PDA

View Full Version : Steelers feature the most in "sports illustrated footballs greatest".

Steel and Gold
12-29-2012, 09:07 PM
It was basically a book of top ten lists. I'd recomend to any footballs fan looking to get in a debate. But for steelers fans who don't care, here's the list for each list

-QBs #10 Terry Bradshaw

-RBs none

-WRs #10 Hines Ward

-TEs none

-OL #5 Mike Webster

-DL #2 Mean Joe Greene

-LBs #4 Jack Lambert

-DBs #3 Rod Woodson and #7 Mel Blount

-Coaches #4 Chuck Noll

-Games #7 Super bowl 43 and #9 Super Bowl 13

-Plays #1 The Immaculate Reception,#4 Santonio Holmes SB TD,#6 Harrison's SB runback, and #9 Lynn Swans catch in SB 10

-Single season teams #10 1978 steelers

-Stadiums none

-Franchise #2 was the steelers but I wrote another thread about why I feel the packers shouldn't be #1 or at least not better than the steelers

-rivalries #2 steelers-ravens

-uniforms #3 steelers

You can check out the book to see the other teams and just to get in more detail.
Steelers had the most big moments when added up and the most players.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-29-2012, 09:41 PM
I know there have been a ton of great LB's in the history of the league but the Steelers have had some of the best. Lambert is well deserving but Ham was huge too.

Raleigh Steel
12-30-2012, 06:52 AM
Mean joe Greene was #2??????

Steel and Gold
12-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Mean joe Greene was #2??????

#1 reggie white

TarlsQtr
12-30-2012, 09:12 PM
#1 reggie white

Extra points for sleep apnia.

TarlsQtr
12-30-2012, 09:13 PM
It was basically a book of top ten lists. I'd recomend to any footballs fan looking to get in a debate. But for steelers fans who don't care, here's the list for each list

-QBs #10 Terry Bradshaw

-RBs none

-WRs #10 Hines Ward

-TEs none

-OL #5 Mike Webster

-DL #2 Mean Joe Greene

-LBs #4 Jack Lambert

-DBs #3 Rod Woodson and #7 Mel Blount

-Coaches #4 Chuck Noll

-Games #7 Super bowl 43 and #9 Super Bowl 13

-Plays #1 The Immaculate Reception,#4 Santonio Holmes SB TD,#6 Harrison's SB runback, and #9 Lynn Swans catch in SB 10

-Single season teams #10 1978 steelers

-Stadiums none

-Franchise #2 was the steelers but I wrote another thread about why I feel the packers shouldn't be #1 or at least not better than the steelers

-rivalries #2 steelers-ravens

-uniforms #3 steelers

You can check out the book to see the other teams and just to get in more detail.
Steelers had the most big moments when added up and the most players.

I believe Blount should be significantly higher. For Pete's sake, they completely changed the rules of the game because of him and he STILL dominated.