PDA

View Full Version : Do you think if given the chance Mike Wallace would do it differently?

NorCalSteel
12-30-2012, 07:25 AM
I cant see how this year has improved his free agent worth? He had some of his lowest totals in along time. He might have cost himself enough money that the Steelers can now sign him for what they wanted to pay in the first place. This is not a Wallace bashing thread btw. I just think he handled his situation in a very poor way and cost himself allot of money.

scudmissile29
12-30-2012, 07:27 AM
It's what an illiterate hood rat does, he should've listened to DeSean Jackson. But we all know Mike's a dumbass and isn't all in there in the head.

So yes, he has cost himself a lot of money, probably $2-5m a year in loss now.

strummerfan
12-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Wallace is going to a team that will utilize his skill set. His game is about pure speed and he will go to a team that will use him in a vertical passing game. The easy money is on the Colts. He knows the system, quality young qb and 43 million dollars of cap room.

Speeed
12-30-2012, 10:30 AM
Ike Taylor covering Mike Wallace - I would love to see that matchup. I think Ike wins - about as fast and much bigger and stronger. But who knows, maybe Wallace finds some motivation for once.

SteelCityVoice
12-30-2012, 10:31 AM
You can have all the speed in the world but if you can't catch the ball....

jdehoff83
12-30-2012, 10:32 AM
Would he? Doubt it.. should he have? Yes... still think hes too young to be demanding the same as some proven receivers.

Goodfrom55
12-30-2012, 10:41 AM
If not the steelers, then i say the colts. To cover him, just get in his face. He can't handle physical press coverage.

Nolrog
12-30-2012, 10:43 AM
From the time I heard he was holding out, I felt that Wallace was not going to have a good year. He didn't wind up getting injured like I thought he would (happens a lot of times to hold outs.) He had a decent year, but not the monster year I still think he's capable of.

I don't think the Steelers went vertical enough with him. I think that's a missed opportunity; although, it did seem that Haley was trying to make him a more complete receiver with a lot of underneath stuff. However, if they stretched the filed more, the could have opened up more underneath stuff for Sanders, Brown and even Heath (who had an awesome year anyway.)

Zachintosh66
12-30-2012, 11:40 AM
his focus and demenor this year suggests, no

Stone
12-30-2012, 12:05 PM
1. You can't fix stupid.

2. Wallace is a pussy, he is scared to catch the ball in traffic, he is scared to go up for the ball.

TarlsQtr
12-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Both Wallace and AB were so caught up in being "Young Money" they forgot that you have to actually play the game. They look like fools out there, preening like a couple of b!tches. I agree with Zachintosh66 that it does not look promising but I do hope they both grow up.

SteelerCountry58
12-30-2012, 12:29 PM
I see him going elsewhere,mainly because he's one of the poster children of spoiled bitches.
At this point I don't care about his crap. This team needs a attitude blood infusion.
All the cancerous ********s need to be cut out and replaced with real men not divas.

LevonKirkland99
12-30-2012, 12:35 PM
We may regret this move, but Wallace just bouggt his ticket out of Pittsburgh by his holdout....All the Wallace fanboys willnshed a tear ;)

North Steel
12-30-2012, 12:57 PM
Fu#k this idot,this dick is all about him and nothing else.

steelers4life66
12-30-2012, 01:12 PM
Wallace is going to a team that will utilize his skill set. His game is about pure speed and he will go to a team that will use him in a vertical passing game. The easy money is on the Colts. He knows the system, quality young qb and 43 million dollars of cap room.
Don't know how much cap room they have but, I'd like to see him go to the Skins. Give RG3 someone to trow to. I like that guy.

Jillsguy1213
12-30-2012, 03:01 PM
It's time to fire Mike Tomlin. Yes he did go to 2 super bowls with teams built by Bill Cower, et al. So what has he done except tolerate "jive-assed" behavior by the homeboys he likes!?! I do not think fans desire to breech this subject but the truth is in the performance of his sub-par efforts. He makes a good defensive coordinator....that's all. As well, I cannot believe that outrageously poor conditioning of Steeler players, especially the old and overweight offensive lineman (for the most part)

jdehoff83
12-30-2012, 03:09 PM
It's time to fire Mike Tomlin. Yes he did go to 2 super bowls with teams built by Bill Cower, et al. ;So what has he done except tolerate "jive-assed" behavior by the homeboys he likes!?! I do not think fans desire to breech this subject but the truth is in the performance of his sub-par efforts. He makes a good defensive coordinator....that's all. As well, I cannot believe that outrageously poor conditioning of Steeler players, especially the old and overweight offensive lineman (for the most part)

Wow.

scudmissile29
12-30-2012, 03:15 PM
It's time to fire Mike Tomlin. Yes he did go to 2 super bowls with teams built by Bill Cower, et al. So what has he done except tolerate "jive-assed" behavior by the homeboys he likes!?! I do not think fans desire to breech this subject but the truth is in the performance of his sub-par efforts. He makes a good defensive coordinator....that's all. As well, I cannot believe that outrageously poor conditioning of Steeler players, especially the old and overweight offensive lineman (for the most part)

his 1 season as defensive co-ordinator he was ranked 25th in minnesota, hardly a great d-cord.

Jillsguy1213
12-30-2012, 03:24 PM
Send him to Dallas. He and Jerry can play.

greg1964
12-30-2012, 04:40 PM
"It's time to fire Mike Tomlin. Yes he did go to 2 super bowls with teams built by Bill Cower, et al. So what has he done except tolerate "jive-assed" behavior by the homeboys he likes!?! I do not think fans desire to breech this subject but the truth is in the performance of his sub-par efforts. He makes a good defensive coordinator....that's all. As well, I cannot believe that outrageously poor conditioning of Steeler players, especially the old and overweight offensive lineman (for the most part)"

That one more Super Bowl then Cowder did with the same team:

NeilPatrickBanana
12-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Why do people think the colts will use so much cap space to improve their deepest position?

LatrobePA
12-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Nope Wallace is a c**k!

Nolrog
12-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Wow, so much hatred in this thread. The bottom line with Wallace is very simple. The Steelers are a better team with him than without him. I hope they can agree to a contract, but I don't think it will happen. So we'll be looking for a fast WR in the middle of the draft.

LatrobePA
12-30-2012, 06:48 PM
The offense this year was dreadful! Wallace or no Wallace! He sure as hell didn't help!

ChucktownSteeler
12-30-2012, 07:35 PM
Good luck to him, but he won't be back.

tburg68
12-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Another assinine, thoughtless, crap spewing thread. The Steelers are better with Wallace than without him. I still can't see them just letting him walk away. The Steelers could still offer something in the 5-$50 million range. If not, I see a franchise tag. You don't let that speed walk away and get nothing in return.

TarlsQtr
12-30-2012, 08:09 PM
Another assinine, thoughtless, crap spewing thread. The Steelers are better with Wallace than without him. I still can't see them just letting him walk away. The Steelers could still offer something in the 5-$50 million range. If not, I see a franchise tag. You don't let that speed walk away and get nothing in return.

Yeah, but the only thing worse than not paying a guy that deserves X amount of money is paying him too much. The team is better with Mike, but not at the price he will get as a franchise tag. If he would sign in the vicinity of AB money (maybe a little more to soothe his ego), do it.

That said, I would not be too worried if we went into next season with AB, Sanders, Cotch, Plaxico, and a rookie project. IMO, that is a solid crew.

tburg68
12-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Yeah, but the only thing worse than not paying a guy that deserves X amount of money is paying him too much. The team is better with Mike, but not at the price he will get as a franchise tag. If he would sign in the vicinity of AB money (maybe a little more to soothe his ego), do it.

That said, I would not be too worried if we went into next season with AB, Sanders, Cotch, Plaxico, and a rookie project. IMO, that is a solid crew.

Cap hit is a little more than $10 mil. AB is making what $9? AB & Sanders aren't potential for #1 receivers. Weakens the whole crew.

Nolrog
12-30-2012, 09:26 PM
Cap hit is a little more than $10 mil. AB is making what $9? AB & Sanders aren't potential for #1 receivers. Weakens the whole crew.

Brown's cap hit next year will be 6.2 million.

Jillsguy1213
12-30-2012, 09:37 PM
I still believe Steelers will ne better off without Wallace. The man is self-centered and self-serving and (my humble opinion) will perform ONLY if the franchise will pay him what HE wants, not what he deserves.

Jillsguy1213
12-30-2012, 09:42 PM
Respectfully I disagree. He had one good season last year and then demands big bucks. "Show me sustainable performance s and then the front office will show you da money".

Jillsguy1213
12-30-2012, 09:45 PM
We let a Superbowl MVP go and we did fine without the character issues, sir.

LatrobePA
12-30-2012, 10:32 PM

Yea since he had a huge year, the f**cker gave less then 50% this season. No way in hell does he deserve a big contract, F him let him walk.

Real Deal Steel
12-30-2012, 11:58 PM
From the time I heard he was holding out, I felt that Wallace was not going to have a good year. He didn't wind up getting injured like I thought he would (happens a lot of times to hold outs.) He had a decent year, but not the monster year I still think he's capable of.

I don't think the Steelers went vertical enough with him. I think that's a missed opportunity; although, it did seem that Haley was trying to make him a more complete receiver with a lot of underneath stuff. However, if they stretched the filed more, the could have opened up more underneath stuff for Sanders, Brown and even Heath (who had an awesome year anyway.)

I posted an article at the beginning of the season on how guys who hold out usually have a crappy season. Wallace slit his own throat for this year.

Real Deal Steel
12-31-2012, 12:00 AM
Yea since he had a huge year, the f**cker gave less then 50% this season. No way in hell does he deserve a big contract, F him let him walk.

Thank you. There is an old saying, " You don't reward bad behavior". When kids act bad, do you give them a lolly pop??? No. Wallace at the maximum doesn't deserve any more money then what AB was paid.