PDA

View Full Version : The simple reason why we are not going to the playoffs.

jtretz
12-24-2012, 10:36 AM
[U]AWFULL GAME PREPARATION AND FAILURE TO MAKE PROPER ADJUSTMENTS DURING THE GAME[U]

scudmissile29
12-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Tip: On the Last [U] put a / before the U.

Seasons greetings.

North Steel
12-24-2012, 10:51 AM
Tomlin

Clevelandsux
12-24-2012, 12:18 PM
this team justisnt that good, time to retool.

SuperSteelers
12-24-2012, 12:33 PM
this team justisnt that good, time to retool.

Definitely a team on the decline.

Crash
12-24-2012, 01:02 PM
When lawyers are trying to coach this is what happens.

OldSchool58
12-24-2012, 02:23 PM
THE SIMPLE REASON WE ARE NOT GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS

We didn't win enough games.

LatrobePA
12-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Simple reason and one that no one wants to hear is: Ben! Simple as that, he wasn't good enough!

Crash
12-24-2012, 02:27 PM
Yeah that's it.

I hope they cut him. Then he can win elsewhere.

LatrobePA
12-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Yeah that's it.

I hope they cut him. Then he can win elsewhere.

You're #1! Congrats... Even Ben admits he blew their chance but its amazing how some of you can't seem to admit we lost because of him! Mind boggling! Yea that's what I meant lets cut him, you're an fn idiot!!!

Clevelandsux
12-24-2012, 03:03 PM
Ben was fine until that injury. I'm telling you he still isn't right.

LatrobePA
12-24-2012, 03:40 PM

So you think his brain is hurt?? lol

City of Champyinz
12-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Some blame Ben, but its not his fault. Look back earlier in the season when they lost to Oakland, Tennessee and the Browns. 8 turnovers in the Browns game. Inept defense and offense late during Oakland and Tenn games. The season as a whole summarizes individual games.... F***ing around until the very end and couldnt make plays when needed.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Nolrog
12-24-2012, 04:27 PM
AWFULL GAME PREPARATION AND FAILURE TO MAKE PROPER ADJUSTMENTS DURING THE GAME

It's even more simple than that. We didn't win enough games.

Nolrog
12-24-2012, 04:28 PM

Many on this forum hate Ben and wish they would kick him in the balls and cut him, so we could have the likes of Tim Tebow or Mark Sanchez as our QB instead.

LatrobePA
12-24-2012, 04:31 PM
Many on this forum hate Ben and wish they would kick him in the balls and cut him, so we could have the likes of Tim Tebow or Mark Sanchez as our QB instead.

Because he does things that make us bitch about him means we all want him cut? Maybe you should stop overreact posting! I didn't read one post calling for him to be cut! He sucked *** the last few weeks, deal with it!

Get7With7
12-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Because he does things that make us bitch about him means we all want him cut? Maybe you should stop overreact posting! I didn't read one post calling for him to be cut! He sucked *** the last few weeks, deal with it!

He was bad the last few weeks, but saying he's the biggest problem with this team this season is utter nonsense.

LatrobePA
12-24-2012, 04:36 PM
He was bad the last few weeks, but saying he's the biggest problem with this team this season is utter nonsense.

Right! I agree 10000%, defenses figured us out and Haley wasn't crafty enough to counter it! And Ben wasn't clutch enough to improvise...

jdehoff83
12-24-2012, 04:44 PM
The team did not play as a team.. At times they played like a highschool or D3 squad.. The basics and lack of execution poor tackling, dropped passes.. Ben is not the problem with the team and why they did not make it to the playoffs. Im not even looking at the Cinci game or even the cowboys game for that matter. The team played like crap against the worst the nfl had to offer this year and gave them games away. Shouldnt have even come down to this one big game. The team only played as a complete unit for most of their credible wins. Dont blame the president for the countries problems

steelers75
12-24-2012, 05:04 PM

Bingo. He was off to the best start of a season in his career until that damn injury.

Troyisabeast_43
12-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Mike Tomlin is who I blame. He didnot have this team ready to play week in and week out and these late season meltdowns with him are starting to get old and so is his saying "we accept responsiblity for what happened out there today". Tomlin and Colbert have a ton of work to do right now to right this ship. Ill keep saying this if Tomlin continues to fail the next few years and we get more seasons like this there is no way he is going to last here 15 years like Cowher did I just dont see it happening...

Clevelandsux
12-24-2012, 05:48 PM
So you think his brain is hurt?? lol

no but i think physically he may not be.

Clevelandsux
12-24-2012, 05:54 PM
I don't want to cut ben, but yes he has to be held accountable for his play last two games. And what some of you might need to realize this team needs to retool. We need better backs and need to replace some of the old blood. There is some fungus on this team too (wallace, mendenhall to name a few). There are some guys that have been on this team too long. Aging players have injury issues. I'm no belichick fan, but ill give him credit. If you can't perform for him now, you're gone.

LatrobePA
12-24-2012, 06:05 PM
No one wants him cut, it's crazy that we can't criticize him w out people out here accusing of that! He needs help! A solid running game will help, some roll outs too!

Stone
12-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Simple reason and one that no one wants to hear is: Ben! Simple as that, he wasn't good enough!

Silly.............Ben is plenty good enough. The game planning sucks, the in game adjustments suck, the prima-dona bull **** sucks, the lack of leadership sucks, the total lack of fire sucks.................I guess a bright light should shine on the head coach and his motivation skills.

LatrobePA
12-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Silly.............Ben is plenty good enough. The game planning sucks, the in game adjustments suck, the prima-dona bull **** sucks, the lack of leadership sucks, the total lack of fire sucks.................I guess a bright light should shine on the head coach and his motivation skills.

Lol ok! Haley threw the picks? Tomlin did? No Ben did, wake up man!

jdehoff83
12-24-2012, 08:44 PM
Has anybody else noticed that ben doesnt run anymore? I recall a play yesterday that it was like 3rd and 3 and he couldve ran for the first down but he threw an incomplete pass to wallace maybe?

LevonKirkland99
12-24-2012, 09:44 PM

I agree. He wasn't clutch enough in the last few games. But then do you blame Haley too since he calls the plays?

Is Ben really hung up on Arkansas leaving....The coaching was horrible this season, bug I think if Ben doesn't play well, we tend to loose those games.

LatrobePA
12-24-2012, 09:47 PM
I agree. He wasn't clutch enough in the last few games. But then do you blame Haley too since he calls the plays?

Is Ben really hung up on Arkansas leaving....The coaching was horrible this season, bug I think if Ben doesn't play well, we tend to loose those games.

I do blame Haley too but Ben just stunk up the joint when he came back.

Nolrog
12-24-2012, 09:49 PM

Not only did you read a post saying he should be cut, you responded to it.

LatrobePA
12-24-2012, 09:52 PM
Not only did you read a post saying he should be cut, you responded to it.

I never said he needed cut!

Nolrog
12-24-2012, 09:52 PM
Maybe you should stop overreact posting! I didn't read one post calling for him to be cut! He sucked *** the last few weeks, deal with it!

I'm not overreacting posting, I'm ridiculing idiots that cast blame on one and only one person and ignore what's actually going on.

LatrobePA
12-24-2012, 09:54 PM
I'm not overreacting posting, I'm ridiculing idiots that cast blame on one and only one person and ignore what's actually going on.

Gotcha!

Clevelandsux
12-25-2012, 12:21 AM
To be honest, when was the last time bigben lead us to one of his big comebacks? Been awhile! I think lasttime i can recall was the ravens playoff game two years ago.

Crash
12-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Ben except for one pass in Dallas was excellent. Anyone who says he stunk in that game is silly.

Vincent
12-25-2012, 01:50 AM
Has anybody else noticed that ben doesnt run anymore? I recall a play yesterday that it was like 3rd and 3 and he couldve ran for the first down but he threw an incomplete pass to wallace maybe?

If we're talking about the same play then we had the ball down around Cinci's 5 or 6 and he could have EASILY gotten the first down when scrambling. He was right there in front of it out of the pocket but instead threw an incomplete pass. And then Suisham missed the FG on the next play.

He could have practically just dove over the first down mark, practically no running required. I think he doesn't want to re-aggravate the injuries and that's why he's not running it anymore.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-25-2012, 01:57 AM
To be honest, when was the last time bigben lead us to one of his big comebacks? Been awhile! I think lasttime i can recall was the ravens playoff game two years ago.

Giants game this season..........

Vincent
12-25-2012, 01:58 AM
Mike Tomlin is who I blame. He didnot have this team ready to play week in and week out.

I agree. This team is just not playing with any kind of inspiration or focus. Every single week the team seems content with just being competitive and keeping the score close for a chance in the end. They're not out there to make every play count, or to truly expose other teams' weaknesses.

The two exceptions to this were the two Baltimore games. You could just tell that they were very pumped for those games, especially the defense. Every hit was perfectly on mark. The coverage was probably the best all season, and I don't think I saw a single missed tackle. That makes me wonder just how good this season could have been if they were properly prepared and pumped every week. And I blame Tomlin for that.

v

Crash
12-25-2012, 02:29 AM
If we're talking about the same play then we had the ball down around Cinci's 5 or 6 and he could have EASILY gotten the first down when scrambling. He was right there in front of it out of the pocket but instead threw an incomplete pass. And then Suisham missed the FG on the next play.

That simply isn't true.

Feel free to watch that play again.

Töm87
12-25-2012, 04:48 AM
If a team like that gets blown out against a mediocere team like the Chargers, there is only one man who is to blame. And that is the head coach! After all that is what he gets payed for. Making sure the guys are ready to go out their and play. Tomlin failed miserably. There simply is no excuse for a game like the one against the Chargers. Had we won that, we would still be in the playoff race.

City of Champyinz
12-25-2012, 09:27 AM
If a team like that gets blown out against a mediocere team like the Chargers, there is only one man who is to blame. And that is the head coach! After all that is what he gets payed for. Making sure the guys are ready to go out their and play. Tomlin failed miserably. There simply is no excuse for a game like the one against the Chargers. Had we won that, we would still be in the playoff race.

Or any other loss to a mediocre team. The 2 things the steelers have to do going forward is score consistently through out the game and run the football late in games. This forces the opposing offense to try to keep pace. The Patriots do this very well. Opposing offensive players make mistakes trying to keep up. And being able to successfully run the ball late will force the opposing offenses to score quickly. Offenses were able to make plays late in the game against the steelers defense all season. We all got that sinking feeling in our stomach late in games where the Steelers were either up by a few or tied and cant pick up first downs to maintain posession. They have to be able to play keep away late in games.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Töm87
12-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Totally agree with that!
I know he won't be fired but as long as Tomlin is here, we'll never play like that. At least not ona consistent basis.