomery - DE/OLB
RD 2 - Eric Reid - FS
RD 3 - Eddie Lacy - RB
RD 4 - Duke Williams - SS
RD 7 - Colin Klien - QB

I think Elam at 17 would be a little bit of a reach... but I wouldn't necessarily be mad with the pick
Okafor in the 2nd would be great value
Lacy in the 3rd would be great value
Thomas in the 4th would be the biggest steal of the draft (I think he has a chance to go in the 1st , I don't think there is no way he makes it out of the 2nd)
I would take a chance on Mauti in the 6th

Not to big on Montgomery , haven't watched much film on him yet but this is a huge red flag
http://3432-barstoolu.voxcdn.com/files/2012/12/Screen-Shot-2012-12-29-at-5.21.55-PM.png

I love Duke Williams in the 4th ... Eric Reid and Duke Williams would be a good safety Duo

Number99
01-04-2013, 03:07 PM
I love the pic cbrunn. Was a joke from LSU or something real?

cbrunn
01-04-2013, 10:18 PM
I love the pic cbrunn. Was a joke from LSU or something real?

Don't really know, here is the thread I got it from ... http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55045

polamalu43
01-05-2013, 12:31 AM
Round 1 Robert Woods WR South Cal
Round 2 Kenny Vaccaro FS Texas
Round 3 Sean Porter OLB Texas A&M
Round 4 Ray Graham RB Pitt
Round 5 Marc Anthony CB Cal
Round 6 Joseph Fauria TE UCLA
Round 7 Marcus Lattimore RB South Car.....this would be nice (we should have grabbed Burfict last year at 7)

Call me crazy but I see Woods being a huge offensive problem solver. Montee Ball in Round 3 maybe?

USMC607
01-06-2013, 01:57 AM
The Marcus Lattimore pick is really interesting... If it was our pick in the 7th or even 6th and he was still there i would have no problem with the Steelers pulling the trigger. When healthy he is a stud RB but the problem is his injuries are constant and have been pretty serious. But i think at 6 or 7 its Low Risk/High Reward at that point. Willis McGahee didnt do too bad for himself after that horrific knee injury in the BCS game...

But for some reason i feel someone is gonna jump the gun in the 4-5 to grab him. So well see, but deff 6 or 7 round id snatch him up in a heartbeat and not even blink

USMC607
01-07-2013, 01:45 PM
Wow i am shocked, cause that is the first time ive ever heard or seen that. But if thats the case we deff dont need him on the team. We have enough of that lol.

cbrunn
01-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Wow i am shocked, cause that is the first time ive ever heard or seen that. But if thats the case we deff dont need him on the team. We have enough of that lol.

lol Yeah I don't know if that's like motivation for the players or serious or what ... but either way it's not a good look

USMC607
01-07-2013, 05:23 PM
I wonder if we should trade down to the 20s in the 1st round and add an extra 2nd or something. Cause at 17 unless someone falls i really dont know if i like anyone enough. It could change after the combine but right now i just dk.

coldrolled
01-07-2013, 11:21 PM
I wonder if we should trade down to the 20s in the 1st round and add an extra 2nd or something. Cause at 17 unless someone falls i really dont know if i like anyone enough. It could change after the combine but right now i just dk.

Manti Teo may have fallen a bit tonight...

Lacy may have gained some ground.....

USMC607
01-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Manti Teo may have fallen a bit tonight...

Lacy may have gained some ground.....

Ha lol you beat me to it... I literally just came on here to say the exact same thing.

Te'O deff slid down a bit, i think they said he was tagged with 2 missed tackles all season and he had double that before halftime.

I'd still take him tho if he fell to us.

And im kind of upset cause i was mocking Lacy to us in the 3rd round but with a night like tonight he's deff going in the 2nd round, maybe even the first if there is a team that needs a RB in the late part of the 1st round.

cbrunn
01-08-2013, 12:22 AM
I would of passed on Te'o before this game ... and I'd pass on him after this game

Give me Chance Warmack please ... another top 10 talent in the draft will fall cause guards aren't regarded ... but he is heads and shoulders better than Foster and Colon ...

imagine the holes behind a Gilbert - Warmack - Pouncey - Decastro - Adams ... for years to come ...

coldrolled
01-08-2013, 11:41 AM
I would of passed on Te'o before this game ... and I'd pass on him after this game

Give me Chance Warmack please ... another top 10 talent in the draft will fall cause guards aren't regarded ... but he is heads and shoulders better than Foster and Colon ...

imagine the holes behind a Gilbert - Warmack - Pouncey - Decastro - Adams ... for years to come ...

That is a great idea too. but the holes behind the NT are scarier right now.

cbrunn
01-08-2013, 12:41 PM
That is a great idea too. but the holes behind the NT are scarier right now.

Dwyer would be a beast behind that line ... I still believe in Dwyer unlike a lot of people(in general not you specific) ....

Yes Dwyer had weight issues and coming into camp out of shape, he was a young guy that just came into the NFL, he was only 20 if i'm not mistaken ... he is only 23(regular rookie age) now and finally took off season a little more seriously, now with the starting job his , and that kind of Oline... his blood would be pumping to get into even better shape and take off season more seriously....at least mine would be
now he is not a homerun guy , but he will be a solid running back

USMC607
01-08-2013, 02:26 PM
That oline would be scary. But i just dont see them going for the Oline when everyones focusing on our lack of Pass Rush and everyone saying the reason our Oline sucked was because it was injury plagued.

coldrolled
01-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Dwyer would be a beast behind that line ... I still believe in Dwyer unlike a lot of people(in general not you specific) ....

Yes Dwyer had weight issues and coming into camp out of shape, he was a young guy that just came into the NFL, he was only 20 if i'm not mistaken ... he is only 23(regular rookie age) now and finally took off season a little more seriously, now with the starting job his , and that kind of Oline... his blood would be pumping to get into even better shape and take off season more seriously....at least mine would be
now he is not a homerun guy , but he will be a solid running back

Dwyer will look good behind the current line.... He is the minivan....

Warmack would be a beast.. I would not complain..

I would love to see Warmack and an ILB/OLB in the second

Or

ILB/OLB first and a solid guard in the second.

Our OL does still need some upgrading, i was suprised we didnt bring up Ryan Lee, then the Saints stole him...
He looked very strong in preseason...

Colbert knows best.

coldrolled
01-08-2013, 06:33 PM
NFL Daniel Jeremiah says:

Alabama LG Chance Warmack: Alabama's Warmack-led offensive line was dominant, with the Tide's mauling guard creating huge holes all game long. I'd been impressed with his power when watching him on tape, but I hadn't been enamored with his ability to adjust at the second level. On Monday, he was much better in that department. He took the correct angles when working up to linebackers and showed the ability to lock on and finish in space. He's a difference-maker in the run game.

A few weeks ago, I wrote about Te'o's pro potential, comparing him to former Alabama linebacker DeMeco Ryans. I never put Te'o in the same class as players like Patrick Willis, Jerod Mayo and Jon Beason when they entered the draft.

I don't envision Te'o's stock tumbling quite as dramatically as one might expect after Monday night's poor play. Teams that run a 3-4 defense might be a little concerned about Te'o's inability to use his hands to get off blocks, but that's something that can be taught and improved upon. What this game might prove is that he is best suited to play in a 4-3 scheme, in which opposing offensive guards would be covered up and unable to get a clean run at him.

I'm still certain Te'o will be a first-round draft pick. He will excel during his interviews with individual teams, and his leadership abilities and intelligence will elevate his stock. Everyone has a bad game or two during their career; NFL teams won't overreact to the Monday night massacre.