PDA

View Full Version : Updated Mock draft Rounds 1-5: From drafttek.com

mcfly06
12-27-2012, 03:38 PM
I heard about this draft site from on here and i love it!! Here is their updated Mock Draft Rounds 1-5; Im just gonna list the steelers picks i agree with them, then ill list the players taken after or before maybe we could get if they fall.. I agree with this site tho!!

Round 1: 17th pick(as of now): Kenny Vaccaro; Safety (Texas). could also take Chance Warmack OT from Bama, Eric Fisher OT from Central Michigan.

Round 2: 47th pick: Stepfan Taylor; RB (Stanford). could also take John Simon from Ohio State, Le'Veon Bell RB Michigan State, Monte Ball RB Wisconsin.

Round 3: 79th pick: Josh Evans; Safety (Florida). could take if he falls to us Eddie Lacy could even take him in the 2nd round. Cornellius Carrdine OLB Florida State.

Round 4: 111th pick: Jamie Collins; OLB (Southern Miss). wouldnt mind taking Tyler Bray QB from Tennesse, or Brian Winters OT from Kent State.

Round 5: 143rd pick: Cory Grissom; DT ( South Florida), or Marquess Wilson WR from Washington State, John Boyett Safety from Oregon.

JensK
12-27-2012, 05:51 PM
Not really wild about any of these picks if I'm perfectly honest. I don't see us touching an o-line player of any sort in the 3 first rounds as it is right now. We've invested plenty much on that already, we just need them to stay healthy. I could see the point on going safety in the first, although I'm not crazy about this years saftey class (at this given point in time). I sort of like Rambo, but not in the first.

Depending on where we end up drafting I'm looking for a stud NT or outside LB (Unless Te'o falls). Then I'm looking for Skov on the second or third (I personally don't see him falling out of the second round if he has a solid combine).

From thereon out I don't really know much about which players I'd like yet, however a RB and Safety could easily be debated here. There are so much which can still change though. If Rambo is there in the second round (depending on his post-season), I don't think you can justify not picking him. Sure, we need some sure-fire talents, but he could potentially be the next great safety in the league imo.

Raleigh Steel
12-27-2012, 06:43 PM
I did see one mock where they had the steelers picking te'o. If he were to fall that far the steelers would take him faster than they took decastro last year.

JensK
12-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Its really tough predicing at this juncture. He could go in the top 5, or he could slip out of top 10. As it is right now I don't see Browns and Bills passing on him, but they do have other pressing needs as well and it is so unpredictable after all. Afaik, Steelers could end up drafting as high as 11 at which position we would have a decent shot at him, however I don't want us to move up after him even for a couple of spots because we have pressing needs on other positions as well, and at 11 there are multiple players which could fill them - especially because there is a bunch of very good passrushers in this draft.

mcfly06
12-27-2012, 10:00 PM
Not really wild about any of these picks if I'm perfectly honest. I don't see us touching an o-line player of any sort in the 3 first rounds as it is right now. We've invested plenty much on that already, we just need them to stay healthy. I could see the point on going safety in the first, although I'm not crazy about this years saftey class (at this given point in time). I sort of like Rambo, but not in the first.

Depending on where we end up drafting I'm looking for a stud NT or outside LB (Unless Te'o falls). Then I'm looking for Skov on the second or third (I personally don't see him falling out of the second round if he has a solid combine).

From thereon out I don't really know much about which players I'd like yet, however a RB and Safety could easily be debated here. There are so much which can still change though. If Rambo is there in the second round (depending on his post-season), I don't think you can justify not picking him. Sure, we need some sure-fire talents, but he could potentially be the next great safety in the league imo.

Id take that Brian Winters Olineman from Kent State in the 4th or 5th rounds. Me I like Kenny Vaccaro from Kent State, i dont see Te'o falling past 10th pick.. We should i have a list of players i want on the steelers lol some are they have us taking. Drafttek did have us Vaccaro then Rambo which would be awesome!!

cbrunn
12-30-2012, 01:49 PM
Only pick I like is Jamie Collins in the 4th would be a good pick in the 4th ... but I would be mad if the draft played out like this

In the first I would take Chance Warmack... if they don't trade back ... I just don't think there are any Impact players in the 12-20 range ... you can get the same quality player in the 2nd as you can in that 12-32 range

NeilPatrickBanana
12-30-2012, 03:00 PM
The quality in the 12-24 range is significantly better than the 2nd round

cbrunn
12-30-2012, 03:03 PM
The quality in the 12-24 range is significantly better than the 2nd round

Guess we'll just agree to disagree

NeilPatrickBanana
12-30-2012, 05:12 PM
I'd love to see your top 50

cbrunn
12-30-2012, 08:50 PM
I'd love to see your top 50

I'm not an actual scout I don't have a list on a paper lol ... I just don't see that big of a difference in the talent

NeilPatrickBanana
12-31-2012, 12:05 AM
I'm not an actual scout I don't have a list on a paper lol ... I just don't see that big of a difference in the talent

how can you determine that the players in the 12-24 range are of the same talent as the players in the 25-50 range, if you don't have a comprehensive list of players of which you are comparing?

What players do you not see a big difference between?
or were you just kinda making a random statement that fit with your "trade back" campaign?

Keenan Allen vs Robert Woods?
Johnthan Banks vs Jordan Poyer?
Eric Fisher vs Oday Oboushi?

You can agree to disagree for whatever reason, but you are simply agreeing to be wrong.

cbrunn
12-31-2012, 12:32 AM
how can you determine that the players in the 12-24 range are of the same talent as the players in the 25-50 range, if you don't have a comprehensive list of players of which you are comparing?

What players do you not see a big difference between?
or were you just kinda making a random statement that fit with your "trade back" campaign?

Keenan Allen vs Robert Woods?
Johnthan Banks vs Jordan Poyer?
Eric Fisher vs Oday Oboushi?

You can agree to disagree for whatever reason, but you are simply agreeing to be wrong.

So I need a list of notes and everything on players??? ... for what to argue with you about who is right and who is not??? ... to be completely honest none of this really matters ... not like the Steelers are actually going to come on here and take our opinions on what they should do ... Do I sit down and watch all of college football games and so on, uh no cause this is not my job ... I love how I'm just wrong because you say so ... whatever floats your boat ... but anyway i'll continue my assessment of these players

Haven't looked at WRs since I really would rather not draft one anywhere near the first 3 rounds ...

Banks vs Poyer ... no not that much of a difference... actually I like Poyer a little more then Banks

Haven't watched OT either since I really wouldn't touch one since we have recently two 2nd rounders on the team, why pick one??

Players that actually are a need for this team in my eyes... like OLB (Van Noy is much higher on my list then Dion Jordan, so is Brandon Jenkins ) ...
Safety (Rambo is higher than all safeties besides Matt Elam... I also like David Amerson moved to FS... Also like Duke Williams a little later in the draft)
ILB as I can't stand to keep seeing Foote in coverage (No real favorites here besides Alec Ogletree , and Gerald Hodges(moved inside)) (I look and like more coverage guys than big blow up the guard type)
there are good DTs but I think McClendon showed enough to warrant a year to at least try
Also 3-4 DE there are some good prospects in Ziggy Ansuh , Magnus Hunt , William Gholston ... but they invested 2 recent 1st round picks in the DE Position , so why would they pick another?

but anyway your really butt hurt that I don't like Dion Jordan like you ... the guy is going more athleticism than football player ... go a head and spew your I don't watch college football and i'm agreeing to be wrong and so on , just because I don't agree about your favorite player ...

really none of this matters ... just fans debating on players , that most likely won't be picked anyway... especially this early in the process

~edit~
oh yeah i forgot Chase Thomas maybe in the 2nd ... he might not be an underwear Olympics type player so he might fall to the 3rd ... but I watched the Notre Dame game and the guy was wrecking havoc behind the line of scrimmage ... haven't seen much else from him though, i'll watched other tape later on in the process

NeilPatrickBanana
12-31-2012, 01:14 AM
i dont have an opinion about your opinion of jordan...

what i find odd, is that someone would make a blanket statement about the quality of players in the 12-20 range, and compare those players to players in the 2nd round range... only to then say, they don't have a method of comparison, thus making the blanket statement rather silly.

what do you like more about Poyer? He's certainly go high upside, and excellent ball skills. But Banks is the far better talent, and much more polished.

cbrunn
12-31-2012, 01:33 AM
what do you like more about Poyer? He's certainly go high upside, and excellent ball skills. But Banks is the far better talent, and much more polished.

I like Banks size but I think Poyer has the more "Shut down" man 2 man skills and I like his ball skills

no matter who you like better I don't think the gap should be that wide when grading the two

NeilPatrickBanana
12-31-2012, 01:49 AM
I like Banks size but I think Poyer has the more "Shut down" man 2 man skills and I like his ball skills

no matter who you like better I don't think the gap should be that wide when grading the two

Banks is the best Man 2 Man corner in the draft (Milliner is a zone coverage corner).

Your position is that if your team was on the clock in the teens, and Banks was available, they should trade down, get an extra pick, because they could take Poyer 20 picks later?

Your comment about player value makes sense, when it becomes clearer that you have trouble differentiating between tiers of talent.

Number99
12-31-2012, 08:51 AM
Would rather take DT J Jenkins in the 1st and S TJ McDonald in the 2nd, providing both players are there. Fix the 2 big holes on def first.

cbrunn
12-31-2012, 09:30 AM
Banks is the best Man 2 Man corner in the draft (Milliner is a zone coverage corner).

Your position is that if your team was on the clock in the teens, and Banks was available, they should trade down, get an extra pick, because they could take Poyer 20 picks later?

Your comment about player value makes sense, when it becomes clearer that you have trouble differentiating between tiers of talent.

No Xavier Rhodes is a better Man 2 Man Corner then Banks ... in my eyes at least, and so is Poyer

just watch as the process goes along Poyer can easily shoot up boards into a late 1st early 2nd pick ...

NeilPatrickBanana
12-31-2012, 10:12 AM
No Xavier Rhodes is a better Man 2 Man Corner then Banks ... in my eyes at least, and so is Poyer

just watch as the process goes along Poyer can easily shoot up boards into a late 1st early 2nd pick ...

Rhodes is the best press corner. He is a route disruptor, and his jam at the line is the best in the nation. But if he's beat off the line, he is not in Banks ballpark in coverage.

All around, Banks is far and away the best Man 2 Man corner. Milliner is the best all around corner. His athleticism allows him to play off the ball, move in space, and he's still a dominant run defender.

I think you look too much at baseline stats. It's not surprising that you have the top sack and INT (Barr, Van Noy, Poyer) guys rated higher or equally with the more talented prospects.

There is a HUGE drop off after Banks and Milliner.

Poyer, doesn't have to shoot up draft boards to be a late 1st/early 2nd. That's where he should go as the #3/#4 corner, along with Rhodes.

connecticutsteel
12-31-2012, 05:02 PM
my opinion is Banks not poyer the real question is if Vaccarro and T'eo are both availible who do you take?

polamalu43
12-31-2012, 07:09 PM
In order
1st - DE
2nd - CB (Victorian and C Brown are a waste)
3rd - LB
4th - WR
5th - RB
6th - WR
7th - OL

mcfly06
01-01-2013, 05:53 PM
In order
1st - DE
2nd - CB (Victorian and C Brown are a waste)
3rd - LB
4th - WR
5th - RB
6th - WR
7th - OL

This all depends what happens before the draft if wallace leaves i say we go higher for WR but we do need RB so i say RB maybe 2nd round. because i dont like the running backs we have Mendenhall,Dwyer, Redman!