PDA

View Full Version : Draft Order (Semi-Final)

Nolrog
12-30-2012, 07:19 PM
Based on the status of the afternoon games, this is what we're looking at. The Dallas game likely will not have an impact; if they win, they are 9-7 and we have a worse record and if they lose they are 8-8 but with a harder SoS, so either way we draft before them.

1) 2-14: Kansas City (.516)
2) 2-14: Jacksonville (.542)

3) 4-12: Oakland (.471)
4) 4-12: Philly (.510)
5) 4-12: Detroit (.569)

6) 5-11: Cleveland (.508)
7) 5-11: Arizona (.548)

8) 6-10: Buffalo (.480)
9) 6-10: Tennessee (.510)
10) 6-10: Jets (.510)

11) 7-9: San Diego (.473)
12) 7-9: Miami (.483)
13) 7-9: Tampa (.502)
14) 7-9: Carolina (.514)
15) 7-9: New Orleans (.522)

16) 7-8-1: St Louis

17) 8-8: Pittsburgh (.464)

So by winning today, we dropped from the 14th pick to the 17th pick. Had we lost, we'd have been in that batch of 7-9 teams, and drafted the highest of them (#11) based on the weakest schedule. So today's game was worth 6 big time spots in the draft.

Not all games are finished as I write this, but it's based on the current score.

Real Deal Steel
12-30-2012, 08:13 PM
Wonder how everyone feels about dropping six spots?

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2012, 08:15 PM
Wonder how everyone feels about dropping siz spots?

Not happy about it but nothing I can do about it....Just hope the Steelers hit a home run with the pick......This is a very important draft for this team.......

cuatro_tres43
12-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Not happy about it but nothing I can do about it....Just hope the Steelers hit a home run with the pick......This is a very important draft for this team.......

aren't they all important?

NeilPatrickBanana
12-30-2012, 08:37 PM

Hate it

cbrunn
12-30-2012, 08:43 PM
yeah it sucks big time , because in that 11-12 range you could of had one of the top guys MAYBE fall ...

now I would take Chance Warmack/Kyle Van Noy/ or trade back and get Van Noy a little later in the 1st and pick up an extra pick

this is of course as of right now

scudmissile29
12-30-2012, 08:47 PM

****ing ridiculous.

edited out - BRC

LatrobePA
12-30-2012, 09:02 PM
With all the injured rookies this year it'll be like a massive draft with this years picks.

BlaZeQuietly
12-30-2012, 11:14 PM
Would have loved a higher draft, would have hated to get swept by the browns, I'll take the 8-8 and the draft we deserve, I really think we should trade up and get a good back anyways.

ChucktownSteeler
12-30-2012, 11:27 PM
Ouch.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-30-2012, 11:45 PM
Would have loved a higher draft, would have hated to get swept by the browns, I'll take the 8-8 and the draft we deserve, I really think we should trade up and get a good back anyways.

there is no back worthy of trading up in the first round for... there is no back worthy of being drafted in the 1st round

Real Deal Steel
12-30-2012, 11:48 PM
there is no back worthy of trading up in the first round for... there is no back worthy of being drafted in the 1st round

I agree.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-30-2012, 11:50 PM
yeah it sucks big time , because in that 11-12 range you could of had one of the top guys MAYBE fall ...

now I would take Chance Warmack/Kyle Van Noy/ or trade back and get Van Noy a little later in the 1st and pick up an extra pick

this is of course as of right now

if the player you want is there... don't trade back. If Van Noy declares, he's definitely a target for the mid 1st round

LatrobePA
12-30-2012, 11:58 PM
How bout them cowboys! hahahaha

LatrobePA
12-31-2012, 12:00 AM
I don't know anything about the kids in this years draft. Based on our needs where do we go with this pick?

Real Deal Steel
12-31-2012, 12:03 AM
The most important addition to our team will be a good O-line coach and a new conditioning program for the O-line.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-31-2012, 12:10 AM
I don't know anything about the kids in this years draft. Based on our needs where do we go with this pick?

it's a great draft for pass rushers in the 1st round, at 17 we will hopefully have a few guys to choose from (Dion Jordan is my guy, but I could see Mingo or Moore still being on the board, and Van Noy would be an option if he declares).

it's very deep at safety for the 2nd round... Reid and Vaccaro are late 1st rounders. Baccari Rambo could be a 2nd round target along with Amerson or Elam.

i think it is a quality draft for WRs, even though there isn't an AJ Green/Blackmon type of high end first rounder. There are some "question mark" types that could slip into the 3rd like Darick Rodgers

pass rusher, safety and WR are the primary needs IMO

NeilPatrickBanana
12-31-2012, 12:11 AM
The most important addition to our team will be a good O-line coach and a new conditioning program for the O-line.

you think the Oline injuries are related to conditioning? lol

LatrobePA
12-31-2012, 12:12 AM
I like the pass rush and safety options. Thanks for the insight!

cbrunn
12-31-2012, 12:39 AM
if the player you want is there... don't trade back. If Van Noy declares, he's definitely a target for the mid 1st round

Van Noy has quickly became my favorite OLB prospect in the draft ... and yes I can easily see him being a mid 1st round pick also ... That is my OLB of choice...if that's the direction the teams wants to go ... but I wouldn't be upset with Warmack either

NeilPatrickBanana
12-31-2012, 01:32 AM
Van Noy has quickly became my favorite OLB prospect in the draft ... and yes I can easily see him being a mid 1st round pick also ... That is my OLB of choice...if that's the direction the teams wants to go ... but I wouldn't be upset with Warmack either

Warmack would be a terrible pick.

it's one thing to have a few specific players you like, it's another to mismanage the drafts value because you only like a handful of players personally

prior to Thursday's game... i didn't think Van Noy would declare... but after a primetime performance like that, it might shoot his draft stock high enough to get him to declare

Töm87
12-31-2012, 05:25 AM
This is not the NBA were draft position really matters. After all, in football it's almost impossible t predict if someone drafted at 12th will actually be better compared to someone at 17th.
Behind the Top picks, it Äs really a big lottery.

JensK
12-31-2012, 06:07 AM
I really dislike it, but at the same time I cannot say i blame the team. You play to win, and do honestly believe that losing ón purpose is the single most pathetic Think a prof. Team can do. There are most likely still a few very good players at 17, especially passrushers.

Real Deal Steel
12-31-2012, 07:26 AM
you think the Oline injuries are related to conditioning? lol

well, I think it's more then bad luck that our line has had an inordinate amount of injuries 3 years straight.

Nolrog
12-31-2012, 07:30 AM

I wouldn't draft a back in the first round anyway. We have far far greater needs than RB on the defensive side of the ball.

coldrolled
12-31-2012, 09:12 AM
who hits harder S elam, rambo, reid i watch elam alot here in fla... he is a hawk..'

then you have Jjones, mosely, werner at oLB

or trade up and get Te'o

cbrunn
12-31-2012, 09:27 AM
who hits harder S elam, rambo, reid i watch elam alot here in fla... he is a hawk..'

then you have Jjones, mosely, werner at oLB

or trade up and get Te'o

CJ Mosely already said he's staying in school ... Matt Elam is leaning towards staying in school but isn't official yet

but Reid and Elam probably hit harder then Rambo , but I think Rambo is more of a coverage safety with more splash play potential , and not to mention he can tackle too

there is no way any of the OLB will be there at 17 ... only way is a long stretch of JJones falling because injury concern but i highly doubt that happens

cbrunn
12-31-2012, 09:44 AM
looks like Elam might be going pro according to his HS coach
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/30/hs-coach-elam-leaving-gators-for-nfl/

NeilPatrickBanana
12-31-2012, 10:03 AM
CJ Mosely already said he's staying in school ... Matt Elam is leaning towards staying in school but isn't official yet

but Reid and Elam probably hit harder then Rambo , but I think Rambo is more of a coverage safety with more splash play potential , and not to mention he can tackle too

there is no way any of the OLB will be there at 17 ... only way is a long stretch of JJones falling because injury concern but i highly doubt that happens

Mosley is staying? I must have missed that. Bummer.

connecticutsteel
12-31-2012, 04:36 PM
FOR WHAT WE NEED 17 IS a high enough pick we are never gonaa get Teo unless we sell thye farm

cbrunn
12-31-2012, 08:40 PM
Van Noy going back to school ... that's sad http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/131849/kyle-van-noy

cbrunn
12-31-2012, 08:40 PM
Mosley is staying? I must have missed that. Bummer.

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Alabama-Football-CJ-Mosley-to-Return-for-Senior-Season-Blog-59408

cbrunn
12-31-2012, 09:13 PM
I think now the pick has to be out of either ...

~Pass Rushers~~
OLB - Mingo - LSU (don't think he'll be there at 17 though)
OLB - Okafor - Texas
OLB - Lemonier - Auburn
OLB - Thomas - Stanford
OLB - Jordan - Oregon (don't think he'll be there at 17 though)

~Safety~
FS - Vacarro - Texas
FS - Reid - LSU
SS - Elam - Flordia

~Oline~
OG - Warmack - Alabama
OG - Cooper - North Carolina

Don't really think they should go for a WR or CB or anything like that in the 1st ... there are some good NT prospects but I think McClendon showed a lot and proved he deserves a chance

feel free to add any others as I may have missed some

greg1964
01-01-2013, 10:07 PM
If there is someone the Steelers really want: they can go up to get them: the Steelers will NOT draft an DL or OL in the first two rounds again. They also will not draft a QB with the #1. So that leaves WR, RB, LB or DB as the top options with the #1 pick. With TP coming off another injury season and RC getting long in the tooth, my choice is the BEST saftey when they pick. But that could chance if a STUD OLB is there provided that JH is let go (sob...sob...sob...) or retires

Real Deal Steel
01-02-2013, 12:19 AM
I think we have the O-line to the point where it isn't the first thing that needs to be address with our first round pick. But I can't say that about the D-line. Hampton is soooooooooooo done that we have to add to the nose tackle position this off-season. But....considering where we pick, we may have one of the top two linebackers available. I find it hard for them to pass on that.

steelchamp204
01-02-2013, 01:52 AM
I think they will draft like this.

1. Lb
2. SS
3 Dline
4. RB
5. CB/SS

Real Deal Steel
01-02-2013, 09:53 AM
I think their going to take another O-lineman somewhere in the draft.

Nolrog
01-02-2013, 10:49 AM

I'm OK with that, as long as it's 5 or later. With 5 out of 11 guys playing those positions, we need depth. We should be drafting an OL just about every year for depth.

steelchamp204
01-02-2013, 11:19 AM

Yea RDS, I was going to put the OL right at #6 or #7. Kind of like a Beachum pick.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-02-2013, 11:25 AM
I think now the pick has to be out of either ...

~Pass Rushers~~
OLB - Mingo - LSU (don't think he'll be there at 17 though)
OLB - Okafor - Texas
OLB - Lemonier - Auburn
OLB - Thomas - Stanford
OLB - Jordan - Oregon (don't think he'll be there at 17 though)

~Safety~
FS - Vacarro - Texas
FS - Reid - LSU
SS - Elam - Flordia

~Oline~
OG - Warmack - Alabama
OG - Cooper - North Carolina

Don't really think they should go for a WR or CB or anything like that in the 1st ... there are some good NT prospects but I think McClendon showed a lot and proved he deserves a chance

feel free to add any others as I may have missed some

Wide Receiver is definitely an option in the first round. If the Pass Rusher they need isn't there at #17, I think WR is the more likely pick. The Safety position is so deep this year. And I think the depth at Safety is much deeper than at WR.

I like Reid at #17, but WRs Allen, Hopkins, Williams would be awful hard to pass up (if the pass rusher is gone).

Real Deal Steel
01-03-2013, 09:49 AM
That Elam kid really impressed me last night. All over the field! Has a good feel for where the ball is going to be and can make a play on the ball. And boy do we need that!!

NeilPatrickBanana
01-03-2013, 09:52 AM
That Elam kid really impressed me last night. All over the field! Has a good feel for where the ball is going to be and can make a play on the ball. And boy do we need that!!

Yup, I love Elam. I want him in the 2nd round.

coldrolled
01-03-2013, 10:09 AM
Yup, I love Elam. I want him in the 2nd round.

He wont see the second round.. Ravens will replace reed.

Real Deal Steel
01-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Your right....Ed Reed is done too. If Elam fell to them, they'd be all over him. If we took him at # 17, you can't say it was a bad pick.

Boy...I'd love to work out a way to get another first round pick..maybe franchise Wallace and move him for an additional first round pick.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-03-2013, 10:35 AM
He wont see the second round.. Ravens will replace reed.

I doubt he goes in the 1st.

I remember when Steelers fans were insisting that we needed to trade up in the 1st for Taylor Mays...

cbrunn
01-03-2013, 10:36 AM
what about a draft like

1 - Matt Elam / or Kenny Vaccaro

2 - Andrew Jackson - I think he'll be great beside Timmons - If Jackson Declares

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZQFoR363mw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMK4a-NcbJ4

3 - Brandon Jenkins -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV6AdP2xrN8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZVl1rFjCpM

4 - Duke Williams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzEMvmqPauk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d4d2UqRpLA

Real Deal Steel
01-03-2013, 10:36 AM
I doubt he goes in the 1st.

I remember when Steelers fans were insisting that we needed to trade up in the 1st for Taylor Mays...

disagree. There is a huge need for safeties..especially by teams at the bottom of the first round. Ravens, Patriots and Falcons especially. He won't get past the first round.

cbrunn
01-03-2013, 10:39 AM
disagree. There is a monster need for safties by teams at the bottom of the first round. Ravens, Patriots especially. He won't get past the first round.

I think the Patriots either take Tayvon Austin (spelling maybe wrong) ... or David Amerson (perfect for their scheme of Corner that can play safety and versatility )

NeilPatrickBanana
01-03-2013, 10:40 AM
disagree. There is a huge need for safeties..especially by teams at the bottom of the first round. Ravens, Patriots and Falcons especially. He won't get past the first round.

Pats drafted a FS in the 2nd round last year (Tavon Wilson)
Ravens have bigger needs up front (DL/LBer)

I would not spend the #17 pick on Elam, but I'd use our 2nd and 4th to move up into the 36-42 range to draft him.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-03-2013, 10:41 AM
I think the Patriots either take Tayvon Austin (spelling maybe wrong) ... or David Amerson (perfect for their scheme of Corner that can play safety and versatility )

I LOVE Amerson...

cbrunn
01-03-2013, 10:43 AM
I LOVE Amerson... I think he's the 4th best DB in the draft (Milliner, Banks, Reid, Amerson)

I really like him too ... and I think he could play Corner in the zone blitz scheme of DLs too ... but I think he's best at Free Safety ... my only concern is if he played Safety can he tackle good enough??

I think the Pats make that pick if he's on the board quick ... he fits them perfectly ... at least I think

Real Deal Steel
01-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Pats drafted a FS in the 2nd round last year (Tavon Wilson)
Ravens have bigger needs up front (DL/LBer)

I would not spend the #17 pick on Elam, but I'd use our 2nd and 4th to move up into the 36-42 range to draft him.

According the Pats talk, he's not picked up the scheme as fast as they would have liked. Maybe another off-season is needed but the Patriots secondary is so much of a train wreck still, they could take him because Elam is suppose to be a pretty smart guy too.

NeilPatrickBanana
01-03-2013, 10:48 AM
I really like him too ... and I think he could play Corner in the zone blitz scheme of DLs too ... but I think he's best at Free Safety ... my only concern is if he played Safety can he tackle good enough??

I think the Pats make that pick if he's on the board quick ... he fits them perfectly ... at least I think

agreed...

I think Steelers fans are projecting their needs onto other teams too much. How many "safeties" do you really think are going to get drafted in the 1st round? It's an incredibly deep and talented position. If more than 2 safeties get taken in the 1st round, I'll be shocked.

I think Reid, and probably Vaccaro go in the 1st
Elam, Amerson, Thomas in the 2nd
Rambo, MacDonald, Swearinger, Lester in the late 2nd/3rd

coldrolled
01-03-2013, 10:49 AM
Sean Spence plays like Elam... I cant believe he blew a knee out on the turf... I hope he is back...

Spence was in on every play with the canes. Elam is the same with the gators.

Harrison is done. Our team feeds off OLB's we need the best OLB we can get in round 1

NeilPatrickBanana
01-03-2013, 10:52 AM
Sean Spence plays like Elam... I cant believe he blew a knee out on the turf... I hope he is back...

Spence was in on every play with the canes. Elam is the same with the gators.

Harrison is done. Our team feeds off OLB's we need the best OLB we can get in round 1

I agree. We should be targeting the best fit and trading up (for me it's Jordan... but I trust our guys to determine who the best fit is... maybe Moore... maybe Mingo.

cbrunn
01-03-2013, 11:13 AM
If more than 2 safeties get taken in the 1st round, I'll be shocked.

I think Reid, and probably Vaccaro go in the 1st
Elam, Amerson, Thomas in the 2nd
Rambo, MacDonald, Swearinger, Lester in the late 2nd/3rd

I don't think Reid goes first ... I think Thomas has a legit shot at going in the 1st

but yeah this safety class is extremely deep ... all the ones you mentioned plus, Duke Williams in the 3rd-4th range ... and Rashard Hall and Shamarko Thomas in the 5th-7th range ... I like Shamarko as I'm a Syracuse fan