PDA

View Full Version : 3 out of the last 4 seasons for Tomlin ZERO playoff wins...

Troyisabeast_43
12-23-2012, 09:32 PM
And if major changes arent made by Mr Cliche and Colbert who is also a lot to blame for this debacle of a season this year then it will easily become 4 out of 5 seasons with no playoff wins and around here that is completely and totally unacceptable. This team under Tomlin this season has no identity what so ever and it seems as if it lacks a great deal of leadership on both offense and defense. This team was 6-3 after 9 games and had a playoff spot well in hand at that point and even had a great chance of winning the division and then boom they lose 5 out of their next 6 and if not for a Charlie Batch miracle win in Baltimore this team would be staring hard at a 6 game losing streak. They were unprepared week in and week out and were terrible late in games down the stretch. A lot of people say that Mike Tomlin is not going anywhere but you have to ask yourself if the next 2 seasons end the same way this one ended this year and this team misses the playoffs the next 2 years which is quite possible then the Rooney's have to strongly consider and take a long hard look at getting rid of Tomlin. Because what happened this year with this team having another late season meltdown the 3rd under Tomlin in the 6 years he has been here is just completely and totally unacceptable...This has got to change and get better next season and going forward because right now this team is a ****ing mess and it starts at the top with Mike Tomlin...

Crash
12-23-2012, 09:33 PM
Art coaches the team.

Troyisabeast_43
12-23-2012, 09:40 PM
The old man was the one that hired Tomlin he wanted him cause of the Rooney rule. But the bottom line is whether Tomlin is black white pink or purple he is simply not getting it done as a head coach the last 2 seasons. Things have to improve under Tomlin the next 2 seasons or so or I guarantee you 5 years from now Mike Tomlin is not going to be coaching this team...

scudmissile29
12-23-2012, 10:06 PM
I think some fans and the front office need to get real.

fans:
- just because we had 2 head coaches for like 40-50 years doesn't mean ****, if Mike doesn't get it done, he's not going to be HC for 30 or so years

front office:
- they need to be intelligent and make the right cuts, also throw out "dont sign high profile free agents BS"

SteelerCountry58
12-23-2012, 10:13 PM
The old man was the one that hired Tomlin he wanted him cause of the Rooney rule. But the bottom line is whether Tomlin is black white pink or purple he is simply not getting it done as a head coach the last 2 seasons. Things have to improve under Tomlin the next 2 seasons or so or I guarantee you 5 years from now Mike Tomlin is not going to be coaching this team...
I wouldn't even give him that long. Mediocrity and unstructured overall team function should not be tolerated.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-23-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm so tired of fans and their.. Oh we got 6 rings crap. So what, those rings aren't doing us a damn bit of good this year or last year.

Everybody wants to talk about how great of a coach Tomlin is and granted he has many very good qualities but this is a result oriented business and Steelers fans don't want to wait 13 years between super bowl wins after winning 2 of 3 in recent memory. I'm just disgusted with how this team executed all year long and the game plan once again being predictable.

So ask yourself, was it Arians or was it Tomlin and the Rooney's?

TarlsQtr
12-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Tomlin had a terrible year, IMO. That said, he is not going anywhere nor should he. The Steelers went through much darker days than this under Cowher and the patience displayed by the Rooneys was rewarded.

Suisham had an excellent year and I am not knocking him. But if Tomlin ever puts him out there for another 53 yarder, he should get b-slapped. Suish just does not have the leg.

Goodfrom55
12-23-2012, 11:10 PM
My problem with Tomlin is he is making the same inexperienced decisions he was making 4 years ago. Not a good in game manager, to many decisions that just don't make sense.

Nolrog
12-23-2012, 11:12 PM
I seem to forget. What happened that other playoff appearance?

Omicron
12-24-2012, 12:12 AM
I seem to forget. What happened that other playoff appearance?

Lost to the Jags

Steeldriven
12-24-2012, 12:43 AM
Tomlin had a terrible year, IMO. That said, he is not going anywhere nor should he. The Steelers went through much darker days than this under Cowher and the patience displayed by the Rooneys was rewarded.

Suisham had an excellent year and I am not knocking him. But if Tomlin ever puts him out there for another 53 yarder, he should get b-slapped. Suish just does not have the leg.

I got to disagree with you. Tomlins made more boneheaded decisions in his short time here than cowher did his entire career and I certainly would not be looking forward to many more dark days under tomlin when the keys to a great team was given to him right from the get go...Cowher had to rebuild a team.

TarlsQtr
12-24-2012, 12:54 AM
I got to disagree with you. Tomlins made more boneheaded decisions in his short time here than cowher did his entire career and I certainly would not be looking forward to many more dark days under tomlin when the keys to a great team was given to him right from the get go...Cowher had to rebuild a team.

1998: 7-9
1999: 6-10
2000: 9-7

Not to mention, If Tomlin had lost those AFC Championship games at home when we were double digit favorites he would have been tied to cement blocks and dropped into the Ohio River.

Crash
12-24-2012, 01:23 AM

Oh bullshit. Cowher inherited some good players from Noll.

When those players began to phase out? The winning stopped.

Until Ben arrived.

When Tomlin has a stretch of 6 wins and 18 losses like Cowher did then talk.

Töm87
12-24-2012, 08:38 AM
If you have a high paid high responisibility job in any business, you either deliver or you are sacked.
Tomlin didn't deliver by any standard of measurement.
If i had one wish. Tomlin out, Mike Zimmer in!

aaronsmith91
12-24-2012, 09:16 AM
I'm not a Tomlin game manager fan, but this is a team that people were sayin would have to rebuild after the '07 season. We lost a lot of premier players/leadership in the offseason and its hard to overcome that in one season.

Our offense is not as good as people think it can be. Our o-line sucks and we don't have a true #1 running back or receiver. On defense we don't have a playmaker in secondary (need someone other than Troy). And our edge pressure was not existent this year (I mean Timmons and foote had one less sack than woodley/harrison who at one point were one of the most deadly pass rushing duo's in the game [granted both flight through injuries this year])

Omicron
12-24-2012, 10:31 AM
My problem with Tomlin is he is making the same inexperienced decisions he was making 4 years ago. Not a good in game manager, to many decisions that just don't make sense.

I have to wonder if winning the SB early on made his ego too big. What infuriated me this year is each week in the Digest, there are the statements from Tomlin about "we learn from this game and move on". However, he did not seem to take that into account for himself as he has made the same bad decisions in different, later games. So he either did not remember those prior, bad decisions or just won't learn from them and instead is trying the 3rd time is a charm approach.

Speeed
12-24-2012, 10:45 AM
I disagree. Ben, Miller, Wallace, Brown, Sanders have put up decent numbers. And with Ben throwing them the ball, this team should be scoring 30 points a game. The problem has been when they have been catching the ball. They seem to do well in the first and second quarters to put us ahead 10-0 or so. Come second half, drops and follies ensue. They need to make those catches consistently and at opportune times.

I'm not a Tomlin game manager fan, but this is a team that people were sayin would have to rebuild after the '07 season. We lost a lot of premier players/leadership in the offseason and its hard to overcome that in one season.

Our offense is not as good as people think it can be. Our o-line sucks and we don't have a true #1 running back or receiver. On defense we don't have a playmaker in secondary (need someone other than Troy). And our edge pressure was not existent this year (I mean Timmons and foote had one less sack than woodley/harrison who at one point were one of the most deadly pass rushing duo's in the game [granted both flight through injuries this year])

Goodfrom55
12-24-2012, 11:07 AM
Offensively, they have not adjusted well in the 2nd half - to a point. Last year with BA, everyone went deep with no running game. This year, everyone is running 5-12 yard patterns with no running game. They proved my point yesterday by trying to run toss with dwyer or redman(don't remember which one), and the lane was there, but the RB was too slow and got stopped for no gain.

Real Deal Steel
12-24-2012, 11:08 AM
I'm so tired of fans and their.. Oh we got 6 rings crap. So what, those rings aren't doing us a damn bit of good this year or last year.

Everybody wants to talk about how great of a coach Tomlin is and granted he has many very good qualities but this is a result oriented business and Steelers fans don't want to wait 13 years between super bowl wins after winning 2 of 3 in recent memory. I'm just disgusted with how this team executed all year long and the game plan once again being predictable.

So ask yourself, was it Arians or was it Tomlin and the Rooney's?

Well, right now, with the success of Arians and the lack of with Tomlin and Rooney

We all need to take a hard and serious look at the front office. The front office looks to be the real culprit in all this. Questionable hiring of Tomlin, the refusal to use free agency in a new and different football world, and the talent evaluation (or lack there of) of Colbert.

I know it won't happen but I really want a new coach. I've seen enough of Tomlin and his inability to get the best out of players and their lack of accountability too.

aaronsmith91
12-24-2012, 03:01 PM
I disagree. Ben, Miller, Wallace, Brown, Sanders have put up decent numbers. And with Ben throwing them the ball, this team should be scoring 30 points a game. The problem has been when they have been catching the ball. They seem to do well in the first and second quarters to put us ahead 10-0 or so. Come second half, drops and follies ensue. They need to make those catches consistently and at opportune times.

That's what a true number one receivers does. Miller is a baller but we need someone to do what Miller does on the outside. Just look at the Bengals, A.J. Green is a pure number one and the dude is money (****in love that guy actually aside from being a bungal) but I mean they have no other receivers yet the guy gets open and makes clutch catches such as the one that won the game.

Real Deal Steel
12-24-2012, 04:45 PM
It would be nice to have a for real # 1 WR. Add a legit # 1 WR to Sanders, Brown and Miller and that would be a step in the right direction. But alas, I don't see any way we get one of those. Plus we have more pressing needs.

Speeed
12-24-2012, 04:49 PM
I agree. AJ is the type of player that shows up in free agency on occasion. The Steelers would need to court such a player. But, we know how that goes.

That's what a true number one receivers does. Miller is a baller but we need someone to do what Miller does on the outside. Just look at the Bengals, A.J. Green is a pure number one and the dude is money (****in love that guy actually aside from being a bungal) but I mean they have no other receivers yet the guy gets open and makes clutch catches such as the one that won the game.