PDA

View Full Version : Now that the season is over: how about we have an impromptu Steelers Addicts review

Rhys Lightning 63
12-24-2012, 11:33 AM
So, I want your nominations for the following categories:

Player Of The Year:

Most Improved:

Surprise Star Of The Year:

Memorable Moment:

What do we need in the draft:

Rhys Lightning 63
12-24-2012, 11:43 AM
I'll get the ball rolling

Player Of The Year: Heath miller - feel he had a terrific season, one of the few players that didn't let them or the team down. Honourable mentions go to James Harrison, Lamar Woodley and Mike Wallace

Most Improved: Shaun Suisham - towards the latter part of the year, he could do nothing wrong. I feel that some of the calls in the Cinci game to go for field goals were the wrong call by Tomlin when a punt would have been the safer option

Surprise Star Of The Year: Jonathan Dwyer - after all those fumbles and turnovers in the Cleveland road game, he came in and gave some good solid performances towards the latter stages, enough that I think he could give Rashard a VERY good run for his money as the #1 RB next year. Honorable mention also goes to Charlie Batch for the way he handled himself in Baltimore and shocked The Ravens

Memorable moment: Beating The Giants - with all that went on after Hurricane Sandy, the city was fired up, they wanted to give the fans a morale boost and we went there out of sync (given that travel plans were changed) and gave a great show of ourselves

What Do We Need In The Draft?: A decent QB that can actually fill in if Ben gets seriously injured like he has in the past.
A DE who can shadow Brett Keisel enough to take his spot when he hangs up his helmet, same goes for a SS to take Troy's spot if he gets injured.
A couple of nice, strong offensive lineman. We shouldn't be going into a game (like we did with Tennessee, where putting Heath Miller in as an OL was a distinct possibility due to the number of injuries)

Big T
12-24-2012, 11:45 AM
Player of the Year: Lawrence Timmons
Most Improved: Keenan Lewis
Surprise Star: Keenan Lewis
Memorable Moment: Ben and Batch after the game winning FG @ Baltimore
What we need in the draft: OLB, S, WR, MLB

Omicron
12-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Player Of The Year: Heath Miller

Surprise Star Of The Year: Lawrence Timmons

Memorable Moment: beating the Redskins

What do we need in the draft: S, OL, OL, OL, CB

OldSchool58
12-24-2012, 03:16 PM

Surprise Star Of The Year: Dwyer

Memorable Moment: Watching Batch win a game, period.

What do we need in the draft: Safety, O-line, QB, new coaching staff from top to bottom.........can we draft those?

mwittman5
12-24-2012, 05:22 PM
Player Of The Year: Heath Miller (Honorable mention: Timmons)

Most Improved: Suisham

Surprise Star Of The Year: Keenan Lewis

Memorable Moment: Batch beating the ravens

What do we need in the draft: Safety depth for Clark and Polamalu. DE to push hood. Backup QB, WR in case Wallace leaves. TE since Heath may miss games next year. MLB to replace Foote. OLB if harrison is cut.

scudmissile29
12-24-2012, 05:22 PM
Surprise Star: Cortez Allen
Memorable Moment: Banging one out over Flacco's miss when we go to work on their defense and get that field go@L.
What we need in the draft: S, WR, RB

Nolrog
12-24-2012, 05:32 PM

Pretty much says it all. More than anything, an impact player on D. We should be drafting high enough to get one too.

jdehoff83
12-24-2012, 05:35 PM
So, I want your nominations for the following categories:

Player Of The Year:

Most Improved:

Surprise Star Of The Year:

Memorable Moment:

What do we need in the draft:

Heath Miller hands down... Timmons was good too though

Lewis

Lewis and Dwyer

Tomlin and his explanation for the season

I am not a troy hater i think if he can stay healthy which is a big if , he and clark can hold it down. I do however think we need another CB that can actually catch the ball. LBs and find a credible backup for Ben.. I dont know what to say about the O line i mean they draft for it ..Decastro hurt in preseason just how the cookie crumbles for this line..

NeilPatrickBanana
12-24-2012, 05:41 PM
Memorable Moment: Batch game winning 4th quarter drives vs Bal.

BLACKandGOLD
12-24-2012, 05:46 PM

Surprise Star Of The Year: Keenan Lewis

Memorable Moment: Beating the Ravens with Batch

What do we need in the draft: OL, CB, RB, LB

scudmissile29
12-24-2012, 09:01 PM
Memorable Moment: Batch's game winning 4th quarter drive vs Bal.

fixed

Cricker24
12-26-2012, 08:45 PM
Player Of The Year: HEATH MILLER - How ironic and cruel is it that he has by far, in my opinion, his best season ever and in the next to last game suffers a MAJOR knee injury that could keep him out in 2013?

Most Improved: SHAUN SUISHAM - Outside of 2 barely missed 53-yard field goals, the dude's been money this year.

Surprise Star Of The Year: LAWRENCE TIMMONS - He finally showed why he was a 1st round draft pick.

Memorable Moment: CHARLIE BATCH BEATING THE RATBIRDS AT THEIR PLACE!!

What do we need in the draft: IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER - Lead RB, Back-up QB, Pass rushing LB, MLB, Safety positions, WR, CB

Goodfrom55
12-26-2012, 08:54 PM
Player of the Year: Heath Miller
Most Improved: Suisham
Surprise Star: (Tie) Keenan Lewis / Max Starks
Memorable Moment: Ben / Batch Embrace after the Baltimore Win.
What we need in the draft: OLB, S, RB, WR, CB, OT, QB

Big T
12-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Just FYI, Heath Miller and Maurkice Pouncey are the only Steelers that made the Pro Bowl. Heath is 100% deserving. While Maurkice did have a few games with some snap issues, he still played some great games this year. He was just a little inconsistent. The fact that Mike Pouncey didn't make it over both Maurkice and Chris Myers is a joke. Mike was the best center in the AFC this season. I think it should've been the Pouncey brothers. The fact that Timmons, Keenan Lewis, Starks, etc didn't make it isn't surprising, though there's no question that Timmons undoubtably should've made it.

Zachintosh66
12-26-2012, 09:17 PM

Surprise Star Of The Year: Lawrence Timmons

Memorable Moment: Leftwhich scrambling for a TD

What do we need in the draft: S, OLB, DL, RB, another TE weapon and WR's who can hold onto the ball after the catch is made. Think were going to be okay at CB and OL (once healthy).

Adding my own category...
Rookie of the Year: NONE, co-runners up is Rainey and Adams.

Zachintosh66
12-26-2012, 09:18 PM
Just FYI, Heath Miller and Maurkice Pouncey are the only Steelers that made the Pro Bowl. Heath is 100% deserving. While Maurkice did have a few games with some snap issues, he still played some great games this year. He was just a little inconsistent. The fact that Mike Pouncey didn't make it over both Maurkice and Chris Myers is a joke. Mike was the best center in the AFC this season. I think it should've been the Pouncey brothers. The fact that Timmons, Keenan Lewis, Starks, etc didn't make it isn't surprising, though there's no question that Timmons undoubtably should've made it.

in the NFC Jeff Saturday made it... didnt he get benched for that young guy?

Big T
12-26-2012, 10:34 PM
in the NFC Jeff Saturday made it... didnt he get benched for that young guy?

Yep. That's exactly why Pro Bowl voting has become such a joke. They really shouldn't let fans vote.

polamalu43
12-26-2012, 10:45 PM
POY - Miller
Most Improved - Lewis
Surprise Star - Suisham
Mem Moment - Leftwich tripping over his own feet and hurting himself...lol
Draft - DE, CB

Goodfrom55
12-27-2012, 09:50 AM
If anyone should have made it, it's Suisham. No one missing 3 FG's all season, 2 over 53 yards and one the ball was put down sideways. . .kicking in Pittsburgh and being that successful? He got snubbed. Fan vote should count 10 percent, not 33 percent.

NeilPatrickBanana
12-27-2012, 10:41 AM
fixed

wow... thanks :facepalm: