PDA

View Full Version : Dalton

scudmissile29
12-28-2012, 07:56 AM
Where does red head fit in for you?

I think he's a top 15 qb, better than Flacco.

polamalu43
12-28-2012, 10:15 AM
He is a good franchise QB to work around. Hate to say it but I'd take Flacco. Mind you neither one of them can handle the Steelers. Ben is my guys but this is the first year I lost a bit of faith. I wish we had Steeler ball 80 times a year. Next up is the Draft for us to get excited about.

jdehoff83
12-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Hes a good qb... still think hes young to decide right now id say yes... but carson palmer use to be good too... alot of these qbs have very good receivers that actually make them look better then they really r... ie flacco

scudmissile29
12-28-2012, 11:46 AM
He is a good franchise QB to work around. Hate to say it but I'd take Flacco. Mind you neither one of them can handle the Steelers. Ben is my guys but this is the first year I lost a bit of faith. I wish we had Steeler ball 80 times a year. Next up is the Draft for us to get excited about.

dalton seemed to get it done last weekend.

flacco still can't.

now that dalton has done it, he can do it again.

Crash
12-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Swill. You blitz him and he folds.

Of course that's why we played zone on the biggest defensive play of the season last week and left his best receiver un touched off the LOS as well.

LatrobePA
12-28-2012, 12:15 PM
He's good and getting better!

Number99
12-28-2012, 12:21 PM
Flacco has peaked. What you see is what you get. Dalton just started his career and like was said is getting better. Dalton also has A.J. to throw to and thats a huge plus.

Big T
12-28-2012, 01:38 PM
Dalton has peaked too. He'll always be solid but unspectacular, IMO.

JensK
12-28-2012, 01:45 PM
I think he could be the sort of QB who'll be able to take a team to the Superbowl if the rest of the team is talented enough. He don't really lose a lot of games for them, but he might not dominate a game either like for instance Brady would. All in all I think he'll be a solid starter for them. That gives them something to build the franchise around and that'll help a lot as well.

LevonKirkland99
12-28-2012, 04:14 PM
Flacco definetly peaked, even Ravens fans will admit to it.

scudmissile29
12-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Dalton has peaked too. He'll always be solid but unspectacular, IMO.

lmao how can u say he's peaked after two seasons.

You could say Roethlisberger peaked after his first season, because he rarely throws for more than 20 touchdowns.

what utter rubbish you posted.

Crash
12-28-2012, 04:32 PM
You could say Roethlisberger peaked after his first season, because he rarely throws for more than 20 touchdowns.

If you say so.

LatrobePA
12-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Because he's a Bengal people will blast him! He's a solid player in a great system! Gruden is getting the most out of his young QB and wr.

TarlsQtr
12-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Swill. You blitz him and he folds.

Of course that's why we played zone on the biggest defensive play of the season last week and left his best receiver un touched off the LOS as well.

This is what I mean. In a game where the D had 6 sacks, 3 turnovers, and gave up 6 points, it is STILL their fault? Unbelievable.

scudmissile29
12-28-2012, 05:02 PM
If you say so.

shut up

Goodfrom55
12-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Dalton is a good young QB, but much like Duante Culpepper with Randy Moss, I'd like to see what he could do without his All-World WR, AJ Green. Once Moss was taken away from Culpepper, Culpepper became pretty ordinary overnight.

Big T
12-28-2012, 05:14 PM
lmao how can u say he's peaked after two seasons.

what utter rubbish you posted.

How is it rubbish? It's an opinion lol. I said he wouldn't get much better than he was last season, and he hasn't been that much better. He was a good, solid QB last year as a rookie and he was a good, solid QB this season. Last season: 20 TDs, 13 INTs, 3400 yards, 58 percent completion percentage. Solid, but unspectacular. This season 26 TDs, 16 INTs, over 3500 yards, 62 percent completion percentage. Again, solid but unspectacular. IMO, he's never gonna be an elite QB. He's far too inaccurate at times and gets easily flustered. He's played bad football games this season, as well as some very good. Top 15 QB? Certainly debatable. But I dont see him, as in MY OPINION, getting much better than he is... A good, solid QB that the Bengals can build around and win some games with. IMO, if the Bengals ever get to/win a Super Bowl with Dalton at QB (which won't be this season), it won't be because of him.

Crash
12-28-2012, 05:23 PM
This is what I mean. In a game where the D had 6 sacks, 3 turnovers, and gave up 6 points, it is STILL their fault? Unbelievable.

On that call? It's LeBeau's fault. The biggest play of the season, they hammer Dalton all day so what do we do?

We sit back and play the garbage soft zone that beats them in crunch time constantly.

4th and 15 to Matt Cassell up three points.

Same thing.

4th and game against the Ravens last season.

Same thing.

4th and game against the Ravens in 2009 without Ben.

Same thing.

Why LeBeau simply won't stay with what works, in key spots, is a mystery.

TarlsQtr
12-28-2012, 08:47 PM
On that call? It's LeBeau's fault. The biggest play of the season, they hammer Dalton all day so what do we do?

We sit back and play the garbage soft zone that beats them in crunch time constantly.

4th and 15 to Matt Cassell up three points.

Same thing.

4th and game against the Ravens last season.

Same thing.

4th and game against the Ravens in 2009 without Ben.

Same thing.

Why LeBeau simply won't stay with what works, in key spots, is a mystery.

Right, we sure would not want to blame Ben for throwing a terrible interception and giving them the ball on our side of the 50 or the Ben pick 6 earlier in the game that would have rendered the FG meaningless.

You then throw out a couple of examples where you feel they should have blitzed. Want to bet that we could easily come up with as many or more instances where they did blitz and play press coverage and got burned? (Playoff loss to Denver last year ring a bell?) The problem is you "see" what you want to "see." Sometimes it is not the play calling and it is just the players not executing. If they did blitz Dalton on the play in question and he threw a TD to Green you would still be b!tching because that is what b!tches do.

Crash
12-28-2012, 10:01 PM
We didn't blitz Tebow at all. We sat back and waited for him to make a mistake.

Just like we did with Carson Palmer this season.

Didn't happen.

If they did blitz Dalton on the play in question and he threw a TD to Green you would still be b!tching because that is what b!tches do.

No, I would rather lose a game making a QB beat my best stuff, instead of sitting back and handing it to him. You give AJ Green a free release on that play? Tackle him at the snap, at worst it's 5 yards if they don't complete a pass from our 41 with little time left except for a Hail Mary.

LeBeau's 4th quarter scheme has sucked for years.

Because they back off and concern themselves with chewing clock rather than making plays.

Ben should have never been in that position. When they turtled and ran the ball from their own 46 three times before a Ben scramble on 3rd down? They should have went to OT.

What sense did it make? Turtle from the 46 with 3 minutes to go, and then throw the ball starting at your own 11 with :44 to go.

If that's Arians? People would want him shot.

But not the jagoff who was a ball boy for this team 40 years ago.