PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wallace update from Rotoworld

Real Deal Steel
12-31-2012, 12:25 PM
This is from rotoworld.com

Team sources tell the Miami Herald the Dolphins have "every intention" of pursuing impending free agents Mike Wallace and Greg Jennings if they reach the open market.

Zachintosh66
12-31-2012, 12:44 PM
c-ya

City of Champyinz
12-31-2012, 12:47 PM
Id like to see Greg Jennings wearing black and gold

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Crash
12-31-2012, 12:48 PM
NO HIGH PROFILE WR IS GOING TO COME AND PLAY IN THIS OFFENSE.

So until Haley goes? Nothing else matters.

Real Deal Steel
12-31-2012, 01:00 PM
Now I'd sign Greg Jennings over Wallace easily. If they just want to spend big money on that position, I'd choose Jennings.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-31-2012, 01:23 PM

Yea, no WR would want to play in the offense that Larry Fitzgerald had his best season in...

Goodfrom55
12-31-2012, 03:44 PM
Wallace will likely go to the Colts because of BA and Luck. But, he might chase the $$$ and fizzle out in Miami.

Goodfrom55
12-31-2012, 03:44 PM
As posted in another thread, fix the O-Line, the rest of the offense will take care of itself.

steelcity73
12-31-2012, 04:06 PM
Yea, no WR would want to play in the offense that Larry Fitzgerald had his best season in...

Yeah I disagree as well, IMO one yr for Haley isn't fair to start calling for him to be fired. When the Stillerz have back to back crappy seasons then I will start to panic, but for now it's just this team is in a state of flux/transition, IMO.

steelcity73
12-31-2012, 04:12 PM
As posted in another thread, fix the O-Line, the rest of the offense will take care of itself.

I believe you're right about the OL and Mike, not to mention they play indoors at lucas spoils (bunch of pussies), so Mike will have comfort of knowing he can just plant and go. I'm from Evansville IN and I hope he re-signs, but if not chases the $$$. colts fans are the biggest joke of fans, everyone around here has them going to the super bowl, and I guess it could happen, but man I hope they get throttled there first game.

North Steel
12-31-2012, 04:29 PM
I believe you're right about the OL and Mike, not to mention they play indoors at lucas spoils (bunch of pussies), so Mike will have comfort of knowing he can just plant and go. I'm from Evansville IN and I hope he re-signs, but if not chases the $$$. colts fans are the biggest joke of fans, everyone around here has them going to the super bowl, and I guess it could happen, but man I hope they get throttled there first game.

No I don't want them to get throttled there first game because they play the rat birds.piece of **** birds out first then they can tank.

terrible.towel43
12-31-2012, 04:32 PM

So instead you're cheering for the ravens? and you want them to throttle them? Oh boy..

LevonKirkland99
12-31-2012, 04:32 PM
If he goes to Miami, then that would bethe end of his career :). How fitting for Wallace...

bye Wallace...au revoir Wallace. ciao

LevonKirkland99
12-31-2012, 04:34 PM

Hmmm...rooting for the rats???? GO COLTS!!!

Real Deal Steel
12-31-2012, 05:19 PM
I'll never, ever root for the ratbirds. F*ck'em..and the horse they rode in on too.

connecticutsteel
12-31-2012, 05:32 PM
they will most likely franchise him

scudmissile29
12-31-2012, 06:01 PM

shut up

Goodfrom55
12-31-2012, 07:22 PM
they will most likely franchise him

I think the only way they franchise him is if they plan on resigning him. Franchising him will buy them extra time to workout a long term deal. With his down numbers this year and mental toughness called into question, what is he now worth on the open market? And of they do, what does this mean for Sanders future as a Steeler? The guy was pretty productive for a #3 WR.

LevonKirkland99
12-31-2012, 07:22 PM
I'll never, ever root for the ratbirds. F*ck'em..and the horse they rode in on too.

Talk about a team that left Baltimore to play another team that left Cleveland :) two ****** teams facing each other...*Luck is the exception though

Goodfrom55
12-31-2012, 07:23 PM
If the Rats throw 15 times, it's too much. Colts can't stop the run at all.

LatrobePA
12-31-2012, 07:51 PM
Good luck in Miami Wallace you fn quitter!

polamalu43
12-31-2012, 07:57 PM
I have stated this before.

Wallace goes to NE, Indy, SF, Mia or Carolina

Crash
12-31-2012, 08:05 PM
San Fran doesn't need him. I could see the Cowboys or Giants going after him.

polamalu43
12-31-2012, 08:17 PM
Don't agree with Dal or NYG

jdehoff83
12-31-2012, 08:35 PM
No I don't want them to get throttled there first game because they play the rat birds.piece of **** birds out first then they can tank.

This def

BlaZeQuietly
12-31-2012, 08:40 PM
Indy will crush the ratbirds, I'd bet the farm on it. There is no way they will beat Denver or New England at home, there's no way anybody is going to do that. As far as Wallace goes, get his cry baby *** out of here, Up until this season I loved Wallace but his attitude really pissed me off, and his numbers were crap. He is more well suited somewhere else, he just doesnt fit as a steeler. Brown can be out #1 Sanders #2 and Burress #3, Miller at Tight end, thats just fine. AS LONG AS WE HAVE A RUNNING BACK. Haley needs to reform his strategy to, maybe have ben throw the ball to members of his team.

Crash
12-31-2012, 09:12 PM
shut up

Well um, well, no.

Chew on this, Isaac Redman had a higher yard per catch average in 2012 than Antonio Brown did.

And you think a top flight free agent WR is going to sign here to play in Haley's offense?

TarlsQtr
12-31-2012, 10:21 PM
Well um, well, no.

Chew on this, Isaac Redman had a higher yard per catch average in 2012 than Antonio Brown did.

And you think a top flight free agent WR is going to sign here to play in Haley's offense?

What a meaningless stat. When you have under 20 catches all season, it is very easy for your stats to be skewed by one or two long ones. Perhaps I should brag on Plaxico for his hefty 14 ypc average? LOL And by your logic, no high profile receiver would ever go to New England either because Wes Welker had a lower YPC than AB.

cbrunn
12-31-2012, 10:23 PM
Mikey Mike I hate it had to be him :banging:

TarlsQtr
12-31-2012, 10:30 PM
Indy will crush the ratbirds, I'd bet the farm on it. There is no way they will beat Denver or New England at home, there's no way anybody is going to do that. As far as Wallace goes, get his cry baby *** out of here, Up until this season I loved Wallace but his attitude really pissed me off, and his numbers were crap. He is more well suited somewhere else, he just doesnt fit as a steeler. Brown can be out #1 Sanders #2 and Burress #3, Miller at Tight end, thats just fine. AS LONG AS WE HAVE A RUNNING BACK. Haley needs to reform his strategy to, maybe have ben throw the ball to members of his team.

I wouldn't bet anything. I am not saying the Colts will not win as the Ratbirds are their own mess, but they have been doing a lot with smoke and mirrors. They are an 11-5 team with a -30 point differential, a 26th ranked D in yards, 21st in points, 21st pass, 29th rush.

At some point, that chariot has to turn back into a pumpkin.

Big T
12-31-2012, 11:05 PM
San Fran doesn't need him. I could see the Cowboys or Giants going after him.

He's not going to Dallas, but thinking NYG is absurd. Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz and 2012 2nd rd pick Rueben Randle: where exactly does he fit in?

NeilPatrickBanana
12-31-2012, 11:51 PM
My money is on carolina

Real Deal Steel
01-01-2013, 11:49 AM
If the colts can balance their attack against the ratbirds, and pressure the bitch known as Flacco, they'll win the game.

Real Deal Steel
01-01-2013, 11:52 AM
If Wallace is smart, he goes to the patriots. If it's about money
, he goes to the rams, colts,panthers.

Get7With7
01-01-2013, 11:58 AM
If Wallace is smart, he goes to the patriots. If it's about money
, he goes to the rams, colts,panthers.

With Andrew Luck, the Colts wouldn't be just about money. That team isn't going through a down period as expected.

However, signing with the Rams, Jaguars, Panthers, or Dolphins means it's only about money.

Big T
01-01-2013, 12:06 PM
With Andrew Luck, the Colts wouldn't be just about money. That team isn't going through a down period as expected.

However, signing with the Rams, Jaguars, Panthers, or Dolphins means it's only about money.

I agree with Rams or Jags, but I wouldn't necessarily say him signing with Carolina or Miami would just be for the money. Miami finished 7-9 with a good young QB in Tannehill and their major need is a playmaker at the WR position. Carolina is poorly coached but playing with Cam Newton would be intriguing.

North Steel
01-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Seriously guys isn't always about money with these guys,there's very little team pride anymore.

LatrobePA
01-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Wallace thinks he's better then he actually is, that's the problem.

Real Deal Steel
01-01-2013, 01:15 PM
Wallace thinks he's better then he actually is, that's the problem.

true

polamalu43
01-01-2013, 01:45 PM
As much as I hate letting our players walk........we can not pay this guy the $$ he wants. Not a smart move. I'd rather go with Brown, Sanders, Cotchery, a good draft pick and a second tier FA.....maybe a guy with 3 years left in the tank.

We sign Lewis for 4 years.....add 2 more years to Ben to reduce cap hit. Bring Foote back for $1 million a year, dump Mundy, Leftwich, Hampton, Pope, B Johnson. Lastly we need Starks back for another year.

Forged in Steel
01-01-2013, 01:59 PM

Steelers 27 Cardinals 23 :grin2:

xBlitzBurghx
01-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Maybe we can find a 4th or 5th round speedy receiver that can catch. I hate seeing Wallace go because I am a fan of his.

ChucktownSteeler
01-01-2013, 03:29 PM
No way he goes to Miami, his ego is to big.

LatrobePA
01-01-2013, 03:39 PM

$$$ talks!

Nolrog
01-01-2013, 04:19 PM
$$$ talks!

I agree. He'll go to the team that pays him the most. Miami, Oakland, Detroit, Minnesota. He doesn't care (most athletes don't care.)

Crash
01-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Yea, no WR would want to play in the offense that Larry Fitzgerald had his best season in..

We don't run the 2008 Cards three WRs with 1000 yards offense.

We run Art Rooney II's fullback and 2-3 TE sets offense.

Nolrog
01-01-2013, 04:35 PM
We run Art Rooney II's fullback and 2-3 TE sets offense.

It's funny how much blame you place on a guy who spent the last few years in Ireland and not in Pittsburgh.

coldrolled
01-01-2013, 04:53 PM

Would have been better if he was in Miami this year and we had 2 #1 picks.. Now what will we get.. What we always get.. Nothing..

scudmissile29
01-01-2013, 05:05 PM
Would have been better if he was in Miami this year and we had 2 #1 picks.. Now what will we get.. What we always get.. Nothing..

tomlin and colbert should be lined up and shot

****ing idiots.

Crash
01-01-2013, 05:05 PM
It's funny how much blame you place on a guy who spent the last few years in Ireland and not in Pittsburgh.

Um, DAN was in Ireland.

ART II is the one calling the shots.

LatrobePA
01-01-2013, 06:47 PM

Exactly, the brass f'd up on this one!

Nolrog
01-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Exactly, the brass f'd up on this one!

There's no way that Miami would have given up a #1 in trade for Wallace. The Brass didn't f anything up. They had SB aspirations and we had a better shot with him than without him.

steelchamp204
01-01-2013, 08:37 PM
It would have been easier for the Steelers to sign Wallace first, Im sure he would have taken that AB contract. Then sign AB. Just saying.

Crash
01-01-2013, 08:47 PM
The rumors are he was offered $15 mil guaranteed and he said no, despite his agent saying take it.

Wallace wanted $20 mil.

The Steelers went up to $18 mil guaranteed.

Wallace said no again.

Talks over.

steelchamp204
01-01-2013, 08:52 PM
The rumors are he was offered $15 mil guaranteed and he said no, despite his agent saying take it.

Wallace wanted $20 mil.

The Steelers went up to $18 mil guaranteed.

Wallace said no again.

Talks over.

Source? Id like to read that.

Crash
01-01-2013, 09:00 PM
A person on Scout (not a media member) who I KNOW has connections with the Steelers FO and NFL circles.

Big T
01-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Is that just like you KNOW Ben won't be here next season?

Crash
01-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Nope, that's MY prediction.

I mean let's be honest here, have you ever seen a franchise QB treated this ****** by ownership AFTER winning it two rings and three AFC titles?

TarlsQtr
01-01-2013, 09:38 PM
Treated ****** how? By not keeping his golfing partner on staff?

What a "******" thing to do, pay someone $13 million per year, stand by a guy who acted like a complete *** off the field, and then try to install an offense that would keep him healthy (even if the result did not match the intention.) If Ben were that big of a b!tch, then good riddance. Luckily,only you are.

All you do is make stupid assertions. Art II is calling plays. Ben is leaving. Wallace demanded $20 million. Never a shred of actual evidence. What a joke. Grow up.

Crash
01-01-2013, 10:17 PM
Treated ****** how? By not keeping his golfing partner on staff?

"Coach LeBeau and I have a special relationship," Roethlisberger said.

"We are very close. We hold hands in the team prayer before [games]. We spend a lot of time golfing and hanging out. I couldn't be more proud. He is an unbelievable coach. More than an unbelievable coach, he is an unbelievable person. Anybody who spends 10 seconds around him, there is an aura or something that comes off him, and you realize how special he is."

-Ben Roethlisberger August 2009

So Whiz can never return either right? He's golfed with Ben too.

Like fish in a barrel.

TarlsQtr
01-01-2013, 10:30 PM
"Coach LeBeau and I have a special relationship," Roethlisberger said.

"We are very close. We hold hands in the team prayer before [games]. We spend a lot of time golfing and hanging out. I couldn't be more proud. He is an unbelievable coach. More than an unbelievable coach, he is an unbelievable person. Anybody who spends 10 seconds around him, there is an aura or something that comes off him, and you realize how special he is."

-Ben Roethlisberger August 2009

So Whiz can never return either right? He's golfed with Ben too.

Like fish in a barrel.

Your post is pointless. So? He plays golf with Lebeau and did with Whiz. It does not address this alleged "******" treatment Ben has received nor does your post address the fact that you routinely make wild assertions without ever providing a shred of evidence. In fact, you ignore posts that prove you wrong (eg. I showed where the Steelers ran a higher percentage of plays in 2011, completely dismantling your assertion that Art II has ordered Haley to run, run, run) and you keep posting garbage you know is wrong.

Your above post us nothing but a red herring, the only "fish in a barrel" you know anything about.

Your mom called, she wants her laptop back.

BlaZeQuietly
01-01-2013, 10:32 PM
Yeah Crash, all you do is make stuff up.

Crash
01-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Your post is pointless. So? He plays golf with Lebeau and did with Whiz. It does not address this alleged "******" treatment Ben has received nor does your post address the fact that you routinely make wild assertions without ever providing a shred of evidence. In fact, you ignore posts that prove you wrong (eg. I showed where the Steelers ran a higher percentage of plays in 2011, completely dismantling your assertion that Art II has ordered Haley to run, run, run) and you keep posting garbage you know is wrong.

Your above post us nothing but a red herring, the only "fish in a barrel" you know anything about.

Someone asked Ken Laird yesterday if Sunday was an "audition" for Plax.

His response? "No, Ben likes him too much". Now what do you think that is referring too?

Ben wanted Plax back in 2004, nope.

Ben wanted Faneca back in 2008, nope.

Ben wants Wallace back in 2012, we'll see.

Ben was asked after the Chargers game about Plax. Ben said he thought Plax was ready to contribute more.

Plax is then inactive for 2 weeks, and Leonard Pope who only plays maybe 2 snaps a game, wasn't.

You think that's all coincidence? I don't.

The LA Times reported that part of the reason we hired Haley was because Bill O'Brien yelled at Tom Brady during a game, and Ben "needed that" according to the FO.

Why? Was winning Super Bowls not enough during a HOF career?

What kind of imbecile makes a decision in regards to their QB based on the actions of ANOTHER TEAM? Are you ^&*() serious??????

Art wanted emphasis on the run. Haley gave him that. WR screens are glorified running plays. Take those, and then take out the passing at the end of the half, and then whats the percentage?

You read box scores, to be frank you aren't qualified to discuss this team with me.

Isaac Redman has a higher yards per catch average than Antonio Brown.

We took the modern day Terry Bradshaw and turned him into Trent Dilfer.

greg1964
01-01-2013, 10:44 PM
Is the same Haley offense that people were pushing for Ben to be a league MVP in: (before injuries)
I know the season fizzled out, but lets remember, durning the fizzed our period: We were down to out Third string QB, fourth string OT and many second string and guard and center at times: and a rotation of RB, and our best WR had a bumb ankle. And when our "Stud" QB finally made it back to the field, he wasn't the same player we has before the injury.

Out of all the things that when wrong, this season; Haley wasn't one of them:

Crash
01-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Haley's play-calling sucked all year.

Run up the middle.

Shot gun run up the middle.

WR screen.

Passes to Heath Miller.

That's the majority of our offense. Sprinkle in a fullback and everyone loves it.

But Ben's stellar play on 3rd down, doesn't make Haley smarter.

BlaZeQuietly
01-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Miller was the only one that could hold on to the ball, pass it to him all day.

Crash
01-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Miller was the only one that could hold on to the ball, pass it to him all day.

But when you take off Manny Sanders, and put David Paulson on the field? You tip where you are throwing the ball.

TD Bengals. They adjusted their coverage because we tipped off where we were throwing.

Haley's infatuation with Miller sometimes hurt the offense more than helped it.

TarlsQtr
01-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Someone asked Ken Laird yesterday if Sunday was an "audition" for Plax.

His response? "No, Ben likes him too much". Now what do you think that is referring too?

Ben wanted Plax back in 2004, nope.

Ben wanted Faneca back in 2008, nope.

Ben wants Wallace back in 2012, we'll see.

Art wanted emphasis on the run. Haley gave him that. WR screens are glorified running plays. Take those, and then take out the passing at the end of the half, and then whats the percentage?

You read box scores, to be frank you aren't qualified to discuss this team with me.

We took the modern day Terry Bradshaw and turned him into Trent Dilfer.

LOL So? First, it was a stupid question. If Ben thought it was an audition for Plax, he would have gotten him the ball more than twice. Second, it was likely a joke. Third, Ken Laird? Who cares what the hell he says?

I mean really? Your evidence of "sh!tty" treatment is that the Rooney's do not let PLAYERS make personnel decisions? LOL

And I love how you move the goalposts. First, it was a completely incorrect assertion that Haley is running more and that Art II told him too. Now, it is "well, screens are glorified running plays." And here is some news for you. Steeler fans have been complaining about those awful bubble screens LONG before this year. Do you have any evidence that Haley is running MORE screens than BA? Of course not. Do you have any evidence that Art specifically told him to? Of course not. It is all just more diarrhea of the mouth from you.

Sure, Ben has been turned into Dilfer. Below, I have cherry-picked each of Dilfer's stats from the year he did best in each category.

Dilfer: Compl: 267 (1996), Pct: 59.8 (1999-10 starts, 2001-4 starts, 2005-11 starts), Yards:2859 (1996), Ave: 8.3 (2001 in 4 starts), TD: 21 (1997, 1998), Rating: 92 (2001 in 4 starts)

Again, keep in mind that these are Dilfer's best stats of any year in each category and in many he never came close to these stats in any other season. For example, his second highest Ave was 7 and he only had a QB rating over 80 (82) one other time. And his best rating and average came in a season where he started 4 games.

Ben's 2012 statistics (13 games):

Comp.: 284, Percent: 63.3, Yards: 3265, Ave: 7.3, TDs: 26, Rating: 97

Yeah, just like Dilfer. LOL And you have the nerve to discuss who is "qualified" to talk about the subject. Too funny.

TarlsQtr
01-01-2013, 11:33 PM
Dumbest stat of the year from the dumbest poster:

Isaac Redman has a higher yards per catch average than Antonio Brown.

And Redman also had a higher yards per catch than Wes Welker (so did AB). Should the Patriots be looking for a new OC?

When you catch less than 20 passes a season, it only takes one or two to skew your numbers beyond their ability to be meaningful. It is like saying Plax should be the league MVP because 1 out of every 3 catches this season was a TD.

What a maroon.

steelchamp204
01-01-2013, 11:41 PM
This thread is beyond stupid now. Lets move on.

Crash
01-02-2013, 01:30 AM
And Redman also had a higher yards per catch than Wes Welker (so did AB). Should the Patriots be looking for a new OC?

Wes Welker is being phased out of New England.

We just gave Antonio Brown a boatload of money.

If Ben thought it was an audition for Plax, he would have gotten him the ball more than twice.

Um, did you read what I wrote? A fan asked Laird if he thought it was an audition for Plax.

Then Laird gave his answer, implying that because Ben likes Plax, Plax most likely won't be here anyway.

Ave: 7.3

The 2nd lowest YPA of Ben's career, except for the year they played a ton of games in **** weather in 2008 late in the year.

What was his YPA Sunday? Less than 6 yards a pop?

I mean really? Your evidence of "sh!tty" treatment is that the Rooney's do not let PLAYERS make personnel decisions? LOL

Make the decisions? No.

Not even have any indication of who they were bringing in to replace Arians? That's a joke.

Kordell friggin' Stewart got more FO leeway when Ray Sherman was hired.

We don't attack teams anymore. When BA was here and we made a bbig play on defense or special teams we'd attack.

Now? We hand off twice from the 50 in Dallas, and twice from the 32 vs. the Bengals with your season on the line.

Because that's what Art wants.

TarlsQtr
01-02-2013, 02:37 AM
Wes Welker is being phased out of New England.

We just gave Antonio Brown a boatload of money.

Another irrelevancy on your part. Your claim was that Haley should go and you gave as evidence the stat the Redman had a higher yards per catch average. First, the stat is irrelevant. Redman had fewer than 20 catches and one or two long plays would skew it. Second, whether Welker is being phased out or Brown signed for a bunch of money is also irrelevant. Using YOUR LOGIC, if Haley sucks because Redman had a higher yard per catch than Brown, then NE's OC should be REALLY NERVOUS because both Redman's and Brown's were higher than the best WR on the Patriots roster, Wes Welker.

Um, did you read what I wrote? A fan asked Laird if he thought it was an audition for Plax.

Then Laird gave his answer, implying that because Ben likes Plax, Plax most likely won't be here anyway.

So? Do you REALLY think that Art II is sitting in his office thinking, "Yeah, I know Player A would help us win the Super Bowl but I just cannot have a player on my team that Ben Roethlisberger likes!" ??? How idiotic. Like all owners, right or wrong, Art II is making decisions he feels are the best for the FRANCHISE. Only in a half-baked mind of a conspiracy theorist is this evidence of Art treating Ben "sh!tty." Art II is paying Ben $13 million per. Art II stood with Ben when many in Pittsburgh wanted him gone. Art II fired BA and hired Haley because he wanted to PROTECT Ben, not hurt him. You act like Ben has done the franchise a favor by winning two Super Bowls for them when it took a hell of a lot more than Ben alone and Ben was paid handsomely to do it.

The 2nd lowest YPA of Ben's career, except for the year they played a ton of games in **** weather in 2008 late in the year.

Yep, and still better than just about every season in Trent Dilfer's entire career, the person you said Ben was now the mirror image of.

Make the decisions? No.

Bull. In response to my request for evidence that Art II has treated been "sh!tty", you provided a list of names of Steelers who were let go against Ben's wishes. There is no other interpretation of that other than you believe Ben should have been able to make those decisions, at least unofficially.

Not even have any indication of who they were bringing in to replace Arians? That's a joke.

Kordell friggin' Stewart got more FO leeway when Ray Sherman was hired.

Irrelevant. Ben has no right to have a say in coaching decisions, especially his immediate supervisor. This is only evidence of he being treated as an employee, which he is.

We don't attack teams anymore. When BA was here and we made a bbig play on defense or special teams we'd attack.

And the VERY NEXT PLAY after Troy's INT Sunday, Ben threw a deep pass to AB that was called back on a hold. After the Timmons fumble recovery in the second quarter, Ben went deep to AB again (incomplete). But don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

Now? We hand off twice from the 50 in Dallas, and twice from the 32 vs. the Bengals with your season on the line.

Because that's what Art wants.

Any evidence that it is what "Art wants?"

Funny, not a word from you on how ridiculous your comparison between Dilfer and Ben looks when the stats are side by side.

Crash
01-02-2013, 03:06 AM
So? Do you REALLY think that Art II is sitting in his office thinking, "Yeah, I know Player A would help us win the Super Bowl but I just cannot have a player on my team that Ben Roethlisberger likes!"

I think there's a part of Art that likes to play games with Ben and "put him in his place". IMO that's not what you do with a franchise QB. It just isn't.

Irrelevant. Ben has no right to have a say in coaching decisions, especially his immediate supervisor. This is only evidence of he being treated as an employee, which he is.

To not even be kept in the loop during the process? You agree with that? Chuck Noll calls Terry Bradshaw on the phone during the 1974 draft to discuss the WRs they are getting, 2 time SB winner Ben Roethlisberger doesn't have a clue who's being brought in to run his offense. Again, real smooooooooooooooooooth.

And the VERY NEXT PLAY after Troy's INT Sunday, Ben threw a deep pass to AB that was called back on a hold. After the Timmons fumble recovery in the second quarter, Ben went deep to AB again (incomplete). But don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

Lovely, Todd Haley attacked a 10 loss team in a meaningless game. Which he would have felt the urgency to do it when the game mattered the week before.

Just like Plax. dress him for the Browns. But don't dress him (and dress Leonard "field goal team" Pope) considering his big game experience against the Bengals. Simply brilliant!

Any evidence that it is what "Art wants?"

ART II fired Arians against Tomlin's wishes and hired his 1970's crony's kid.

LatrobePA
01-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Wallace has no regrets! He admits to playing lazy pretty much. I say F him lets move on!!

Real Deal Steel
01-02-2013, 10:55 AM
I concur.

LatrobePA
01-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Read more:

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/?m=1

Crash
01-02-2013, 12:10 PM
Wallace saw his receptions dip from 72 to 64 and his yards per catch fall to 13.1 – still a healthy average, but well below his career mark of 17.2.

Haley's offense turned a Porsche into a Pinto.

TarlsQtr
01-02-2013, 02:46 PM
I think there's a part of Art that likes to play games with Ben and "put him in his place". IMO that's not what you do with a franchise QB. It just isn't.

In other words, you have no actual evidence of this and are merely pulling it out of your a$$.

To not even be kept in the loop during the process? You agree with that? Chuck Noll calls Terry Bradshaw on the phone during the 1974 draft to discuss the WRs they are getting, 2 time SB winner Ben Roethlisberger doesn't have a clue who's being brought in to run his offense. Again, real smooooooooooooooooooth.

You may not like his management style but it is a far cry from treating Ben "******." Ben has no right to input into personnel decisions. I sure did not choose my boss.

Lovely, Todd Haley attacked a 10 loss team in a meaningless game. Which he would have felt the urgency to do it when the game mattered the week before.

You can always be counted on to sound the retreat. First, you say that we do not attack, then when given two examples from the previous week, we get, "Well, not in any other game." Meanwhile, you never even lift a finger to actually support your assertion with you know, actual evidence.

Just like Plax. dress him for the Browns. But don't dress him (and dress Leonard "field goal team" Pope) considering his big game experience against the Bengals. Simply brilliant!

And you think Tomlin has no say in that? And Plax dressed for the Browns because Wallace was placed on IR. One can disagree with that logic, but anyone with a modicum of football knowledge should be able to see why you may activate Pope and sit Plax. Our OL was a shambles and a body in for pass protection may be more valuable than the last WR on the roster.

ART II fired Arians against Tomlin's wishes and hired his 1970's crony's kid.

And how does that show Art II wanted two runs from the 50 in Dallas and from the 32 against Cincy? It doesn' t. Even more ridiculous is your implication that Art hired him out of cronyism, again with no evidence. That said, it is not NEARLY as ridiculous as your claim that Art did it to mess with Ben' s head.

TarlsQtr
01-02-2013, 02:47 PM
Haley's offense turned a Porsche into a Pinto.

At least you stopped using the asinine analogy of turning Ben into Trent Dilfer.

steelchamp204
01-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Why the **** does every thread now turn into the Haley thread. ****! We should have our own section of the forums named "Haley"

Crash
01-02-2013, 03:35 PM
One can disagree with that logic, but anyone with a modicum of football knowledge should be able to see why you may activate Pope and sit Plax. Our OL was a shambles and a body in for pass protection may be more valuable than the last WR on the roster.

That would be a nice analogy if Pope actually played on offense.

SnakeEyes43
01-04-2013, 12:00 AM
WHO NEEDS MIKE WALLACE?
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0cT1fABa3Heiq/350x.jpg

BlaZeQuietly
01-04-2013, 04:11 PM
WHO NEEDS MIKE WALLACE?
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0cT1fABa3Heiq/350x.jpg

not us

TarlsQtr
01-04-2013, 06:22 PM
That would be a nice analogy if Pope actually played on offense.

He has more TDs than Plax this year, so he is playing some offense.

Crash
01-04-2013, 06:31 PM
He caught 3 passes all year. His snap totals went down as the season went on.

He was active for the Bengals game, and saw no snaps on offense.

TarlsQtr
01-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Right, your big complaint is they should have activated a guy with two catches instead of a guy with three catches and two TDs. Our entire season rode on that. lol

NeilPatrickBanana
01-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Right, your big complaint is they should have activated a guy with two catches instead of a guy with three catches and two TDs. Our entire season rode on that. lol

no, our season rode on the fact that the RB lined up 8 yards behind the line of scrimmage on 3rd and 2... duh!
(sarcasm)

Crash
01-05-2013, 04:13 PM

No, my big complaint is that in a season where Mike Wallace had issues catching the ball, and a game where Manny Sanders was playing with a cracked rib, that it makes more sense to activate Plaxico Burress, than it is to have Leonard Pope playing on the field goal team.

Don't worry about arguing with me, worry about what's best for this football team.

TarlsQtr
01-06-2013, 01:13 PM
No, my big complaint is that in a season where Mike Wallace had issues catching the ball, and a game where Manny Sanders was playing with a cracked rib, that it makes more sense to activate Plaxico Burress, than it is to have Leonard Pope playing on the field goal team.

Don't worry about arguing with me, worry about what's best for this football team.

It is called combating idiocy and you are this board's chief offender.

Because of the Bengal's pass rush, the O was not running a lot of 4 or 5 receiver sets. Plax would not even have been playing on the field goal team.

Nolrog
01-06-2013, 01:59 PM
not us

The Steelers are better off with Wallace than without.