PDA

View Full Version : Can Heath return by September?

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2012, 09:35 PM
A torn ACL and MCL and at least somewhat damaged if not torn PCL as well is a pretty serious injury. Coming back from an ACL tear can be done, we saw that this season, in just 9 months from Starks and Hampton but Miller has a long way to go.

We can only hope his rehab goes well and he's able to start doing some running by the summer and then see what happens.

polamalu43
12-26-2012, 10:50 PM
Hope so but sort of doubt it is possible. Surgery on Thursday so he is going to be in recovery right away.

LatrobePA
12-26-2012, 11:25 PM
Nope...

Nolrog
12-27-2012, 10:56 AM
That's usually a year to recover from. So returning by September would be a challenge.

Raleigh Steel
12-27-2012, 11:20 AM
if heath was younger he might have a chance. with a perfect recovery (no set backs) and an aggressive rehab program, he could be back by mid october...maybe

steelchamp204
12-27-2012, 11:24 AM
I highly doubt it. I like to see what Paulsen can do. He was pretty good at Oregon. Just needs an opportunity in the NFL to improve on this level. Not saying that I want Paulsen to start over heath when heath returns. Just excited to see what the young guy can do. Hopefully he can be better than Spaeth

Raleigh Steel
12-27-2012, 11:40 AM
I highly doubt it. I like to see what Paulsen can do. He was pretty good at Oregon. Just needs an opportunity in the NFL to improve on this level. Not saying that I want Paulsen to start over heath when heath returns. Just excited to see what the young guy can do. Hopefully he can be better than Spaeth

if he put his gloves on his feet and his shoes on his hands he'd still be better than spaeth. :lol:

steelchamp204
12-27-2012, 11:41 AM
if he put his gloves on his feet and his shoes on his hands he'd still be better than spaeth. :lol:

God, Spaeth had some "wtf" moments haha.

Raleigh Steel
12-27-2012, 11:44 AM
i gave him the moniker, matt "waste of" spaeth.

Zachintosh66
12-27-2012, 03:06 PM
PUP list possibility

really wish we kept Saunders over Pope

BlitzburghRockCity
12-27-2012, 04:16 PM
I like the potential of Paulson, he got a ton of experience this year and he's starting to become a real solid blocker. As far as Heath goes, I'm going to rule anything out with him. I'm sure he'll be on a very aggressive rehab program even with such a bad injury.

jdehoff83
12-27-2012, 11:21 PM
Bring him back when he is ready to come back because we have all seen what happens when you bring someone back to early... especially at that position.. hell be the next one on the chopping block round here

SteelerCountry58
12-27-2012, 11:34 PM
This pisses me off. Heath has been the one true warrior who came to play
and do whatever the team called on him to do. I hope he makes a speedy recovery
and is able to play at some point next season. Now....do we need to draft a TE at
a higher pick this draft? Any good FA TE's available this offseason??

LatrobePA
12-28-2012, 12:48 AM
David Johnson will be back and he had a great camp until Gilbert fn demolished the poor bastard!

Crash
12-28-2012, 01:37 AM
David Paulson and David Johnson as the #1-#2?

PLEASE get well Earl!

steelcity73
12-28-2012, 04:29 AM
Here's where good Karma helps the team! Heath is a simple man, he takes care of his family, he gives his heart and soul to the Pittsburgh Stiilerz and is just a really, really, really good man!!! So all you can kiss my arse, Heath will be back next yr as good as new! Love you Heath, get well soon!!!!!