PDA

View Full Version : Why Does Pittsburgh Hate Star QBs?

Get7With7
12-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Seriously, why does Pittsburgh hate our own star QBs? Ben has been getting it bad for the past two weeks over a bad throw in Dallas in OT and a bad game against the Bengals, but he's clearly no where close to being the Steelers' biggest problem. Oh, and Terry Bradshaw - the guy who won four super bowls - he got it worse than Ben even has from the fan base.

Is this actually how Pittsburgh feels, or is it just a vocal, crackpot minority? Do fans just want a team that's all about running and defense? Yinzer nation never realized how good Bradshaw was until after he left, and it looks like they'll never appreciate Ben until after he retires. Granted, many of the posters on this forum seem much more rational about Ben. Go to other Steelers forums or listen to the talk shows on the radio and the Ben bashing is relentless to the point where it's not about two bad games, but rather complete and utter hatred. Also, if it came between keeping Ben and Haley, Ben has to go and the OC that never won anything should stay, according to the angry crowd in Pittsburgh.

Crash
12-29-2012, 11:37 AM
Yep, that's how silly the fan base is.

I was leaving the first Chargers game in 2008, some 60 year old geezer was bashing Ben the entire way out and he yells "Rivers is TWICE the QB Roethlisberger is".

Btw, Ben had 300 yards that day, Rivers had three turnovers.

Ben will always be the guy who got away with rape.

Just like Kordell will always be the guy who was blowing guys in public parks.

Funny though, Charlie Batch has remained a hero since day one. Despite HIS past allegations.

scudmissile29
12-29-2012, 11:56 AM
most americans are retarded, americans dont see this but other countries do.

just remember this.

that is why unemployment rates are so high, if pittsburgh bashes its own elite qb.

they dont win them every season.

Goodfrom55
12-29-2012, 12:15 PM
Yes, Ben did not play well the past 2 weeks or for that matter, since coming back from injury. But to bash him is a little over the top. he is an elite QB who has bailed this team out of more than one meltdown since he has been here. I mean this, not just because I am a Steelers fan, but there is not one QB I would take over Ben.

Sometimes you have to take the bad with the good. In Ben's case, for every one bad, there are about 10 good. Lighten up people. If we're lucky, we'll only have Ben for about another 6-8 years - and then what?

Crash
12-29-2012, 12:35 PM
I don't see Ben extending if they want to continue playing this way, I just don't.

Ben is the ultimate competitor and this offense turns him into Trent Dilfer until the last two minutes of a half or game.

You can't win like that anymore. Roger Goodell's NFL means you MUST score points. You must value offense, and you must value scoring.

This slow, plodding, baby crawl mentality of Art II was doomed from the start.

We'll see if he's man enough to admit it.

steelchamp204
12-29-2012, 01:04 PM

just remember this.

that is why unemployment rates are so high, if pittsburgh bashes its own elite qb.

hey, easy with the country bashing eh? Thanks.

Real Deal Steel
12-29-2012, 01:14 PM
If someone doesn't like America, they are free to leave. No one is holding them hostage here.

jdehoff83
12-29-2012, 01:38 PM
I would take ben over most any qb out there right now.. hes human! Every qb throws picks and has bad games...i dont hold that against him. Rivers is an arrogant prick hes not better than ben sorry.. if it came down to ben or haley bye haley he hasn't proven anything nor do i think he will

Raleigh Steel
12-29-2012, 01:49 PM
Just for the record, Philip rivers is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. He does talk talk trash on the field which you can take it or leave it. But I used to be one of his RAs at nc state. He was a model student and citizen. A great family man as well.

It doesn't matter if you ever like him or not but his football persona is the exact opposite of who he is in real life.

Get7With7
12-29-2012, 01:50 PM
I also think some of the Ben hate this season comes from the fact Art Rooney II wanted Todd Haley. If you blame Haley for bad play calling and for building an offense that doesn't fit the personnel, then you're also blaming Art Rooney II - huge no no in this town. Gotta rip into the QB as hard and as loudly as possible to protect the owner's image.

jdehoff83
12-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Just for the record, Philip rivers is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. He does talk talk trash on the field which you can take it or leave it. But I used to be one of his RAs at nc state. He was a model student and citizen. A great family man as well.

It doesn't matter if you ever like him or not but his football persona is the exact opposite of who he is in real life.

And i should admire him because he has a jekyl hyde thing goin on? I admire tebow more and he couldnt hit the broad side of a fn barn

Raleigh Steel
12-29-2012, 02:18 PM
And i should admire him because he has a jekyl hyde thing goin on? I admire tebow more and he couldnt hit the broad side of a fn barn

admire who you want to admire. my point was that you called him an arrogant prick, and he really isn't like that at all. hell, you can continue hating on him all you want, but most players don't match the persona on the field. that's all i'm saying. rivers is far from an arrogant prick in real life.

Crash
12-29-2012, 02:49 PM
He's a trash talking douche who hasn't won anything.

Wake me up when he does.

Clevelandsux
12-29-2012, 03:10 PM
pittsburgh has never been great to any qbs. Almost ran Bradshaw out of town early in his career. Made small minded comments about Kordell being gay or having sex with Cowher or little boys. Threw stuff at Cliff Stoudt. Threw trash in tommy maddox's yard. But like many NFL cities, they'll hate you when you lose, love you when you win. Just the way things are.

My problem with Ben isn't his performances. My issues with him have been his dumb decision making off the field. Getting on a motorcycle and almost getting killed, and for the most part ruining the 2006 season. Plus all the rape allegations etc. It's been a blackeye on the franchise. I'm hoping he is growing up now since he has a family now.

jdehoff83
12-29-2012, 03:10 PM
He's a trash talking douche who hasn't won anything.

Wake me up when he does.
Second that

Clevelandsux
12-29-2012, 03:12 PM

Rivers is a punk.

Ibleedblk&gld
12-29-2012, 03:14 PM

he hit Thomas pretty good against us in OT last postseason...

Crash
12-29-2012, 03:18 PM
But all this team has done with Ben is win. And they still hate him.

Like I said, I hope they get their wish.

We'll see how many "die hards" flock to Heinz Field after a few 4-12 seasons.

jdehoff83
12-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Im sure rex ryan is a nice guy too.. long story short nobody wants to hear the bs especially when your team sucks..and nobody wants to hear lip from a qb period

jdehoff83
12-29-2012, 03:22 PM
he hit Thomas pretty good against us in OT last postseason...

Lol yea he did... but hey even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile

Ibleedblk&gld
12-29-2012, 03:23 PM
well he found the golden acorn that night...

Crash
12-29-2012, 03:25 PM
Rex was under-minded by his owner who brought the Tebow circus to town.

Steel and Gold
12-29-2012, 03:26 PM
There's nobody to blame or hate.

This might have been one of the unluckiest seasons the franchise has had.

1. You realize Ryan Clark can never play in Denver

2. You lose Harrison for a lot of the season.

3. You lose troy for basically the WHOLE season.

4. Then you lose BEN for 3 weeks and when he finally comes back it's too late cause he's not 100%.

This season was an anomaly. They'll be back next year.

Crash
12-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Ben's injury was a non factor. Was he hurt when he threw that ball 60 yards to Wallace?

We lost because we are too concerned with tradition, and not concerned enough about scoring points.

JollyRob68
12-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Ben went back to being Sandlot Ben instead of following Haley's plan. When Ben Followed Haley's Script he was being talked about as a MVP candidate. Then he got hurt and choked from the pressure and reverted back to "I know what I'm doing Ben". Several Games they lost because Ben didn't follow his reads. Several times the checkdown was wide open,Wallace was open but he kept looking for brown. He went away from Miller when Miller was killing teams. Then the following week when everyones talking about Miller he overtargets him and pick 6.

Clevelandsux
12-29-2012, 03:56 PM
I like Ben as a football player, but not so much as a person. My favorite player is Heath miller. All he does is go out and play. You never hear his name in the news for anything. We don't know if his wife is pregnant. Etc. I root for these people to win football games. I liked ward and Bettis a lot as people. Woodley and Troy also.

Get7With7
12-29-2012, 04:11 PM
Ben went back to being Sandlot Ben instead of following Haley's plan. When Ben Followed Haley's Script he was being talked about as a MVP candidate. Then he got hurt and choked from the pressure and reverted back to "I know what I'm doing Ben". Several Games they lost because Ben didn't follow his reads. Several times the checkdown was wide open,Wallace was open but he kept looking for brown. He went away from Miller when Miller was killing teams. Then the following week when everyones talking about Miller he overtargets him and pick 6.

Ben followed Haley's plan? It was more like Ben bailing out Haley on third down. You put Brady and Manning in for that many third and longs, you might as well start making preparations for their funerals.

LevonKirkland99
12-29-2012, 04:24 PM
how about better decision making and execution from the QB in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter

Get7With7
12-29-2012, 04:45 PM
how about better decision making and execution from the QB in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter

I'm sure Ben wish he could've done better. But how about not playing Marty ball for the first 58 minutes of a game and instead let Ben and the offense try to win the game early? Remember what the Denver game was like:

1st down: Run up the middle
2nd down: Run up the middle
3rd down: OMG BEN HELP!

In that situation, the QB won't succeed often. Too many fans don't seem to understand that. The fact that Ben's QB rating was so high on third down before the injury should tell you not just how good he is, but also how under-used he is.

Ibleedblk&gld
12-29-2012, 04:46 PM
you don't like:

run, run, pass, punt?

Get7With7
12-29-2012, 04:50 PM
you don't like:

run, run, pass, punt?

Coach Art does

steelers4life66
12-29-2012, 04:57 PM

just remember this.

:troll2:

Crash
12-29-2012, 05:07 PM

That's bull crap.

3rd down in Dallas, 7 yards away from FG range.

3 wides running pass patterns, Redman and Heath were blocking.

Who's the checkdown?

3rd and 8 against the Bengals from their 40.

Wallace runs a 5 yard pattern and STOPS, short of the sticks. It's BACKUP TIGHT END DAVID PAULSON WHO WAS SENT DEEP ON THE PLAY.

Haley's whole line of thinking is trying to fool people: "Oh gee I'll send Paulson deep, they'll never think of that"

He should have stuck to just using his athletes.

Crash
12-29-2012, 05:09 PM

Have to use him first.

Crash
12-29-2012, 05:09 PM
I liked ward and Bettis a lot as people.

And you dislike Ben?

Hahahahahahaha

Get7With7
12-29-2012, 05:14 PM
Wallace runs a 5 yard pattern and STOPS, short of the sticks. It's BACKUP TIGHT END DAVID PAULSON WHO WAS SENT DEEP ON THE PLAY.

Haley's whole line of thinking is trying to fool people: "Oh gee I'll send Paulson deep, they'll never think of that"

Arians got crucified for that kind of stuff, but Haley gets a pass and the blame for it gets deflected to Ben so it won't seem like anyone is criticizing the Art Rooney hire.

steelers4life66
12-29-2012, 05:29 PM
My favorite player is Heath miller. All he does is go out and play. You never hear his name in the news for anything. We don't know if his wife is pregnant. Etc. I root for these people to win football games. I liked ward and Bettis a lot as people. Woodley and Troy also.

Millers my fav also. what I love about the guy is he makes a big play, you don't see him jump up and start dancing all over the place like a lot of players. He just jumps up and runs back to the huddle. He's nothing but football for 60 min.

Ibleedblk&gld
12-29-2012, 05:33 PM
Millers my fav also. what I love about the guy is he makes a big play, you don't see him jump up and start dancing all over the place like a lot of players. He just jumps up and runs back to the huddle. He's nothing but football for 60 min.

this...like the old saying goes when scoring a TD, "act like you've been there before"...this showboating **** is getting old and as much as I love AB, his stupid 1st down antics are chapping my ***...Seeing Keisel get flagged on sunday for doing his routine "one knee bow and arrow" celebration should have been enough for Tomlin to put a foot in everyone's *** as far as celebrations

Stone
12-29-2012, 05:43 PM

just remember this.

It's actually kind of a compliment to Americans that a complete and total dipshit like you thinks we're stupid. Now if someone with an IQ higher than their age said it, I'd be upset:lol:

polamalu43
12-29-2012, 07:07 PM
A big part of our offence this year was the lack of running game. We got a few lucky runs but otherwise I don't think our current backs could get a first down if they were handed the ball 3 times in a row.

We would run for 1 yard, run for 2 yards..........pass. We need a solid RB that will get the rock 18 to 25 times a game. Not 3 guys getting 8 carries each!!

Crash
12-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Rotating backs is Haley's calling card.

The only time the run game worked was when injuries forced him not to.

JoeSteelerFan
12-29-2012, 08:56 PM
Seriously, why does Pittsburgh hate our own star QBs? Ben has been getting it bad for the past two weeks over a bad throw in Dallas in OT and a bad game against the Bengals, but he's clearly no where close to being the Steelers' biggest problem. Oh, and Terry Bradshaw - the guy who won four super bowls - he got it worse than Ben even has from the fan base.

Is this actually how Pittsburgh feels, or is it just a vocal, crackpot minority? Do fans just want a team that's all about running and defense? Yinzer nation never realized how good Bradshaw was until after he left, and it looks like they'll never appreciate Ben until after he retires. Granted, many of the posters on this forum seem much more rational about Ben. Go to other Steelers forums or listen to the talk shows on the radio and the Ben bashing is relentless to the point where it's not about two bad games, but rather complete and utter hatred. Also, if it came between keeping Ben and Haley, Ben has to go and the OC that never won anything should stay, according to the angry crowd in Pittsburgh.

The disdain people show for Roethlisberger (note I didn't categorize as "Hate") isn't about Ben's ability, many Steeler fans have chosen NOT to like Ben because of his personality quirks.

And let's make no mistake about it ... HE DOES HAVE THEM.

Ben has an ego the size of Texas. Ben is a drama queen. Ben isn't a natural leader of men (meaning people don't look up to him for his intellect or his work ethic), Ben isn't the face of the franchise (as much as the Steelers wanted him to be in the onset of his career), Ben has displayed a significant amount of immaturity over the years, Ben has had his share of legal troubles which all dealt with issues of his own integrity being placed in to question.

Add all these things up, and it's easy to see why people have placed him in the "Douchebag" category. Ben has been a dick to many (see "Ego" issues) in the media over the years.

Now Ben wants to re-brand himself as a more mature and married version of old Ben and some people just aren't that forgiving. See, so this really isn't about football, we all pretty much agree Ben is the epitome of raw talent that has brought new Lombardi metal into the trophy cases down at 100 Art Rooney Avenue.

This is totally about Ben and his personality.

~ The End

<..... drops mike .... walks offstage>

steelcity73
12-30-2012, 12:29 AM

just remember this.

go play with a couple sticks of dynamite or a can of gasoline you moron!!!

Get7With7
12-30-2012, 12:48 AM
The disdain people show for Roethlisberger (note I didn't categorize as "Hate") isn't about Ben's ability, many Steeler fans have chosen NOT to like Ben because of his personality quirks.

And let's make no mistake about it ... HE DOES HAVE THEM.

Ben has an ego the size of Texas. Ben is a drama queen. Ben isn't a natural leader of men (meaning people don't look up to him for his intellect or his work ethic), Ben isn't the face of the franchise (as much as the Steelers wanted him to be in the onset of his career), Ben has displayed a significant amount of immaturity over the years, Ben has had his share of legal troubles which all dealt with issues of his own integrity being placed in to question.

Add all these things up, and it's easy to see why people have placed him in the "Douchebag" category. Ben has been a dick to many (see "Ego" issues) in the media over the years.

Now Ben wants to re-brand himself as a more mature and married version of old Ben and some people just aren't that forgiving. See, so this really isn't about football, we all pretty much agree Ben is the epitome of raw talent that has brought new Lombardi metal into the trophy cases down at 100 Art Rooney Avenue.

This is totally about Ben and his personality.

~ The End

<..... drops mike .... walks offstage>

This is typical of the Ben bashing. It's because of his supposed big ego that he threw those INTs. Do all the other QBs that have more INTs on the season than Ben have bigger egos?

And after hearing the words "attitude problem," Ben isn't exactly the first Steeler I think of. I think of all the young punks who act like they've won something when they haven't.

Crash
12-30-2012, 01:15 AM
Pittsburgh people are morons. Anyone who is young, rich, and successful gets their wrath the minute they **** up.

Bill Cowher was beloved Crafton Bill from 1992-1997.

When 1998 and 1999 came about and the Steelers were losing he all of the sudden was having affairs with secretary's and having an RO filed against him by Kaye.

Ben's "personality" is that he's not an ***-kisser. I don't give a flying **** about rumors and allegations. I'll let the fact that the key leaders of this team, REAL leaders like Miller, Hoke, Polamalu, Aaron Smith, and Brett Keisel are among his closest teammates as well as his offensive line.

In fact the ONLY players ever to rip Ben for anything were Hines and Najeh Davenport, hardly two people with solid character.

Ben WAS/IS the face of this franchise.

And that drove Hines Ward crazy.

Crash
12-30-2012, 01:17 AM
Pittsburgh only "loved" Robert Clemente after his plane crashed in San Juan also.

JoeSteelerFan
12-30-2012, 09:24 AM
This is typical of the Ben bashing. It's because of his supposed big ego that he threw those INTs. Do all the other QBs that have more INTs on the season than Ben have bigger egos?

And after hearing the words "attitude problem," Ben isn't exactly the first Steeler I think of. I think of all the young punks who act like they've won something when they haven't.

Two things: 1) Ben's ego isn't a "supposed big ego" ... it's not like it's some veiled secret or a conspiracy theory like Sasquatch. It's well known and it's been validated time and again. Hell, his own teammates in the past have called him on it. That's about as real as it can get.

2) Ben's ego has nothing to do with INT's. Not sure where you were going with this diatribe

Like I said, Ben is Ben .... he'll never be a Peyton Manning or a Tom Brady on or off the field. Ben disappointed many fans over the years with his behavior and his aloof demeanor. He may never get some peoples trust back, some he may.

Personally, I just want him to play good football.

Get7With7
12-30-2012, 09:53 AM
Two things: 1) Ben's ego isn't a "supposed big ego" ... it's not like it's some veiled secret or a conspiracy theory like Sasquatch. It's well known and it's been validated time and again. Hell, his own teammates in the past have called him on it. That's about as real as it can get.

2) Ben's ego has nothing to do with INT's. Not sure where you were going with this diatribe

Like I said, Ben is Ben .... he'll never be a Peyton Manning or a Tom Brady on or off the field. Ben disappointed many fans over the years with his behavior and his aloof demeanor. He may never get some peoples trust back, some he may.

Personally, I just want him to play good football.

Some of us really can't move on from that can we? You're talking about stuff that happened 4 years ago. Is it possible that maybe he grew up and realized he can't do that kind of stuff anymore. Getting married and having a child would support that claim.

But if James Harrison smacks his wife, no one says a thing.

Nolrog
12-30-2012, 10:37 AM
Over the last couple years, we've seen Ben get the ball late in the game with a chance to drive for the winning score and he hasn't been able to get the job done. Several of those times, we saw him come up with a big INT. We saw that a couple times this year, and I believe we saw it in last year's playoff loss to Denver. This is something he's excelled at in his career. Now, I know that the INTs, especially the one from last year in the playoff loss was all Haley's fault, even though he wasn't employed by the team at the time, but this is something that needs to be improved upon.

Get7With7
12-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Over the last couple years, we've seen Ben get the ball late in the game with a chance to drive for the winning score and he hasn't been able to get the job done. Several of those times, we saw him come up with a big INT. We saw that a couple times this year, and I believe we saw it in last year's playoff loss to Denver. This is something he's excelled at in his career. Now, I know that the INTs, especially the one from last year in the playoff loss was all Haley's fault, even though he wasn't employed by the team at the time, but this is something that needs to be improved upon.

In last year's playoff loss to Denver we saw Ike get burned on the first play in OT. How was that Ben's fault?

Anyways, maybe they should let Ben win the game early instead of waiting for the last two minutes. All of this year the Steelers tried to grind out wins playing Marty ball, and hope Ben pulled a miracle out of his *** in the end. Brady's team and Manning's team actually allow them to go to work early on in the game, but the Steelers won't do that with Ben. Their afraid if the offense scores quickly then they might get into a shootout.

JoeSteelerFan
12-30-2012, 11:03 AM
Some of us really can't move on from that can we? You're talking about stuff that happened 4 years ago. Is it possible that maybe he grew up and realized he can't do that kind of stuff anymore. Getting married and having a child would support that claim.

But if James Harrison smacks his wife, no one says a thing.

If you're talking directly to me I'll say this: I don't get personally invested in football players. I don't give a **** who they are or what they believe in ... OFF THE FIELD. My rules as a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers are simple:

1) Don't embarrass the organization that I cheer for.

I respect the Pittsburgh Steelers organization because they're part of my DNA. The way I see it, I've been here a hell of a lot longer than some of these kids that don the uniform from other places in the world, and I'll be here long after they're gone.

2) Commit yourself to nothing but excellence as a football player and play good football.

That's it! .... seems simple, don't you think? There's no rule that says I have to stand behind them if they can't live up to my rules. I'm not a rah-rah kind of fan. I don't put "yinzer" glasses on and excuse poor play. That doesn't make me any less of a fan, after all, someone needs to keep it real and keep it honest.

With regard to James Harrison: Let's be fair and say that James wasn't a 1st round draft choice and the franchise QB of the team. There's a certain expectation and responsibility that comes with being a 1st round pick and signing a $100M contract.

Some can handle that responsibility and even embrace it ..... some can't.

TarlsQtr
12-30-2012, 11:38 AM
I believe the premise of this thread is a false one. Although I do not live in Pittsburgh and cannot answer to what happens there, I do not see any hatred towards Ben in the rest of "Steeler Nation." I see some disappointment, maybe even disillusionment in his past behavior but not hatred. It is kind of like if your kid was picked up for a DUI, you would be PO'd but not hate him.

As far as his play, he has not been very good the second half of this season (I have wondered if spending time with his new kid has trumped the film room, a very natural urge for a new parent). However, when you consistently count on one man to pull your fat from the fire, he is going to fail occasionally. The Steelers under Tomlin-and even under Cowher-have had a "play close games and win at the end" mentality. This is fine when you have a young or crappy QB but we do not. We do need to be more aggressive on both sides of the ball. Instead of looking to keep it close and hope the D or Ben bails us out, go full throttle and put the opposing team into panic mode. It limits the exposure of both Ben and the D when the game is on the line. We then do not have as many dolts saying Dick Lebeau has lost it or that Ben needs to go.

In the end, Ben has earned his reputation and lack of complete adoration from the fans that many QBs get. I do not encourage my son to idolize athletes, but it would be Troy and Heath (Aaron Smith before retirement) long before Ben came to mind. That said, I still do not see hate.

Get7With7
12-30-2012, 11:57 AM
I believe the premise of this thread is a false one. Although I do not live in Pittsburgh and cannot answer to what happens there, I do not see any hatred towards Ben in the rest of "Steeler Nation." I see some disappointment, maybe even disillusionment in his past behavior but not hatred. It is kind of like if your kid was picked up for a DUI, you would be PO'd but not hate him.

As far as his play, he has not been very good the second half of this season (I have wondered if spending time with his new kid has trumped the film room, a very natural urge for a new parent). However, when you consistently count on one man to pull your fat from the fire, he is going to fail occasionally. The Steelers under Tomlin-and even under Cowher-have had a "play close games and win at the end" mentality. This is fine when you have a young or crappy QB but we do not. We do need to be more aggressive on both sides of the ball. Instead of looking to keep it close and hope the D or Ben bails us out, go full throttle and put the opposing team into panic mode. It limits the exposure of both Ben and the D when the game is on the line. We then do not have as many dolts saying Dick Lebeau has lost it or that Ben needs to go.

In the end, Ben has earned his reputation and lack of complete adoration from the fans that many QBs get. I do not encourage my son to idolize athletes, but it would be Troy and Heath (Aaron Smith before retirement) long before Ben came to mind. That said, I still do not see hate.

There's definitely a vocal group in Pittsburgh that hates Ben and believes the team is better off without him. Some of them can't get over the off-field issues from a few years ago, others just hate star QBs and want running and defense only. Go to other Steelers forums or listen to talk shows. The question is weather or not this is a majority of Pittsburgh or just a small, vocal crackpot minority.

Stone
12-30-2012, 12:01 PM
We don't hate em, we critique them:lol:

Living 45 minutes south of Cleveland you see the effect that a team has on it's fans. Cleveland fans are delusional from decades of sucking and Steeler fans are spoiled by decades of superiority.

We know what good football looks like and we know when someone is a mess, Ben has been a mess since coming back! What we may not be good at is understanding that there is so much more that effects what we see on the field! Ben's inaccuracy and poor decisions may be caused by his injuries and the inability to do what he normally does.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Get7With7
12-30-2012, 12:02 PM
With regard to James Harrison: Let's be fair and say that James wasn't a 1st round draft choice and the franchise QB of the team. There's a certain expectation and responsibility that comes with being a 1st round pick and signing a $100M contract.

Some can handle that responsibility and even embrace it ..... some can't.

Careful now, setting different standards because of when you were drafted or if you were undrafted is dangerous. In fact IMO, double-standards have been one of Tomlin's weaknesses. Some players get benched for bad play, others don't.