PDA

View Full Version : Wasn't all bad in 2012, was it? There were some individual highlights.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2012, 10:54 AM
There were some highlights this season, maybe not so much in the scoring dept but several players really stepped up this season and did their part to help the team, and then some.

Big game wins did come against the Ravens and Giants.

Big performances throughout the season:

Ramon Foster - Rock solid nearly all year long, played multiple positions and was the 2nd most healthy player next to Starks.
Max Starks - definitely the most consistent and healthy lineman all year long.
Keenan Lewis - Showed he's ready to take the next step into a top corner in the league.
Cortez Allen - valuable experience all year long, had some growing pains, but overall has a bright future.
Heath Miller - goes without saying, team MVP and most consistent, best player on offense all year.
Larry Foote - shared team lead in tackles all year long with Timmons; had a solid year overall, very productive.
Lawrence Timmons - showed again why he's a top MLB in the NFL and very underrated rushing the QB from the middle.
Shaun Suisham - Only had 3 misses this season; one was a bad snap and two were down the middle but just didn't have the leg for the distance.

Mike Wallace's circus between the knees catch is probably the best catch all year, by anyone.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-28-2012, 11:00 AM
There were some highlights this season, maybe not so much in the scoring dept but several players really stepped up this season and did their part to help the team, and then some.

Big game wins did come against the Ravens and Giants.

Big performances throughout the season:

Ramon Foster - Rock solid nearly all year long, played multiple positions and was the 2nd most healthy player next to Starks.
Max Starks - definitely the most consistent and healthy lineman all year long.
Keenan Lewis - Showed he's ready to take the next step into a top corner in the league.
Cortez Allen - valuable experience all year long, had some growing pains, but overall has a bright future.
Heath Miller - goes without saying, team MVP and most consistent, best player on offense all year.
Larry Foote - shared team lead in tackles all year long with Timmons; had a solid year overall, very productive.
Lawrence Timmons - showed again why he's a top MLB in the NFL and very underrated rushing the QB from the middle.
Shaun Suisham - Only had 3 misses this season; one was a bad snap and two were down the middle but just didn't have the leg for the distance.

Mike Wallace's circus between the knees catch is probably the best catch all year, by anyone.

I'd like to add:
Ryan Clark - The league's most underappreciated FS
Will Allen - Surprised everyone with his ability to play above the line on a weekly basis (He could also make the list for simply not being Ryan Mundy)

ChucktownSteeler
12-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Max Starks - Unsung hero! What are the chances he is back next season?

jdehoff83
12-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Second on clark..... Wallace would be a better highlight if he wouldve made the easier catches instead the circus one which i forgot about until u mentioned it
..point is one catch doesn't make up for all his dropped balls or poor route running im not a wallace hater i just think he had a very poor effort this year

Goodfrom55
12-28-2012, 04:59 PM
Max Starks - Unsung hero! What are the chances he is back next season?

Chances are he will not be resigned with Gilbert and Adams lurking. Starks has been awesome and by far the most consistent lineman this season.

Will Allen did a great job in the secondary and one guy who never gets recognition but always delivers when called on - Jerrico!

SnakeEyes43
12-28-2012, 05:51 PM
Bright spots:
#1 defense, even if it didn't always seem like it.
Beat the Ravens in Baltimore...with Charlie Batch.
Heath
Lewis
Timmons

Dim spots:
Injuries
No run game
WR were boneheads
Ben seemingly losing his mojo after the injury.

Nolrog
12-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Bright spots: Many already mentioned. Keenan Lewis and Ike Taylor should make a pretty good CB combo. Timmons is emerging to be a great MILB. Ryan Clark, very solid year.

Dim spots: A defense that cannot put any pressure what-so-ever on the opposing QB. The result is the lack of turn overs. The continual injuries on the OL, which led to a very spotty year from them. Injuries galore that took many of the best players out for extended periods of time. Limited playing time for the young guys once their "veteran" starter returned. Cam Heyward stuck on the bench for most of the time all year. The absolute joke of a #1 ranking.

Clevelandsux
12-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Problem with this years team was that there were too many "i' s" in team.

LevonKirkland99
12-29-2012, 02:38 AM
This season was a disappointment in so many ways, but some players stepped up and earned their money. Miller, Timmons, Clark and Pouncey are on the top of my list.

Brown, Sanders, Wallace, and Mendenhall were , meh.

We need to address the RUN game in the offseason

Goodfrom55
12-29-2012, 01:29 PM
We need to address the RUN game in the offseason

Perhaps it's becuase I'm old school, but in the era of the "pass happy" offense, I still maintain that to be successful in he NFL, a team needs balance. Hopefully the next O-Line coach puts this team where it should be with the talent they have upfront.

Number99
12-29-2012, 01:53 PM
There were some bright spots this year. But lets be honest. With the team that was assembled this past fall there had to be a lot of things go all to right so that things wouldn't go all too wrong. The transition to the new offense definately stalled some of the momentum of the offense. And yes the lack of a pass rush did limit the effectiveness of an otherwise very good defense. I mean who knows what the record would be if Ben hadn't gotten hurt? It's absolutley the right time to get a younger more capable back up for Ben. Lefty's glass body and Batch's wheelchair just won't hack it next season.

So as it stands the current draft position for the Steelers is 14. After week 17 they Steelers will disappoint again and beat the hapless Browns and probable finish at 18.

Clevelandsux
12-30-2012, 01:11 AM
I just can't stand people that think we should accept mediocrity just because we've had alot of success. Lions, Browns and Bills fans arent happy with losing either. They are just more accustomed to it. In fact they would be glad to finish 8-8. Yes we have to deal with mediocrity, but that doesn't mean we have to accept it.