PDA

View Full Version : Kick returner

Clevelandsux
12-31-2012, 12:17 AM
Part of our problem this year has been the return game. Tired of Antonio brown fair catching on the 10 yard line. Hope steelers can add something to the return game next season. Rainey hasn't done much either.

Crowned
12-31-2012, 12:32 AM
I'll assume you're only talking about punt returns, because Rainey has been great on kick returns setting the Steelers up with good field position. I believe he leads the league in a kick return yard stat? Maybe kick return yards average or total?

acero
12-31-2012, 02:48 AM
returning kicks is the only job i would trus rainey with, cause he is a bust at running back, ill take dwyer over any of our rbs anyday

Ibleedblk&gld
12-31-2012, 03:06 AM
The man is what? 5' 7" 180? That's tiny for an NFL RB...he should be nothing but a KR/PR and leave AB for WR only

jpele
12-31-2012, 08:50 AM
It's pretty hard to return a punt when there are 2 or 3 defenders standing in your face. When brown had to opportunity to return a punt he was very good not his fault they were called for holding or block in the back.

ChucktownSteeler
12-31-2012, 09:22 AM
I'd like to see Rainey returning punts. AB is too valuable to be back there next season.

steelchamp204
12-31-2012, 09:45 AM
Rainey is a guy who Haley wants to put in special packages, He can be a rb but I look at him as a Sproles type of player. He will be able to do a lot here given a couple more seasons. Needs to bulk up a little bit though. Dude cuts like Holmes used to, I love it, he makes it looks easy out there. He did a great job setting the offense up in decent field position this season.

Real Deal Steel
12-31-2012, 10:08 AM
I'd like to see Rainey returning punts. AB is too valuable to be back there next season.

Got a point. Especially with Wallace out the door.

steelcity73
12-31-2012, 02:52 PM
Rainey is a guy who Haley wants to put in special packages, He can be a rb but I look at him as a Sproles type of player. He will be able to do a lot here given a couple more seasons. Needs to bulk up a little bit though. Dude cuts like Holmes used to, I love it, he makes it looks easy out there. He did a great job setting the offense up in decent field position this season.

yeah agree, kinda reminds me of fast Willie too, but does need to bulk up a little. It appears he can also take a hit, he got whacked a couple times this season and came back for more. Not saying that's a good thing, but he's one of the few who didn't miss any games this yr due to a significant injury.