PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall

Clevelandsux
12-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Im gonna say he's still our best rb. If someone could coach him up and teach him not to carry the ball like a loaf of bread he might be worth keeping. I've been the hugest critic of mendenhall. Should be an interesting offseason.

Nolrog
12-30-2012, 07:04 PM
I agree that Mendy is the teams best RB. I'll be surprised if he returns though.

tburg68
12-30-2012, 07:19 PM
I agree that Mendy is the teams best RB. I'll be surprised if he returns though.

This

ChucktownSteeler
12-30-2012, 07:30 PM
They can all go for as far as I am concerned. Worst stable of backs I have ever seen. Dwyer can't play 3 consecutive downs, Redman is situational at best, and Rainey isn't even a running back.

Goodfrom55
12-30-2012, 08:21 PM
Well if they do try to resign him, he should come cheap, and is the best RB on the current steelers roster.

tburg68
12-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Should be 1. Mendenhall 2. Dwyer 3. Rainey.

Doubt it will end up this way though.

jdehoff83
12-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Is there some way we can put them into a machine, turn tumble on, and get one complete back?

LatrobePA
12-30-2012, 09:03 PM

Agreed. Tomlin has a hard on for him!

LevonKirkland99
12-30-2012, 10:31 PM
Im gonna say he's still our best rb. If someone could coach him up and teach him not to carry the ball like a loaf of bread he might be worth keeping. I've been the hugest critic of mendenhall. Should be an interesting offseason.

That is his problem, he carries the ball like a loaf of bread.....We need to find a good RB in the draft

ChucktownSteeler
12-30-2012, 11:30 PM
That is his problem, he carries the ball like a loaf of bread.....We need to find a good RB in the draft

Plenty of decent backs will be available mid rounds. This should not be a problem.

polamalu43
12-31-2012, 07:19 PM
I'd take Mendenhall for 3 years $9 million still

LatrobePA
12-31-2012, 07:44 PM
Mendy is in the right system here with Haley but for some reason we stopped throwing to the RB...

Jillsguy1213
12-31-2012, 10:42 PM
Mendenhall is nothing more than a modern-day Greg Hawthorne from Baylor. We keot him around for too many seasons waiting for him to heal and produce.....never happened. Say "Good-bye, Mr Mendenhall.....". Too many fumbles.

Big T
01-01-2013, 01:01 AM
Never produced? Come on now. You may have issues with Mendenhall but he definitely had some productive seasons.

Farrior Fan
01-01-2013, 09:36 AM
Mendy would be great if he didn't fall down like Willie Parker (senses danger and goes down like a load of bricks) -and or- attempts to juke 6 times then spin and only confuses his o line.

He had a couple of good seasons but that was about 2 lifetimes ago in NFL RB terms. I wouldn't sign him for the league minimum when the damn Redskins - YES REDSKINS - feature back had way more yards rushing than our entire team. We need wholesale changes to the running game.

Real Deal Steel
01-01-2013, 10:57 AM

disagree. Judging by TOTAL overall skills that a rb is suppose to have, he's nowhere near the best. But it's quite possible we could upgrade even over Dwyer. But we have so many other needs.......

steelchamp204
01-01-2013, 04:49 PM
Mendy would be great if he didn't fall down like Willie Parker (senses danger and goes down like a load of bricks) -and or- attempts to juke 6 times then spin and only confuses his o line.

He had a couple of good seasons but that was about 2 lifetimes ago in NFL RB terms. I wouldn't sign him for the league minimum when the damn Redskins - YES REDSKINS - feature back had way more yards rushing than our entire team. We need wholesale changes to the running game.

:duh: The guy is only 25 years old. RB dont start dwindling until around 29

steelcityrockers
01-01-2013, 06:08 PM
disagree. Judging by TOTAL overall skills that a rb is suppose to have, he's nowhere near the best. But it's quite possible we could upgrade even over Dwyer. But we have so many other needs.......

Mreh? What are the skills a RB is supposed to have? Mendenhall has good hands, good speed, decent vision, aside from the Super Bowl and the one game a few weeks back doesn't put the ball on the ground frequently, good size, shifty, powerful, etc. etc.

He is easily the most physically gifted RB on the team. It's not even an argument, really.

Big T
01-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Mreh? What are the skills a RB is supposed to have? Mendenhall has good hands, good speed, decent vision, aside from the Super Bowl and the one game a few weeks back doesn't put the ball on the ground frequently, good size, shifty, powerful, etc. etc.

He is easily the most physically gifted RB on the team. It's not even an argument, really.

This...

Clevelandsux
01-01-2013, 08:56 PM
well we must get a comparable replacement. dwyer, redman and rainey are not the answer.

BlaZeQuietly
01-01-2013, 09:25 PM

Well he looks like he should be the best running back on the team, but he isn't I was very impressed seeing Redman just run straight forward and pick up 7-8 while plowing over the opponent, Dwyer is decent but has no stamina, Mendenhall though, he just dances towards the side lines, and seems to be physically weak compared to what he looks like. Bottom line is we need to acquire a good running back this off season, through the DRAFT or through FA, I'll keep saying it a good running back will make more of a difference than anything, assuming our O-line improves just a little bit to create holes. If the over all result of this off season boils down to us losing Wallace and gaining a good running back I would be fine with that.

steelchamp204
01-01-2013, 11:13 PM
I still say we need Mendy for next year and years to come, I think he will return to his old form if the team can stay healthy. If he will sign for the right price. In my opinion, I think he is ready to get out of Pittsburgh and looking for a fresh start elsewhere. I hope Im wrong.