PDA

View Full Version : Worst season since?

scudmissile29
12-24-2012, 10:51 AM
For me it has to go way back to 2003.

2006 was a BS year
2009 we were actually good but couldn't keep leads.

This season (2012) we were just plain bad, but at least we didn't get swept by the dirty shithole ratbirds.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-24-2012, 11:08 AM

2006 was a BS year

This season (2012) we were just plain bad, but at least we didn't get swept by the dirty shithole ratbirds.

This was the worst season for me by far......The 98 season is a very close 2nd for me since that team started 7-4 but what started that teams downward spiral was the Bettis coin flip game on Thanksgiving in Detroit that season.....The Steelers lost in OT and lost the remaining of their games to finish 7-9......

The 1999 Steelers were 6-10 but my expectations of that squad were not really high due to them collapsing in 1998.......

The 2003 season did suck and that team also was 6-10 by all knew by then that Tommy Maddox was just a fluke so really it wasn't so surprise to see the team fall back in 2003........

The 2006 season really was ruined by Ben's bike accident and him coming back from that and also Ben having his appendix removed also was another set back for Ben that season.....

The 2009 season was a disappointment but I can't put it up there with this season, the 98, the 2003 seasons......

Back to this season and what makes it hard for me to swallow is the way this team lost games....That same stupid mistakes every week......This by far the worst season for me in terms of effort and the team just playing consistently ****** football......

LatrobePA
12-24-2012, 12:12 PM
This 2012 squad isn't a good one! Honestly flip a couple on those close games and this team could be well below 500!

scudmissile29
12-24-2012, 12:16 PM
This 2012 squad isn't a good one! Honestly flip a couple on those close games and this team could be well below 500!

I know, I want Mike Tomlins head on my plate for christmas dinner tomorrow.

LatrobePA
12-24-2012, 12:16 PM
I know, I want Mike Tomlins head on my plate for christmas dinner tomorrow.

Talking to family back home you and I aren't the only ones!

Clevelandsux
12-24-2012, 12:33 PM
2009 sucked, so did 2006. You had teams that were fat and happy and hungover from a sb win. 2006 however had bigben injured because of his motorcycle accident. Plus Cowher was pretty much on his way out. 2009 the defense folded without polamalu. Lost to kc, oak and cleveland.

SuperSteelers
12-24-2012, 12:36 PM

2006 was a BS year

Looking back at that ratbirds game was the highlight of the Steelers' season.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-24-2012, 12:37 PM
call me crazy... but this season doesn't hurt much. I always felt it was a transition year, and this was an 8-8 team. Once you lose Ben for a few games, that's that... Going 12-4 and losing to Tim Tebow in the playoffs hurt a lot more

I expected a mediocre year this year
I thought beating Denver was a near certainty... lol

ChucktownSteeler
12-24-2012, 12:54 PM

Clevelandsux
12-24-2012, 12:59 PM

why 83? We won our division that year with Cliff Stoudt. Went 10-6, best season of the 1980's for us.

Clevelandsux
12-24-2012, 01:02 PM
call me crazy... but this season doesn't hurt much. I always felt it was a transition year, and this was an 8-8 team. Once you lose Ben for a few games, that's that... Going 12-4 and losing to Tim Tebow in the playoffs hurt a lot more

it'll be worse if we lose to the clowns again. Like my names sake, i live in ohio. Would add insult to injury. I have a cleveland theory. Any year we lose to the browns, iits a bad year. 1999-6-10, 2000-9-7, 2003-6-10, 2009-9-7, 2012-?. All non playoff years.

SnakeEyes43
12-24-2012, 01:44 PM
If we get swept by the Browns, that will be icing on the worst season that I can remember. Like many mentioned, 2003, 2006, and 2009 sucked, but this season was just consistent let down. So disappointing.

steelersbabex25
12-24-2012, 01:54 PM
What made this season difficult for me was that we had so much talent on offense and they just seemed to completely **** the bed for the majority of the games. And a defense that was supposed to be awful and turned out to be stellar is now just a complete waste.

OldSchool58
12-24-2012, 02:07 PM
No leadership.
No leadership.
No leadership.
No leadership.

I don't give a damn who you blame from the front office, to the head "coach", to the OC, or the OL, or the QB, or anyone else in our organization........there isn't and hasn't been any leadership on this team. No one has stepped up in the locker room or on the sidelines. It's like watching a bunch of idiots with no clue on how to play football.......screw all of them. I'm pissed that the team I've rooted for for 40 damn years has fallen to this level of shittyness. Someone in upper managment better grow some freakin' balls in the off season and straighten this bunch of panty wearing bitches out.

scudmissile29
12-24-2012, 04:19 PM
What made this season difficult for me was that we had so much talent on offense and they just seemed to completely **** the bed for the majority of the games. And a defense that was supposed to be awful and turned out to be stellar is now just a complete waste.

I bet the defense shits the bed next year and the offense is clutch.

Real Deal Steel
12-24-2012, 04:50 PM
I agree that this is a leaderless team. This team needs that special "guy" to come in and galvanize this team. And those guys are haaaaard to find.

Troyisabeast_43
12-24-2012, 04:58 PM
This season at the end of the day was simply a disaster. Especially the last 3 weeks with the play of Ben and just the entire team in general. The Steelers have got to start winning games early in the season next year something they have failed to do the last 2 seasons which has put them in a severe hole early on. The bottom line is you cant lose to teams like the Titans and Raiders early in the season and then teams like the Browns and Chargers and expect to make the playoffs. This Steelers team has some severe issues right now and that is now 3 out of 4 seasons for Mike Tomlin with a Super Bowl loss sandwiched in between where he has had ZERO Playoff wins. And around here that is unacceptable. Tomlin and especially Colbert right now is going to have to rebuild this team and if he has lets say 2 or 3 more years of 8-8 or 7-9 seasons with no playoffs to show for it then the Steelers are seriously going to have to consider making a head coaching change. Just because Cowher and Noll were here for 30 and 15 years doesnt mean Tomlin has to be.

Troyisabeast_43
12-24-2012, 05:00 PM
If we get swept by the Browns, that will be icing on the worst season that I can remember. Like many mentioned, 2003, 2006, and 2009 sucked, but this season was just consistent let down. So disappointing.

I hope we do get swept by the Browns. We deserve too and plus it will allow us to move up 5 or 6 slots in the draft possibly which is something this team desperately needs to have happen. They need younger talent right now in all areas...

Clevelandsux
12-24-2012, 05:58 PM
I hope we do get swept by the Browns. We deserve too and plus it will allow us to move up 5 or 6 slots in the draft possibly which is something this team desperately needs to have happen. They need younger talent right now in all areas...

Whatever dude.

Clevelandsux
12-24-2012, 06:08 PM

I would have rather been 12-4 and losing in the playoffs. This season sucked! Yes we did have a 4 game win streak. Beat Ravens and Giants. But I cant honestly say ive enjoyed Steelers football at all this season. You never knew what team would show up and could never be secure with any lead. I paid $150.00 to watch this team stink up the city of Cleveland. Players dropped like flies due to injury. Seasons like this will make appreciate when the team wins. All i want out of this season now is beat the friggin Browns! Anyone of you that lives here in ohio would know exactly how i feel.

Stone
12-24-2012, 06:18 PM
I've been a die hard fan since 1973 and I can honestly say that this season was the worst yet. Sure, we had years with worse records, and years where we just weren't good enough to compete, but I don't remember any season where we had the talent this team has....... but no desire, no drive, no will.................

Worst season ever for me as a Steeler fan.

JensK
12-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Aww man Flame.. I was called all sorts of things last week for saying this season was the worst in Tomlins career :P

Anyway, it has been awful and I don't see it getting much better as long as Tomlin is here. I've been a huge supporter of his, but seasons like this sure make you doubt if he is the right answer. Anyway, that is probably me being extremely negative because of how the season turned out.

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-24-2012, 07:15 PM
A loss to the Stains will seal the deal as the worst I've seen (been around for a long long time). Not just in seasons total but in total lack luster performance and lazy attitude by the players and, a completely non functional management core that has left me completely baffled. How did we not win against all those chumps (no we are the chump).

I really expected better.

steelerzion
12-25-2012, 12:21 AM
Mike Tomlin Switzer... (Most overrated head coach in the nfl)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clevelandsux
12-25-2012, 03:37 AM
A loss to the Stains will seal the deal as the worst I've seen (been around for a long long time). Not just in seasons total but in total lack luster performance and lazy attitude by the players and, a completely non functional management core that has left me completely baffled. How did we not win against all those chumps (no we are the chump).

I really expected better.

Injuries and age. It's simple.

FlatsSteeler
12-25-2012, 08:22 AM
You Kids should have been around for Nolls 1969 1-13 Season.....or a take your Pick of the 40 years before 1972.......But in fairness I really see the Steelers declining under the current regime.........

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-25-2012, 11:21 AM
You Kids should have been around for Nolls 1969 1-13 Season.....or a take your Pick of the 40 years before 1972.......But in fairness I really see the Steelers declining under the current regime.........

In those days it wasn't about winnin in my book (Look up 63/64/65 records). Going to the game was like going to the circus. You was gonna get your money's worth of entertainment. The opponent was going to get his *** kicked (for real). The fans were great, it was fun to sit in Pitt stadium and FF gettin SF with people you didn't know. The mindset was different. If the Steelers actually won a game that was a bonus. You could actually afford to go the game then and pay cash for a ticket.

Then came 1972.

Crash
12-25-2012, 11:24 AM
1999 was brutal.

FlatsSteeler
12-25-2012, 11:29 AM
I agree totally A blocked View at Forbes Field and Bobby Lane passing to Ray Mathews......Or Hey Diddle Diddle Rogel up the Middle......NOW that was Football, every team hated to come to Pittsburgh knowing they were going to win the game but get pummeled doing so.......

Black@Gold Forever32
12-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Aww man Flame.. I was called all sorts of things last week for saying this season was the worst in Tomlins career :P

Anyway, it has been awful and I don't see it getting much better as long as Tomlin is here. I've been a huge supporter of his, but seasons like this sure make you doubt if he is the right answer. Anyway, that is probably me being extremely negative because of how the season turned out.

I think Mike Tomlin is alittle to comfortable since he knows he won't be fired.......

FlatsSteeler
12-25-2012, 11:54 AM
I think Mike Tomlin is alittle to comfortable since he knows he won't be fired.......
Don't be too sure of that Rooney3 isn't like his Dad or Grandfather..,.....he seems to be a results NOW owner......If this team continues to slide Tomlin will be in trouble......

Black@Gold Forever32
12-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Don't be too sure of that Rooney3 isn't like his Dad or Grandfather..,.....he seems to be a results NOW owner......If this team continues to slide Tomlin will be in trouble......

I agree Art II isn't his Grandfather or his father......But I'm just going by the Rooney track record and I don't think Tomlin is going anywhere and probably not next year....Now three straight non play-off season and yea then maybe Art II might get fed up......Art II needs to stop meddling with football matters on the field though and really forcing BA out was such a bad move....In my opinion it was all Art II forcing BA out......

FlatsSteeler
12-25-2012, 01:44 PM
For sure Tomlin isn't going anywhere next season but as you said 3 off seasons and it will be certain Rooney3 pulls the plug......Remember this is now the "What Have You done For Me Lately" society......

HUNT4SEVEN
12-25-2012, 09:27 PM
Tomlin has been 12-4 3x's in his career 9-7 once and this year could be his worse in 5 years, we beat the Rats 3x's TWICE with Tomlin and went to TWO Superbowls with Tomlin, he needs to be a better coach but kill all that give me his head on a platter BS...

Crash
12-26-2012, 12:04 AM
Art II not being like Dan IS our downfall.

Dan cut his teeth in this organization. Art is only here because he hit the sperm lottery.

Moondog
12-26-2012, 02:16 AM
I would have rather been 12-4 and losing in the playoffs. This season sucked! Yes we did have a 4 game win streak. Beat Ravens and Giants. But I cant honestly say ive enjoyed Steelers football at all this season. You never knew what team would show up and could never be secure with any lead. I paid $150.00 to watch this team stink up the city of Cleveland. Players dropped like flies due to injury. Seasons like this will make appreciate when the team wins. All i want out of this season now is beat the friggin Browns! Anyone of you that lives here in ohio would know exactly how i feel.

I know exactly how you feel because a large contingent of clowns fans really do suck. I really wouldn't care if they got swept this year if I didn't have to live amongst those asshats though.

Moondog
12-26-2012, 02:23 AM

I think so too, he reaks complacency.

Clevelandsux
12-26-2012, 03:35 AM
I don't think Tomlin will be gone. If they have another subpar season next year, he will get some heat. Tomlin has made a lot of horrible game decisions this season. Tired of watching undespilined football.

Nolrog
12-26-2012, 09:17 AM
This is the worst season since the last season we didn't win the Super Bowl. So since last year.

K Train
12-26-2012, 09:25 AM
if you wanted to go with a coin flip they could be 13-3 too....raiders, titans, broncos, browns, and cowboys were all close game decided by 1 score

LatrobePA
12-26-2012, 09:38 AM
if you wanted to go with a coin flip they could be 13-3 too....raiders, titans, broncos, browns, and cowboys were all close game decided by 1 score

Right but honestly they weren't good enough to have that record. It's killing people to admit that this team just wasn't a great one... Injuries and a few bone headed plays plagued this team!

K Train
12-26-2012, 09:47 AM
Right but honestly they weren't good enough to have that record. It's killing people to admit that this team just wasn't a great one... Injuries and a few bone headed plays plagued this team!

right but theyve had games where they are playing good and games where everything bounces their way....ben getting hurt was a big blow to the team, during his injured time and after. It happens, hopefully next year it wont.

Everyone says the defense sucks too....which isnt true at all, they had some pressure issues but they played well most of the year and even in the last game only have up what? 6 points? just like they did against the mighty giants

LatrobePA
12-26-2012, 09:50 AM
right but theyve had games where they are playing good and games where everything bounces their way....ben getting hurt was a big blow to the team, during his injured time and after. It happens, hopefully next year it wont.

Everyone says the defense sucks too....which isnt true at all, they had some pressure issues but they played well most of the year and even in the last game only have up what? 6 points? just like they did against the mighty giants

I agree 100%....

Clevelandsux
12-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Any year we don't make the playoffs is a bad season for me. And I disagree with many of you. As a fan my expectations are a competitive team in the playoffs and with the hope of getting to and winning the sb. Some of you are like they might as well finish 2-14 if they don't win the sb. These are the types of fans I don't want to be associated with.

SuperSteelers
12-28-2012, 04:26 AM
Any year we don't make the playoffs is a bad season for me. And I disagree with many of you. As a fan my expectations are a competitive team in the playoffs and with the hope of getting to and winning the sb. Some of you are like they might as well finish 2-14 if they don't win the sb. These are the types of fans I don't want to be associated with.

I'm sure those fans feel the same way about associating with you and won't be inviting you over for dinner.

Crash
12-28-2012, 05:41 AM
The defense doesn't make enough plays. 29th in the league in turnovers forced.

That affects scoring, it affected offensive scoring last season also.