PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison playing his last game?

Rhys Lightning 63
12-30-2012, 04:23 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000118655/article/james-harrisons-pittsburgh-steelers-era-could-be-over

Thoughts?

If it's true, I would start kicking yourself NOW, that we missed out on Courtney Upshaw back in the draft in 2012

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2012, 04:43 PM
Courtney Upshaw wasn't that impressive this year....There is a ton of pass rushers in this upcoming draft.....

Big T
12-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Courtney Upshaw was one of the worst pass rushers in the game this year. I'm not exaggerating. There are a lot of potential stud pass rushers we could target in the draft.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-30-2012, 05:19 PM
Dion Jordan

LatrobePA
12-30-2012, 05:33 PM
He's a waste of money at this point..

Goodfrom55
12-30-2012, 06:29 PM
At the beginning of the year, I said both he and Troy were approaching the end. As much as I like Harrison, at 35 netx year, will he be worth his 6M salsry next year? I don't think so. If he doesn't restructure, he will likely be cut. As for Troy, he played like a bat out of hell the last few weeks and if he can build off of this, I am encourgaed for next year.

Either way, Steelers need to go OLB / S in the 1st 2 rounds next season.

Crowned
12-30-2012, 06:56 PM
He's a waste of money at this point..

He's still leaps and bounds better than Woodley though.

LatrobePA
12-30-2012, 06:58 PM
He's still leaps and bounds better than Woodley though.

I agree with that and that's not saying much IMO.

Nolrog
12-30-2012, 07:03 PM
Harrison could become a cap casualty. However, that would leave us with Jason Worilds as the starter next year. Hardly a comforting position to be in. We desperately need an impact defensive player in the draft. We also need an OLB and a Safety. Hopefully, the impact player will be at one of those two positions, but if he's not, I draft him anyway. We suck at pressuring the QB and creating turn overs.

ChucktownSteeler
12-30-2012, 07:32 PM
He will have to restructure. On a side note, he lives in Arizona in the offseason.

Crowned
12-30-2012, 07:40 PM

Touche.

TarlsQtr
12-30-2012, 08:01 PM
As for Troy, he played like a bat out of hell the last few weeks and if he can build off of this, I am encourgaed for next year.

Yeah, but I have never been worried about his ability to play the game at a high level. The guy is a beast when healthy. The question has been his ability to stay healthy.

jdehoff83
12-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Yeah, but I have never been worried about his ability to play the game at a high level. The guy is a beast when healthy. The question has been his ability to stay healthy.
Agree!
Alot of peeps wanna give him the axe but he can play he just has to stay healthy i say he has atleast 2 yrs left in the tank

jdehoff83
12-30-2012, 08:51 PM
Gotta find someway to keep james... woodley has injury issues and the backups are not very impressive

Steel and Gold
12-30-2012, 09:15 PM
No. The defense just seems to play better with him. Woodly on the other hand should be at least restructured.

Zachintosh66
12-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Dion Jordan

will be long gone...

LevonKirkland99
12-30-2012, 11:27 PM

Better than Woodley? Not sure about that...Harrison looks like he doesn't want to play anymore

LatrobePA
12-30-2012, 11:54 PM
Harrison turned on a bit late where as Woodley vanished like a fart in the wind!

Vincent
12-31-2012, 02:52 AM
Harrison looks like he doesn't want to play anymore

I agree ; been thinking that all season.

v

Goodfrom55
12-31-2012, 02:51 PM
He will not be kept at his 2013 salary cap number; it's just not smart business. However, If he agrees to restructure, then I say 2013 for sure is his last season in the 'Burgh.

LevonKirkland99
12-31-2012, 03:39 PM
Harrison turned on a bit late where as Woodley vanished like a fart in the wind!

Except Woodley still has the desire to play...and I can see him having a great year in 2013. Harrison is an awesome player, and I have so much respect for that guy, but it seems he doesn't wanna play anymore.

Goodfrom55
12-31-2012, 03:53 PM
Granted it was his own doing, but I think he also looked out of it because he was injured for most of the year thanks to his knee. He should have had the surgery in May and he would have been fine for the opening of the season. Tomlin said both Harrison and Troy were heading into the offseason healthier than they ever have before so who knows. . . .

LevonKirkland99
12-31-2012, 06:19 PM
Granted it was his own doing, but I think he also looked out of it because he was injured for most of the year thanks to his knee. He should have had the surgery in May and he would have been fine for the opening of the season. Tomlin said both Harrison and Troy were heading into the offseason healthier than they ever have before so who knows. . . .

You think #92 will come back? I sure hope he gives it one more season...

Goodfrom55
12-31-2012, 06:29 PM
I hope so, but I believe he will have to restructure to some degree otherwise he could be a cap casualty.

LatrobePA
12-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Except Woodley still has the desire to play...and I can see him having a great year in 2013. Harrison is an awesome player, and I have so much respect for that guy, but it seems he doesn't wanna play anymore.

I agree, Harrison needs to head hunt and with the new pussy rules he's just another ok OLB.

polamalu43
12-31-2012, 07:04 PM
I want Harrison around next year in the worst way but my gut tells me he is gone. I hope they can restructure his deal to a more manageable level. They guy has gas in the tank and when the DLine gets a bit of push Harrison is very effective. Our Blitzing schemes this year sucked. Why could we not do what Timmons did in the 4th quarter all year!! Don't get it!

Crash
12-31-2012, 07:12 PM
He wants to come back. Talked about mini camp, OTA's, etc.

I think at this point he would take a reasonable cut to finish his career here than start over for one more year.

polamalu43
12-31-2012, 07:15 PM
I hope you are right

coldrolled
01-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Our Blitzing schemes this year sucked. Why could we not do what Timmons did in the 4th quarter all year!! Don't get it!

Farrior was the leader....

We need a new ILB leader.. We need to draft the S #1 or ILB #1 then ILB #2 or OLB #2 or flip it depending on the board.

FA - OLB if harrison doesnt sign at the right price.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Harrison will be back next year, although drafting a top flight pass rusher high this season wouldn't be a bad idea at all. In fact I'd be all for it. He'll restructure and that will be that.

As far as Timmons goes, he's such a beast when given the chance to pass rush or get after the RB. I wish they'd use him more in that role instead of dropping him back in coverage so much, but it is what it is with the ILB's in this defense.

steelchamp204
01-03-2013, 01:05 PM
I think he will be back for ONE more is all. Id love to see the Steelers draft a ILB to go along with Timmons, Foote played well, but mostly at the start of the season. Woodley needs to lose about 10-15 pounds in my opinion so he can get off the ball a little quicker and get around the edge better.

JollyRob68
01-03-2013, 04:03 PM
I'M STILL WAITING FOR KEITH BUTLER TO TAKE THE REIGNS.Sorry for the caps. Tough decisions need to be made and its time for the next generation of Steelers to take center stage. JAson Worilds needs to be on the field more so we can see what he has to offer. It's time just like when they dumped Joey P.

chisteeler
01-03-2013, 08:58 PM
The problem with drafting defensive players, which I agree that there are holes that need attention, is that they are wasted on the bench in favor of aging vets. The college game is not as fast as the pro level, but I see other teams starting rookies and they are making impacts. It just seems like a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.